Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ole Miss offers Ritter

Started by ballhogger14u, December 22, 2008, 04:27:40 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ballhogger14u

On the front of rivals front page with ole miss , says they have offered him a full ride,  i don't think we get him now

FaulknerHogfan

he's gone...with his family history, waiting so long after his offical visit...see ya!!!

Hawgon

Don't worry, we'll get him after he gets to Ole Miss and discovers that he'll get that scholarship starting in the spring semester.

Hootie pulls that darn all the time.

Hawgvillain

RazorBassin

Unbelievable, Hootie Tootie is a freaking moron.  Hey, that has a better ring than Hotty Totty!

SEdrhawg

In the article Ritter says regarding an Ole Miss offer "covered all of that. I know exactly what is being offered to me. I consider it a full ride, to be honest. I'm happy with it."  What does that mean?  Could he get a half football half academic scholarship or something?  I was confused.

ekyle1

Ritter will probably take his offer....Witch will boost McNutt's ego x 10 'cause now he can tell recruits that he's "Pullin' them recruits away from Arkansas"....

SquidBilly

Petrino's plan worked to perfection.  Ritter was going to be a good kicker and he certainly would have taken him but now he's forced Nutt into a very bad situation where no matter what Nutt loses.

chiefsfan

in a way yeah, we are okay here.   Nutt's offered 2 kickers in one class, and if he honors both scholarships, then he's lost a scholly that could go to a better player
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

AnthroHog

So, Ole Miss is now going to be signing two kickers.  I don't understand how Ole Miss covered all that and it is a full ride.  Did he get an academic scholarship?  His GPA is a 3.5 and his ACT is a 25, does that get one a full ride at Ole Miss?
http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?pr_key=85760

Are we going to go the route of offering another kicker a scholarship or get some to be an invited walk-on with the possibility of a scholarship?

Hawgvillain

Quote from: ekyle1 on December 22, 2008, 04:45:34 pm
Ritter will probably take his offer....Witch will boost McNutt's ego x 10 'cause now he can tell recruits that he's "Pullin' them recruits away from Arkansas"....
Yeah - but Hootie either has to take two kickers in this class or he will pull a scholly from ANOTHER Arkansas kid.  As if Petrino needed any help out-recruiting him...

Steef

Well, it's not like we weren't expecting this.

If the kid goes to Ole Miss, he'll get lots of field time.

El Puerco

December 22, 2008, 05:14:16 pm #12 Last Edit: December 22, 2008, 05:16:10 pm by El Puerco
It was a pissing contest for Nutt.  They offered that other guy already.  How many kickers are they going to have on scholarship?

I wonder how much of Nutt's recruiting strategy involves waiting to see who we offer first.  Dumbass.

Kenny Hawgins

Quote from: El Puerco on December 22, 2008, 05:14:16 pm
It was a pissing contest for Nutt.  They offered that other guy already.  How many kickers are they going to have on scholarship?

I wonder how much of Nutt's recruiting strategy involves waiting to see who we offer first.  Dumbass.
i've noticed that nutt seems to be offering just about every single player that we're after.  he's doing the same thing with the 2010 class also.  kinda funny that he's using petrino's blueprint to build a team even though the philosophies are clearly different. 
Twirling round with this familiar parable
Spinning, weaving round each new experience

Clint Alan

"It isn't hard to be good from time to time in sports. What's tough is being good every day." - Willie Mays

SquidBilly

If a kid is on any type of scholarship, academic or whatever, and he plays football, that scholarship counts against the 85 allowed. 

Steef

Quote from: Kenny Hawgins on December 22, 2008, 05:18:09 pm
i've noticed that nutt seems to be offering just about every single player that we're after.  he's doing the same thing with the 2010 class also.  kinda funny that he's using petrino's blueprint to build a team even though the philosophies are clearly different. 

Saves a lot of time & cash on research, though.

SquidBilly

Quote from: steefhog on December 22, 2008, 05:27:00 pm
Saves a lot of time & cash on research, though.

Also frees up a lot of time for texting local news reporters.

Hawg Barry

Quote from: SEdrhawg on December 22, 2008, 04:44:39 pm
In the article Ritter says regarding an Ole Miss offer "covered all of that. I know exactly what is being offered to me. I consider it a full ride, to be honest. I'm happy with it."  What does that mean?  Could he get a half football half academic scholarship or something?  I was confused.

He gets all the Sonic Blasts he wants.................

PetrinoBall is rolling!!

