Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tammany Tom is a moderator?

Started by Table Rocker, September 07, 2009, 12:44:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Table Rocker

An LSU fan is a moderator on Hogville? I respect Tom and glad he's here but come on, him being a mod is a slap in the face to the thousands of good Hog fans that frequent this board. Do you think a Hog fan would ever be a mod on an LSU board? Bama board? Any other SEC board? No chance.

Porkys Revenge

RazorWire™

GZ. TT !!! Lanny doesn't arbitrarily pick MODS. Must be something special about ya.

IronHog

Quote from: RazorWire™ on September 07, 2009, 12:51:29 pm
GZ. TT !!! Lanny doesn't arbitrarily pick MODS. Must be something special about ya.

I hear that as the one LSU fan who can both type and doesn't smell a treat on a stick he is quite a celebrity in the Baton Rouge area and has a way with the wealthy planter's daughters!
Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

jdevers

Yep, TT runs a corn dog free zone in BR.  Quite a big deal with all the chemical plant owners as well.

moonswine

Quote from: Table Rocker on September 07, 2009, 12:44:18 pm
An LSU fan is a moderator on Hogville? I respect Tom and glad he's here but come on, him being a mod is a slap in the face to the thousands of good Hog fans that frequent this board. Do you think a Hog fan would ever be a mod on an LSU board? Bama board? Any other SEC board? No chance.

Why not?  He joins all the pro-Auburn / Gus is God congregation and pro-Ole Miss / Nutt huggers who post here in an attempt to undermine Coach Petrino. 

Table Rocker

Quote from: moonswine on September 07, 2009, 01:30:17 pm
Why not?  He joins all the pro-Auburn / Gus is God congregation and pro-Ole Miss / Nutt huggers who post here in an attempt to undermine Coach Petrino. 

key word: post, not moderate, there's a huge difference.

Wildhog

September 07, 2009, 01:47:01 pm #7 Last Edit: September 07, 2009, 02:02:26 pm by Wildhog

I agree with this.

Quote from: Table Rocker on September 07, 2009, 01:42:17 pm

and this.

All the Gus hugging morons are going to cost us recruits.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

TomasPistola

Tom brings good insight to the recruiting forums. It's like like he's moderating MMQB.
Quote from: Hog Momster on January 06, 2011, 09:45:30 pm
You were right.
Quote from: Breems on April 28, 2011, 05:58:14 pm
You did a great job.
Quote from: Verge on June 22, 2011, 08:44:20 am
If you have some form of mental retardation i will stop making fun of you, just want to clarify this first.

moonswine

Quote from: Table Rocker on September 07, 2009, 01:42:17 pm

Hey guys I am in total agreement.  It is ridiculous and I understand the difference in poster / moderator.  I was just trying to reference that whether you are a poster or a moderator not being a supporter of the program at this time is counterproductive.

jdevers

I'm never seen a post by him outside of recruiting, he has a LOT of insight into the recruits in Louisiana and is pretty honest in his evaluations with only a slight LSU bias. 

Table Rocker

Quote from: TomasPistola on September 07, 2009, 01:57:27 pm
Tom brings good insight to the recruiting forums. It's like like he's moderating MMQB.

He's more insightful than most on this board, including me, I just think it's kind of ridiculous he's an opposing fan and a moderator on a Hog board, like it's an attempt to cater to an SEC rival. I like having opposing fans on this board, makes for great discussion and humorous trash talk, but making them mods makes us look stupid I think.

linze82

smite me bishes

Porkahontas

I could care less if it was a damn Hawaii Rainbow fan or an ASU fan listed as a "moderator" on the board as long as they don't abuse their power, use their position to get out of fights they get in, and constantly go on a power trip moving posts around that they don't agree with or think is "news-worthy" when it's been well thought out and researched, and is fact-oriented.

This Tom dude seems intelligent enough and doesn't seem to do any of the things I have listed above. Maybe it's just me but I completely fail to see a problem here.

Razorod

Hoping the Hogs basketball fortunes change for the better this season.

TomasPistola

Quote from: Porkahontas on September 07, 2009, 02:16:40 pm
I could care less if it was a damn Hawaii Rainbow fan or an ASU fan listed as a "moderator" on the board as long as they don't abuse their power, use their position to get out of fights they get in, and constantly go on a power trip moving posts around that they don't agree with or think is "news-worthy" when it's been well thought out and researched, and is fact-oriented.

This Tom dude seems intelligent enough and doesn't seem to do any of the things I have listed above. Maybe it's just me but I completely fail to see a problem here.

