Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dyers First Game

Started by athunt, September 01, 2009, 11:13:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

NorthshoreBoar

Quote from: athunt on September 02, 2009, 11:46:41 am
Shut down their attack long enough? For the most part they run the triple option.  Not exactly lightning quick scores. IMO, LRC's coach is what made this game closer than it should have been.  And OG's line didnt outsize LRC's, maybe out worked and beat them, but didnt outsize them.
you are correct sir +1
A good man can live a lie for only so long before he becomes just a man. - Jason Whitlock

NorthshoreBoar

Quote from: Solomwi on September 02, 2009, 12:24:31 pm
lol at this whole thread. three pages. wow.
the only thing worse is the fact that your are an Auburn fan and are wasting your time reading 3 pages of our message board...
A good man can live a lie for only so long before he becomes just a man. - Jason Whitlock

Tusks

its really just old school and new school thought.  the old school thought is everything is about the team....work, win or lose TOGETHER....those posters are upset with his actions.

new school is ME...its about ME....there's no I in team but there's a ME.  new school posters....let him get EVERYTHING he can get for himself...let the MD show roll on....the team comes in second behind...ME.

what does people expect if an arkansas HS player runs around the stadium where the hogs are playing THIS weekend with an Auburn sign....give him a standing ovation?
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

Beaverfever

Quote from: Solomwi on September 02, 2009, 01:10:14 pm
why do you think it's wasting my time to read your message board? give yourselves a little credit. I quite enjoy myself here. most of you guys are quite hospitable.
I agree.  That was a stupid post.  This is a MD thread and you are a AU fan so it makes a lot of sense.  I read some other SEC boards all the time.  Stick around!

NorthshoreBoar

Quote from: Beaverfever on September 02, 2009, 01:11:18 pm
I agree.  That was a stupid post.  This is a MD thread and you are a AU fan so it makes a lot of sense.  I read some other SEC boards all the time.  Stick around!
I understood your post as making fun of us having 3 pages worth of postings on Dyer.  If that is incorrect than I apologize...if not then I mean what I said.

razorbackfan

Quote from: cointoss on September 02, 2009, 01:09:00 pm
Stop the drama Mike... Commit to the HOGS ;D..

No offense, but the drama is coming from all of us.  He is a kid just having fun, enjoying the process (that he has earned the right to go through) what good does it do to get worked up & talk trash about him everytime he does something we don't like.

Tusks

cause MD shouldn't be a team leader....huddles and such....he's got his peacocking to do and make sure the MD show is getting its ratings.

leave the kid alone....he's just a kid...let him get EVERYTHING he can get out of the process....especially the ATTENTION!

He's going to Auburn....be a man and say it.  He can still take his visits to enjoy the process....cause a visit to oxford ms.....that's a learing, eye opening experience.....vs....you know another part of the country.

Quote from: razorbackfan on September 02, 2009, 01:29:36 pm
No offense, but the drama is coming from all of us.  He is a kid just having fun, enjoying the process (that he has earned the right to go through) what good does it do to get worked up & talk trash about him everytime he does something we don't like.

passinghog

Quote from: nutted on September 02, 2009, 01:36:12 pm
cause MD shouldn't be a team leader....huddles and such....he's got his peacocking to do and make sure the MD show is getting its ratings.

leave the kid alone....he's just a kid...let him get EVERYTHING he can get out of the process....especially the ATTENTION!

He's going to Auburn....be a man and say it.  He can still take his visits to enjoy the process....cause a visit to oxford ms.....that's a learing, eye opening experience.....vs....you know another part of the country.

you're right. A visit to Oxford will teach him what he could learn in a 10th grade American history class. Civil war, dixie and all.

Beaverfever

The funny thing is I still think if BP were to pull out all the stops for MD he would still go to the UA, I just don't know if he's worth it anymore.   

WOODSHOG

Quote from: The Hogfather on September 02, 2009, 11:58:47 am
I'm not sure what this means, but I'm sure it has something to do with Mosley being the best TE in the nation, since you wrote it....

since you steped out on that limb, would you like to refresh my memory of me saying exactly that ? You will not find it, because I did not say it. Sorry !

