Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Other side of Andy Kennedy story

Started by Beaverfever, December 19, 2008, 12:24:40 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hawgsav1

Quote from: GO on December 21, 2008, 09:57:00 am
I may be wrong but I am pretty sure I read when this all broke that the cabbie is an American citizen, maybe not born here but someone who came here legally and is trying to make a honest living. Also seems I read he is not of middle east assent but is actually from Africa.

Where there is smoke there is usually fire! Time will tell.

According to the information I looked up:

http://www.wlwt.com/sports/18306497/detail.html

He is from Africa, but he looks Arab.  I'm not sure on his legal status as a citizen or noncitizen, but he is here legally.  Most illegal immigrants are too scared to go to the police, let alone make something a national scandal.  From the video, he doesn't have a black eye, but has a mark on the left side of his face and it looks slightly swollen. 

The valet is a white guy. 
Revenge is a dish best served cold. - Klingon Proverb

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: AKHogsHoopsFan on December 20, 2008, 11:18:59 pm
I want to see pics of the cabbie who is claiming to have been beaten to a pulp by Andy Kennedy.  At that point, I will recant what I said and yell for Kennedy to be thrown under the Cincinnati jail.  Until then, I have a hard time believing any of it.

"News 5's Eric Flack said a Cincinnati police sergeant told him that he was called into the bar because of an argument between two men. The sergeant said that when he told Kennedy to leave, Kennedy refused, was uncooperative and argumentative, and had to be physically guided to the door.......Police said the left side of Jiddou's face was swollen"

The cabbie never said he was beaen to a pulp. Police state his face was swollen as if he'd been punched. Police state they had to physically remove AK from the bar, as his drunken Director of Operations had been the initial reason the police were called in the first place.

And you claim to want to see actual pics of the cabbie's face before you change your opinion, despite police reports of multiple instances (bar removal and cab fight)? You must have one helluva mancrush on AK.
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

RedSatinHog

Quote from: HawgAdvocate on December 21, 2008, 08:04:40 pm
"News 5's Eric Flack said a Cincinnati police sergeant told him that he was called into the bar because of an argument between two men. The sergeant said that when he told Kennedy to leave, Kennedy refused, was uncooperative and argumentative, and had to be physically guided to the door.......Police said the left side of Jiddou's face was swollen"

The cabbie never said he was beaen to a pulp. Police state his face was swollen as if he'd been punched. Police state they had to physically remove AK from the bar, as his drunken Director of Operations had been the initial reason the police were called in the first place.

And you claim to want to see actual pics of the cabbie's face before you change your opinion, despite police reports of multiple instances (bar removal and cab fight)? You must have one helluva mancrush on AK.

I could care less about Andy Kennedy.  He's an Ole Miss coach for crying out loud, but I hate seeing someone trashed in the press like this.  The way they reported it didn't make sense.

On the one hand, you have a cabbie saying Kennedy was calling him "Bin Laden, Saddam, etc."  The valet claims AK "was screaming racial slurs".  The two, in my eyes, do not equate to one another.  Stereotypes?  Maybe, but not racial slurs.

So far as his refusal to leave the bar, yeah, I have no question that Kennedy was acting in a way that was unbecoming and unprofessional, but to have a cab driver refuse to let what he felt was too many people into a cab, then refuse to let anyone out of the cab without paying a fare despite not having taken them anywhere only served to escalate tensions of the whole situations.  The cabbie saw how many people were trying to get into the cab, and he should have stated that he could not take everyone before he let anyone into that cab.

As for Strougher, he strikes me as someone who is chasing a spotlight when he is telling "his side of it".  Something about the way he is carrying on in that interview strikes me as being eerily unbelievable.

