Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Daniel Stegall?

Started by Wooderson, July 12, 2009, 09:37:19 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Dwight_K_Shrute

The article mentioned MSU and Ohio U among others.  Besides an MSU I don't think he will go to SEC school.  He would be better served going to a C-USA or Sun Belt school.  He will still get a ton of exposure.  With the SEC flush with cash and needing step children to beat up on Sun Belt may become SEC Jr.  There level of play is getting better and they will be on TV every time they play an SEC school.  They will also most likely be fetching a bit more money from SEC schools for the rent a wins.

He would have a great chance to start early on and build up some gaudy numbers in the SBC. 
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

chiefsfan

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on August 21, 2009, 10:41:29 am
The article mentioned MSU and Ohio U among others.  Besides an MSU I don't think he will go to SEC school.  He would be better served going to a C-USA or Sun Belt school.  He will still get a ton of exposure.  With the SEC flush with cash and needing step children to beat up on Sun Belt may become SEC Jr.  There level of play is getting better and they will be on TV every time they play an SEC school.  They will also most likely be fetching a bit more money from SEC schools for the rent a wins.

He would have a great chance to start early on and build up some gaudy numbers in the SBC. 

Stegall committed to ASU out of high school, before signing with Miami(FL) when the school was in the process of purging Larry Coker. 

He could probably get in on any CUSA or Sun Belt team now if he wanted.  But by giving himself a few months he gives himself a chance at earning a spot on a Major conference squad.   And if that fails he could still turn around and go to a smaller school
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

cbjagman

Quote from: Michael Porkleone on July 13, 2009, 09:01:03 pm
It would be a good wrench!
I agree. He could be known as "Mr. Good Wrench".

mj4president

Quote from: gnick4 on July 19, 2009, 11:51:26 am
Here is the interesting part, we used to look at kids like Mosely, that had offers from a lower tier school like la tech. Or ex-baseball players that we needed to fill gaps. This just shows that our recruiting is on a different level than Auburn's. WE have a much better program.

I bet Bobby Bowden was happy he took Chris Weinke.
"Let's do this tonight! Nothing like a legendary night to remember. I'll tell all my grand pups one day about the 3 am walk off home run by Jared Gates." MJ4President just hours before it happened.

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: Michael Porkleone on July 13, 2009, 03:00:17 pm
Waste of time?  What the hell are you talking about?  On what basis are you making that statement?
read the whole statement....I said...."a waste of his (Stegall's) time.......not a waste of time per say...the likelihood of Stegall winning a schollie and making any type of negligible contribution to either his athletic career or the Razorback program is negligible, at best.....Daniel would be best served picking out a small college and getting his football legs under him and be the big fish in the little pond....if he's good enough, in the end, he'd get his shot at the NFL
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

PorkRyan

Stegall is going to MSU and as a 2009 player per some Greenwood coaches.

bkjacks

Can he handle a snap under center?  ;D

Woogie

Quote from: PorkRyan on August 23, 2009, 09:26:16 pm
Stegall is going to MSU and as a 2009 player per some Greenwood coaches.

Enjoy looking out your earhole for four years.......

PorkRyan

Quote from: Woogie on August 23, 2009, 10:24:41 pm
Enjoy looking out your earhole for four years.......

It's probably his best option.  He was much better as a dual threat QB than a passing QB.

rzrbckfan426

He started classes at MSU today.

Chris Bahn

Theolesnort

He's better than most of you people think. He will be their qb eventually. He is a true warrior.
There's Nuttin in the world worth a solitary dime cept Old dogs and children and watermelon wine.

gwddog

Daniel is smart and a very good kid with alot of talent. I wish him well, just wish he could of been a Razorback. Does anyone know if he'll be eligible to play this year.
back 2 back 2 back

RD

He will be a nightmare for SEC defenses.

gwddog

Just thought about something, Daniel is going to play football for the bulldogs again. Defenses be afraid, be very afraid.
back 2 back 2 back

Pig in the Pokey

You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: Theolesnort on August 24, 2009, 04:50:07 pm
He's better than most of you people think. He will be their qb eventually. He is a true warrior.
Quote from: gwddog on August 24, 2009, 05:14:41 pm
Daniel is smart and a very good kid with alot of talent.
Quote from: RD on August 24, 2009, 06:17:21 pm
He will be a nightmare for SEC defenses.
Quote from: gwddog on August 24, 2009, 06:34:42 pm
Just thought about something, Daniel is going to play football for the bulldogs again. Defenses be afraid, be very afraid.

And you Greenwood guys wonder why some of us chide you for being such freaking homers.  Please, for the rest of us, please get some perspective!

The guy hasn't played any football in how many years, four?  And coming out of high school he signed with that powerhouse Arkansas State, and wasn't even recruited by any big schools until Miami hired that guy from ULM.  And now he's going to terrorize the SEC??
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

Hogblog

Quote from: bigdaddyhawg on August 24, 2009, 08:46:37 pm
And you Greenwood guys wonder why some of us chide you for being such freaking homers.  Please, for the rest of us, please get some perspective!

The guy hasn't played any football in how many years, four?  And coming out of high school he signed with that powerhouse Arkansas State, and wasn't even recruited by any big schools until Miami hired that guy from ULM.  And now he's going to terrorize the SEC??

