Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

No More Nutt!!

Started by ShadowTheHedgehog, September 08, 2009, 10:43:58 am

Previous topic - Next topic

ShadowTheHedgehog

You know, I was really happy when the dork was fired. CBP is a genius and will soon take us to the next level. The hogs are finally going to be up where they should be nationally. I understand all the comments about Nutt, heck I posted some of them myself. We (Most of us) hate the clown and want to see him fail (and he will). But I hope that starting next season people (my self included) will just let go and finally show him that he is forgotten and not worthy of our time.

Some people are already talking about an Arkansas-Ole Piss rivalry, ARE YOU FRIGGIN KIDDING ME????!!!!! Ole Piss has always been, and will soon again be the doormat of the SEC WEST. We don't want a rivalry with the bottom tier of the conference. Our Rivalry should be LSU, BAMA, not Ole Miss.

phadedhawg

I agree...Ole Miss is not worthy of being our rival...

Cure

You'd think he was still coaching here by how much he's mentioned.
Team Economics
From Keynes to Friedman, we know what's up.

hogrider

hoginator

If you are really serious about "No More Nutt!!" do not click on the link below...

http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=305935.0
Someone who doesn't stand for something will fall for anything...

1CavHog

I wish nothing but the worst upon Ole Miss and Nutt.

newera08

Quote from: ShadowTheHedgehog on September 08, 2009, 10:43:58 am
But I hope that starting next season people (my self included) will just let go and finally show him that he is forgotten and not worthy of our time.

why must we wait until NEXT year to start that?

Quote from: Cure on September 08, 2009, 10:47:14 am
You'd think he was still coaching here by how much he's mentioned.

exactly, we are all so hyped up about our potential NC next year. next years going to come and we'll still be talking about nutt sack

ballhog88

Yeah it's ridiculous all the HDN stuff on here. Its like you remarried this hot new wife but still hung up on the ex wife!

Albert Einswine

"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

Albert Einswine

Quote from: ballhog88 on September 08, 2009, 10:57:36 am
Yeah it's ridiculous all the HDN stuff on here. Its like you remarried this hot new wife but still hung up on the ex wife!

Ten years of spousal abuse doesn't disappear overnight.
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

hogsanity

2 of top 4 threads are about HDN, so sad.  If the medical profession needs a new definition of obsessed, they should just check out some of the posters here.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Albert Einswine

Quote from: hogsanity on September 08, 2009, 10:59:54 am
2 of top 4 threads are about HDN, so sad.  If the medical profession needs a new definition of obsessed, they should just check out some of the posters here.

Yet you can't seem to stay away.  So sad.

Conway4Hogs

ABSOLUTELY!!!   I could not be happier with coach Petrino!!  Let dead dogs lie  No pun intended.  It is enough fun for me just watching them struggle with their mighty #8 ranking. If Bama is 5th there sure is one hell of a drop off from 5th to 8th. :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:  Bottom line, Stop McCluster f**k and you stop dale.

Silver Hog

This shows how far we had fallen and how far back we have come already.

Nutt's claim to fame and the first signs of life was us beating SMU  (yeah SMU remember?)  So now Petrino has us up to at least wanting to beat an SEC team as a sign of improvement. 

Next stop, the SEC Championship win AND a BCS Bowl game!

Never, EVER go back to WANTING to beat SMU.  Later we never go back to WANTING to beat Ole Piss...

warriorlion

You know, I was really happy when the dork was fired. CBP is a genius and will soon take us to the next level. The hogs are finally going to be up where they should be nationally. I understand all the comments about Nutt, heck I posted some of them myself. We (Most of us) hate the clown and want to see him fail (and he will). But I hope that starting next season people (my self included) will just let go and finally show him that he is forgotten and not worthy of our time.

Some people are already talking about an Arkansas-Ole Piss rivalry, ARE YOU FRIGGIN KIDDING ME????!!!!! Ole Piss has always been, and will soon again be the doormat of the SEC WEST. We don't want a rivalry with the bottom tier of the conference. Our Rivalry should be LSU, BAMA, not Ole Miss.

Then why post it?  Lay down the pipe and quit today!

Lando Calrissian

I don't want to quit.

Watching Ole Miss fart around against an awful Memphis team nearly made my Sunday.
Quote from: Breems

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haGfGkX-MbA&feature=youtube_gdata

Quote from: HawgBallLvrKentucky would be in the same position right now at #1 even with Pel as their HC.

