Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dyers First Game

Started by athunt, September 01, 2009, 11:13:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

athunt

Unofficial Stats

24 Carries 187 yards 4 TD's

LRCA def OG 28-26

After the game MD walked up to some notable Auburn fans and grabbed a sign they had and proceeded to carry it around.

It read, "Auburn is your Dyer Need".......
"It's easy to recruit these combine guys that run around real fast in their underwear.  We're gonna recruit football players"
-Reggie Johnson

Hawgon

Screw that drama queen.  I'm sick of it.  Go to Auburn already.  Just go.

Wildhog

He's really rubbing it in everyone's face.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

hawgwash

Quote from: Hawgon on September 01, 2009, 11:18:24 pm
Screw that drama queen.  I'm sick of it.  Go to Auburn already.  Just go.
Don't give up so easily.  Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

Conway4Hogs

Nice class act Dyer...I wish the media would just stop with the interviews already. If the clown parades around with a Aubie sigh then let him go rot on the plains. :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

Hogbody

the germans bombed pearl harbor?  what?

Hogbody

some disturbing comments in this thread

Brewerfan10

Didn't Damian do the gator chomp after S-Dale won the state title? You never know I guess but it sure doesn't sound good!

athunt

Hopefully CBP hears about this
"It's easy to recruit these combine guys that run around real fast in their underwear.  We're gonna recruit football players"
-Reggie Johnson

Hogbody

Quote from: Brewerfan10 on September 01, 2009, 11:25:55 pm
Didn't Damian do the gator chomp after S-Dale won the state title? You never know I guess but it sure doesn't sound good!

yeah he did

UALRGrad

Let him go wherever.  The kid is showing very little class.  I realize he is 17 or 18 but he needs to grow up a little.
If Ole Dork played the University of Hell, I'd buy a Satan jersey.

Uncle Ivan 9/6/2009

razorbackfan

Quote from: Conway4Hogs on September 01, 2009, 11:24:38 pm
Nice class act Dyer...I wish the media would just stop with the interviews already. If the clown parades around with a Aubie sigh then let him go rot on the plains. :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

Is it "classy" for a grown man/woman to call a kid in high school a clown. 

Hawgon

Quote from: Hogbody on September 01, 2009, 11:25:11 pm

If the kid is going to act like a jackass, he should expect to be called on it.

It isn't that he is considering going out of state, it is all the endless showboating.  Contrast his actions to someone like Ronnie Wingo who decided to spurn his home state school.  Wingo was all class in his recruitment.

At this point, talented as he is, I'm not sure that Dyer's attitude is even a fit for the kind of team we will have under Petrino.  Just look at the way he is acting and look how the team is this year. 

passinghog

PigPusher

It is mainly just his youth talking. 
A loyal and proud Hogville Hog since 07-01-2003 "pushing" our hogs: And a loyal Razorback fan since 1954.

athunt

Maybe all those who jumped down others throats after these past few interviews might want to go back and watch the interviews after tonights transgressions.  Maybe some crow and a spork are in order.
-Reggie Johnson

YoMama

Quote from: hawgwash on September 01, 2009, 11:20:58 pm
Don't give up so easily.  Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

And it ain't over now.  'Cause when the goin' gets tough...  the tough get goin'! Who's with me? Let's go!

Animal House: Germans Bombed Pearl Harbor

Hawgon

I guess I already know the answer, but sometimes you really have to wonder if these kids just don't have someone, anyone, a coach, ...anyone they trust who has enough sense to tell them to tone this stuff down a little?  This is the kind of crap that is just unnecessary.  If he goes to Auburn after this kind of stuff, there will be people in his hometown who will remember this and literally hate him for it for the rest of his life.  If he goes to Arkansas after flirting with Auburn this way, he'll be remembered poorly in Auburn as well.

It is just so unnecessary.  Does he have a father in his life?  My father would have threatened to make me quit football if I had pulled a stunt like that. 