Wildhog

He's going to neither Arkansas nor Auburn.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

WOODSHOG

Corkscrew Johnson

Quote from: The Hogfather on September 02, 2009, 12:16:52 pm
Who cares?  If message board chatter changes his mind regarding where he wants to go to college, we don't want him.

There sure is a lot of blanketing opinions and abandonment of a kid that hasn't even committed anywhere yet. 

razorhead94

September 02, 2009, 02:00:14 pm #113 Last Edit: September 02, 2009, 02:02:46 pm by razorhead94
Quote from: Corkscrew Johnson on September 02, 2009, 01:55:07 pm
There sure is a lot of blanketing opinions and abandonment of a kid that hasn't even committed anywhere yet. 

starting to sound like the mizzou board when wingo was being recruited
"Primetime is whenever we play" - Jack Kenley 2019 OmaHogs

PigWine

Quote from: BoaredatWork on September 02, 2009, 08:08:41 am
This is my honest assessment of the game (since the topic is about his performance in the game):
Pros: a) He's very very shifty, b) great vision, c) quick burst
Cons: a) Poor attitude (unlike Mosely, he sat by himself on the bench with his helmet off...matt jones'esque b) out of shape (he was winded in the 1st quarter and he didn't play defense till the second half so that's no excuse) c) no contact (he would run 5 yard laterally just to get out of bounds...i found this odd on a few plays)  d) lack of leadership ( see bullet 'a', but he didn't even try to rally his team and he was the last guy walking to the huddle EVERY TIME)   e) focus (the guy got called for a false start twice in the first half but he started too fast on at least 10 plays....it was crazy that they didn't call it b/c everybody in the stands noticed...plus at WR you are supposed to watch the ball, not the snap count.  his head wasn't in the game at first.
f) takes plays off (every play not involving him he wasn't interested, one the interceptions he wouldn't even run after the guy

Anyway, that's my thoughts.  I still hope he comes to the Hill, but I'd prefer a better attitude.  I must admit that I'd take Matt Jones again, attitude an all.  (side note, Matt Jones was at the game and three seats behind me)

While I want very badly for Dyer to be a Razorback... I have to say that this observation of last nights game was spot on.  First game, big lights, maybe it just got to him.

How about that Trooper Tolbert?  I thought he was incredibly fun to watch.  I swear every other tackled had his name called, then he would carry the ball the next play.  Fun stuff.

Hawgndaaz

Quote from: Corkscrew Johnson on September 02, 2009, 12:06:11 pm
I think this kind of overreaction doesn't nothing but hurt our chances.  He hasn't even committed to Auburn and people are already criticizing him.  If a girl spurns your advances at a bar, do you go bad-mouthing her to all her friends?  No, you buy her a few more shots and keep courting her, while politely pointing out that her boyfriend Gene Chizik is a laughing stock amongst his peers.

Just chill out and wait for things to run their course.  I have a feeling that after 12 games, the Razorbacks will have some serious momentum, while the Auburn faithful will be dusting off their pitchforks.  Who wants to jump aboard a sinking ship?

If a girl rejects you at a bar, after several advances, move on to the next.

Bad analogy, because there are too many women at bars to target just one. It's like shootin fish in a barrel. Don't aim at a single target, just keep shooting and you're bound to hit at least one :)

razorbackfan

Quote from: nutted on September 02, 2009, 01:36:12 pm

Peacocking?  I'm sure you thought it was cool when Dmac was flexing or whatever after a big run (as did I).  Kids grow up watching this & want to do it themselves. 

razorbackfan

Quote from: razorhead94 on September 02, 2009, 02:00:14 pm

Exactly, we usually post the links to message boards to watch other schools & their meltdowns. 

31to6

Quote from: razorhead94 on September 02, 2009, 02:00:14 pm
no darn.. pot meet kettle.

Is it too much for the *adults* here to show some class?

