Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Auburn, "trashy"

Started by mikeirwin, October 16, 2005, 03:13:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

mikeirwin

Last night as I left the game I noticed that the cleanup crew in the visitors tunnel was upset. Seems Auburn left their locker room a holy mess. I asked one of the workers, "Isn't this normal ?"
"No way," he said, "Most teams clean up after themselves."
Looking at all the trash it occurred to me that Arkansas' stay in the SEC has pretty much gone that way.
WELCOME TO OUR NEIGHBORHOOD. WE LIKE YOUR FOOD AND DRINK. YOU THROW A GREAT PARTY. WE'LL MAKE OURSELVES RIGHT AT HOME. MAN, THIS PLACE IS A MESS. OKAY, WE'VE HAD A GREAT TIME.  BYE.

Hog Bounty Hunter

Quote from: mikeirwin on October 16, 2005, 03:13:26 pm
Last night as I left the game I noticed that the cleanup crew in the visitors tunnel was upset. Seems Auburn left their locker room a holy mess. I asked one of the workers, "Isn't this normal ?"
"No way," he said, "Most teams clean up after themselves."
Looking at all the trash it occurred to me that Arkansas' stay in the SEC has pretty much gone that way.
WELCOME TO OUR NEIGHBORHOOD. WE LIKE YOUR FOOD AND DRINK. YOU THROW A GREAT PARTY. WE'LL MAKE OURSELVES RIGHT AT HOME. MAN, THIS PLACE IS A MESS. OKAY, WE'VE HAD A GREAT TIME.  BYE.

After the TV pay for view thing and Frank snubbing Tommy for tickets I wouldn't be surprised if Tommy told them to leave it that way.

Macgyver_Hawg

Is the opposing locker room nice?  If so it's past time to change that.

hogfan98

when i was a manager of the basketball team, it was part of our job to make sure that we left the visitors locker room spotless.  the players usually didn't make too big of a mess, but we always picked up all the trash (cups, tape from their ankles, etc.)  we would even dump out the coolers of water and have them so that they were easy to pick up.  with the exception of the pile of towels in the floor, we left the place spotless.  it was always part of trying to be a model program, regardless of the game's outcome, and to always have class.  i'm surprised the coaches let them leave it like that, because ours wouldn't.

mikeirwin

Quote from: MacGyver Hawg on October 16, 2005, 03:20:58 pm
Is the opposing locker room nice? If so it's past time to change that.
I agree. I'd give 'em a couple of commodes, two showers, some benches to sit on. They could pile their gear on the floor.
If they don't like it, too bad.