Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Shiloh vs. Evangel

Started by Tomhog™, September 03, 2009, 08:04:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

COCHISE

Sam Harvill just sacked the Evangel QB for a 17 yard loss.

COCHISE

COCHISE

13-10 Shiloh following a Frazier TD run.

Clint Alan

Rasco is a good looking prospect for Evangel.....very good looking prospect
"It isn't hard to be good from time to time in sports. What's tough is being good every day." - Willie Mays

srwhogs1

Watching the game on Charter Cable here in NE Georgia...

COCHISE

hawgsmellgud

The commentators are terrible hard to listen to
"I've never been a numbers guy," Mallett said. "If you play the game for yourself, don't play. I don't want you on the team. There's one goal we've got here. If you're not trying to reach that goal, don't come to Arkansas."

yraciv

linze82

shiloh looks slow to me.

maybe it's just who they're playing
smite me bishes

jkelly107

berg

jkelly107

Razorod

Quote from: linze82 on September 03, 2009, 09:57:31 pm
shiloh looks slow to me.

maybe it's just who they're playing
agreed. well coached, maximize what they have, but limited on athletic ability.
Hoping the Hogs basketball fortunes change for the better this season.

hawgsmellgud

"I've never been a numbers guy," Mallett said. "If you play the game for yourself, don't play. I don't want you on the team. There's one goal we've got here. If you're not trying to reach that goal, don't come to Arkansas."

StreetThief99

Very exciting game. Congratulations to the Arkansas boys.  :razorback:
Quote from: Shocktheman on September 25, 2010, 07:33:57 am
Guys Im outnumbered here at FOB Sharana. . .Taliban outside the wire and Bama fans inside!  Send Hogs fans with beer immediately!

Clint Alan

great ending

congrats to Shiloh
"It isn't hard to be good from time to time in sports. What's tough is being good every day." - Willie Mays

DT

Zann Jones had an incredible final 20 seconds of that game. Congrats Shiloh.

COCHISE

Shiloh needs to begin practice Monday morning working on snapping the football.  Frazier took virtually every snap off his toes or the ground.

Kenny Hawgins

Twirling round with this familiar parable
Spinning, weaving round each new experience

Arthur Pigby Sellers

That was a great game and win by Shiloh.  Frazier was very impressive and has good arm strength.  It's easy to see why Arkansas has offered this young man.

Ash

I tell you, all these folks that have talked trash about how Harvill would suck playing against larger opponents just got their trap shut. He was double teamed almost every play and still had a good game against one of the top HS programs in the country.

DeltaBoy

Lost the game due to thunderstorms but by Texas Born and Bred Wife made me mute those horrible sportscasters that were calling the Game on FSSW last night.

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

The Galloping Ghost

Quote from: cointoss on September 04, 2009, 09:12:23 am
How many tackles did Harvill have for the night?
9 solos and 2 sacks according to reports any way. That's not official
"The only football players in my time were fellows who really loved to play football. They were not in it for the money. There wasn't much money there. They would have played football for nothing."

The_Bionic_Pig

496 yds to 438 yds Evangel won the Offensive stats total. 

Anyone see London Crawford and Ramon Broadway checking out their H.S. team?   ;)
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: cointoss on September 04, 2009, 10:25:51 am
Where were the pass attempts vs complete for Frazier?

23 of 49 = 256 yards
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

The_Iceman

So from those who watched:

Are Harvill and Frazier UofA calibar?

akp4105

Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on September 04, 2009, 10:19:23 am
496 yds to 438 yds Evangel won the Offensive stats total. 

Anyone see London Crawford and Ramon Broadway checking out their H.S. team?   ;)

London didn't play at Evangel.

Bridgewater #2 for Evangel was the best player on the field.. very fast, good hands, hopefully we look at this kid.. He's pretty good size too.

Tammany Tom

Quote from: rubmyHOG on September 03, 2009, 08:36:17 pm
Rasco is a good looking prospect for Evangel.....very good looking prospect

Jermauria Rasco (6' 4", 245 lb DE) is one of 8 Juniors in Louisiana that LSU has currently offered. It is going to be a two team race for Rasco: LSU and Texas.

spurrr

I wasn't impressed with Harville. He doesn't have much lateral speed. Straight forward he does fine but when he adjust not much.
He wasn't doubled all night and a smaller player did a good job to keep him out of the play.

