Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What Ole Miss fans are saying about the mighty Memphis Tigers...

Started by RickyRoma, September 08, 2009, 04:21:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

RickyRoma

You have to read a few posts down to get to the good stuff.  The way the talk Memphis will be in the running for the BCS title this year.

This is straight out of the nutt-spin playbook.

http://olemiss.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=943&tid=125542147&mid=125542147&sid=1036&style=2

RickyRoma

I like the "memphis has the 2nd best d-line we will face all year next to alabama."

rebelbruiser

Quote from: hawgnjayhawkland on September 08, 2009, 04:58:56 pm
I like the "memphis has the 2nd best d-line we will face all year next to alabama."

That's BS, but Memphis does have some quality athletes, especially on defense.  They had 10 players, primarily defenders, who are transfers from major BCS programs, almost all of which were guys that had the talent but got kicked off their team for some reason.  Tommy West has made a habit lately of picking up the trash thrown aside by area BCS programs, because he says he can't get that caliber of athlete out of high school, and he can't.  They were definitely more athletic than they've been in the past, especially on defense.  Whether that translates into more wins for them or not is anyone's guess, but their defense was much more athletic than it has been in past years.

I was definitely encouraged by our secondary play.  Memphis has some weaknesses for sure, but one of them is not receiver.  They have at least 2 receivers that stand a good shot to be drafted, and our secondary did a solid job of blanketing them most of the day.  There were only a handful of times where the receivers were open downfield.  Most of the work they did happened on quick screens.