The Galloping Ghost

Quote from: athunt on September 01, 2009, 11:35:26 pm
Maybe all those who jumped down others throats after these past few interviews might want to go back and watch the interviews after tonights transgressions.  Maybe some crow and a spork are in order.
I have to believe even though this might upset some hog fans, that Coach Petrino still would like a chance to recruit the kid...I just don't believe it's in our best interest to even post such actions. It will produce nothing positive and this thread will end up in the trash or deleted. I don't think, at this point CBP is looking for our input or approval on how he handles a recruit, and Arkansas has called him for 9 days in a row now. I think they feel like they're still in the running.
"The only football players in my time were fellows who really loved to play football. They were not in it for the money. There wasn't much money there. They would have played football for nothing."

PigDaddyKane

I was at the game and didn't see him carry the sign.  However, we left not too long after the trophy presentation.

MD didn't seem to have the break away gear he has had in the past.  Plus he seemed pretty winded early in the game.  Still he ran hard to get those 187 yards.  He made several key stops in the 2nd half on defense.

Mosely played better on defense than offense.  He had one catch (I think he was thrown to only once), but didn't block very well.

I wouldn't worry about the sign etc.  I think he is enjoying the recruiting process. 
The only person on Hogville without an inside source for Razorback news!

The Boar War

September 01, 2009, 11:44:08 pm #20 Last Edit: September 01, 2009, 11:45:49 pm by The Boar War
nm

PigDaddyKane

I forgot one thing.  Oak Grove had some pretty impressive RBs.  One was called Trooper Tolbert, has anyone heard of him?  Any relation to Emmanuel Tolbert?
The only person on Hogville without an inside source for Razorback news!

athunt

Quote from: The Galloping Ghost on September 01, 2009, 11:42:36 pm
I have to believe even though this might upset some hog fans, that Coach Petrino still would like a chance to recruit the kid...I just don't believe it's in our best interest to even post such actions. It will produce nothing positive and this thread will end up in the trash or deleted. I don't think, at this point CBP is looking for our input or approval on how he handles a recruit, and Arkansas has called him for 9 days in a row now. I think they feel like they're still in the running.

Maybe your right, but this is still a site for razorback fans.  Tonights actions, IMO, was a slap in the face for many razorbacks fans.
-Reggie Johnson

razorbackfan

Dyer tells HI after the game that he wants to visit UT, Ole Miss, Arkansas, Auburn & possibly Florida & then make a decision. 

kingoftherapids

IronHog

You're just mad Shiloh didn't make his top three.
Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

The Galloping Ghost

Quote from: athunt on September 01, 2009, 11:46:27 pm
Maybe your right, but this is still a site for razorback fans.  Tonights actions, IMO, was a slap in the face for many razorbacks fans.
It is a site for Razorback fans. That's read by Razorback recruits. All I'm saying is as adults I think we should take the high road and realize we'll get more flies with honey than we will with vinegar. If Coach wants to let him go...fine. I don't think Coach has come to that point yet. He's just pushing a little cause he feels he's been slighted by some Arkansas fans. I'm not arguing his side. Just sharing some insight with you. You can do with it what you want. You can argue against it but he's a strong willed 18 year old kid from Little Rock...
"The only football players in my time were fellows who really loved to play football. They were not in it for the money. There wasn't much money there. They would have played football for nothing."

TomasPistola

I think he's playing the recruiting game. Face it. It's the only time these kids really have any power. I still don't think he ends up here.
Quote from: Hog Momster on January 06, 2011, 09:45:30 pm
You were right.
Quote from: Breems on April 28, 2011, 05:58:14 pm
You did a great job.
Quote from: Verge on June 22, 2011, 08:44:20 am
If you have some form of mental retardation i will stop making fun of you, just want to clarify this first.

