Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Its getting harder to support Nutt

Started by geoffhog, October 16, 2005, 03:58:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

geoffhog

October 16, 2005, 03:58:39 pm Last Edit: October 16, 2005, 04:46:37 pm by geoffhog
I've felt all along and still believe that the lack of talent in the upperclasses was at least partially caused by the investigation and that since Houston was guaranteed 2 years to recover that he should be given those 2 years. No one will ever know how many recruits were affected by negative recruiting against us and that its only fair to allow Houston to show what he can do when competing on an even field. I don't care what some guy sitting behind a desk 1000 miles away ranked our recruiting the last few years. Anyone can see that the freshman and sophomore classes are more talented than the junior and senior classes. To me, that shows that our recruiting has improved and that the "investigation" argument may be valid. Many on here disagree and I understand why, but that's just the way I see it. However, the inexplicable play-calling we've seen this year cannot be excused. Adjustments are not being made, which can only be blamed on coaching. Our talented underclassmen are not being utilized properly. I still believe that Nutt, with his optimism and ability to motivate, can be an effective HC, but the in-game details need to be turned over to someone less emotional and more creative. My position then, at this point, is that Houston must hire an OC or be fired. That's not an easy thing for me to say. I like the guy and have been a fan of his for 7 years, but his play-calling and lack of adjustments during the game have cost us any chance of winning against decent competition. Unfortunately, I don't believe Houston will give up the play-calling and that will only leave one option....I hope I'm wrong. :(
"I was born to be a Razorback." -Darren Mcfadden

Anti-OtisII

A lot of the seniors and juniors on this team looked promising as freshmen and sophomores.  Just like a lot of our players, very few seem to get any better under this coaching staff.  We can agree to disagree about the effect of the NCAA investigation, but I think our problems are deeper than that.  I also believe that HDN has made his bed (by keeping ineffectual assistants) and now he has to lie in it.  Just hiring an OC is not going to be the answer for this program.  It can't hurt, but I don't think that that would be nearly enough.  I appreciate your opinion, but let's see how things go the rest of the season and then we can make a final decision.  If this team only wins 2 more games, then it is time to bring in a new HC and just live with the growing pains that we are going to go through.  I hate to think of wasting what little talent we have in the underclassmen by letting this coaching staff to return.  I think a new HC could do with these guys what HDN did with Ford's players, but that HDN will never be able to do it because too many of the players no longer respect his coaching abilities.  That may be harsh, but it is how I see it right now.