Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Richardson off the market...

Started by DMACStillRunnin, December 21, 2008, 05:56:46 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

DMACStillRunnin

Mark Ingram winning the Heisman truly confirms how much of a sham it was for Darren McFadden to be jobbed two years in a row.

Table Rocker

guess this means mizzouman will be on soon- he tends to only come around when there is good mizzou recruiting news.

hashog

An old hog fanatic

December 21, 2008, 06:06:46 pm #3 Last Edit: December 21, 2008, 06:10:25 pm by mid-georgia-hogfan
No real surprise...but very disappointing.

BUT - Petrino and staff will finish this recruiting class strong and we'll do fine without Richardson. 
Winners never quit and bitchers do - Lanny

Amityvillehogger

Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

hashog

with or without him we will still have a much d fence !!!!!!!

RazorBassin

I just got some info that said he wouldn't have the grades, maybe its wrong, but that is what I am hearing.

Porkys Revenge

I prefer T. Coleman over Richardson anyway, now if we don't get Coleman, then I'll be pissed.

N HOG

HOG FAN 4 LIFE

I thought he was going to have to go to a JUCO because of grades.
Go Hogs! Go Rangers! Go Cowboys! Go Mavs! Go Stars!

arklahoman36

Quote from: Table Rocker on December 21, 2008, 06:02:08 pm
guess this means mizzouman will be on soon- he tends to only come around when there is good mizzou recruiting news.

He showed up and took his medicine after Knile Davis committed to Arkansas.

ChicoHog

Better to mizzou than Florida or another SEC team. 

booogaga

if he doesnt want to be here then he doesnt need to be here. let him go against pansy arse big 12 schools so he can pad his stats more en route to the nfl...
GO HOGS!

Oklahawg

Good for Richardson and Mizzou. Now, back to working the short list!
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Bubba's Bruisers

This shouldn't be a surprise to anyone.  It also shouldn't be a surprise if he doesn't qualify.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Erockster20

I just hope this doesn't have any impact on Wingo. 

COCHISE

SquidBilly

Richardson would have been a good get but we can't get them all.  Next.

racinghog

Better check all the Misso's commits. Doesn't look to impressive to me.

Kenny Hawgins

hope he has fun getting blasted by oklahoma and texas the next 4 years in big 12 championship games.
Twirling round with this familiar parable
Spinning, weaving round each new experience

arklahoman36

Quote from: Kenny Hawgins on December 21, 2008, 07:33:44 pm
hope he has fun getting blasted by oklahoma and texas the next 4 years in big 12 championship games.

If they make it that far.

RazorBassin

Quote from: Kenny Hawgins on December 21, 2008, 07:33:44 pm

They'll have to beat Nebraska, they are back on the way up.

Kenny Hawgins

Quote from: jj1121 on December 21, 2008, 07:40:01 pm
They'll have to beat Nebraska, they are back on the way up.
nice point.....and the fighting manginos.  i hear they're man-eaters.
Twirling round with this familiar parable
Spinning, weaving round each new experience

ekyle1

HIS LOSS....Mizzou is on a downward spiral...

shawn_563

Does anyone think this will affect wingo's decision?
You gotta ask yourself is the juice worth the squeeze?

Melorock089

Can't exactly say he made a smart decision theoretically both in college and professionally afterwards. Hah nobody here have any regrets, alright? He blew his chance.

Melorock089

Quote from: shawn_563 on December 21, 2008, 07:44:41 pm

Me thinks Wingo is smarter

linze82

did he try to clown on us a little in the article? i can't read it.
smite me bishes

Simple Swineman

Quote from: shawn_563 on December 21, 2008, 07:44:41 pm

No. Wingo will visit on Jan 9 and he will see the difference first hand. Richardson was supposed to come the same weekend, but it sounds like he won't now.

Richardson would have second thoughts if he were to take his visit here. After he visited Minnesota he said he was blown away and was overly impressed with their program... Minnesota. Then he went to Missouri and thought it just couldn't get any better than that. I can't imagine what he would think about Arkansas. Oh well.

Table Rocker

Perhaps he has aspirations of being a journalist? If so he made the right choice

Theolesnort

It ain't over, but they are fighting over who will sign and place him. A few days or week or two and Richardson will be ready to take that trip to Ark. He is very impressionable.
There's Nuttin in the world worth a solitary dime cept Old dogs and children and watermelon wine.

songofthesword

Quote from: Theolesnort on December 21, 2008, 08:41:11 pm
It ain't over, but they are fighting over who will sign and place him..
srsly. not anywhere near worth the hassle.

Kevin Bacon

Quote from: linze82 on December 21, 2008, 07:48:07 pm
did he try to clown on us a little in the article? i can't read it.