You could or your couldn't care less ;)

I agree with you though.
You were right.
You did a great job.
If you have some form of mental retardation i will stop making fun of you, just want to clarify this first.

Table Rocker

Quote from: Porkahontas on September 07, 2009, 02:16:40 pm

If I'm an LSU fan visiting this board I look at that and think "wow, we LSU fans are so superior to Arkansas fans in recruiting we have guys that are actually moderators on THEIR message boards."  If recruits come on here and read this board, which I'm positive some do, how does it look to have an LSU fan as a moderator, nothing like a little free extra visability.

stronguard

September 07, 2009, 02:29:19 pm #17 Last Edit: September 07, 2009, 02:38:45 pm by stronguard
Tammany Tom is a closet Razorback anyway guys.  The only reason he roots(wink) for the Tigz is because other Elsshew fans have threatened to burn down his trailer park if he openly switches allegiance.

TT's ok, and he's not giving Les any tips on our recruiting.
If you don't know, now you know.

Chief Idiot of the Tavern

"Woke" is a term made up by people who have appointed themselves as intellectually superior as a way to describe themselves in comparison with those whom they deem ignorant.

LJHOG

T Tom is ok, fair and balanced as they say.  Has some good insights.  I say let's keep him.

Table Rocker

Quote from: LJHOG on September 07, 2009, 02:59:50 pm
T Tom is ok, fair and balanced as they say.  Has some good insights.  I say let's keep him.

i'm not pissed he's here, i think its great to have him here, i just think making a mod is a little much.

WilsonHog

I see no problem with it. Much ado about nothing.

Tammany Tom

For the record:

I never asked for it, never expected, or even wanted it. I've never once changed or even thought about editing anyone's posts.

Lanny likes, and wants, opposing team's fans posting on the board. You may not like other team's fans posting on a Hog board, but the owner does. Lanny made me a moderator completely out of the blue. I told him that I didn't want to moderate anything and that I just liked his board and liked to talk SEC sports with folks on this board.

I started posting on this board prior to the LSU - Arkansas game about 5 or 6 years ago (can't remember exactly what year) I guess I can look it up, but it doesn't matter. I liked the board, liked the posters, enjoyed the conversation and stayed on over all these years.

I don't think LSU is superior at all to Arkansas. Quite the contrary. I fully realize that we have a much better recruiting base than Arkansas and that gives us an upper hand. I'm the one always saying there's nothing different than you or I except that we root for different teams. There does, however, have to be the occassional idiot that has to make a huge deal out of me being a LSU fan and insult me personally. But, I can deal with it as I have pretty thick skin.

Basically, I could care less if I'm a moderator on here or not. If you don't like it then I suggest you IM Lanny and ask him to change it. I won't care one way or the other. I will still read the board and post from time to time if I'm one or not.

moonswine

Quote from: WilsonHog on September 07, 2009, 03:35:00 pm
I see no problem with it. Much ado about nothing.

You are entitled to your opinion.

Tammany Tom

Quote from: moonswine on September 07, 2009, 03:43:45 pm
You are entitled to your opinion.

If you disagree then please IM Lanny and ask him to change my status. Again, it's his board and his policies. I'm sure if enough of you ask him to change my status then he will certainly make the right decision for his board.

moonswine

Quote from: Tammany Tom on September 07, 2009, 03:43:31 pm
For the record:

I never asked for it, never expected, or even wanted it. I've never once changed or even thought about editing anyone's posts.

Lanny likes, and wants, opposing team's fans posting on the board. You may not like other team's fans posting on a Hog board, but the owner does. Lanny made me a moderator completely out of the blue. I told him that I didn't want to moderate anything and that I just liked his board and liked to talk SEC sports with folks on this board.

I started posting on this board prior to the LSU - Arkansas game about 5 or 6 years ago (can't remember exactly what year) I guess I can look it up, but it doesn't matter. I liked the board, liked the posters, enjoyed the conversation and stayed on over all these years.

I don't think LSU is superior at all to Arkansas. Quite the contrary. I fully realize that we have a much better recruiting base than Arkansas and that gives us an upper hand. I'm the one always saying there's nothing different than you or I except that we root for different teams. There does, however, have to be the occassional idiot that has to make a huge deal out of me being a LSU fan and insult me personally. But, I can deal with it as I have pretty thick skin.

Basically, I could care less if I'm a moderator on here or not. If you don't like it then I suggest you IM Lanny and ask him to change it. I won't care one way or the other. I will still read the board and post from time to time if I'm one or not.