Kenny Hawgins

Quote from: ATLpiggie on December 22, 2008, 05:28:47 pm
Also frees up a lot of time for texting local news reporters.
don't forget coaching shibest on the proper technique in shooting a hook shot.  he's got a lot of time invested cause pickup basketball is important.  shows you which coaches are fighters and winners.

Kenny Hawgins

Quote from: Hawg Barry on December 22, 2008, 05:32:28 pm
He gets all the Sonic Blasts he wants.................

but he has to go with danny.  i'd say those negate each other.

SquidBilly

Quote from: Kenny Hawgins on December 22, 2008, 05:34:37 pm
but he has to go with danny.  i'd say those negate each other.

Danny has to have someone with him to order for him anyway.  Otherwise they'll bring him three of everything he orders.  "I'll have a Oreo...Oreo...Oreo...blast...blast...blast"

Conway4Hogs

Quote from: ImHogginIt on December 22, 2008, 04:33:23 pm
Wonder if Hootie will honor the offer to the LR kicker ? Two scholarships to kickers in the same class. I don't think I've ever seen that before
Hootie and Honor are two words that should NEVER be used together

Kenny Hawgins

Quote from: ATLpiggie on December 22, 2008, 05:37:31 pm
Danny has to have someone with him to order for him anyway.  Otherwise they'll bring him three of everything he orders.  "I'll have a Oreo...Oreo...Oreo...blast...blast...blast"
lol ouch

El Puerco

I'm sorry but for some time I've been suspicious that those morons were just watching to see who we offered but said nothing because it sounds like Nutt paranoia.  There is NO WAY that Nutt is finding these people all on his lonesome.  Where were these big time out of state offers over the past 5 years?
He knows what his criticisms are and he's changing his ways just to give us the finger.  e.g. passing the ball, recruiting....heck, he's probably working his team to death for the bowl game.

old hog

That ain't right...... Funny. But not right.

Porkys Revenge

Abominable Hillbilly

Quote from: Hawgvillain on December 22, 2008, 04:50:19 pm
Yeah - but Hootie either has to take two kickers in this class or he will pull a scholly from ANOTHER Arkansas kid.  As if Petrino needed any help out-recruiting him...

Great post
"The old man was a good man he raised his children right, taught us how to work hard and showed us how to fight, told us about the good lord and how to use a gun, made me very proud of where it is that I came from"  ***BLACKBERRY SMOKE***

Oklahawg

Houston now has several models to follow after: MState, So Miss and Arkansas. Three schools to do his work for him.

Is Ritter committed to OM? It would be SOOO much more enjoyable if he spurned the hometown school for UA.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Steef

Quote from: El Puerco on December 22, 2008, 05:41:20 pm
I'm sorry but for some time I've been suspicious that those morons were just watching to see who we offered but said nothing because it sounds like Nutt paranoia.  There is NO WAY that Nutt is finding these people all on his lonesome.  Where were these big time out of state offers over the past 5 years?
He knows what his criticisms are and he's changing his ways just to give us the finger.  e.g. passing the ball, recruiting....heck, he's probably working his team to death for the bowl game.

I am NO apologist for HDN. I'm very glad he's gone.

But...

Some of the differences that you've noted (which are all true)...might be attributed to the fact that HDN doesn't have Frank breathing over his shoulder now.

This is HUGE for us. We would never have gotten/kept Coach P, if he had had to deal with Frank.

El Puerco

It said he sat down with Nutt and discussed his options and that he "considers" what Nutt is offering a full ride.  I'm not super slick on how this stuff works these days.  In my day it meant a type of gray shirt:  Enroll in school, less than 12 hours, don't practice with the team officially, and pick up a scholarship the following year, losing no eligibility.  Things may have changed.  What hasn't changed is that Nutt can taste my ass.

hogcoots

Quote from: ballhogger14u on December 22, 2008, 04:27:40 pm
On the front of rivals front page with ole miss , says they have offered him a full ride,  i don't think we get him now

Excellent.  This was an excellent play by our coaching staff.  Regardless of which school this young man chooses, the UofA comes out ahead in comparison to Old Mrs.  We either get a good kicker with a scholarship or we have a division opponent spend 2 scholarships on kickers.  If Old Mrs. backs out of the scholarship offer to the Arkansas kid, they will play he!! getting future Arkansas kids to consider them. 

passinghog

Quote from: El Puerco on December 22, 2008, 06:11:23 pm
It said he sat down with Nutt and discussed his options and that he "considers" what Nutt is offering a full ride.  I'm not super slick on how this stuff works these days.  In my day it meant a type of gray shirt:  Enroll in school, less than 12 hours, don't practice with the team officially, and pick up a scholarship the following year, losing no eligibility.  Things may have changed.  What hasn't changed is that Nutt can taste my ass.

