Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I cannot believe that they charge for listening to this team

Started by Hog Bounty Hunter, October 16, 2005, 12:08:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hog Bounty Hunter

We have service men in Iraq who would like to hear the game, and these bozo's are charging a fee to listen to the broadcast over the net. They should be ashamed of themselves.

Lanny

Not a good year to start charging for streaming over the internet.
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

corndo

They should be paying us to have to listen to games like last night!

corndo

Quote from: hSv on October 16, 2005, 12:12:23 pm
Not a good year to start charging for streaming over the internet.

bad timing. They should have started with a proven winner like track.

kremlinhog

say it aint so bounty hunter, couldnt the athletic dept foot the bill for these boys, now this news really disgusts and outrages me.
no limit to the amount of bs coming out of fayetteville. this is pathetic.

JJHog

Quote from: Hog Bounty Hunter on October 16, 2005, 12:08:41 pm
We have service men in Iraq who would like to hear the game, and these bozo's are charging a fee to listen to the broadcast over the net. They should be ashamed of themselves.

they don't charge servicemen, see the link at hogwired

and I also bet the servicemen enjoy listening to the Hogs, win or lose.
" Think Right, Do Right"

jblack19

Free Audio for Overseas Troops
The Arkansas Athletic Department and XOS Technologies would like to thank the thousands of United States service men and women around the globe by providing FREE live streaming audio of Arkansas Athletics events on Hogwired.com. To take advantage of this offer to our troops, please complete the form below. If possible, please use (.mil) e-mail addresses to expedite this process. ATTENTION: To access the audio broadcast from the RazorZone, use your e-mail address and password you submit below. (Please allow three business days for your request to be processed).

From Hogwired.com...  HogBountyHunter is Wrong!

JJHog

Wrong again.
" Think Right, Do Right"

Hog Bounty Hunter

Quote from: jblack19 on October 16, 2005, 03:40:52 pm
The Arkansas Athletic Department and XOS Technologies would like to thank the thousands of United States service men and women around the globe by providing FREE live streaming audio of Arkansas Athletics events on Hogwired.com. To take advantage of this offer to our troops, please complete the form below. If possible, please use (.mil) e-mail addresses to expedite this process. ATTENTION: To access the audio broadcast from the RazorZone, use your e-mail address and password you submit below. (Please allow three business days for your request to be processed).

From Hogwired.com... HogBountyHunter is Wrong!

That must of been real recent because I talked to a couple of troops who could not, or did not know how to get it. 

Hog Bounty Hunter

Quote from: JJHog on October 16, 2005, 03:42:41 pm

Wrong again.

Nope sorry, not wrong.  As usual you don't have a clue.

HogInMemphis

The servicemen can listen for free, dork.Check the site and you'll see where they have a special registration for military that is at no cost. They can listen to each game.

jblack19

Quote from: Hog Bounty Hunter on October 16, 2005, 03:50:15 pm
Quote from: jblack19 on October 16, 2005, 03:40:52 pm

From Hogwired.com... HogBountyHunter is Wrong!

That must of been real recent because I talked to a couple of troops who could not, or did not know how to get it. 
The first game of the season was free to everyone. I believe it was the day after the game they revealed Razorzone. Thats when they started charging. The link was there on that Sunday following the first game. Its only free to overseas troops, stateside ones have to pay. 

Buff

jblack19

Quote from: President (almost Dictator) Buffinator Flex on October 16, 2005, 03:57:34 pm
who was dumb enough to pay to listen to them anyway?
Guess I am. If they send me back overseas, I would still pay to listen if I had to.

Bomis Hawg

I would've paid if I had the money at the time to put into hoops and football.

I want to listen, and carry that support for the team.  I don't call that dumb.  Being in a different state, that is my way of supporting the players.

Hog Bounty Hunter

Quote from: HogInMemphis on October 16, 2005, 03:53:53 pm

The servicemen can listen for free, dork.Check the site and you'll see where they have a special registration for military that is at no cost. They can listen to each game.

HIM are you always in a cheerful mood? Every tailgate I go to there are always five or six people who ask me "Where is HIM? I really want to meet him."  Seems you are a popular guy.

AS for the listening to the game, I don't go to that site, so I only know what was told to me by servicemen, not the site. I guess maybe I should of looked, but hey who am I to question a soldier?

jblack19

JJHog

Quote from: Hog Bounty Hunter on October 16, 2005, 04:16:26 pm

HIM are you always in a cheerful mood? Every tailgate I go to there are always five or six people who ask me "Where is HIM? I really want to meet him." Seems you are a popular guy.

That's the pot calling the kettle black....
" Think Right, Do Right"

Hog Bounty Hunter

Quote from: JJHog on October 16, 2005, 04:32:10 pm
Quote from: Hog Bounty Hunter on October 16, 2005, 04:16:26 pm

HIM are you always in a cheerful mood? Every tailgate I go to there are always five or six people who ask me "Where is HIM? I really want to meet him." Seems you are a popular guy.

That's the pot calling the kettle black....

Hey I forgot to ask you two little boys how you liked the game yesterday?  How is your hero doing today?  Speaking of Nutt do you look for him to be fired before or after Christmas?  How is your koolaid, is it cold enough or could you use more ice?

kremlinhog

there was a call in show i was listening to and it is true that a serviceman was questioning the charge for the game.
think this was friday, it was a big issue with him.  dont know how it turned out but dont attack someone because they thought it was not free cause thats the impression the serviceman left.