Frazier was OK at best. He didn't run very hard and his passing numbers would not have been good except for some exceptional runs after the catch. While he did make a couple of really nice throws whenever he got pressured he would panic and get rid of it   

He still has a year to get better and he will pad his stats for the rest of this year.

Kenny Hawgins

Quote from: spurrr on September 04, 2009, 04:05:17 pm
I wasn't impressed with Harville. He doesn't have much lateral speed. Straight forward he does fine but when he adjust not much.
He wasn't doubled all night and a smaller player did a good job to keep him out of the play.

Frazier was OK at best. He didn't run very hard and his passing numbers would not have been good except for some exceptional runs after the catch. While he did make a couple of really nice throws whenever he got pressured he would panic and get rid of it  

He still has a year to get better and he will pad his stats for the rest of this year.
what game did you watch?

harvill was in the backfield on every play.  the qb was on the run constantly.  harvill won't be running down anyone but he definately didn't give them time to sit back and pick the d apart.

i must admit i was a little disappointed with frazier.  he had some good plays and some not so good.  hopefully he becomes more consistent but obviously has a ton of potential.  he'll be a great player in another year though.

The Galloping Ghost

I got Frazier's official numbers from last night...

20-38 259 yds.

19 carries 96 yds.

I don't think that's an accurate assessment spurr. Although not perfect, he put up some solid numbers and gave his team a shot to win against better competition than could be found anywhere inside this state. Like I said, not perfect but a very solid performance.

Harvill had 9 tackles recorded and 2 sacks. Was a difference maker in the middle. Evangel could not run there.
"The only football players in my time were fellows who really loved to play football. They were not in it for the money. There wasn't much money there. They would have played football for nothing."

NWAREDBUG

It  doesnt matter what any of our in state D-1 players do... there is always some dick on here who has to down play there performance. Frazier played well against better talent... no other program wants any of Evangel.

spurrr

Although evangel didn't try to hit the middle much they had some success doing it.

Frazier's numbers weren't bad. The throw to the corner of the endzone was very nice, the final TD wasn't bad either. I just stated most of his throws were very short routes and the yardage was compiled after the catch. I would have liked  to see him go vertical more against some good competition. The question I have about Frazier is that he will probably put up some great numbers the rest of the year but they will be against inferior talent in most cases. When I look at a SEC kid I expect to see a kid dominating the game and I didn't see that last night. BTW I was sincere when I said he has a year to get better. He's a Jr and should be better next year. 

The game I watched Harville was not in the backfield every play. He made a couple of good plays and got a sack if I remember right. He did get in the backfield a few times and couldn't move laterally fast enough to make the play. 

Gohawgs 71

missed the game...what was the final?

The_Bionic_Pig

█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Ash

Quote from: spurrr on September 04, 2009, 05:52:12 pm
blather

??? Almost every single play the center and guard on the side Harvill was on double teamed Harvill. He was also in the backfield quite a bit.

By the way I know he had 2 sacks in the game and ended up with either 7 or 9 solo tackles. To me that sounds pretty good for a DT that is too short, too light, slow as molasses etcetc like most people on this board makes him sound.

SECGUY

September 05, 2009, 06:57:59 pm #38 Last Edit: September 05, 2009, 09:22:36 pm by SECGUY
I like for kids to play with emotion......But after his sack his celebration was so choreographed. I'm sure WW got a great shot of it for the video.

Anyone else notice that the two plays called back on Evangel the flag was thrown from the official on the Shiloh sideline. I'm not sayin, I'm just sayin.

It's not up to me or anyone here if he can play D1. That is up to the coaches

I like how the Galloping Ghost isn't part of the Shiloh Kingdom but can produce stats that quickly and accurate.

spurrr

Quote from: Ash on September 05, 2009, 05:18:26 pm
??? Almost every single play the center and guard on the side Harvill was on double teamed Harvill. He was also in the backfield quite a bit.

By the way I know he had 2 sacks in the game and ended up with either 7 or 9 solo tackles. To me that sounds pretty good for a DT that is too short, too light, slow as molasses etcetc like most people on this board makes him sound.