I was thinking he probably asked him to grayshirt also. The only thing is, he will, if he keeps his word to the Arkansas kicker, have 2 kickers on scholarship at one time. So Arkansas still ends up winning in the long run.

El Puerco

Quote from: passinghog on December 22, 2008, 06:20:15 pm
I was thinking he probably asked him to grayshirt also. The only thing is, he will, if he keeps his word to the Arkansas kicker, have 2 kickers on scholarship at one time. So Arkansas still ends up winning in the long run.

Would it just be the two?  No other kickers already on scholarship?

Wildhog

This is Petrino putting Nutt against the ropes.  He forced Nutt to offer two kickers.  I love it.

Now, how good is Paolo Henriques? 
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

passinghog

Quote from: El Puerco on December 22, 2008, 06:21:58 pm

Hoenstly i have no idea about their kicker situation.

hog_fan

They have a Senior to be on scholarship -a kicker. greyshirting is nutt wanted him to do the whole time so if didn't get a full oferr from the start nothing changed.

havok

He should..(Along with about half of Ole Miss' Commit list)  remember two words.  Hunter Miller.

Another guy who was offered a full ride by his holiness, the Diety to Rick Shaeffer, the one and only Dork., but come reporting day that fall..was told "Sike..the scholorship you signed..we are not honoring it".     I would trust the Dork about as far as I could throw Theresa Prewett.

Hog Fan from Camden

Knowing Hottie, there could be another on scholly.

Hawgon

There is a still a big difference between a gray shirt and what we have offered. 

With us, he will be on scholarship immediately and could very likely be our starting kicker next year.  At Ole Miss he won't be on scholarship until next year and who knows what could happen in the meantime? 

Bryan (CHF)

Of course they offered him. I think Nuttjob is waiting to see whoever Petrino offers and then he offers as well. Seems to be he is targeting all of the folks we are targeting.
Quote from: Doc Holliday
Why Ed does this mean we're not friends anymore? You know Ed, if I thought you weren't my friend... I just don't think I could bear it!

Hawgvillain

Wow...lol

Oklahawg

I suspect that Petrino doesn't give a rat's arse about Houston Nutt's recruiting class. His focus is on bigger and better things, notably the UA recruiting class.

Petrino didn't offer Ritter just to put Nutt in a bind. In fact, I'd bet money he could care less about Nutt's bind - he simply wants a good kicker.

I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

hogluv

BP is a coach building a team to go to the next level. Nutt is a game player still believing he is a winner and a fighter.

Cave City Joe

Quote from: passinghog on December 22, 2008, 06:20:15 pm

I don't see how Arkansas wins in the long run.  If Arkansas picks him up won't we have 2 kickers on scholarship.
"When you're part of a team, you stand up for your teammates. Your loyalty is to them. You protect them through good and bad, because they'd do the same for you."  <br />Yogi Berra

This could be the case.  Maybe Petrino really wants the Arkansas kicker but doesn't want to spend a schollie on a kicker.  He uses Nutt's ego by offering Ritter.  If Nutt bites which he did, Nutt now has offered 2 kickers and will likely crap on the Arkansas player just as he did Hunter Miller.  We might pick up the Arkansas kid for free after Nutt refuses to honor his schollie.  End result is that we may get a good kicker without using a schollie.  Its a thought.

LJHOG

Quote from: Cave City Joe on December 22, 2008, 07:00:13 pm
I don't see how Arkansas wins in the long run.  If Arkansas picks him up won't we have 2 kickers on scholarship.
Not in the same recruiting class.

Idahog

Quote from: Oklahawg on December 22, 2008, 06:48:35 pm
I suspect that Petrino doesn't give a rat's arse about Houston Nutt's recruiting class. His focus is on bigger and better things, notably the UA recruiting class.

Petrino didn't offer Ritter just to put Nutt in a bind. In fact, I'd bet money he could care less about Nutt's bind - he simply wants a good kicker.

I suspect you are right.
Quote from: Pork Twain on February 11, 2015, 07:11:54 am
Let me explain how this works...  If I have four really good meals in a row, I am thankful for that and I do not withhold my thanks for fear that the next meal might suck.

SquidBilly

I just wonder if Tejada hasn't talked to Petrino already about leaving the program  and that is why Petrino went after this kid so late in the game.  I seem to remember that we were hearing about Petrino recruiting a second QB and then not long after that we get the news of Nathan's transfer.  Just a thought.

HogTuba

Successful troll is successful
S-A-S-N-A-K--RA