The Galloping Ghost

Quote from: IronHog on September 01, 2009, 11:53:05 pm

You're just mad Shiloh didn't make his top three.
Man...you are witty...you got me on that one spalding...how's the hair coloring coming?

Killean

Quote from: The Galloping Ghost on September 01, 2009, 11:53:24 pm
It is a site for Razorback fans. That's read by Razorback recruits. All I'm saying is as adults I think we should take the high road and realize we'll get more flies with honey than we will with vinegar. If Coach wants to let him go...fine. I don't think Coach has come to that point yet. He's just pushing a little cause he feels he's been slighted by some Arkansas fans. I'm not arguing his side. Just sharing some insight with you. You can do with it what you want. You can argue against it but he's a strong willed 18 year old kid from Little Rock...

It's not the responsibility of the University or the fan to suck up to somebody to try and get them to come here.  Hell, it's at the one position that we won't really even miss him if he doesn't come to Arkansas, I mean Ronnie Wingo and Knile Davis look to be as good or almost as good without the baggage and with more of the team game.
Everyone is born with the right to exist. When you become a Nazi you give up that right.

IronHog

Quote from: The Galloping Ghost on September 01, 2009, 11:55:08 pm
Man...you are witty...you got me on that one spalding...how's the hair coloring coming?

I got a grey hair in my beard last week, and my knee hurts.

Getting old stinks.
Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

passinghog

Quote from: razorbackfan on September 01, 2009, 11:49:51 pm
Dyer tells HI after the game that he wants to visit UT, Ole Miss, Arkansas, Auburn & possibly Florida & then make a decision. 

I wouldn't even consider visiting Ole Miss or Auburn if a I was 17 yr old All American. He's already been to Auburn too many times to count, not to mention it sucks as a town. I'd throw in Florida State with Bama and/or USC/UCLA if I really wanted to enjoy the recruiting process. What new can be seen @ Auburn or Ole Miss?

athunt

Quote from: The Galloping Ghost on September 01, 2009, 11:53:24 pm
All I'm saying is as adults I think we should take the high road and realize we'll get more flies with honey than we will with vinegar.

U got the fly part right, he loves the BUZZZZ.

Sometimes I wonder if he knows that Gus isnt the head coach of Auburn.  Very rarely do I hear him mention Coach Chizik, yet hes quick to call out "Petrino"(Dyer)
-Reggie Johnson

The Boar War

Quote from: Showtimehog on September 01, 2009, 11:57:50 pm
I wouldn't even consider visiting Ole Miss or Auburn if a I was 17 yr old All American. He's already been to Auburn too many times to count, not to mention it sucks as a town. I'd throw in Florida State with Bama and/or USC/UCLA if I really wanted to enjoy the recruiting process. What new can be seen @ Auburn or Ole Miss?

I heard they put a new Sonic on HWY 278.

Killean

Quote from: Showtimehog on September 01, 2009, 11:57:50 pm

Well, at those schools the entire team would revolve around him with distractions for things like winning etc.
Everyone is born with the right to exist. When you become a Nazi you give up that right.

Hog on the Hill

Some of you guys are being really petty.  He's a high school kid and you're taking every little thing he does way too personally.

Big Papa Satan

Quote from: IronHog on September 01, 2009, 11:53:05 pmYou're just mad Shiloh didn't make his top three.

He goes around with a permanent bucket of sand in his vagoo.

passinghog

Quote from: Killean on September 02, 2009, 12:02:01 am
Well, at those schools the entire team would revolve around him with distractions for things like winning etc.

I understand that, but you can still go to AU, OM, or Ut w/o wasting all his official visits on them.
I mean if you only have ONE weekend, would you seriously go to that hicktown Auburn? Take a trip back in time to dixie and go to OM?

one weekend, free trip?= I'm going somewhere to REALLY enjoy myself
Not to mention, UCLA isn't exactly stacked w/depth and you still get the attention

SRFL

Quote from: Brewerfan10 on September 01, 2009, 11:25:55 pm

You mean, when he WAS A GATOR COMMIT? 

