Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I like Reggie but gah lee......

Started by Hollywood_HOGan, October 13, 2005, 10:16:39 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Hollywood_HOGan

he should not have said that crap. Not very professional at all. You expect that maybe from a player but not a high profile coach.

They might not have played a tough schedule but geez dont come out in the papers and give them motivation.

Buff

I like it.  Take it to them Reggie.  I'm sure Tommy T.'s peeing his pants right now dreading the upcoming hell that is Arkansas Razorback defense.

Remember when Nolan had his 40 Minutes of Hell defense?  How long until Herring can say he has a 60 Minutes of Hell defense.

V B Porkers

I wonder if statements like he made is why he never got to talk to press @ NC State

Ramble on Barbershop

i like it i hope he stays here for a long time. i dont give a darn if a coach has something to say, Frank it say let it out. but that is comin from me i am very out spoken.
member # 407

You are no better than anyone, you are just as good but no better, be HUMBLE and you will see the difference in relationships. He who can be carefree yet mindful at the same time, has found the secret of living in enlightened PEACE.

Sound the Horns

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan on October 13, 2005, 10:16:39 am
he should not have said that crap. Not very professional at all. You expect that maybe from a player but not a high profile coach.

They might not have played a tough schedule but geez dont come out in the papers and give them motivation.
That comment would have been great and made alot of sense if we didn't lose to Vandy at home.

e_dub

Quote from: Sound the Horns on October 13, 2005, 10:24:04 am

That comment would have been great and made alot of sense if we didn't lose to Vandy at home.

yeah that kind of negates any claim to having a pair of testicles we may have had.

pigfoot

Quote from: President (almost Dictator) Buffinator Flex on October 13, 2005, 10:20:39 am
I like it.  Take it to them Reggie.  I'm sure Tommy T.'s peeing his pants right now dreading the upcoming hell that is Arkansas Razorback defense.

Remember when Nolan had his 40 Minutes of Hell defense? How long until Herring can say he has a 60 Minutes of Hell defense.
From what I've seen, Reggie won't be able to say it for a good while.
"...the word, even the most contradictory word, preserves contact.  It is silence which isolates."  Thomas Mann

idochog

The problem now is that our team has NO ATTITUDE.  HDN is SOFT and creates a buddie-buddie nice guy approach which doesnt translate to aggresiveness on the field.
I love Jesus!

dawgsnhawgs

i haven't watched t.v. lately, so can y'all please tell me what reggie said?  thanks.

dawgsnhawgs

nevermind.  i just read it in another post.

Razorback Jedi

dawgsnhawgs

he basically said that auburn has had a cupcake schedule so far this year, and we'll find out how good both teams are this weekend.

jkstock04

I really liked the whole thing CAUSE IT WASN'T THE FAKE CAR-SALES BULL SH** WE USUALLY HEAR FROM YOU KNOW WHO.  He actually told it how he sees it...he may have been critical towards most people here on Hogville...including me!!  But, hell you know everything he said was exactly how he feels and I like that!!!  It changed my thinking on him all together.  We've got a coach who doesn't beat around the bush and act like a politican trying to get votes like HDN does and I respect that.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

jkstock04

I wonder if he caught any crap from Nutt or JFB about it??
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

TulsaHogFan

What did he say about people that was critical towards people on Hogville

jkstock04

He basically told us that we dont know jack about the x's and o's of defensive schemes; i.e. hes been doing it a long time and we haven't...and he said something about at the end of the year he'd have his film room open for us (people that are critical of him) and go over specific plays and show us whats really going on...something like that.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

arkhogdog61

IF YOU CAN"T RUN WITH THE BIG DOGS STAY ON THE PORCH!

94 Hawg

Quote from: President (almost Dictator) Buffinator Flex on October 13, 2005, 10:20:39 am

Remember when Nolan had his 40 Minutes of Hell defense? How long until Herring can say he has a 60 Minutes of Hell defense.

lol, yeah right!
Be thankful we're not getting all the government we're paying for.
~ Will Rogers

pigfoot

IMO, Herring wasn't very professional nor did he show a lot of class.  We don't need rhetoric from him or Nutt.  What we need is on-field execution and production.  I, for one, am not interested in going to the film room with him at the end of the year.  I'm only interested in what he puts on the field at game time.
"...the word, even the most contradictory word, preserves contact.  It is silence which isolates."  Thomas Mann

dawgsnhawgs

i like reggie's personality a lot.  he speaks his mind and doesn't bs everything.

DanTheHogFan

Would someone tell me what herring said?  I missed a few days on here...Thanks.

Macgyver_Hawg

Quote from: DanTheHogFan on October 13, 2005, 07:59:38 pm
Would someone tell me what herring said? I missed a few days on here...Thanks.

He said Auburn has had a "Merry Christmas" schedule and are facing their first road test this season.  He said he would like to see them play USC the third game of the season.

I'm glad he has that attitude but after Nutt asking when will we get to play Vanderbilt and then losing to them at home I'm not one for any smack talk right now.  Especially after denying Auburn a Pay Per View.  We'd better bring it  because we've made this game personal for Auburn's team and fans.

whatsshakinbacon

Reggie really wasn't saying it as much to dis Auburn as he was to pump up our defense by saying "we've faced the best"...  At least that was my take on the conversation.

Bacon out...

rricha

THESE COMMENTS FROM HERRING GAVE THEM ADDED MOTIVATION . LIKE THEY NEEDED IT

Hog Bounty Hunter

Quote from: rricha on October 16, 2005, 04:21:28 pm
THESE COMMENTS FROM HERRING GAVE THEM ADDED MOTIVATION . LIKE THEY NEEDED IT

Very dumb move by Herring, writing checks with his mouth that his team can't cash.