Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ole Piss coach Andy Kennedy arrested in Cincy

Started by Hawgndaaz, December 18, 2008, 09:24:27 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawgndaaz

josh_sec33

*claps*

The class of Ole Miss shows its butt again.

:D
Quote from: Hogstocking on February 07, 2008, 11:45:16 am
The 'fence' has been replaced by the Great Wall of China wrapped in barbed wire guarded by snipers. 

Quote from: Fayettechill14 on September 06, 2012, 05:43:24 pm
On a scale of "DGB is a Hog" to "Bobby had a girl on the back of that bike," how sure are you?

An old hog fanatic

Winners never quit and bitchers do - Lanny

AuburnHog

HamShank

Wow, this certainly doesn't help that progressive Rebel image, does it?

Albert Einswine

"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

Hawgndaaz

I would bet the cabbie was probably the stereotypical middle-eastern type. surely someone from ole miss wouldn't be racist?

josh_sec33

The 'fence' has been replaced by the Great Wall of China wrapped in barbed wire guarded by snipers. 

On a scale of "DGB is a Hog" to "Bobby had a girl on the back of that bike," how sure are you?

smoked hog

This makes me happy for some reason. I just love seeing that school look stupid. Will be really funny to watch the FB program in a couple more years.

AuburnHog

I don't like Ole Miss but I hate it for Andy Kennedy.  I liked him as a player. 

Hawgndaaz

Quote from: Fresh Legs™ on December 18, 2008, 09:41:14 am
He's toast.

normally i'd agree, but the national media would give them hell if they fired a coach for racism, but still carry a racist aura with their mascot.

Quote from: Hawgndaaz on December 18, 2008, 09:43:27 am
normally i'd agree, but the national media would give them hell if they fired a coach for racism, but still carry a racist aura with their mascot.
Doesn't that mean they have to fire him to avoid the racist aura? I guess it will come down to what he said, as on some level not all racist slurs are alike. I would also suspect that alcohol was involved at 1 a.m.

Dwight_K_Shrute

I thought Kennedy was doing a good job at Ole Miss.  This isn't too surprising but not because he coaches at Ole Miss, but because of where he is from.  He's from Louisville, Mississippi, a good ole Mississippi boy, and went to Winston Academy.  The private school system in Mississippi is huge especially for a state its size, it's basically privatized segregation.  While most private schools in Arkansas play against and in the same conferences as public schools, private schools in Mississippi play in their own conferences and with very rare exceptions do not play against public schools.  Will be interesting to see what Ole Miss does about it.  I doubt they will do very much since the slur was aimed at a middle easterner.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

cdclark09

ha, really? 
Was he drunk?  I don't get why anyone would do this.  You know stuff hits the fan if you do.  If they don't fire him for the actual incident they should fire him for being so incredibly stupid.

psooie

WOW...how long till he resigns or is fired? 24-48 hours is my guess...pretty please, let them call dickey nutt...hahahaha, that's not gonna happen but Bobby Knight would work or maybe they should bring back rob evans which would be good for him, bad for hogs

Jdub

I would rather have him punch TCTWF's face in.

WPS

ConwayHog

December 18, 2008, 10:09:17 am #17 Last Edit: December 18, 2008, 10:11:26 am by Fresh Legs™
Quote from: Hawgndaaz on December 18, 2008, 09:43:27 am

The media is and has been fine with the mascot.  It's tradition, right or wrong.

Kennedy is toast.  I see now way he can or should survive this.  No way he can go into a recruit's home now.  The opposing coaches will have a field day laminating those articles to put on coffee tables. :)

You pop a cab driver in the face and it's over with (Issue #1).  It's a reasonable assumption to think alcohol was involved (Issue #2) and we haven't even tackled the race issue (Issue #3).

Three strikes...

