Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

3 Hog basketball players investigated for rape

Started by Mark Lericos, September 09, 2009, 10:16:56 am

Previous topic - Next topic

deshahawg

Chuck Beavers

I'm looking forward to the coming Forest City Joe "I told you so" rant. LOL!

1CavHog

Quote from: Clockwork9 on September 09, 2009, 12:14:16 pm
I'm looking forward to the coming Forest City Joe "I told you so" rant. LOL!

But FCJ was Pel's #1 fan

hawgsmellgud

"I've never been a numbers guy," Mallett said. "If you play the game for yourself, don't play. I don't want you on the team. There's one goal we've got here. If you're not trying to reach that goal, don't come to Arkansas."

Feralhog

Quote from: throwtheball on September 09, 2009, 12:10:58 pm
I'm an idiot because I consider someone in college a kid?  Lat time I checked I've got as much right to my opinion as you do yours.  I've got two sons and I can promise you that they were both acting like kids at 21.  Thankfully they've since grown up and started acting like adults.

If your boys did something like what these guys are being accused, your boys aren't kids, they're criminals.
Seer, Sage, Soothsayer and former Computer repairman for Hunter Biden......Feralhog the Magnificent

heathtits

Quote from: Porkahontas on September 09, 2009, 12:12:12 pm
Not unless those we're discussing are swept clean out of here ASAP.

Those swept clean will most likely include the coach. Which would in turn mean no Rotnei.

This could very well set us back another 5 years.

Most have no idea how short the leash Long already had Pelphrey on after the PRIOR Welsh dissapearing thing.

SRFL

Quote from: Porkahontas on September 09, 2009, 12:12:12 pm
Not unless those we're discussing are swept clean out of here ASAP.

Not sure a kid of his faith would want to stick around regardless.  I can't blame him.

This goes for others on the team who are good kids as well.

DEVICEHIGH

Nolan as interim until Mike's Uhaul can make it to town.
Hillbilly? I prefer Appalachian American

jr

G
Quote from: GrantMerrill on September 09, 2009, 12:05:10 pm
Just sent out to media from Sports Information:

FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. – The following is a statement from University of Arkansas Vice Chancellor and Director of Athletics Jeff Long.

“The athletic department is aware of an ongoing investigation into an incident involving an alleged sexual offense.  We are also aware that students, including student-athletes, have been questioned regarding this matter. The department and our student-athletes have cooperated fully with the investigation and will continue to do so. We will not speculate on any allegations.  We will wait for the prosecutor’s office to assess the case and determine how the matter should proceed. We will support our student-athletes in an appropriate manner in accordance with University and NCAA guidelines.”
Glad I found this post, now I can go back to work.

HogDom

Quote from: donewithdale on September 09, 2009, 12:12:21 pm
That conversation took a week to happen and is pretty worthless info.

I was showing you some of the stupidity and childish antics displayed by this worthless human being.

donewithdale

Quote from: DEVICEHIGH on September 09, 2009, 12:17:21 pm
Nolan as interim until Mike's Uhaul can make it to town.

As I just posted in the other Coach A thread:

NO.  HELL NO.

throwtheball

Quote from: Feralhog on September 09, 2009, 12:16:42 pm
If your boys did something like what these guys are being accused, your boys aren't kids, they're criminals.
The incident that was being discussed when I was called an idiot was the players putting stupid things on there twitter account not the allegations presently in the prosecutors office.  So I don't think that would make then criminals.

thirtythree

I'm glad that they have been charged, convicted, sentenced and JP loses his job. Seriously? Whatever happened to innocent until PROVEN guilty? If they did it then let them receive whatever it is they have coming to them. If it comes out that this has all been for not then a lot of you should be ashamed of yourselves.

CJP has no control of what these guys do ot of his sight. What's he supposed to do, impose curfew on the 24/7 t days a week?

No matter what comes of this CJP still has my support for coach of the razorbacks.

Monk-N-Dunk

Quote from: HogDom on September 09, 2009, 12:07:25 pm
@bmoore504 lets go

@bmoore504 wat a waste of time you are man like seriously10:10 AM Aug 27th from web in reply to bmoore504

@bmoore504 give it a break dude like seriously2:18 PM Aug 20th from TwitterFon in reply to bmoore504

# @Cfortson4 no wait I just dislike u for bring the person u are1:54 PM Sep 3rd from TwitterFon in reply to Cfortson4

# @Cfortson4 I hate u1:53 PM

They are joking.  They play each other in XBOX and talk trash when someone wins. 

donewithdale

Quote from: thirtythree on September 09, 2009, 12:20:29 pm
I'm glad that they have been charged, convicted, sentenced and JP loses his job. Seriously? Whatever happened to innocent until PROVEN guilty? If they did it then let them receive whatever it is they have coming to them. If it comes out that this has all been for not then a lot of you should be ashamed of yourselves.

