Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Here's how it plays out...

Started by HogBall94, October 16, 2005, 10:37:03 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HogBall94

I'll take one shot at this - the rest of the season and it's immediate aftermath has two possible endings.

1.  The Hogs finish the season roughly as expected: 1-2 wins and less than enthusiatic support from the fan base / media / message boards think tank.  JFB and the powers that be tell HDN to revamp his staff in a big way - at least 1 offensive and 1  defensive assistant and an OC that has full play-calling power.  HDN accepts the changes and the impact is immediate.  Playmakers are used well, more run/pass balance results in more wins, and HDN shows that his strengths as a motivator of 18-22 year old men and recruiter actually serve us well as a head coach.  Oh, and Auburn refuses any future Hog attemps at pay/per/view ;D

2.  The Hogs finish the season roughly as expected: 1-2 wins and less than enthusiatic support from the fan base/ media/ message boards think tank.  JFB and the powers that be tell HDN to revamp his staff in a big way.  HDN balks at giving up OC powers and letting a couple buddies go - and a replacement is soon found.  Oh, and Auburn refuses any future Hog attempts to broadcast anything ever again.

Two points(to rehash an earlier post) - First, there is no way that JFB and Co. will be satisfied with the current direction w/o MAJOR changes in place for next season (witness his meeting with Heath this year).  I know that some posters keep crying gloom and doom "it's all about the money, as long as the stadium's full they don't care if we suck, etc", but I don't buy it. No one wants there name associated with a perennially poor program, especially not big-timers like Lindsey, Tyson, etc..

Secondly, this program has enough positives - rabid fan support, facilities, and money - that it can attract successful coaches.  Our current head coach elected to keep a staff primarily made up of people he has worked with in his previous gigs, and it has showed.  However, the additions of Witke, Ferguson, Burns, John Thompson, and Herring are proof that respected coaches can be hired here.

I don't claim enough personal knowledge of the parties involved to pretend I know which way it will play out, but I do pay close enough attention that I believe it will run very close to one of these scenarios (and either will result in improvement).

Here's to the future!