You're out. 

chiefsfan

Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

ConwayHog

Quote from: psooie on December 18, 2008, 09:59:16 am
WOW...how long till he resigns or is fired? 24-48 hours is my guess...pretty please, let them call dickey nutt...hahahaha, that's not gonna happen but Bobby Knight would work or maybe they should bring back rob evans which would be good for him, bad for hogs

Evans isn't going to leave in the middle of the season.

aristotle

I agree with Fresh, I don't see him surviving this.

DeltaBoy

I am going to wait to hear all the facts before I cast any stones even at an Ole Piss Coach.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Hawgndaaz

from their board (surely this guy can't be serious?)

"That said, in what scenario does he keep his job? Maybe if the cabbie pulled a gun on him or some other improbable scenario, possibly, but you need to stop and consider a few things. Any racial issues are going to be magnified at Ole Miss. It's 100% unjustified and unfair, sure, but it's the way it is. He's one of our highest profile employees and when you're at that level, it's pretty hard to justify early morning hour brawls with cab drivers."

Kevin

why is a coach out at 1am the night before a game, unless traveling back from recruiting.

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

SemperHawg

Not even going to touch any of the racial issues on this one...From some of the reports I have read this happened at like 2 in the morning and someone else, William Armstrong director of operations at Ole Miss, was kicked out of a bar and was also arrested on charges of disorderly conduct...If I were an Ole Miss fan, and happily I am not, I would wonder why my head coach and others associated with my program were out drinking till early in the a.m. the day of a big game. 

cdclark09

And they play on ESPN tonight... man the announcers should have fun with that.

hognc2010

do you think Dicky Nutt will look into the job if he is fired
Funny that the BBall coaches fall apart when HDN is the football coach at a school

SpareRib

Quote from: Fresh Legs™ on December 18, 2008, 10:09:17 am
The media is and has been fine with the mascot.  It's tradition, right or wrong.

Kennedy is toast.  I see now way he can or should survive this.  No way he can go into a recruit's home now.  The opposing coaches will have a field day laminating those articles to put on coffee tables. :)

You pop a cab driver in the face and it's over with (Issue #1).  It's a reasonable assumption to think alcohol was involved (Issue #2) and we haven't even tackled the race issue (Issue #3).

Three strikes...

You're out. 

Agreed - and it looks like they have TWO problems -

http://news.cincinnati.com/article/20081218/NEWS01/312180060/1060/NEWS0104

Also arrested was William Armstrong, the director of operations at Mississippi, on a charge of disorderly conduct, reports show.

The men are in town for the SEC/Big East invitational at U.S. Bank Arena. Mississippi plays No. 8 Louisville tonight.

Reports state Armstrong, 31, was drunk and thrown out of the Lodge Bar downtown early this morning.

After that, he and Kennedy got a cab. A report says Armstrong taunted the driver "in which his conduct was likely to cause a violent response."

A separate report says Kennedy "was the aggressor" and punched the driver, Mohammed Ould Jiddou. During the attack Kennedy used "racial slurs."

I'll fish 'til the money's gone ... then I'll fish for food!<br /><br />My heritage - Dutch/Polish/German on one side, English/Welsh on the other.  I'm a mutt, not a show dog.  Proud to be an American!

sooie dog

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on December 18, 2008, 09:48:27 am
I thought Kennedy was doing a good job at Ole Miss.  This isn't too surprising but not because he coaches at Ole Miss, but because of where he is from.  He's from Louisville, Mississippi, a good ole Mississippi boy, and went to Winston Academy.  The private school system in Mississippi is huge especially for a state its size, it's basically privatized segregation.  While most private schools in Arkansas play against and in the same conferences as public schools, private schools in Mississippi play in their own conferences and with very rare exceptions do not play against public schools.  Will be interesting to see what Ole Miss does about it.  I doubt they will do very much since the slur was aimed at a middle easterner.

I played in the MS Private School Association.  My school was located in LA but there were schools from AR, TN, AL, MS and LA.  This was 15 years ago when I was in school.  I'm not sure if it's still the same or not. 