Quote from: IronHogJohn Stockton wouldn't sniff today's NBA.

Quote from: jacksonpollackEvery time I look around in BWA I get dizzy. It is hard to judge the capacity. During the Auburn game I tried to count all the people in attendance but got lost at around 30,000.

TN_Hog

I would love to hear from "OleMissByDamn" or "RebelBruiser" now. For those of you who have been on this site for the last few weeks, you will know who I am speaking of and how they were on our HogVille talking up OM pre-season.

We told them what they should expect under HDN...maybe Sunday's game scared them a little.

vandybuff

I was going to say more but someone posting before me used all the blue ink
What a wonderful time to rediscover the hobby for a lifetime - a great book!!!

A happy life is doing something "that matters".  So start today!!!!!

rebelbruiser

September 08, 2009, 03:09:17 pm #18 Last Edit: September 08, 2009, 03:12:36 pm by rebelbruiser
Quote from: TN_Hog on September 08, 2009, 03:04:51 pm
I would love to hear from "OleMissByDamn" or "RebelBruiser" now. For those of you who have been on this site for the last few weeks, you will know who I am speaking of and how they were on our HogVille talking up OM pre-season.

We told them what they should expect under HDN...maybe Sunday's game scared them a little.

We played poorly.  Snead was off.  The defense didn't tackle well.  The OL is still a question mark, as it was before the season.  Yet, we still covered the spread by 2 TDs with a 31 point win.

I'll take it, especially since we have over 2 weeks before our next real test.  Snead will play better this year as he settles in, and he did at the end of the game Sunday.  The defense will tackle better, though I still think they gave a very good effort as a whole.  The OL is the only question I still have with our team.  The rest of the team still looks good enough to be a 10 win team this year to me.

You're not going to play your best game every week.  If we can play below our potential and still win by 31, covering the spread by 2 TDs, I'll be alright with that.

I don't necessarily think we're the No. 6 team in the country, but I do think we're a Top 15 team, and I think that's where we'll finish the year barring major injury issues.  I'm definitely not pushing the panic button right now.  It's one game, and we pulled away late despite not looking our best.  We'll play better games this year.  If we look shaky and lose on September 24, I'll be more concerned, even though that's one of the games I'm most concerned about this year.

TN_Hog

Please don't talk about the "blowout" score. You know as well and I do that Memphis just gave up after about half of the 4th quarter. To put up some last minute scores on Memphis was not because OM just started playing well...Memphis just quit. BTW, OM should naot have had to play their first string into the 4th Quarter to win...but you did. Vintage Nutt. Get used to it.

wholehog92

September 08, 2009, 03:17:36 pm #20 Last Edit: September 08, 2009, 03:21:54 pm by wholehog92
Quote from: rebelbruiser on September 08, 2009, 03:09:17 pm
We played poorly.  Snead was off.  The defense didn't tackle well.  The blah blah blah

I don't necessarily think we're the No. 6 team in the country, but I do think we're a Top 15 team, and I think that's where we'll finish the year barring major injury issues.  I'm definitely not pushing the panic button right now.  It's one game, and we pulled away late despite not looking our best.  We'll play better games this year.  If we look shaky and lose on September 24, I'll be more concerned, even though that's one of the games I'm most concerned about this year.

If you were legitimately a top 15 team, you would have enough depth not to be worried about injuries.  I don't hear FL people talking about we will win the NC if we don't have too many injuries.  I don't hear USCW talking depth issues or injuries.  Why do you think you are only a top 15 with no major injuries?
My personal list of trolls so that I can remember not to reply to them:  Pigs Been Fly, gohogsgo006, hanksampson, no3putts, HarryGoat, Oxbaker, Olmissbydamn, LocalHawg, Thatguy, Masterhog, servicesupport, Razorhawg09, Big Poppa Z,  $100 Handshake, Poloprince.

List of folks that reasonable conversation will not happen:  Iron Hog, Jman, hognot, Solomwi, hogfan1111x, pigzwillrise.

Favorite Posters:  WilsonHog, Tomhog, Muskogeehog, Razorfox, TammayTom, razorback3072, bennyl08.

pigture perfect

I don't think we should tell Ole Miss a thing about their coach. Let them find out for themselves. It will benefit us better in the long run.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

TN_Hog

We played poorly.  Snead was off.  The defense didn't tackle well.  The OL is still a question mark, as it was before the season.  Yet, we still covered the spread by 2 TDs with a 31 point win.