Think about that...

31to6

Quote from: Hog on the Hill on September 02, 2009, 12:04:16 am
Some of you guys are being really petty.  He's a high school kid and you're taking every little thing he does way too personally.
I don't like any Arkansas player running around with an Auburn flag. But hell, if I had just won a close game and someone made a flag with my name on it, I might get caught up in the attention and run around with it too. As quick as some in this thread are to blame Dyer remember he is a young kid with literally the entire BCS as offers who has bigtime coaches flying in, calling, texting all to kiss his ass on a regular basis. Not everyone handles that kind of attention maturely. (Look at pretty much the entire NBA, for example.)

rzbk

Kenny Hawgins

Quote from: Killean on September 01, 2009, 11:56:08 pm
It's not the responsibility of the University or the fan to suck up to somebody to try and get them to come here.  Hell, it's at the one position that we won't really even miss him if he doesn't come to Arkansas, I mean Ronnie Wingo and Knile Davis look to be as good or almost as good without the baggage and with more of the team game.
well actually it is.  what the heck do you think recruiting is?? it's organized @ss kissing.  it's sucking up with guidelines.  that's all it is.  you can say it isn't the fans fault if he goes somewhere else but think about this.......remember how big of a hit those signs were at the basketball games with recruits last year??  if fans showing positive attention to recruits helps our chances, it would stand to reason that fans getting on here saying "i don't care if we get him" isn't going to help our chances much. 

btw, you're full of it when you say we won't really miss him.  you and everyone else on here (excluding huggers) would be thrilled if he committed to us so don't try to say you don't care.

let the meltdown continue if you feel the need.
Twirling round with this familiar parable
Spinning, weaving round each new experience

hogman1974

Quote from: Hogbody on September 01, 2009, 11:25:11 pm

Sigh.  There's always one.

WOODSHOG

Quote from: athunt on September 01, 2009, 11:26:13 pm
Hopefully CBP hears about this

I recall a recent thread where you were needling Dyer for not being able to beat Oak Grove. They have now accomplished that, and u need to move on and leave the kid alone.

The Hog

If we have been calling for 9 days we just violated a NCAA rule because coaches could not contact a prospect until 12:01 September 1st.  You were ok up until that incorrect statement.
Automatic RUN!

2FNFST4U

The comments in this thread are unbelievable. So Dyer is classless for holding up an Auburn sign. If that is his school of choice and not Arkansas he is classless. If after the game he led a Hog call he would be such a great kid and a true Hog.

Amazing how perceptions from different sides of the fence can be.

Carl Lazlo

Quote from: WOODSHOG on September 02, 2009, 05:41:49 am
I recall a recent thread where you were needling Dyer for not being able to beat Oak Grove. They have now accomplished that, and u need to move on and leave the kid alone.

An oak grove team with 24 players on their entire roster. :-\

The real Hogules

Quote from: Showtimehog on September 02, 2009, 12:20:51 am
I understand that, but you can still go to AU, OM, or Ut w/o wasting all his official visits on them.
I mean if you only have ONE weekend, would you seriously go to that hicktown Auburn? Take a trip back in time to dixie and go to OM?

one weekend, free trip?= I'm going somewhere to REALLY enjoy myself
Not to mention, UCLA isn't exactly stacked w/depth and you still get the attention

I can promise you that if I were Michael Dyer Hawaii would shoot into my top three, with me needing to take a recruiting trip there to check things out, to help me make a more informed decision. ;)
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

RazorBassin

I think I would go, USC, UCLA, Miami, FSU, PSU(Of course would pick UofA).  Would definitely enjoy the process.

LRCentralTiger

Quote from: footballmaniac on September 02, 2009, 07:22:26 am
An oak grove team with 24 players on their entire roster. :-\
You can only play 11 at a time.