CJP has no control of what these guys do ot of his sight. What's he supposed to do, impose curfew on the 24/7 t days a week?

No matter what comes of this CJP still has my support for coach of the razorbacks.

Don't know how else to put this but that is a dumb, naive statement. 

thirtythree

Quote from: donewithdale on September 09, 2009, 12:22:19 pm

Because it differs from you?

beebefootballfan

Bring back athletic dorms and put them on lock down.
"The American Republic will endure, until politicians realize they can bribe the people with their own money."- Alexis de Tocqueville

ADAM_713

I don't know the whole situation, but let me paint a picture for some of you who are throwing allegations.  A Southern university that is predominately white. A predominately white frat with mostly white patrons.  Young college girl gets walked in on by her friends with three black guys,  she all the sudden had to much to drink and was taken advantage of.  I am not saying I condone sexual acts like these, but for christ sakes have none of you ever been to a frat party? I am not saying that is what happened, but from the stories I have heard,  it is along those lines.   Rumors go both ways,  but that is all they are until real proof is thrown out there.   Girls/people are completely different behind closed doors from what you many times would think.
Quote from: kingofdequeen on May 19, 2010, 11:42:38 am
true story...

i paid a stripper $5 to slap me in the face right after i bit down on a lime after a tequila shot.  twas EPIC.

donewithdale

heathtits

Quote from: donewithdale on September 09, 2009, 12:22:19 pm

+1. Especially considering who is in charge anyway.

This is not knee-jerk either guys. This is literally the 3rd or 4th MAJOR issue with the players involved.

The prior one LITERALLY happened a few months ago.

And I assure you the issues have made it to the top. No not Pelphrey top, Jeff Long and BOT top.

40MINSOFHELL

Quote from: ADAM_713 on September 09, 2009, 12:25:01 pm
I don't know the whole situation, but let me paint a picture for some of you who are throwing allegations.  A Southern university that is predominately white. A predominately white frat with mostly white patrons.  Young college girl gets walked in on by her friends with three black guys,  she all the sudden had to much to drink and was taken advantage of.  I am not saying I condone sexual acts like these, but for christ sakes have none of you ever been to a frat party? I am not saying that is what happened, but from the stories I have heard,  it is along those lines.   Rumors go both ways,  but that is all they are until real proof is thrown out there.   Girls/people are completely different behind closed doors from what you many times would think.

true

Jabroni

I have to admit after reading a couple of the UA basketball teams twitter posts, I threw up in my mouth a little big about our program.

Surely we can recruit kids with better character and tact than that!

br549

Another nail in the Basketball Programs Coffin.

throwtheball

September 09, 2009, 12:28:11 pm #175 Last Edit: September 09, 2009, 12:33:11 pm by throwtheball

Pork Twain

September 09, 2009, 12:28:22 pm #176 Last Edit: September 09, 2009, 12:31:04 pm by BeoPig™
Quote from: Hawgndaaz on September 09, 2009, 10:47:36 am
I am not buying it until the facts come out.

Girls get drunk at fraternity houses all the time, make bad decisions, and then try to blame others.

If they are guilty, throw em in jail. I just find it hard to believe, similar to the Duke thing.
What an idiotic thing to say.  The alleged victim should have our support not the alleged rapists.  Pathetic...  I do not know what the truth is but I know where I stand.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

thirtythree

I don't know the whole situation, but let me paint a picture for some of you who are throwing allegations.  A Southern university that is predominately white. A predominately white frat with mostly white patrons.  Young college girl gets walked in on by her friends with three black guys,  she all the sudden had to much to drink and was taken advantage of.  I am not saying I condone sexual acts like these, but for christ sakes have none of you ever been to a frat party? I am not saying that is what happened, but from the stories I have heard,  it is along those lines.   Rumors go both ways,  but that is all they are until real proof is thrown out there.   Girls/people are completely different behind closed doors from what you many times would think.

Thank you.+1

iCalledThatHogBrotha!

Quote from: throwtheball on September 09, 2009, 12:10:58 pm
I'm an idiot because I consider someone in college a kid?  Lat time I checked I've got as much right to my opinion as you do yours.  I've got two sons and I can promise you that they were both acting like kids at 21.  Thankfully they've since grown up and started acting like adults.

I can write off a lot of things as just being kids, but when you talk about rape (if it did indeed happen), it doesn't matter if they are 12, they're not kids any more.

hawgsmellgud

"I've never been a numbers guy," Mallett said. "If you play the game for yourself, don't play. I don't want you on the team. There's one goal we've got here. If you're not trying to reach that goal, don't come to Arkansas."

heathtits

I don't know the whole situation, but let me paint a picture for some of you who are throwing allegations.  A Southern university that is predominately white. A predominately white frat with mostly white patrons.  Young college girl gets walked in on by her friends with three black guys,  she all the sudden had to much to drink and was taken advantage of.  I am not saying I condone sexual acts like these, but for christ sakes have none of you ever been to a frat party? I am not saying that is what happened, but from the stories I have heard,  it is along those lines.   Rumors go both ways,  but that is all they are until real proof is thrown out there.   Girls/people are completely different behind closed doors from what you many times would think.