I love this quote. It's as if nobody actually watched this game and that OM just eventually got things going for a blowout win...as expected. Actually, Memphis played OM very tight and without 1 bad pass by Memphis to end the first half, the score would have been 10-7 OM at half. Memphis is really bad, and OM was pushed well into the fourth quarter. My impression was that Memphis finally quit/got worn out - as you would expect of a lesser team - and this is when OM began to capitalize on Memphis' mistakes. I would certainly not say that OM just all of the sudden started playing great and showed why they are #6 in the country...not at all. Of all of the top 10 preseason teams, it was clear that OM played the worst and had "over-rated" written all over them.

I expect the FLU to hit Oxford in a big way soon, and HDN will be the first to report the news.

Jungle Fighter

Mississippi will soon become our homecoming game (when here of course). I wouldn't worry too much about that supposed Rivalry.

rebelbruiser

Quote from: wholehog92 on September 08, 2009, 03:17:36 pm
If you were legitimately a top 15 team, you would have enough depth not to be worried about injuries.  I don't hear FL people talking about we will win the NC if we don't have too many injuries.  I don't hear USCW talking depth issues or injuries.  Why do you think you are only a top 15 with no major injuries?

So you mean Oklahoma isn't a legitimate Top 15 team?  After all, they lost Bradford and couldn't do much offensively with him out of the game.

rebelbruiser

Quote from: Jungle Fighter on September 08, 2009, 03:35:00 pm
Mississippi will soon become our homecoming game (when here of course). I wouldn't worry too much about that supposed Rivalry.

This type of quote just shows how out of touch with reality some of you are.  Since the expansion of the SEC in 1992, when you finally were forced to play more than 2 good teams per season, you have been the 7th best team in the SEC.  We've been 8th.  And your winning percentages are closer to us at 8th than they are to LSU at 6th.

Not to mention the fact that your lead in the all-time series head to head with us is a very slim margin.  I believe it's 30-24-1 in your books and 29-25-1 in our books, due to a disputed game.  For some reason your fans think your program is closer to LSU, Bama, and Florida than it is to Ole Miss.  The scary part for most of you, which you don't want to admit, is the fact that your program, historically, is only marginally better than ours.

bolo1010

mainly thanks to the coach yall have now..  sooo..  yeah good luck with that

Jungle Fighter

I'll take it, especially since we have over 2 weeks before our next real test.  Snead will play better this year as he settles in, and he did at the end of the game Sunday.  The defense will tackle better, though I still think they gave a very good effort as a whole.  The OL is the only question I still have with our team.  The rest of the team still looks good enough to be a 10 win team this year to me.

You're not going to play your best game every week.  If we can play below our potential and still win by 31, covering the spread by 2 TDs, I'll be alright with that.

Did you also notice that Snead was still running the offense at the end of the game when you were already up enough for the win?

YOUR coach is all about appearances, he wanted the score to look like he dominated, though they sputtered through 3 qtrs against against an awful Memphis team.

When other coaches around the country are playing backups, to keep the starter healthy and to get 2nds ready in case of emergency, HDN is still playing his so he can pad numbers and look good.

But i'm sure it's all about the kids...

LAHOGG

Quote from: rebelbruiser on September 08, 2009, 03:39:00 pm
This type of quote just shows how out of touch with reality some of you are.  Since the expansion of the SEC in 1992, when you finally were forced to play more than 2 good teams per season, you have been the 7th best team in the SEC.  We've been 8th.  And your winning percentages are closer to us at 8th than they are to LSU at 6th.

Not to mention the fact that your lead in the all-time series head to head with us is a very slim margin.  I believe it's 30-24-1 in your books and 29-25-1 in our books, due to a disputed game.  For some reason your fans think your program is closer to LSU, Bama, and Florida than it is to Ole Miss.  The scary part for most of you, which you don't want to admit, is the fact that your program, historically, is only marginally better than ours.

We are all aware here of what you get from Nutt after a bye week.  A few trick plays.  Thats about it.  You'll see McCluster out of wildcat pitch it to Snead for a deep pass.  Don't expect them to be any sharper because of it.

TransAmHawg

Quote from: hoginator on September 08, 2009, 10:49:37 am
If you are really serious about "No More Nutt!!" do not click on the link below...

+1 that's funny.
It'll Shine When it Shines

Ol Frank has finally $h!t in his own lunch box!!!

