Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I admit it, I was late to the game....

Started by _Collin1, October 16, 2005, 04:50:58 am

Previous topic - Next topic

_Collin1

Hello fellow Hogvillers... thought I would share my gameday experience tonight.

At 530pm it became painfully obvious that I had a tough decision to make.  My love for Notre Dame in the green jerseys or Razorback football.  We have satellite tv at our tailgate every hog weekend and I felt I just couldnt leave.  With the Irish beating the Number 1 team in the nation I felt I was watching something "special".  Oh dear god, I used Houston's term....

Anyways, I flipped on the Radio to listen to Paul while I watched ND v USC.  OH DEAR GOD WHAT DID I SEE????????

Possibly the greatest regular season college football game in the past decade IMO.  Lienart fumbling on the 1 yard line and the clock running out and the student section rushing the field.  It was great.

Lienart, Quinn....  GREAT quarterbacks. 

Weis, Carroll.... GREAT head coaches.

You know its an intense game when Joe Montana is at the brink of tears.  So the game ends, Arkansas just started the 2nd Quarter and I start making my walk to RRS.

The score was 3-3 and I didnt feel like I missed anything at all.  Actually I was quite thrilled that I got the ND USC game in and I hadnt missed much action at the Hog game.  I walked in as our defense set us up for our first touchdown.

Hogs run it in 10-3 as I sit in my seat.  Thats when it all hit me.  We are horrible.  Our fan base in fayetteville is HORRIBLE.  Our Coach is HORRIBLE.  Our Quarterback is WAY PAST HORRIBLE.  I was disgusted.  We dont have a program even close to decent, forget ever being somewhere around the top.  RoJo is so bad to watch.  I went to take a p!ss in the 3rd quarter and I started mocking the razorbacks in the bathroom....

"That throw that Robert made was special"

"That interception was special"

I was mocking the HN Show before it even aired.  Something has come over me and I feared it for a long time...  we are so bad Im starting to not care.  I stayed til the very end.  I watch Auburn's team pray and then 20 players went and cheered with their fans...

Wish we had a program like that...

Wish we had something worth watching....

Arkansas Alumni: Undergrad 2000, Graduate 2002
Voter: Heisman | Ray Guy | Biletnikoff
Action Network: https://www.actionnetwork.com/article/author/collin-wilson
The Athletic: https://theathletic.com/author/collin-wilson/

razorback44

Quote from: BigC51 on October 16, 2005, 04:50:58 am

At 530pm it became painfully obvious that I had a tough decision to make.  My love for Notre Dame in the green jerseys or Razorback football.  We have satellite tv at our tailgate every hog weekend and I felt I just couldnt leave.  With the Irish beating the Number 1 team in the nation I felt I was watching something "special".  Oh dear god, I used Houston's term....

Anyways, I flipped on the Radio to listen to Paul while I watched ND v USC.  OH DEAR GOD WHAT DID I SEE????????

Possibly the greatest regular season college football game in the past decade IMO.  Lienart fumbling on the 1 yard line and the clock running out and the student section rushing the field.  It was great.

You know its an intense game when Joe Montana is at the brink of tears.  So the game ends, Arkansas just started the 2nd Quarter and I start making my walk to RRS.

The score was 3-3 and I didnt feel like I missed anything at all.  Actually I was quite thrilled that I got the ND USC game in and I hadnt missed much action at the Hog game.  I walked in as our defense set us up for our first touchdown.

Hogs run it in 10-3 as I sit in my seat.  Thats when it all hit me.  We are horrible.  Our fan base in fayetteville is HORRIBLE.  Our Coach is HORRIBLE.  Our Quarterback is WAY PAST HORRIBLE.  I was disgusted.  We dont have a program even close to decent, forget ever being somewhere around the top.  RoJo is so bad to watch.  I went to take a p!ss in the 3rd quarter and I started mocking the razorbacks in the bathroom....

I was mocking the HN Show before it even aired.  Something has come over me and I feared it for a long time...  we are so bad Im starting to not care.  I stayed til the very end.  I watch Auburn's team pray and then 20 players went and cheered with their fans...

