Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

3 Hog basketball players investigated for rape

Started by Mark Lericos, September 09, 2009, 10:16:56 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawgndaaz

Quote from: 2ndhogmendmet on September 09, 2009, 10:51:29 am
Oh yeah let's get them drunk then gang bang them. It's ok they were drunk.

c'mon man, that wasn't my point. 3 guys being investigated doesn't mean all 3 were involved.. just means it could be any one of the three.

donewithdale

Quote from: ImHogginIt on September 09, 2009, 10:39:39 am
I am all for hiring Vandy's coach and let him recruit men of intelligence and character. I would prefer having Vandy type players who go 20-12 every year to rapists who win 25-30.

Would you be for no longer recruiting Jucos and prep schools?

donewithdale

Quote from: chiefsfan on September 09, 2009, 10:51:58 am
the problem is that no one really knows what is going on.  Yes there are rumors of players getting in trouble.  But there have been no media leaks to speak of for the incident.  so the only place it popped up is on the message boards which obviously isnt a source

I dont really think you can blame the coach for a rape charge...  I tend to think the players knew what would happen to them should they get caught

Who do you think Lericos is?

rljjr

Can we move this depressing thread to the BB area so I can still somewhat enjoy football? (I know, I know, but it's big Razorback news -- blah).

Hawgndaaz

Quote from: Marshfieldhog on September 09, 2009, 10:50:12 am
Yeah, let's blame the girl. I think I'm going to blame the thugs pel brought in.

You are innocent until guilty, except in the case of crimes against women. Even if they are proven innocent, their names will be forever tainted because of this accusation.

Like i said if they did it.. lock em up and never let them out.

Wildhog

I've about had it with all this crap.  You think it's going to be any different during the season?  There's a lot more drama coming because Pel is in WAAAAAAY over his head.  If he could recruit worth a damn instead of having to take these high risk players, we wouldn't be in this situation.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

hog_fan

Quote from: kim_jong_sqUeAl on September 09, 2009, 10:51:57 am
Come again?  There is info on Twitter that says they admitted to it??  WTH!

Didn't admit to it, but you just have to read it and not going to post it. It a weird post. Only one guy posted something that makes it seem true not all three.

chiefsfan

Quote from: donewithdale on September 09, 2009, 10:54:41 am
Who do you think Lericos is?

a TV reporter who spends way too much time on a message board

But im not doubting the rape report.  im doubting the leaks on here several months ago aboiut trouble that never hit media
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

Hogbody

Quote from: Hawgon on September 09, 2009, 10:51:38 am
One thing is different nowadays than it used to be, I can guarantee you if there were three guys involved, at least one of them took a video on his cell phone.  There will be that at least to go by.

I've heard that there was a camera

Hogbody

Quote from: hog_fan on September 09, 2009, 10:56:03 am
Didn't admit to it, but you just have to read it and not going to post it. It a weird post. Only one guy posted something that makes it seem true not all three.

read it too

Feralhog

Quote from: chiefsfan on September 09, 2009, 10:51:58 am
the problem is that no one really knows what is going on.  Yes there are rumors of players getting in trouble.  But there have been no media leaks to speak of for the incident.  so the only place it popped up is on the message boards which obviously isnt a source

I dont really think you can blame the coach for a rape charge...  I tend to think the players knew what would happen to them should they get caught

AYSM?  Did you click on the link?  If 40/29 isn't the frieken media, what is it?
Seer, Sage, Soothsayer and former Computer repairman for Hunter Biden......Feralhog the Magnificent

kimjongsqUeAl

Quote from: hog_fan on September 09, 2009, 10:56:03 am

holy crap this is crazy.  Thanks for the reply tho.
The Tree of Liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
- Thomas Jefferson

My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge...
- God

chiefsfan

Quote from: Feralhog on September 09, 2009, 10:58:22 am
AYSM?  Did you click on the link?  If 40/29 isn't the frieken media, what is it?