The Hogfather

September 02, 2009, 02:16:42 pm #119 Last Edit: September 02, 2009, 02:19:26 pm by The Hogfather
Quote from: Corkscrew Johnson on September 02, 2009, 01:55:07 pm

This way, I can't be accused of not caring simply because he chose another school over Arkansas (if he does).  I just don't care if he comes here or not.  We will be fine without him and it will be his loss, especially if he heads to Auburn.

If he comes here, great.  If not, great.

"Petrino needs to get more involved with my recruiting", etc. is ridiculous, by the way.

Wildhog

Quote from: The Hogfather on September 02, 2009, 02:16:42 pm
This way, I can't be accused of not caring simply because he chose another school over Arkansas (if he does).  I just don't care if he comes here or not.  We will be fine without him and it will be his loss, especially if he heads to Auburn.

I'd bet against him going to AU.
1909/1964/1965/1977

beansandtaters

Quote from: Wildhog on September 02, 2009, 02:18:04 pm
I'd bet against him going to AU.

well then where do you think he goes Wildhog? Tennessee, Ole Miss, Florida?

Wildhog

September 02, 2009, 02:22:57 pm #122 Last Edit: September 02, 2009, 02:32:04 pm by Wildhog
Quote from: beansandtaters on September 02, 2009, 02:21:21 pm
well then where do you think he goes Wildhog? Tennessee, Ole Miss, Florida?

As of now, if they offer Dakota, they'll both be Webels.
1909/1964/1965/1977

31to6

Quote from: Wildhog on September 02, 2009, 02:22:57 pm
As of now, if they offer Dakota, they'll both be Rebels.
You misspelled Webel.

Wildhog

1909/1964/1965/1977

UAfan

Quote from: Beaverfever on September 02, 2009, 01:42:37 pm
The funny thing is I still think if BP were to pull out all the stops for MD he would still go to the UA, I just don't know if he's worth it anymore.  
I totally agree.  I want Dyer as much as the next guy, but if BP doesn't like something he sees than I'm with him 100%.

Tusks

well if he becomes a webel then i hope hootie is around to coach him cause the intensity of that game just got a lot more hot.

Fatmanhog

Quote from: razorbackfan on September 02, 2009, 02:05:42 pm
Peacocking?  I'm sure you thought it was cool when Dmac was flexing or whatever after a big run (as did I).  Kids grow up watching this & want to do it themselves. 
at least d-mac was in the huddles, peacocking is one thing, self indulgence and selfishness is another. he is in high school not the nfl. if he thinks he is that good he can wait till he gets to the big league to make an ass out of himself. at least there he gets paid for it.
to nutt or not to nutt, thats not even a question any more.

POST 1475 OF I JUST STEVEN HILL...
Quote from: alohawg on October 26, 2009, 03:44:04 PM
I think his comes naturally, hermaphrodite??? A new nickname maybe, 'the mighty hermaphrodity'

The Hermaphronutt

NorthshoreBoar

Quote from: PigWine on September 02, 2009, 02:00:39 pm
While I want very badly for Dyer to be a Razorback... I have to say that this observation of last nights game was spot on.  First game, big lights, maybe it just got to him.

How about that Trooper Tolbert?  I thought he was incredibly fun to watch.  I swear every other tackled had his name called, then he would carry the ball the next play.  Fun stuff.
Trooper Tolbert was a stud last night.  He ran very hard and would stick his helmet in there.

NorthshoreBoar

Quote from: razorbackfan on September 02, 2009, 02:05:42 pm
Dmac was a leader, regardless of the peacocking...etc.  More worried about the lack of leadership. 

beansandtaters

Quote from: Wildhog on September 02, 2009, 02:22:57 pm
As of now, if they offer Dakota, they'll both be Webels.