"I hope they all keep smiling and taking the arse pounding that we are dishing out..
  It's their choice to bite the pillow or look over their shoulder lovingly.
  Either way we're on top..!"   
                             4windshawg

SPAL

wonderful points...and it is no surprise that the coach that led us to that 8th place winning % is at your school right now. The furture is bright isnt it?

RazorBacker215

Quote from: rebelbruiser on September 08, 2009, 03:36:24 pm
So you mean Oklahoma isn't a legitimate Top 15 team?  After all, they lost Bradford and couldn't do much offensively with him out of the game.

Oklahoma wasn't playing Memphis and even with the injury to Bradford they still have a chance at a NC. Do not compare OM to Oklahoma please.

The difference between OM and Oklahoma is this: If you take JS away for OM would OM still be thinking about a 10 win season or would they be thinking about a 5 win season? If you take Bradford away from OU would they be thinking about a 10 win season or a 5 win season? I think you know the truth.

TransAmHawg

Your here why?   
  You clicked on it too.
It'll Shine When it Shines

Ol Frank has finally $h!t in his own lunch box!!!

"I hope they all keep smiling and taking the arse pounding that we are dishing out..
  It's their choice to bite the pillow or look over their shoulder lovingly.
  Either way we're on top..!"   
                             4windshawg

hogpride82

I'll take it, especially since we have over 2 weeks before our next real test.  Snead will play better this year as he settles in, and he did at the end of the game Sunday. The OL is the only question I still have with our team.  The rest of the team still looks good enough to be a 10 win team this year to me.

How do you expect Snead to play better but have doubts about ur O line? That's about as contradictive as it comes.

According to Sundays game ur secondary looked pitiful. If Sundays game was the slightest indication of the rest of the year, you guys are gonna come out with you heads held low.

But hey, don't feel bad. We did it for ten years. Nutt + high expectations = meltdown. You can take that to the bank.

Hoggy1

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on September 08, 2009, 03:50:09 pm
wonderful points...and it is no surprise that the coach that led us to that 8th place winning % is at your school right now. The furture is bright isnt it?

Bam!  Idk how he's gonna respond to this one....
You must be smokin somethin if you think I ain't smokin nothin

Eddie Piggard

Quote from: Conway4Hogs on September 08, 2009, 11:07:40 am
ABSOLUTELY!!!   I could not be happier with coach Petrino!!  Let dead dogs lie  No pun intended.  It is enough fun for me just watching them struggle with their mighty #8 ranking. If Bama is 5th there sure is one hell of a drop off from 5th to 8th. :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:  Bottom line, Stop McCluster f**k and you stop dale.
coming from someone with one of his f**k ups in his avatar.....what a maroon!
Pray for Obama. Psalms 109:8

LAHOGG

September 08, 2009, 03:56:53 pm #36 Last Edit: September 08, 2009, 04:00:28 pm by LAHOGG

I think I'd put some pretty solid money on BYU to beat Ole Mrs by more than a couple TD's.  Thats the difference.  Ole Miss looks that sloppy against anybody in the top thirty and not memphis they would be 0-1 right now. 

newera08

you are correct. we have been the 8th best team in the SEC and the coach that is responsible for that 8th place is now on your sideline. we got tired of it and traded up. it may take a couple more years but we will be far from 7-8th on that list. you guys traded 8th place for hopes at moving to 7th place.

Hugulus Hog

He's the engine that drives the message board.  On a slow day you can always count on about a dozen Coach Nutt/Ole Miss threads.

Lando Calrissian

Quote from: Hugulus Hog on September 08, 2009, 04:05:43 pm
He's the engine that drives the message board.  On a slow day you can always count on about a dozen Coach Nutt/Ole Miss threads.

Did you watch the Ole Miss game on Sunday?
Quote from: Breems

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haGfGkX-MbA&feature=youtube_gdata

Quote from: HawgBallLvrKentucky would be in the same position right now at #1 even with Pel as their HC.

Quote from: IronHogJohn Stockton wouldn't sniff today's NBA.

Quote from: jacksonpollackEvery time I look around in BWA I get dizzy. It is hard to judge the capacity. During the Auburn game I tried to count all the people in attendance but got lost at around 30,000.

staffhog

I was was a big time hugger before Mitch and Damian got the ultimate.  Plus thanks to DJ Shannon and Uncle UGly, I managed to miss out on getting to dispise HDN as much as most on this board. So I'm still pissed and seeing him rubbing his hair Saturday made me want to erp.