Assuming what you are assuming is no different than the other side of the story that three black guys were around a white girl so she surely got raped.

It doesn't matter which one is true. These guys are under a microscope and should damn well know it.

You're really trying to tell me the likelihood, ESPECIALLY considering the past incidents with these guys is really similar to the Duke Lacrosse player situation?

The Duke Lacross player had NEVER been in trouble and had like a 3.8 and was all everything.

The guys involved right now have NO such track record.

throwtheball

Quote from: BeoPig™ on September 09, 2009, 12:28:22 pm
What an idiotic thing to say.  The alleged victim should have our support not the alleged rapists.  Pathetic...
Why should anyone have "support" until all facts are known rather than allegations and conjecture?

thirtythree

What an idiotic thing to say.  The alleged victim should have our support not the alleged rapists.  Pathetic...

Oh, because there has never been any cases of false accussations before.

Now that was an idiotic statement.

donewithdale

Even if consensual, there is line of judgement that is crossed from having character to not having character.  3 on 1 sex in a fraternity house can be considered crossing the line to having poor character no matter the race involved from all 4 parties invlolved.  Some kids can handle being on college campuses, some can't. 

throwtheball

Quote from: iCalledThatHogBrotha! on September 09, 2009, 12:29:23 pm
I can write off a lot of things as just being kids, but when you talk about rape (if it did indeed happen), it doesn't matter if they are 12, they're not kids any more.
One more time.  I was talking about the twitter post not the alleged rape.

WilsonHog

An accused has a constitutional right to have Miranda read to him before he is questioned.

An accused has a constitutional right to be represented by counsel.

An accused does not have a constitutional right to play basketball at the University of Arkansas.

Marshfieldhog

If this is all true, then maybe its best rob evans coaches the team this year and we regroup and get us a coach in the spring.

thirtythree

Quote from: donewithdale on September 09, 2009, 12:31:35 pm
Even if consensual, there is line of judgement that is crossed from having character to not having character.  3 on 1 sex in a fraternity house can be considered crossing the line to having poor character no matter the race involved from all 4 parties invlolved.  Some kids can handle being on college campuses, some can't.

Why? Because you make the rules for other peoples lives.

GuvHog

If I were the girls father, I'm not sure I would put her through that unless the
case is air tight because no matter if they're guilty or not what those attorneys
will do to that girl in court won't be pretty at all. They'll do everything they can
to totally destroy her reputation.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

kingofdequeen

$hit happens.  stories float out. 

doesn't mean the allegations are completely false...but until proven true, they don't need to be viewed as such.

heathtits

What an idiotic thing to say.  The alleged victim should have our support not the alleged rapists.  Pathetic...  I do not know what the truth is but I know where I stand.

This. Having been there and done that(fraternity parties). There is no excuse.

I don't care what ya'll saw on the "news". There are hundreds of fraternities and frat parties that happen without incident and in the same innocent manner as any other college party.

Of course we've seen the Lacrosse stuff, the Kobe stuff and the Roethlisburger stuff, but on the other end of it, we've also seen a bunch of rapes that WERE true.

Sorry, if it were different guys involved, I'd say innocent until proven guilty and give them the benefit of the doubt, but the guys who's names have been dropped, I'm VERY suspicious.

Lanny

Quote from: beebefootballfan on September 09, 2009, 12:24:42 pm
Bring back athletic dorms and put them on lock down.

I wish the athletic dorms were back
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

Rocktownhog

GO HOGS!

Silver Hog

I wonder what kind of crazy face Pel made when he first heard the news.

NorthshoreBoar

Quote from: GUVHOG on September 09, 2009, 12:33:55 pm
If I were the girls father, I'm not sure I would put her through that unless the
case is air tight because no matter if they're guilty or not what those attorneys
will do to that girl in court won't be pretty at all. They'll do everything they can
to totally destroy her reputation.
You don't know what you would do until you are in that situation. 
A good man can live a lie for only so long before he becomes just a man. - Jason Whitlock

pitbull1

kingofdequeen

heathtits

Unfortunately the Todd Day thing happened at Walton Hall.

Just kidding that story was totally bunk and hence why the prosecuter dropped all charges.

Todd Day got like a 1400 something on his SAT and by all counts was a model student and besides being a cocky prick. Generally a decent human.

The current guys... Not so much..

heathtits

Quote from: WilsonHog on September 09, 2009, 12:32:16 pm
An accused has a constitutional right to have Miranda read to him before he is questioned.

An accused has a constitutional right to be represented by counsel.

An accused does not have a constitutional right to play basketball at the University of Arkansas.

Absolute bottom line.

chiefsfan

Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.