Man, this package deal is starting to remind me of Deangelo Williams...of course, at least DeAngelo's reason was to be with a girl...

razorbackmkh

September 02, 2009, 03:56:13 pm #132 Last Edit: September 02, 2009, 08:46:31 pm by razorbackmkh
Any of you that know my post history can vouch for the fact that I've never uttered a bad word about Michael. Ive went out of my way to state he's a good kid and he's enjoying the process. I attended last nights game and saw some things I did not like. Michael not in the huddle. Not standing with the team on the sidelines but closer to the north end with all the press. Several, and I mean several, plays that he did not block and just watched the play unfold if he wasn't the ball carrier. He let stone get straight up leveled on one play action. Now I am not bad mouthing Dyer, I am stating fact. I am not saying we should stop recruiting him. I am simply stating what I observed. And for anyone that would bad mouth Dakotas play last night, did you even watch the kid? He held all of his blocks, opened some huge holes, caught the few balls that came his way and single handidly turned around the LRC defense at DE.

Again before anyone starts accusing me of bashing MD please read my post in MD related threads. He's a hell of a RB and I hope he's a Hog. I also hope he remembers the most important thing, football is all about the team and it supposed to be fun!
Every time I see a grown man in a backwards hat I want to b***h slap Trooper Taylor.

The Hog

Quote from: UAfan on September 02, 2009, 02:37:03 pm
I totally agree.  I want Dyer as much as the next guy, but if BP doesn't like something he sees than I'm with him 100%.
He has an offer from the Hogs so I would say Petrino would take Dyer in a heart beat.  It is not like Horton is not recruiting Dyer.  Maybe Dokota is the key.  Don't know.
Automatic RUN!

Carl Lazlo

Quote from: The Hog on September 02, 2009, 05:23:30 pm
He has an offer from the Hogs so I would say Petrino would take Dyer in a heart beat.  It is not like Horton is not recruiting Dyer.  Maybe Dokota is the key.  Don't know.

If Mosely can keep progressing on Defense, he might earn one.  Who knows...

forrest city joe

Quote from: footballmaniac on September 02, 2009, 08:38:33 pm
If Mosely can keep progressing on Defense, he might earn one.  Who knows...
He could have maby earned one this summer if he had gone to the CBP seniors camp. he chose to take a vacation with Dyer in florida instead. Dyer is not coming here because CBP wont kiss his butt and beg him. and wont give his Bud a scolarship just to get him. i say, way to go CBP!

MCHogger

From a very inside source- Dyer knows where the Razorbacks stand.  He has an offer, he knows the program.  Petrino will not pull an HDN and covet this kid.  He either comes as offered or the U of A gets the next in line.  That's it... bottom line.

Kenny Hawgins

Quote from: MCHogger on September 02, 2009, 10:39:48 pm
From a very inside source- Dyer knows where the Razorbacks stand.  He has an offer, he knows the program.  Petrino will not pull an HDN and covet this kid.  He either comes as offered or the U of A gets the next in line.  That's it... bottom line.
i wonder how much the season results will play into his decision.  i expect auburn to suck and be looking to end the gene chizik error in a couple years.
Twirling round with this familiar parable
Spinning, weaving round each new experience

NWAREDBUG

September 03, 2009, 12:30:42 am #138 Last Edit: September 03, 2009, 12:32:18 am by NWAREDBUG
Quote from: MCHogger on September 02, 2009, 10:39:48 pm

Well then what is the U of A waiting on???

From what I know Dyer isn't asking to be coveted. He has been on our campus 7 times since the start of his junior year and isnt comfortable with the way things are.... he has heard things of why he may should look around. He stated he would like to get a better feel for CBP. The  coach has called everyday for two weeks (to the coaches office) to talk to Dyer.... It doesn't appear their stance is NOT as tough as you try to make it sound. Get a better source.

passinghog

Quote from: NWAREDBUG on September 03, 2009, 12:30:42 am

From what I know Dyer isn't asking to be coveted. He has been on our campus 7 times since the start of his junior year and isnt comfortable with the way things are.... he has heard things of why he may should look around. He stated he would like to get a better feel for CBP. The  coach has called everyday for two weeks (to the coaches office) to talk to Dyer.... It doesn't appear their stance is NOT as tough as you try to make it sound. Get a better source.