And again, if he's proven to be guilty of this whole assault episode, I'll be the first to admit that I was wrong and say that he should be canned over it.  Drunk or not, neither Kennedy nor anyone else should be allowed to run around punching people in public or otherwise.
Pts/Game: 122nd
Rebounds/Game: 208th
Assists/Game:  240th
FG%:  173rd

hogster23

So if AK was yelling racial slurs while beating on the cabbie, could that be considered a hate crime??

pitbull1

I believe the cabbie!  He is not going to give himself a place under the eye just to get someone in trouble, not to mention one of the coaches was drunk and all had been drinking.  Kennedy is just trying to start trouble, IMO!  I hope he gets what's coming to him!

parrishw

Quote from: aristotle on December 20, 2008, 01:25:02 pm
I find the Ole Miss cover story to be a bit farfetched. Especially, if the facts show that the Dir of Ops was already tossed from the bar and the cabbie has a shiner. That doesn't bode well for AK. He's got a lot at stake, so the cover story, backed with the defamation suit is their "all in" move here. Should be fun to watch, that's for sure.

I have seen two references in this thread to the cabbie having a shiner

But I saw a wire story that day that said clearly that when news media went to interview the cabbie the next morning he showed no signs of bruises or abrasions on his body or head where he claimed that Kennedy hit him................... so where is the detail on the black eye(shiner)?

Hogimus Prime

i still say combine both stories and you have what happened.

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: parrishw on December 22, 2008, 02:55:36 pm

But I saw a wire story that day that said clearly that when news media went to interview the cabbie the next morning he showed no signs of bruises or abrasions on his body or head where he claimed that Kennedy hit him................... so where is the detail on the black eye(shiner)?

The detail you are missing is that Andy Kennedy hits like a girl. 

Here is Kennedy's Halloween picture and what he will be doing  in Cincy once the season is over.

Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: parrishw on December 22, 2008, 02:55:36 pm

The police report stated the cabbie's face was swollen and red as if he'd been punched.

No shiner was reported, just what appeared to be contact to the face.
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

hawgsav1

The Realist

Quote from: rsvl_hogfan4 on December 19, 2008, 09:13:18 pm
I believe the police report said the left side of the cab driver's face was swollen around the cheek. If that is the case, how did it get swollen? Did the police make that up, or did he punch himself?
If a cab driver wont let me out of the car after I demand it...his face would be swollen too.  If the rest of the story is true, who cares if he hit the guy. 
"We've got chips on our shoulder and really want to go out and show everybody what we can do.  We're not asking for anybody to give us the respect we deserve, but we plan on going out and taking it."
Childs, Gregory.

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: The Realist on December 23, 2008, 01:07:28 pm
If a cab driver wont let me out of the car after I demand it...his face would be swollen too.  If the rest of the story is true, who cares if he hit the guy. 

Things are a little different when you're the head coach of a D-1 basketball program in a premier conference. Especially when it's after midnight and you and your staff just got kicked out of a bar for being drunk and disorderly.

Punching a guy in the face, over $6, isn't the way to go.

GrizzledHogFan

Quote from: 98hogs on December 20, 2008, 08:20:31 pm
Ship the arab camel jockey out of the country now!

... and hopefully you'll be shipped off this message board for that comment.
Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.

spahoopsfan

What's the deal four guys wanting to ride together in the back seat of a cab? in the original thread it was stated that there was another cab behind the first cab. Kennedy and crew could simply have split into different cabs. If the cab driver told them he could only take four (and that makes sense). Was the gang short of money? I don't think so. Could they not do without each others company until they got back to the hotel or because they are VIPs the rules don't apply.  I believe they didn't like they were told and were jerks about it. I believe they caused started the problems and whether the cab driver "locked the doors" or not is not the problem. If they had problems in the bar prior to leaving then it sure doesn't seem a stretch they were jerks outside the bar.

hawgsav1

Though I am not sure who is correct or not, I must admit AK's legal squad has done a masterful job.  In celebrity trials media coverage and spin seems to play a huge role in the outcome of a case.  By aggressively pursuing the alleged victim with a defamation lawsuit, he has allowed some doubt to creep into the mind of the public over who is correct.