I enjoy your thoughtful and intelligent posts.  It is a bit much having an LSU fan as a Mod on a Hawg board.

oklahogjr

well i figure since tammany tom has been a very helpful insightful and polite poster for longer than i've known about the board he has every right to moderate. 
lets go bowlin

TomasPistola

Quote from: Table Rocker on September 07, 2009, 02:22:38 pm
If I'm an LSU fan visiting this board I look at that and think "wow, we LSU fans are so superior to Arkansas fans in recruiting we have guys that are actually moderators on THEIR message boards."  If recruits come on here and read this board, which I'm positive some do, how does it look to have an LSU fan as a moderator, nothing like a little free extra visability.

This is a silly post. Even if a recruit noticed that an LSU fan were a mod here and even if they cared - if they influenced their opinon I'm not sure I would want them on the team.

You were right.
You did a great job.

Table Rocker

Quote from: Tammany Tom on September 07, 2009, 03:43:31 pm

Lanny likes, and wants, opposing team's fans posting on the board. You may not like other team's fans posting on a Hog board, but the owner does.

Seriously? did you even read my posts? I said you were even more insightful than me, half the time I crack jokes or make sarcastic comments. I enjoy having you and other "intelligent" opposing fans here, makes for great discussion. Something just irks me the wrong way that a Tiger fan is a moderator on Hogville, you may be a great guy, fair and balanced, who knows a ton about recruiting, but you are still the opposition. Like I said, i can't imagine ever seeing a Hog fan annointed a moderator on an opposing board, no matter how great of a poster they were.

Tomhog™

I'd say it is a title of honor to Tom. It's not one he actively uses in moderating posts. He knows more about recruiting than just about anyone here. His posts are not the typical rival coming on to stir the pot. They are insightful and intelligent. I certainly hope he is welcomed by all here for the depth of his posts.

Table Rocker

Quote from: Tomhog™ on September 07, 2009, 03:59:24 pm
I'd say it is a title of honor to Tom.

this is the problem.

title of honor? really?? there are tons of intelligent and insightful HOG FANS on this board (I'm not one of them :) ), why aren't they all honored like Tom?

Tammany Tom

Quote from: Table Rocker on September 07, 2009, 03:58:38 pm
Seriously? did you even read my posts? I said you were even more insightful than me, half the time I crack jokes or make sarcastic comments. I enjoy having you and other "intelligent" opposing fans here, makes for great discussion. Something just irks me the wrong way that a Tiger fan is a moderator on Hogville, you may be a great guy, fair and balanced, who knows a ton about recruiting, but you are still the opposition. Like I said, i can't imagine ever seeing a Hog fan annointed a moderator on an opposing board, no matter how great of a poster they were.

Table Rocker, the part of my post that you quoted was not directed at you or anyone in particular. My entire post was to the board. I don't know why you thought it was in any way directed at you.

I completely understand anyone's point of view that I shouldn't be a moderator and I don't take it personally. Again, if you or anyone else thinks that it is wrong for me to be one, then please IM Lanny and tell him so. I'm sure he will make the best decision for his board.

tiber

You can look at this a multitude of different ways.

IMHO, what it boils down to is this -

1- There is a guy with 'Moderator' under his name and he's openly a fan of LSU. 

2- The aforementioned guy has an LSU tiger as an avatar. 

3- This person is now allowed to 'moderate' posts on a Razorback recruiting forum.

LSU fan.  Moderating a Razorback Recruiting Forum.

Lanny clearly decided that was a sound idea, so there it is.

Table Rocker

Quote from: Tammany Tom on September 07, 2009, 04:09:39 pm
Table Rocker, the part of my post that you quoted was not directed at you or anyone in particular. My entire post was to the board. I don't know why you thought it was in any way directed at you.

I completely understand anyone's point of view that I shouldn't be a moderator and I don't take it personally. Again, if you or anyone else thinks that it is wrong for me to be one, then please IM Lanny and tell him so. I'm sure he will make the best decision for his board.

I'm glad you can at least see the conflict of interest, I'm not gonna PM Lanny, he can run his board however he likes, I'm just stating my opinion without getting personal. Like I said, you obviously bring a ton to this board, appear to be a nice guy, and I don't think you'd abuse your power...but you are still a Tiger :)

Dalt21

Tammany Tom, just keep doin what you're doin. That's all im gonna say.

hogdiggity

until tammany actually performs a mod function, it seems to be a mute point.  I hadn't even noticed he was a mod until this thread came up

southeasthog

I think for Tammany Tom to retain his moderator status he must admit that LSU has lost at least 1 recruit in the last 5 years that held a "committable" offer. Not just to the Hogs but to any team.

