Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ole Miss vs. Texas Tech

Started by Ceba, December 18, 2008, 08:14:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

I'm interested if people are pulling for the SEC in this game!  I personnally hope Texas Tech beats the living crap out of Nutt.

Ole Miss
34 (13.2%)
Texas Tech
224 (86.8%)

Total Members Voted: 256

Ceba

I could never pull for Nutt no matter who they should play.  I would even be for the Longhorns if they played Ole Miss.

Hoggish1

My wish is a historic beat down for Textical to get 2009 started off right! (I'm sticking pins in his doll as I type.)

razored

I'm kind of looking for something in the neighborhood of 99 to 3 TT.
I just don't know if TT can pass the 60 mark - no harm in hoping.

hogchic2001

It will be a cold day in he!! before I ever pull for a team coached by Nutt.
Go HOGS Go!

HoopS

I look at like this....

I hope they lose, more than you know, but if they somehow win, I'll credit our conference with the win. 

hoghawk

I will be at the game with a couple of my buddies from high school that went to Ole Piss.  I am considering bringing in a sign that reads "We got Bobby Petrino and all Ole Miss got were two Nutts! Go Hogs"
If anyone has any other suggestions, please let me know.

HoopS

I suggest you find new friends.

Jk.  :D

BentPig

cbjagman

While I can't imagine ever rooting against the SEC under normal conditions, this is one of those adnormal situations. Considering the fact that Dale is as adnormal as they come, I will be rooting for a major beatdown of Ole Misery.

hammerhog

tulsadst

Will be cheering for the RED RAIDERS in this one...

FATBACKHAWG

They will come at him so fast it will just mess him up

Choctaw Hog

I look at it as a win-win.  If the Raiders hand Nutt his, well nuts, then photo-shop opportunities will be plenty.  If both the Rebels and Gators win, then that should, although I know it wont, take care of "the Big 12 is better" crowd. 

HognotinMemphis

I want Tech to beat Ole Miss so badly, in every phase of the game, that afterwards the Ole Miss fanbase wonders why they hired Nutt and his MSM. I hope that Nutt's gameplan is made to look like a junior high school coach's work.

I will laugh the entire game.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

go hogues

I'd be for the Red Raiders no matter what.  I hated Ole Miss a loooonnggg time before the Dork ever went there.
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

go hogues

Quote from: hoghawk on December 18, 2008, 08:46:18 pm
I will be at the game with a couple of my buddies from high school that went to Ole Piss.  I am considering bringing in a sign that reads "We got Bobby Petrino and all Ole Miss got were two Nutts! Go Hogs"
Here's a suggestion, don't take any kind of sign.  Although I love your aspirations of obnoxious behavior, it would be kind of silly to have a sign about the hogs there when we aren't even in the game. 
Just wear all Red Raider black and red.  That'll make a statement.
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

hoghawk

Just wanted to send a statement regarding the dislike of the Nuttster!  I thought it might draw attention since I will be in the middle of the ole miss crowd.  Once you pissed the state of Arkansas off, you will never live it down.  That goes for his snake oil salesman of an agent too(although I admire how he does his job, which has been masterful as of late) he is still a snake.  I do have a good friend in KC that might let me wear his Texas Tech gear to the game....hmmmm

ar_sports_talk

Quote from: hoghawk on December 18, 2008, 08:46:18 pm

Andy Kennedy Cab Co.
Need a good laugh?  Click below

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVr8nvs6re0

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

hawgsav1

Revenge is a dish best served cold. - Klingon Proverb

Pigsknuckles

December 19, 2008, 02:51:45 pm #20 Last Edit: December 19, 2008, 02:56:23 pm by Pigsknuckles
I'm guessing 98% to 2% in favor of TT before I even vote...drum roll please.

Well, I was in the right zip code.
"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

Sivad

I always pull for the SEC in out of conference play.
EXCEPT for a Hootie-Coochie coached team.
In that case, right prevails and I hope to see the Right Reverend get some of his just desserts and to lose badly.

lovethosehogs

it is a given. nutty in a bowl game will loose by 30!

I hope TT is in their best mode with everyone healthy.  I want OM beat so bad it actually bursts Nutts ego and that, my friends, would take one hell of a beating.  I want the entire OM fan base wondering what they got themselves into after this game.

jgphillips3

We all know that any decent coach can shut down Nutt's offense with a month to prepare.  However, Snead is a decent QB.  I wish it would be about...oh...70-17 but I feel like it will be more like 35-24 with Texas Tech winning. 

Justifiable Hogicide

SEC or not, I would not pull for Ole Miss/Nuttso at gunpoint.
Hope the Red Raiders send Hooten, Danny, Diana and H3 back to that backwater Oxford with a lopsided loss to go with his lackluster recruting class.

mellonhead

I smell a beat down. Tech is mad as he.. that they got no invite for the Heisman to either Harrell or Crabtree and they had one loss and no bcs invite. Kind of like Missouri last year. Tech 45 missy 21.

ishankem

I know i'm in the minority here, but so be it.  I will always pull for the sec against outside foes not matter who the coaches or players are.  i don't hate the nuttster. i don't think about him.  he is a non-factor, gone and forgotten.  I hope the sec goes undefeated this bowl season, just like i always do.  the better the sec does in bowls will help the conference get better players and help keep us the best conf. in america, which will hopefully help the hogs recruit top recruits and some day win a national title. so, as the conference goes, so goes the hogs!

hoggystyle78

I hope TT bends ole myth and hooten over for the whole world to see.  ;D

codeHog

you should always pull for the conference because it makes the Hogs look good but in this case, we already know our conference is the best and Ole Miss is a constant pain in our arse, so go TT.