Why should he look around?

forrest city joe

I have no inside imfo. but i think CBP has moved on from Dyer. and it's time to move on in my opinion.HE's NOT COMING HERE FOLKS!

donewithdale

Now that is just going to drive speculation most of which would get deleted from this forum. 

tconey1

I have watched this kid since 5th grade. I even helped coach one year. His play Tues. nite was a shadow of what he was his first three years. He is obviously a kid who believes the hype. His first carry of the nite, he stepped out of bounds to avoid a d-back. WOW. I've seen him level guys like that in the past. His actions before and during the game were of a kid that really believes he is as good as we have all said. I truly think it is time for a coach to show some tough love. He is a great kid that has let it all go to his head. Time to come down a notch.

mellonhead

If i were Petrino i would completely ignore the kid.

cardinalandwhite

Quote from: mellonhead on September 04, 2009, 12:02:45 pm
If i were Petrino i would completely ignore the kid.

That's the solution!  Never mind that there might be (actually, is) something going on that we don't know!
"Wise people think all they say; fools say all they think." - Anonymous

JoePaul03

Quote from: BoaredatWork on September 02, 2009, 08:08:41 am
This is my honest assessment of the game (since the topic is about his performance in the game):
Pros: a) He's very very shifty, b) great vision, c) quick burst
Cons: a) Poor attitude (unlike Mosely, he sat by himself on the bench with his helmet off...matt jones'esque b) out of shape (he was winded in the 1st quarter and he didn't play defense till the second half so that's no excuse) c) no contact (he would run 5 yard laterally just to get out of bounds...i found this odd on a few plays)  d) lack of leadership ( see bullet 'a', but he didn't even try to rally his team and he was the last guy walking to the huddle EVERY TIME)   e) focus (the guy got called for a false start twice in the first half but he started too fast on at least 10 plays....it was crazy that they didn't call it b/c everybody in the stands noticed...plus at WR you are supposed to watch the ball, not the snap count.  his head wasn't in the game at first.
f) takes plays off (every play not involving him he wasn't interested, one the interceptions he wouldn't even run after the guy

Anyway, that's my thoughts.  I still hope he comes to the Hill, but I'd prefer a better attitude.  I must admit that I'd take Matt Jones again, attitude an all.  (side note, Matt Jones was at the game and three seats behind me)

FWIW, and I know that's not much, I've seen Dyer play a few times in person and several times on film and I pretty much agree with this assessment to the letter. Very talented, definitely skilled, and loads of potential...But also possible attitude and selfishness issues. In the games I watched he quit on several plays, didn't go all out on plays where he didn't get the ball, and showed a general lack of hustle (getting in and out of the huddle, getting on/off the field, things like that).

I think he's got a ton of talent and I would still love for him to come to Fayetteville, but anyone who thinks there aren't any prima donna issues to be worried about are kidding themselves. Coach Petrino may not want to take a chance of messing up team chemistry, especially on a position that isn't exactly a "need" with Wingo/Davis/BG/Dennis Johnson/Curtis etc.
WCOB, 2003

Dr Swineglove

I'd love to see Dyer sign with the Hogs, but after seeing our stable last night, I'm not so sure RB is really a 'need' area right now.  Personally, I'd trade Dyer for great cback or DT, if I could.

Wingo & Davis have as much raw potential as any pair of freshman RB's we've had.  I'm not saying they'll be DMac and Felix-good, but they're going to be great and they really fit CBP's system of using big powerful, fast RB's.  Passed a certain point, there just aren't enough balls for every player we'd love to see in cardinal & white.
Prefrontal lobotomies are not to be performed without the written consent of the patient

The Realist

Damian Williams and Ben Cleveland did the gator chomp during the game....people didn't care too much when he switched
"We've got chips on our shoulder and really want to go out and show everybody what we can do.  We're not asking for anybody to give us the respect we deserve, but we plan on going out and taking it."
Childs, Gregory.

linze82

well?
smite me bishes

SamBuckhart

I think that Coach Bobby Petrino will play the best players. Period. Mr. Dyer has great potential. I hope he signs with Arkansas. If not, I believe he will miss out on being a part of some great Hog teams. If we sign any players with attitude problems, we foul the team chemistry.
BE TRUE TO YOUR SCHOOL. THE UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS!!!  WOOO PIG!!!