No mention of anyone in the article but mizzery.

dougieritch

Quote from: ChicoHog on December 21, 2008, 06:31:56 pm
Better to mizzou than Florida or another SEC team. 

Amen...I feel the same way!

Some kids just want to stay home, can't fault that.

Melorock089

Quote from: dougieritch on December 21, 2008, 10:27:43 pm
Amen...I feel the same way!

Some kids just want to stay home, can't fault that.

True...Fayetteville's just about on the state border to Missouri...

hawgsav1

WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

:(

Actually, I was really really really really really hoping we'd get him.  Eh well, we'll get the next one. 
Revenge is a dish best served cold. - Klingon Proverb

ChicoHog

Quote from: Table Rocker on December 21, 2008, 08:26:46 pm
Perhaps he has aspirations of being a journalist? If so he made the right choice
I thought Syracuse was the broadcasting/journalism school?  Is Missouri big on that also?

The Hogfather

jst01

Mizzu has been good for the past few years for 1 reason & 1 reason only.

CHASE DANIEL

They will soon be back to winning 7-8 games a year max. 

The Hogfather

Quote from: jst01 on December 22, 2008, 07:55:14 am

CHASE DANIEL

Well, really 3 reasons.

1.  Chase Daniel has been running Missouri's offense since he was in preschool.
2.  Jeremy Maclin is a freak
3.  The Big XII North sucks my A$$.

jst01

Quote from: The Hogfather on December 22, 2008, 07:57:38 am
Well, really 3 reasons.

1.  Chase Daniel has been running Missouri's offense since he was in preschool.
2.  Jeremy Maclin is a freak
3.  The Big XII North sucks my A$$.

I thought about Maclin(sp?), but I think without Chase running that spread, Maclin wouldn't have near the holes and running room he gets now. Without Chase I think he's an above average back, but not a game changer. 

havok

Quote from: jst01 on December 22, 2008, 07:55:14 am

CHASE DANIEL

But then again... it is the Big-12 north. Up there 7-8 wins is about a 90% certanty of being the North's entry into the "Get your brains beat out by the Big-12 South's Team championship game".

cbjagman

Guys and gals, I'm as disappointed as anyone that we apparently won't have his services; however, the young man has his choice. For better or worse it doesn't appear that we will be able to land him, so let's just wish him luck and move on to the next one.............

The Hogfather

Quote from: cbjagman on December 22, 2008, 08:41:02 am
Guys and gals, I'm as disappointed as anyone that we apparently won't have his services; however, the young man has his choice. For better or worse it doesn't appear that we will be able to land him, so let's just wish him luck and move on to the next one.............

Yeah, that's fine.  I'm just laughing at the fact that he thinks Missouri is becoming a national powerhouse program and that he thinks they'll win a NC before he's gone.  He'll probably be a huge stud defensive lineman.  But, he won't have any help on defense, Daniel/Maclin will be gone, and they'll lose about 4, 5, or 6 games a year.

I wish him well, unless he comes up against Arkansas.  I just think it's probably a bad decision if he wants to be part of a program that is actually becoming a national powerhouse.

oldfart

Quote from: ChicoHog on December 22, 2008, 12:42:04 am
I thought Syracuse was the broadcasting/journalism school?  Is Missouri big on that also?
missouri school of journalism one of the tops in the nation...

Table Rocker

Quote from: ChicoHog on December 22, 2008, 12:42:04 am

probably the best in the midwest- very well respected nationally as well. pat forde is also a grad, so that's a strike against them :)

saywhat?

Richardson won't qualify so it won't matter.

Calihog

Quote from: oldfart on December 22, 2008, 09:57:17 am
missouri school of journalism one of the tops in the nation...

Missouri and Columbia (in NYC)

VenturaHog

December 22, 2008, 08:48:42 pm #48 Last Edit: December 22, 2008, 08:58:15 pm by VenturaHog
Quote from: The Hogfather on December 22, 2008, 09:13:40 am
Yeah, that's fine.  I'm just laughing at the fact that he thinks Missouri is becoming a national powerhouse program and that he thinks they'll win a NC before he's gone.  He'll probably be a huge stud defensive lineman.  But, he won't have any help on defense, Daniel/Maclin will be gone, and they'll lose about 4, 5, or 6 games a year.

I wish him well, unless he comes up against Arkansas.  I just think it's probably a bad decision if he wants to be part of a program that is actually becoming a national powerhouse.

This guy redshirted last year and will replace daniel, http://rivals100.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?Sport=1&pr_key=55586

he looks pretty good. Mizzou plays in a really weak conference, they could be one of the top 2-3 pretty consistently. Pinkel is a good coach.

mizzouman

Quote from: Calihog on December 22, 2008, 08:40:33 pm
Missouri and Columbia (in NYC)

Mizzou, Northwestern and Syracuse, in that order.