Tusks

so the bac still have memberships huh.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

Sivad

wildhawgs5

i am pulling for texas tech by at least 3 touchdowns. hell i am pissed the didn't get a b.c.s. bowl and about the heisman also. 2 teams that i wont go for in the s.e.c. and that is ole miss and flobow.

Hawgin84

I wish Tech would "hang a hunerd on 'em".

razorbak

I always root for the outcome most beneficial to the Hogs. The Conference takes a distant second. In fact I rooted for virtually every Texas team in the SWC to lose every Bowl game [knowing of course that would not happen--at least not all]. That's why I hated the Dallas Cowboys until an Arkansas Razorback owner and a couple of Razorback coaches took over.

I only brag on the SEC to outsiders from other conferences.

The more wins a Florida or an Ole Miss or a Tennessee get, the more likely those teams will be to attract the best recruits to them and not us.

Of course there are occasional exceptions to these rules. I do like the fact that Southern [SEC] and Southwestern Football [Texas, OU] dominates the nation. I am a Southern chauvinist.

Does any of this make any sense?
"If I could rest anywhere it would be in Arkansaw where the men are of the real half-horse, half-alligator breed such as grow nowhere else on the face of the universal earth." [Davy Crockett 1834]

"If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision." [Major General Patrick Cleburne, Confederate Civil War hero from Arkansas]

The Confederacy had no better soldiers than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond prudence. [Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.]

SiriusHog™

Nutt could be playing against the taliban and I would root for an Ole Piss loss..

rcj001

After the embarassment we all felt last year on New Year's day because of Nutt's antics, I could never root for a team of his to win any game.  He deserves to lose by 100.

Hangin w tha Hawgs

December 21, 2008, 12:02:16 am #37 Last Edit: December 21, 2008, 12:05:18 am by Hangin w tha Hawgs
I can handle 1 sec bowl loss, especially if its ole miss losing.

I think Texas Tech will be victorious!! :razorback:

AllenK

Not drinkin'the Kool-Aid...

Pignoramus

Tech is very good and will be hard to beat, but I gotta pull for my friends on the coaching staff at Ole Miss.  Besides, it's good for our conference for SEC teams to make a good showing in their bowl games.   Now concerning Ole Miss vs. Arkansas........... Go Bobby!  Go Hogs!     :razorback:

Hoggy1

Quote from: Pignoramus on December 21, 2008, 01:41:52 am
Tech is very good and will be hard to beat, but I gotta pull for my friends on the coaching staff at Ole Miss.  Besides, it's good for our conference for SEC teams to make a good showing in their bowl games.   Now concerning Ole Miss vs. Arkansas........... Go Bobby!  Go Hogs!     :razorback:

your friends on the coaching staff at Ole Miss huh?

You should relay all the nice messages from Hogville to your dear friends
You must be smokin somethin if you think I ain't smokin nothin

The Hawg Marshal

Quote from: Pignoramus on December 21, 2008, 01:41:52 am
Tech is very good and will be hard to beat, but I gotta pull for my friends on the coaching staff at Ole Miss.  Besides, it's good for our conference for SEC teams to make a good showing in their bowl games.   Now concerning Ole Miss vs. Arkansas........... Go Bobby!  Go Hogs!     :razorback:
I think I'm gonna puke. Can we get him banned?

Pignoramus

Quote from: The Hawg Marshal on December 21, 2008, 09:04:51 am
I think I'm gonna puke. Can we get him banned?

I know of no rules I have broken that would get me banned.  I hope considering Chris Vaughn and Tracy Rocker friends is not grounds for banning a Hogville poster.  I always pull for SEC teams in nonconference games.  But I will never pull for any team if it is playing our Hogs and I am not an Ole Miss fan!      :razorback:

HoopS

I hope Rocker goes to Auburn. 

Okie Hog

Guns Up!  Go Raiders!  Ole Siss is gonna get rode hard and put up wet.

ALLVOL

I know you guys hate Nutt and I understand and think the guy is a fraud but I think Ole Miss may very well win this game. With the hurt players and all the other off field stuff etc and the TT players being upset about being stiffed on a better bowl it could end up being a big day for Ole Miss.  I think 09 will be Nutts last good year at Ole Miss as well.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: Sivad on December 20, 2008, 05:09:18 pm
If you're a Hog fan, you should.
Nutt is dead to me. However, I still bad mouth dead people I didn't like and/or who were not good people. Not judging them, but if you do stupid things and bad things, others are free to bad mouth you.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

Lanny

If PearBryant and the Crying Shame were playing a Nuttsac coached team.  I would be for Pear Bryant
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

Pigitypigitypigity

Ole Miss and the SEC.

Some hoped that the HOGS (we) WOULD LOSE when HDN was the coach... Shocking that they would feel the SAME WAY about Ole Miss. 8>

Of course, many of these fans didn't support the Hogs and BP this year when things weren't going to well. See the empty seats for Bama and Florida, and LSU. Most of the time, only the corner of WM stadium has LSU fans, but becaue of lack of support there was LSU fans scattered all over the stadium.

But, they were there to show their hatred for HDN at the Ole Miss game. We need more HDN's to get "support" for the football team.  8>