Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Where are all the studs that were supposed to follow mustain to the Uof A

Started by hoggystyle78, October 16, 2005, 01:52:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hoggystyle78

Just wondering if any of you guys have heard anything about all the studs that we're supposed to get once we got Mustain's commit. I was just wondering if he would really make a difference or if we'll follow our usual pattern of competing with teams like Tulane, SMU, Slippery Rock U for our SEC caliber players. Bad coaching and some suspect players makes for a bad combination IMO.

TulsaHogFan

hoggystyle78

mikeirwin

One of the top juco receivers has mentioned Mitch as a reason why he's looking at Arkansas.
I think you can safely assume that if Arkansas has any shot at all of changing Damian Williams' mind Mitch would be a factor.
What exactly were you expecting, a rush of commitments from receivers and pass blocking linemen ?
Recruiting is months from completion.
Mitch's effect on recruiting won't be known until then.

SultanofSwine

I am more interested in his impact on who the new coaches will be.

hoggystyle78

Thanks for the reply Mike, I was expecting to hear of at least a few more commitments by now, but you're right signing day is still a good ways away. Hopefully Mitch will talk Williams into the Uof A By all accounts he seems like the real deal.

dzeppfan77

Mitch and Damien won't play due to Nutt being afraid Mitch might throw an interception and Damien will trip and fall coming out of the huddle and cause a false start. So he'll play Robert and WR David Thompson #81 because they have experience and will be safe with the ball.

PerryHog

Mike is being patient.
We won't get another out of state commitment this year, unless it's some overrated two star whose home state school didn't want him.
Jucos don't count. Nuttsy can't get them ready to play before their eligiblilty runs out.

SultanofSwine

In his defense, sometimes it is hard to dumb them down that much.

HogBall94

I'm not sure why it tis so important to get Damian Williams if the offensive "system" stays the same.  "3rd and 20, play action here Paul - and they doubled Marcus AND Damian - boy, that really messes you up"

Hawgzilla

Quote from: dzeppfan77 on October 16, 2005, 02:23:44 pm
Mitch and Damien won't play due to Nutt being afraid Mitch might throw an interception and Damien will trip and fall coming out of the huddle and cause a false start. So he'll play Robert and WR David Thompson #81 because they have experience and will be safe with the ball.

Damn i was hoping to see Mitch and Damien bounce around out there............ :-\