Moe85

Tomhog™

Quote from: Table Rocker on September 07, 2009, 04:05:40 pm
this is the problem.

title of honor? really?? there are tons of intelligent and insightful HOG FANS on this board (I'm not one of them :) ), why aren't they all honored like Tom?

Wow, some of you guys will argue about absolutely anything.  It's what keep message boards going...

tiber

Lanny can do whatever he likes with this site.

But it's unrealistic to think this isn't going to be heavily questioned, and there are plenty of reasonable ways to question an LSU fan being a moderator of a prominent Razorback recruiting board. 

In my opinion that's not arguing.

3kgthog

If he doesn't edit or remove any posts then what's the point of him being a moderator? I'm pretty sure we could get the input of opposing fans without making them mods. True? 

Tammany Tom

Quote from: southeasthog on September 07, 2009, 04:16:42 pm
I think for Tammany Tom to retain his moderator status he must admit that LSU has lost at least 1 recruit in the last 5 years that held a "committable" offer. Not just to the Hogs but to any team.

Southeasthog, I point out that LSU gets the vast majority of Louisiana kids that they offer and will take their commitment, but in no way do I ever say that LSU gets most of the out-of-state kids that they offer and will take their commitment. Man, LSU only gets a small percentage of OOS kids that they offer just like every other program out there. It's difficult for every school (including USC and Florida) to persuade out-state kids to come to their program.

LSU has offered several Arkansas kids commitable offers almost every year for the past 10 years. Rarely, does LSU ever get one. The only two I can think of over the past 10 years are Helms and Stoltz.

Here's two Louisiana kids with "commitable" offers from LSU that signed with other programs just this past year: Kenny Bell and Janzen Jackson. The number of out-of-state kids is far too numerous to even begin to right about. 

yraciv

I completely agree with Table Rocker.  Would I have noticed or said anything?  Probably not, so nothing personal TT.

berryhog

Quote from: ROAD HOGG on September 07, 2009, 05:01:51 pm
Tom is one of my favorite posters... good honest info always.

Me too.  I guess I'm in the minority here, but I fail to see a problem with him being a mod.  This is the recruiting forum and he is obviously very knowledgable about recruiting and gives a fair and honest assessment of recruiting issues.

Porkahontas

I can honestly say that we'll never lose a recruit because a moderator on a freaking message board is an open fan of another team.

IF that ever happens, if Michael Dyer comes out and says "I picked LSU because they have a moderator on hogville and that means they're superior", then you can point your finger at me and say "I told you so."

Just seems like the ultimate "so what?" type of situation. To each their own.

hogwild32

This isn't a first.  LSUfan was a DST moderator until he vanished and then came back.

I see and agree with Table Rocker's point.  On the other hand, TT is a great guy and it seems that he knows his stuff.  So...I'm torn.

farmhawg

TT keep up with the insightful posts. We are glad to have you on this board.

If the rest of you want to bitch then complain about the mods that are here for political reasons(i.s. Courtney@fox).  They have posted what, maybe 25 times? At least TT POSTS here.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

tiber

September 07, 2009, 05:38:41 pm #46 Last Edit: September 07, 2009, 05:40:28 pm by tiber
Maybe someone can explain what possible benefit there is to having a fan of another SEC team as a moderator on a Razorback recruiting board.

While that someone is at it, I'm sure there are more than a few that would be interested to see other examples of an SEC recruiting board with an opponent's fan as a moderator.  Could those be pointed out to those of us that aren't aware of this practice?  Maybe we're totally missing the angle here.

Will this new tiger fan moderator -

1- Actually moderate/edit/delete posts made on the board by fans of the program the board is actually designed around?

2- Provide info helpful to the Razorback community?  As in info that may not help the LSU recruiting efforts and the people that follow them?
There's no real debate as to whether the person in question has insight into recruiting info surrounding HIS team.  Please don't confuse that with the question I'm trying to ask.

As I mentioned earlier, this was Lanny's decision.  But since the conversation is here, we compete with LSU for recruits, and I don't know of any other board (that I've frequented) where a rival fan is actually a moderator in a recruiting board, these are a few of the questions that I would ask.

Quite Frankly

Wow.  It's like a barnyard of hens fighting over a grub worm on this thread.  It's pretty simple to me.  If Lanny thinks it's fine, then it's fine.

On the chance it doesn't work out, Lanny will fix that too.

In the meanwhile, some of you need your perscription of Chill pills refilled.

Eddie Goodson

"I already won the lottery. I was born in the US of A, baby. And as backup, I have a Swiss passport." — Creed Bratton

hog_fan

I have seen very few posters so Gus pro they want Petrino to fail. Yes, some like Gus, but only a few like him over Petrino.