I was talking about the earlier reports of these players doing stuff and not getting in trouble for it...   Not the rape situation
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

Feralhog

Quote from: chiefsfan on September 09, 2009, 10:56:46 am
a TV reporter who spends way too much time on a message board

But im not doubting the rape report.  im doubting the leaks on here several months ago aboiut trouble that never hit media

I don't know what the hell your talking about.  The incident in question didn't happen several months ago.  It was sent to the rumors forum a day or two ago for obvious reasons.
Seer, Sage, Soothsayer and former Computer repairman for Hunter Biden......Feralhog the Magnificent

Clint Alan

Quote from: Hawgndaaz on September 09, 2009, 10:47:36 am
I am not buying it until the facts come out.

Girls get drunk at fraternity houses all the time, make bad decisions, and then try to blame others.

If they are guilty, throw em in jail. I just find it hard to believe, similar to the Duke thing.

Yea, lets blame it on the girl.......Either way, a youngman should know between right and wrong....Having sex with a young woman who is drunk/passed out, is the same as rape IMO....the woman has no clue at what is going on....I personally feel for the young woman, and the family of hers that this happened to....I cannot imagine what her dad must be going through....I know what I would do, and it would not be pretty, and I would end up with more jail time than those 3 that are accused....

If this were the first time an incident had happened questioning the moral compass of this basketball team, I may wait until all the "facts" are in.....as of right now, with the history this team has shown, I would not doubt this one bit....And that is sad....The state of our program, and when news like this breaks, that it doesnt surprise me.
"It isn't hard to be good from time to time in sports. What's tough is being good every day." - Willie Mays

kimjongsqUeAl

So does anyone know when this all supposedly went down?  No pun intended.
The Tree of Liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
- Thomas Jefferson

My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge...
- God

jkstock04

Real nice.  Just more evidence showing the basketball program is in a downward spiral.  Wonder how Hawgadvacate will spin this one?  Who's gonna be the first to throw out the names of the players?
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Feralhog

Quote from: chiefsfan on September 09, 2009, 11:02:19 am
I was talking about the earlier reports of these players doing stuff and not getting in trouble for it...   Not the rape situation

OK, now I follow. 

Hawgon

You know, we've always liked Pelphrey because of his pedigree and that he has always had the appearance, at least, of being a disciplinarian.  But, he is a Petino disciple.

Well, lately we have learned that Pitino is pretty slimey.  Maybe, just maybe Pelphrey never was what we thought he was.  I don't know, but I'm tired of the embarrasment.

outlawhogeywells

Hogbody

Quote from: kim_jong_sqUeAl on September 09, 2009, 11:03:40 am

seems like it was the 27th

donewithdale

Quote from: Hawgon on September 09, 2009, 11:04:48 am
You know, we've always liked Pelphrey because of his pedigree and that he has always had the appearance, at least, of being a disciplinarian.  But, he is a Petino disciple.

Well, lately we have learned that Pitino is pretty slimey.  Maybe, just maybe Pelphrey never was what we thought he was.  I don't know, but I'm tired of the embarrasment.

College basketball is slimey.  Most any major college coach these days is.  Well ones at major programs where there is pressure to win and our program is one of the most pressure packed.  Pel has cut corners to avoid a long rebuild knowing our fans don't have the patience for that.  This on top of what mess Heath left.  The implosion looks to be inevitable. 

Hogbody

jhog45

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on September 09, 2009, 10:33:40 am
i can tell you who its NOT.....and I don't know this for sure but I'd bet the money for my grandbaby's new shoes that it has nothing to do with Rotnei Clarke, Michael Sanchez, Marcus Britt or Michael Washington....as for the rest of the crew, who knows ?