Just my 2 cents. I 'll keep waiting for the D1 offers to pour in. The kind of blocking you are describing is the typical scheme from Jr high up. Like  I said it's just my opinion, but there must be some reason that there aren't multiple D1 offers from big time schools if he is as good as billed? 

Kenny Hawgins

Quote from: spurrr on September 05, 2009, 10:57:05 pm
Just my 2 cents. I 'll keep waiting for the D1 offers to pour in. The kind of blocking you are describing is the typical scheme from Jr high up. Like  I said it's just my opinion, but there must be some reason that there aren't multiple D1 offers from big time schools if he is as good as billed? 
he does have two d1 offers.  there aren't exactly a whole lot of guys at that position that have d1 offers before they start their junior year.  remember, he's still got two years of high school left. 

Fatmanhog

i thought harvill looked like a man amongst  boys. he is very good and you can tell he so much stronger that everyone out there. i think he is legit and i wish we would offer now.
to nutt or not to nutt, thats not even a question any more.

POST 1475 OF I JUST STEVEN HILL...
Quote from: alohawg on October 26, 2009, 03:44:04 PM
I think his comes naturally, hermaphrodite??? A new nickname maybe, 'the mighty hermaphrodity'

The Hermaphronutt

Dalt21

Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on September 05, 2009, 10:05:34 am
Thanks akp....
Crawford played at Davidson High School in Mobile, AL

Quote from: Tammany Tom on September 04, 2009, 02:51:45 pm
Jermauria Rasco (6' 4", 245 lb DE) is one of 8 Juniors in Louisiana that LSU has currently offered. It is going to be a two team race for Rasco: LSU and Texas.
Texas still hasn't offered.

Tammany Tom

Quote from: Dalt21 on September 06, 2009, 06:25:34 pm

Texas still hasn't offered.

Official offers for Juniors could only be offered and mailed as of last week, so it's very, very early. However, that being said, Rasco has been getting lots of love letters from Texas for quite some time now.

Dalt21

Quote from: Tammany Tom on September 06, 2009, 10:09:00 pm
Official offers for Juniors could only be offered and mailed as of last week, so it's very, very early. However, that being said, Rasco has been getting lots of love letters from Texas for quite some time now.
I understand, i just wanted to make it known that he didnt have one from Texas yet.

passinghog

Quote from: Dalt21 on September 06, 2009, 11:04:58 pm
I understand, i just wanted to make it known that he didnt have one from Texas yet.

but you can let him know that there will be one from Arkansas shortly. hopefully. lol...

SamBuckhart

Congratulations to Shiloh Christian. Evangel is a fine school.  I watched the game on FoxSW. Very exciting end. Arkansas wins again.
BE TRUE TO YOUR SCHOOL. THE UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS!!!  WOOO PIG!!!

wholehog92

For those spouting off about the refs, they are all from Harrison.  Not exactly the center of Shiloh love in the universe.  I know every one of them personally and they are good guys.  Some people just can't stand excellence on this board.  Shiloh was excellent against a bigger more established program.  It's OK to say that.  You tongue won't fall off and your keyboard wont explode.  I thought Frazier did very well considering the competition and Harvill dominated.  They played within their system and complimented their teammates very well.
My personal list of trolls so that I can remember not to reply to them:  Pigs Been Fly, gohogsgo006, hanksampson, no3putts, HarryGoat, Oxbaker, Olmissbydamn, LocalHawg, Thatguy, Masterhog, servicesupport, Razorhawg09, Big Poppa Z,  $100 Handshake, Poloprince.

List of folks that reasonable conversation will not happen:  Iron Hog, Jman, hognot, Solomwi, hogfan1111x, pigzwillrise.

Favorite Posters:  WilsonHog, Tomhog, Muskogeehog, Razorfox, TammayTom, razorback3072, bennyl08.

Huds_HawgTide

roscoe or whatever was better than jackson...they talked about him all nite...very impressive
"you can get a good look at a t-bone by sticking your head up a bulls ass, but id rather just take the butchers word for it" tom callahan
tommy boy

"Don't leave and be FROM Arkansas, stay and BE Arkansas" --coach jimmy dykes

"Going to mcd's for a salad is like going to a brothel for a hug"

Arthur Pigby Sellers

Tammany,
Are any of the Shreveport players considering the hogs?