My bropther still lock horns every time we get together.  He is still in denial about Nutt but tries to agree about Coach Petrino.
He sees the writing on the wall.

Hugulus Hog

Quote from: Lando Calrissian on September 08, 2009, 04:13:18 pm
Did you watch the Ole Miss game on Sunday?

Mad Men season 1 on dvd.

I'll have to admit I did look at the box score on yahoo some.

CoachHogT

wait till we beat them in Oxford........

Rebelbruiser, it isn't personal with me but your current HC crapped down our necks and rubbed it in.  Its sort of like he raped my sister and made me watch while those in charge who could have stopped the rape laughed and went along with it for years.  I don't like Nutt.  I don't like OM though I could get over that when you finally see the light and fire the idiot.  This isn't about football.  Its far bigger than that.  I admit I am ashamed of the time it took us to do the right thing and rid ourselves of the idiot and that is likely part of my problem.  Problem or not, I don't like the idiot and because of him, I want you Guys to lose every game.  Its not about you or OM its just one of the ways I have at getting back at the idiot.  Sorry.

sooners65

Quote from: hoginator on September 08, 2009, 10:49:37 am

I see what you did there!

ark525

QuoteSo you mean Oklahoma isn't a legitimate Top 15 team?  After all, they lost Bradford and couldn't do much offensively with him out of the game.

No, they are (and were) not.  If they were, their O-line would have been able to block BYU's pass rush effectively enough to prevent Bradford's injury, or at least allow the backup to get into a rhythm.  They also should have been able to establish a running game and just pound it through BYU with the 2 amazing RBs they have.....but they couldn't block well enough to pass or run.  Their defense played well enough for a top-15 team, but if their o-line continues such crappy play there's no way they beat Texas, Okie State, Nebraska, and maybe even Miami.

Bradford or no, I think this year's OU is a  3 or 4-loss team.

wholehog92

September 08, 2009, 04:58:11 pm #46 Last Edit: September 08, 2009, 04:59:52 pm by wholehog92

BYU > Memphis.  That is all that really needs to be said.  But this is my fun between tasks.

I will know in a couple of weeks if OU is a legit top 15 team without Bradford.  It will depend on how his backup does with reps with the first team.  One thing is for sure, they aren't a top 5 team without him.  The reality is I'm not convinced they were a top 10 team to begin with.  They had an inexperienced O line which is like saying "That girl is really pretty with the lights off."  I have no idea why Bradford stayed with that O line to come back to.

edit: plus 1 arky for knowing what I was going to type quicker than me.  LOL
My personal list of trolls so that I can remember not to reply to them:  Pigs Been Fly, gohogsgo006, hanksampson, no3putts, HarryGoat, Oxbaker, Olmissbydamn, LocalHawg, Thatguy, Masterhog, servicesupport, Razorhawg09, Big Poppa Z,  $100 Handshake, Poloprince.

List of folks that reasonable conversation will not happen:  Iron Hog, Jman, hognot, Solomwi, hogfan1111x, pigzwillrise.

Favorite Posters:  WilsonHog, Tomhog, Muskogeehog, Razorfox, TammayTom, razorback3072, bennyl08.

Porkahontas

Quote from: Lando Calrissian on September 08, 2009, 02:53:28 pm
I don't want to quit.

Watching Ole Miss fart around against an awful Memphis team nearly made my Sunday.

The way I see it, this should be a user-driven message board and if people don't like to read about Nutt, don't click on the damn threads.

Just because one person doesn't want to read about something doesn't mean there isn't a big chunk of people who are interested in the (hopeful failure of the) Ole Miss program and the snake-oil salesman they have for a head coach.

HotlantaHog

If Nutt had gone to, say, NC State or Clemson, I don't think there would be nearly the obsession.

But we are obsessed with all things SEC, and Nutt took his golden parachute to the SEC West of all places. I don't find anything wrong with the obsession, and it is not surprising given all that went on for a decade.

After Bobby Petrino gets things rolling, and after Nutt bolts outside the SEC, bashing him will be less fun.

rzrbackrob

When Old P*ss fans stop telling me how crazy Arkansas was for getting rid of Nutt, then I will be able to drop it. I figure after this season ends in a lower tier bowl and the next two seasons end in a losing record, that will just about do it.
Good is the enemy of great