Hope the grandbaby doesn't really need those new shoes

bsking

GolfnHog

Quote from: kim_jong_sqUeAl on September 09, 2009, 11:03:40 am

8/27/09 @ a frat house.
Have you ever listened to someone  or read what they put into thoughts and wondered...."who ties your shoelaces for you?"

trippigs

kimjongsqUeAl

- Thomas Jefferson

- God

chillinhoggie

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on September 09, 2009, 10:33:40 am
i can tell you who its NOT.....and I don't know this for sure but I'd bet the money for my grandbaby's new shoes that it has nothing to do with Rotnei Clarke, Michael Sanchez, Marcus Britt or Michael Washington....as for the rest of the crew, who knows ?
^I hate to break it to you but one of those guys is involved.^ the good news is three of them are not.
Don't wager G-baby's shoes just yet.

Jim Harris

Quote from: TexHog188 on September 09, 2009, 10:23:10 am
I had read something of this on another board back closer to when it happened, but it was dismissed as rumor.  Guess there is more to come.  Let's hope this is not a repeat of Duke Lacrosse.

what is a "repeat of Duke Lacrosse"? The players charged and prosecuted were never guilty and the prosecutor was defrocked as a lawyer, and the Duke lacrosse program is doing fine.
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

shankin6

HogDom

You will not be surprised when you hear who it was.

mizzouman

Quote from: Feralhog on September 09, 2009, 10:50:14 am
In other words, if there's never been a history of the player(s) causing problems, then we could hardly hold the coach responsible.  HOWEVER, if there's a history of trouble and we simply ignored it, then the coach should be held responsible.

I agree

YES.  But I would add that if the COACH has a history of having players that get into trouble, regardless of their past, then that coach should still be held responsible.

hawgsmellgud

"I've never been a numbers guy," Mallett said. "If you play the game for yourself, don't play. I don't want you on the team. There's one goal we've got here. If you're not trying to reach that goal, don't come to Arkansas."

heathtits

I told all you fools all along.

Get Pelphrey the Frank out. This is beyond disgraceful even if not true.

He has had more chances than a "special needs" student in a regular school class.

Cure

This has gotten pathetic for Hog Basketball, no control over the program, definitely not a good image to hang over our tradition.
Team Economics
From Keynes to Friedman, we know what's up.

Porkahontas

September 09, 2009, 11:52:25 am #89 Last Edit: September 10, 2009, 07:48:00 pm by Porkahontas
Decision time for the mods on here. You guys going to release the names of the players or we going to let the masses speculate and have innocent/completely not guilty players being fingered wrongly by fans trying to guess at who did it?

I know the names of the accused but I don't think it's my place to spill 'em. I'd just rather not see those not involed in this get ran through the mud during the time it takes to get the real names out there.

1CavHog

Quote from: HogDom on September 09, 2009, 11:51:17 am
You will not be surprised when you hear who it was.

Tony Stewart #14 Old Spice Chevrolet

PorkRyan

hawgsmellgud

"I've never been a numbers guy," Mallett said. "If you play the game for yourself, don't play. I don't want you on the team. There's one goal we've got here. If you're not trying to reach that goal, don't come to Arkansas."

Rocktownhog

GO HOGS!

PorkRyan

Cfortson4 Im gettin it at workouts like a dude who doesnt understand the word no from a drunk girl lol

Conway4Hogs

Out of control!!  This program is out of control

hawgsmellgud

1CavHog

Quote from: PorkRyan on September 09, 2009, 11:56:32 am
Cfortson4 Im gettin it at workouts like a dude who doesnt understand the word no from a drunk girl lol

Yeah that is a smart thing to put on your twitter account....

Jabroni

Quote from: Hawgndaaz on September 09, 2009, 10:47:36 am
I am not buying it until the facts come out.

Girls get drunk at fraternity houses all the time, make bad decisions, and then try to blame others.

If they are guilty, throw em in jail. I just find it hard to believe, similar to the Duke thing.

This.

Thank you, Hawgndaaz

HogDom

@Cfortson4 Im gettin it at workouts like a dude who doesnt understand the word no from a drunk girl lol