Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

That Great Arkansas All-American running back, (FNU) McFarland

Started by Lagavulin16, September 05, 2009, 10:28:50 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Lagavulin16

Don't know if anybody else caught this, but while watching the Alabama/WVU game tonight, Alabama lined up in the "Wildcat" formation several times.  After about the the second or third time, Brent Musburger decided to weigh in with his insight on the history of the formation.  Musburger implied it all began when "McFarland" ran it at Arkansas.  No first name, just "McFarland". I am just guessing on the spelling he imagined.  At first I thought I misunderstood, but he repeated it a second time.  Time to consider your retirement options Brent.

BigSexyHog

Quote from: Lagavulin16 on September 05, 2009, 10:28:50 pm
Dont't if anybody else caught this, but while watching the Alabama/WVU game tonight, Alabama lined up in the "Wildcat" formation several times.  After about the the second or third time, Brent Musburger decided to weigh in with his insight on the history of the formation.  Musburger implied it all began when "McFarland" ran it at Arkansas.  No first name, just "McFarland". I am just guessing on the spelling he imagined.  At first I thought I misunderstood, but he repeated it a second time.  Time to consider your retirement options Brent.

That guy is about as clueless as they come.  Dude is a major waste of time and really hard to listen to.
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

Lagavulin16

Maybe he was thinking of Spanky McFarland and the Little Rascals episode of the football game.

rebelbruiser

That's awesome in how awful it is.  I could maybe even understand if he was talking about a back that played in the early 90s that was no longer in the NFL, but McPhadden was playing college football 2 years ago.

Musberger sucks.

SteveInArk

That is, basically, very sad....  even old farts like Lou Holtz can get McFadden's name right... or even try DMAC, Brent... that was used more anyway...
- "If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else's, we'd grab our's back." - Unknown

mckinneyhog5

September 06, 2009, 09:34:31 am #5 Last Edit: September 06, 2009, 09:36:29 am by mckinneyhog5
Quote from: rebelbruiser on September 06, 2009, 06:54:03 am
That's awesome in how awful it is.  I could maybe even understand if he was talking about a back that played in the early 90s that was no longer in the NFL, but McPhadden was playing college football 2 years ago.

Musberger sucks.
You need to check your Pacts, Fal.
I assume you where joking when you said Musberger sucks for messing up Mcfaddens name, then in the same post you mis-spell his name.  You Pail.
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

Arctic Hog

I heard it too.  I thought McFarland was some assistant I'd never heard of or that he'd butchered Malzhan's name.

razobak

Go Hogs, Beat Refs!

Hog Leg