Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

the pre-game coin toss

Started by MCPeePants, October 16, 2005, 12:07:15 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

MCPeePants

Why does HDN continue to elect to kickoff (defer the option to receive until the 2nd half) every single time we win the coin toss? Does anyone else do this?

In the 9 early NFL games today, all 9 teams which won the coin toss elected to receive. Maybe they know something?

TulsaHawg

Quote from: MCPeePants on October 16, 2005, 12:07:15 pm
Why does HDN continue to elect to kickoff (defer the option to receive until the 2nd half) every single time we win the coin toss? Does anyone else do this?

In the 9 early NFL games today, all 9 teams which won the coin toss elected to receive. Maybe they know something?

A lot of coaches defer to the second half.  If I remember correctly, USC deferred when we played them. 

corndo

Quote from: MCPeePants on October 16, 2005, 12:07:15 pm

This is the least of our problems.

Oliverhogman

If I remember correctly, USC deferred when we played them. 

Probably because they did not want to score 77.  They figured 70 would be enough to beat Nutt.

HogDodging

That's why I like coach Malzahn.  If Springdale wins the toss, they take the ball.  They dare the other team's defense to stop their offense.
You can't score without the ball.  Take the ball if you win the toss.
This isn't the 1960s anymore.