Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How about that 3rd and long play????

Started by _Collin1, October 16, 2005, 06:55:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

_Collin1

How about that last 3rd and long play when we were almost in red zone territory?  The last drive of the game, we are third and long....

RoJo throws a pass in the flats and passes up two deep receivers.  The 20 or so thousand that were left BOOED hard for that... RJ is horrible.  He has to transfer after this season.
Arkansas Alumni: Undergrad 2000, Graduate 2002
Voter: Heisman | Ray Guy | Biletnikoff
Action Network: https://www.actionnetwork.com/article/author/collin-wilson
The Athletic: https://theathletic.com/author/collin-wilson/

WILL CLINTON

What about the first drive inside the red zone, following the first interception. 

1st down, handoff to HILLIS
2nd down, ROJO misses Monk in the endzone
3rd down, pass in the flats to HILLIS

What happened to McFadden, or Jones?  I believe McFadden found the EZ from the RZ 2 other times last night. 
There is no sacred ground for the conquered.

tophawg19

i wonder if it's the qb or the people coaching him ?
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

Hollywood_HOGan

Quote from: BigC51 on October 16, 2005, 06:55:37 pm
How about that last 3rd and long play when we were almost in red zone territory?  The last drive of the game, we are third and long....

RoJo throws a pass in the flats and passes up two deep receivers.  The 20 or so thousand that were left BOOED hard for that... RJ is horrible.  He has to transfer after this season.

RJ didnt have a good game but I dont believe in booing the kids. I'll boo the refs and bad play calls but the kids are not getting paid and its not his fault that he was put in the position he was in. Its not his fault that the coaches suck.

With that said, i wouldnt blame the staff for playing another QB. The season is over and it might be time to try something new.

jblack19

Didnt that same play go for nice yardage earlier in the game? Or did I hear Paul wrong?

Macgyver_Hawg

The throwing game.  Name another QB besides Stoerner that has done well with the throwing game at Arkansas?

jblack19

Quote from: CabotHog on October 16, 2005, 07:16:43 pm
Quote from: jblack19 on October 16, 2005, 07:11:40 pm
Didnt that same play go for nice yardage earlier in the game? Or did I hear Paul wrong?

Once out of twenty attempts isn't a reason to keep trying it.
You sure it was 1 for 20? I dont think we ran it that many times. But one would assume that the D would think we were going to throw way downfield. So by dumping it off to McFadden or Jones they could use their running skills to get positive yardage. I dont think that play was the cause for the loss anyway.

jblack19

Quote from: CabotHog on October 16, 2005, 07:35:40 pm
Quote from: jblack19 on October 16, 2005, 07:20:10 pm
Quote from: CabotHog on October 16, 2005, 07:16:43 pm

Once out of twenty attempts isn't a reason to keep trying it.
You sure it was 1 for 20? I dont think we ran it that many times. But one would assume that the D would think we were going to throw way downfield. So by dumping it off to McFadden or Jones they could use their running skills to get positive yardage. I dont think that play was the cause for the loss anyway.

Keep drinking the Kool-Aid.
Sure go on and ignore the facts and bash. I think you've had too much already.

jblack19

Wow.. another one that needs to learn to read. If I was in a postion to attend I would. It su*ks I have to resort listening to it online. Am I supposed to be impressed that you go to the games? If you would read other threads on here, I have said the play calling su*cks. So to assume that I like everything that is going on,  isnt very bright of you.

PIGINAPOKE

J BLACK.. you my son, are a moron.. You are  either a 17 yr old punk, Or a 50 yr old blind /deaf / mute..Or you could be from Madison county ,,LAND OF THE MORONS..You are no way a expert at football, let alone bushoggin fer pappy ! You don't know sh*** But .. you talk trash.
  Bring on your Dale Earnhardt in memory crap, your rebel plate on your rig.. [ they lost ] ,,and bow up on folks who know shi$ YOUR A MORON..
The best thing to happen to RRS is the moron will never bunny hop thru the tunnel again !

Why do rednecks call antlers horns? Are the deer woods really different than the Turkey woods? How much is a " Mess" of Crappie?

kremlinhog

i dont think anybody was booing the kids, it was the play call which really did not make a difference other than the fact that this is just a poster child play for the ineptness we have seen by the oc for years.

jblack19

Quote from: PIGINAPOKE on October 16, 2005, 08:18:40 pm
J BLACK.. you my son, are a moron.. You are  either a 17 yr old punk, Or a 50 yr old blind /deaf / mute..Or you could be from Madison county ,,LAND OF THE MORONS..You are no way a expert at football, let alone bushoggin fer pappy ! You don't know sh*** But .. you talk trash.
  Bring on your Dale Earnhardt in memory crap, your rebel plate on your rig.. [ they lost ] ,,and bow up on folks who know shi$ YOUR A MORON..

HAHAHAHAA.. thanks for the laugh. Nice, what class you have. You're wrong on all accounts. As many others are in here are. Oh, and I never said I was an expert. I would venture to say there arent to many experts in here. I have a feeling that if this post was meant for someone other than me it would have been deleted already. Oh well, I got a laugh out of it.

jblack19

Quote from: CabotHog on October 16, 2005, 08:33:18 pm
Quote from: jblack19 on October 16, 2005, 07:55:56 pm
Wow.. another one that needs to learn to read. If I was in a postion to attend I would. It su*ks I have to resort listening to it online. Am I supposed to be impressed that you go to the games? If you would read other threads on here, I have said the play calling su*cks. So to assume that I like everything that is going on, isnt very bright of you.

Actually, I was referring to the quote below.

You clearly were trying to stir the pot. I don't care if you go to games or not. Not everyone can attend. If I was trying to impress you, it certainly wouldn't be by comparing the amount of games each of us are able to attend.
No. I asked a simple question. How is asking a simple question stiring a pot? Does this not make any sense? ".. one would assume that the D would think we were going to throw way downfield. So by dumping it off to McFadden or Jones they could use their running skills to get positive yardage." It makes sense to me.

when_pigs_fly

ud think with as many 3rd and longs as we have we would have a play for it by now

HogInMemphis

Quote from: BigC51 on October 16, 2005, 06:55:37 pm

He's another Peanut Adams and Robert Reed. Maybe we could use him in the secondary instead of QB. If he can tackle, he could start at def. end for us.

dirty stanchez

I really don't like it when fans boo the players.

That just chaps my ass!

Gimme some baby powder!

Jackal

Granted. Nutt is calling some bad plays.  But.  If Johnson could throw it half way decent then Nutt's play calling would not be nearly in question.  All that aside.  Herring needs to figure out how to make our defense play in all 4 quarters.  I think he needs to wear one of those pink shirts.