Did you watch him play? I did.......many times.......he was better than Tyler Wilson in HS.......he may be rusty but it won't take him long......wish he would have left the SEC.

gwddog

Quote from: bigdaddyhawg on August 24, 2009, 08:46:37 pm

who pissed in your cheerios?
back 2 back 2 back

HawgPyle

Quote from: gwddog on August 24, 2009, 09:07:16 pm

Apparently someone from Greenwood.

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: Hogblog on August 24, 2009, 09:04:48 pm
Did you watch him play? I did.......many times.......he was better than Tyler Wilson in HS

Again, there is a world outside Greenwood, Arkansas. 

If Stegall was better than TW, why did he not get a whole list of major colleges after his warrior self??
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: gwddog on August 24, 2009, 09:07:16 pm

It's right there in my post.  You are completely over the top in your man love for Stegall.  I'm not hating on the kid, but geez, you guys are freaking ridiculous.  You've got him as an all SEC QB before he even starts practice!!

You are so eat up with your own self-love about Greenwood.  Give it a freaking rest, please!!  It's obnoxious and annoying.

(Psssst -- let me tell you a secret:  They are other high schools around the state and the country that also play football.  And they sometimes produce some top notch players, too.  I know it's hard to believe, but it's true -- it's in all the papers.  Well, maybe not the SWTR, but it's in all the good papers.)

Big Papa Satan

Stegall wasn't an SEC QB, and it's doubtful he is now.

HF

I've watched both Stegall and Wilson play many times, and Stegall was a lot better than TW in HS.  Everyone knew he wanted to play baseball, so most schools backed off on recruiting him.  Don't knock him if you haven't seen him play.

porkchopsalad

Yes, I would have to agree seeing both play in HS Stegall was better.  And i think that LM would agree.

PlayCallinBrotha

Greenwood Fan who drinks too much Rick Jones Kool-Aid Perspective

"Your average sports fan doesn't see it. Unless you are truly in "the know" like a certain select few of us Greenwood fans you wouldn't understand. You all see a guy who was a good QB in HS and hasn't played a down or thrown a FB in going on 4yrs. Oh but you would be so wrong.

See every night for the past 3 years he studied playbooks and watched game film in anticipation of possibly returning to football. He also had his fellow outfielders run pass routes as part of conditioning during Mets practices. He and Rick Jones would talk at least once a week to discuss football and different aspects of the game. While Tyler Wilson should be the starting QB over Mallet, or at least split time, Stegall was even better than him! Wow, words can't explain what he will do to SEC defenses. I can't wait till week 1. Yeah that's right. As soon as he is issued a jockstrap he will also be named MSU starting QB. See MSU was one of the playbooks he studied for 3 years, he knows it better than the coaches at this point."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
All joking aside Stegall is a great guy and if he works hard he will find success. He is talented but to wonder if he would be eligible to play this year is the DUMBEST thing I have ever heard!!! Put down the kool-aid!!

And Yes I've watched both of them play....Stegall was faster, Wilson was a better passer, not too far apart on ability. IMO

PorkRyan

Quote from: HF on August 25, 2009, 09:48:42 am
I've watched both Stegall and Wilson play many times, and Stegall was a lot better than TW in HS.  Everyone knew he wanted to play baseball, so most schools backed off on recruiting him.  Don't knock him if you haven't seen him play.

A lot better than Wilson?  Wilson threw for 2x as many yards as Stegall.  Stegall was a better athlete but Wilson was the better QB and projects much better as a D-1 QB.

oldfart

Quote from: gwddog on August 24, 2009, 05:14:41 pm
Daniel is smart and a very good kid with alot of talent. I wish him well, just wish he could of been a Razorback. Does anyone know if he'll be eligible to play this year.

no reason why he would not be eligible, he has not previously attended any college. assuming his high school work was done properly he could start this fall.

solix

how did he get a copy of msu's playbook 3 years ago?  why would he study for three years if he thought he was going back into football, why didn't he just quit baseball

oldfart

Quote from: solix on August 25, 2009, 02:53:09 pm
how did he get a copy of msu's playbook 3 years ago?  why would he study for three years if he thought he was going back into football, why didn't he just quit baseball

i would seriously doubt if the present MSU playbook resembled the playbook of a year ago.......even if by chance he did have it

PlayCallinBrotha

Quote from: solix on August 25, 2009, 02:53:09 pm

Sarcasm my friend...who knows why SOME g-wood people think the way they do??

chbags

did he dress for the game on Saturday?

BassinHawg

Don't know if it is true but, I heard from a former GW player that he was walking on at MSU and was told that, because of their QB situation, he could see some playing time this year.

We'll see.
"It is what it is." has replaced "Yesssss Sirrrrr!!!!"

chbags

he was on the sideline Saturday in the game with Jackson State (sharing #10 w/ a DB) but did not play ... was hoping to see him in garbage time

Pork Twain

Quote from: hogball33 on July 16, 2009, 03:41:45 pm
Somebody is going to give him a scholly, i doubt he's walking on anywhere.
Well I guess some people just don't get it, so it has to be said numerous times.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

sechog

Quote from: Wooderson on July 12, 2009, 09:37:19 pm
Is he out of baseball?  If so, will he be returning to college for football? 
He walked on at Mississippi State.