So...bad day for you...ND and UA lost.  At least USC won and Texas won't be number one.  I could not stand to hear about UT all week long.  And yes, after watching any game on ESPN, CBS, or ABC, you will realize our Fayetteville crowd sucks since they remodeled the stadium.  I personally think it was great before the renovations, when the only people there were die hard fans.  Now, even the student section, along with the rest of the stadium, is a social hour.  There are a lot of people that are there to be seen, not to cheer.  I had never been told to sit down until the stadium was expanded. 
"No force and no man can abolish memory"  FDR

Lanny

Quote from: razorback44 on October 16, 2005, 05:45:55 am

At 530pm it became painfully obvious that I had a tough decision to make. My love for Notre Dame in the green jerseys or Razorback football. We have satellite tv at our tailgate every hog weekend and I felt I just couldnt leave. With the Irish beating the Number 1 team in the nation I felt I was watching something "special". Oh dear god, I used Houston's term....

Anyways, I flipped on the Radio to listen to Paul while I watched ND v USC. OH DEAR GOD WHAT DID I SEE????????

Possibly the greatest regular season college football game in the past decade IMO. Lienart fumbling on the 1 yard line and the clock running out and the student section rushing the field. It was great.

Lienart, Quinn.... GREAT quarterbacks.

You know its an intense game when Joe Montana is at the brink of tears. So the game ends, Arkansas just started the 2nd Quarter and I start making my walk to RRS.

The score was 3-3 and I didnt feel like I missed anything at all. Actually I was quite thrilled that I got the ND USC game in and I hadnt missed much action at the Hog game. I walked in as our defense set us up for our first touchdown.

Hogs run it in 10-3 as I sit in my seat. Thats when it all hit me. We are horrible. Our fan base in fayetteville is HORRIBLE. Our Coach is HORRIBLE. Our Quarterback is WAY PAST HORRIBLE. I was disgusted. We dont have a program even close to decent, forget ever being somewhere around the top. RoJo is so bad to watch. I went to take a p!ss in the 3rd quarter and I started mocking the razorbacks in the bathroom....

I was mocking the HN Show before it even aired. Something has come over me and I feared it for a long time... we are so bad Im starting to not care. I stayed til the very end. I watch Auburn's team pray and then 20 players went and cheered with their fans...

So...bad day for you...ND and UA lost. At least USC won and Texas won't be number one. I could not stand to hear about UT all week long. And yes, after watching any game on ESPN, CBS, or ABC, you will realize our Fayetteville crowd sucks since they remodeled the stadium. I personally think it was great before the renovations, when the only people there were die hard fans. Now, even the student section, along with the rest of the stadium, is a social hour. There are a lot of people that are there to be seen, not to cheer. I had never been told to sit down until the stadium was expanded.

It's not the stadium.  It's the product on the field.  Bozo the clown coaching on the sidelines losses all the big sec games at home.
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

The Max Swineberg 7

Okay, no where do I read about USC's final play.  I wonder, did he ever find out during the Hog game?  Did he find out by the time he made this post?

If not, can you imagine the shock?
Arkansas has too many Stepford fans.

_Collin1

Did I find out what?  I watched the whole USC ND game and then walked up to the stadium.  Got in my seats right before we got our first touchdown.

The Max Swineberg 7

Quote from: BigC51 on October 16, 2005, 03:57:49 pm
Did I find out what? I watched the whole USC ND game and then walked up to the stadium. Got in my seats right before we got our first touchdown.

Well, you mentioned seeing the ND fans run out on the field.  You didn't mention them putting time back on the clock and USC's go ahead touchdown on the QB Sneak.

The way I read it, you never found out USC won the game.

Did I read it wrong?
Arkansas has too many Stepford fans.

_Collin1

Quote from: The Max Swineberg 7 on October 16, 2005, 06:06:34 pm
Quote from: BigC51 on October 16, 2005, 03:57:49 pm
Did I find out what? I watched the whole USC ND game and then walked up to the stadium. Got in my seats right before we got our first touchdown.

Well, you mentioned seeing the ND fans run out on the field.  You didn't mention them putting time back on the clock and USC's go ahead touchdown on the QB Sneak.

The way I read it, you never found out USC won the game.

Did I read it wrong?
Well to clarify I didnt leave until my tailgate area til the ND USC gamewas over.  But the drama leadng up to it was great.