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: SpareRib on December 18, 2008, 10:32:51 am
Agreed - and it looks like they have TWO problems -

http://news.cincinnati.com/article/20081218/NEWS01/312180060/1060/NEWS0104

Also arrested was William Armstrong, the director of operations at Mississippi, on a charge of disorderly conduct, reports show.

The men are in town for the SEC/Big East invitational at U.S. Bank Arena. Mississippi plays No. 8 Louisville tonight.

Reports state Armstrong, 31, was drunk and thrown out of the Lodge Bar downtown early this morning.

After that, he and Kennedy got a cab. A report says Armstrong taunted the driver “in which his conduct was likely to cause a violent response.”

A separate report says Kennedy “was the aggressor” and punched the driver, Mohammed Ould Jiddou. During the attack Kennedy used “racial slurs.”

Here is a likely scenario to save Kennedy's butt.  Make Armstrong the fall guy and the guy that gets fired.  Amstrong and Cabbie got into it.  Kennedy stepped in to try to intervene and unintentionally hit the driver.  Armstrong is painted as the drunk hurling slurs and gets canned and paid under the table to go away or is put on suspension for awhile.  Kennedy apologizes and is given a slap on the wrist.

I think Ole P would spin it this way to save their coach and save face.  Remember they set the bar pretty low for moral fiber of their coaches.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

Hogtropolis™

He's just following in the footsteps of his former mentor at Cincy.

kimjongsqUeAl

Um, let's see......yeah uhh  he's fired.  NEXT!!!
The Tree of Liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
- Thomas Jefferson

My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge...
- God

josh_sec33

BA Hogwild

The game of life is a lot like football. You have to tackle your fears,block out your problems,and score your points when you get your opportunity

kimjongsqUeAl

Quote from: Hawgndaaz on December 18, 2008, 10:21:08 am
from their board (surely this guy can't be serious?)

"That said, in what scenario does he keep his job? Maybe if the cabbie pulled a gun on him or some other improbable scenario, possibly, but you need to stop and consider a few things. Any racial issues are going to be magnified at Ole Miss. It's 100% unjustified and unfair, sure, but it's the way it is. He's one of our highest profile employees and when you're at that level, it's pretty hard to justify early morning hour brawls with cab drivers."

words from a desperate idiot.  Ole Mrs fans don't know what the hell to do now. This is great!  ;D
The Tree of Liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
- Thomas Jefferson

My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge...
- God

Fatman

I guess this brings new meaning to the term he is a "winner and a fighter""!!!!

Dwight_K_Shrute

At worst Kennedy will be suspended for today's game.  That's it.  Ole Miss will use the excuse that they will let the legal process work it out first.  They or Kennedy may also try to "settle" the matter with the cab drive in the civil arena.

According to the Cincinnati Enquirer, Kennedy has hired former Hamilton County prosecutor Mike Allen to represent him.

Allen entered a not guilty plea on Kennedy's behalf on Thursday morning and said Kennedy "emphatically denies this and emphatically denies making any racial slurs," according to the Enquirer.

dr_arkansawyer

He was out there fighting terrorism guys!  A great bball coach and homeland security enforcer.  What an american.  <<<<<drips with sarcasm
We need the iron qualities that go with true manhood. We need the positive virtues of resolution, of courage, of indomitable will, of power to do without shrinking the rough work that must always be done.

Theodore Roosevelt
1858-1919, Twenty-sixth President of the USA

nextlevel

This is going to kill recruiting, a 2 year pass is going to be needed for all the programs to overcome the laminated articles that will be sitting on the coffee tables in the homes.

/sarcasm
Quote from: GUVHOG on March 07, 2011, 11:26:42 am
I'll make a prediction: If BCG were to get the Tennessee job, Calipari will be fired from UK within 2 years because from the 2013-2014 season on, Tennessee will own the SEC East until BCG moves on or retires.

ell oh ell

Hawgrox

Quote from: chiefsfan on December 18, 2008, 10:10:53 am
http://olemiss.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=943&tid=119100017&mid=119100017&sid=1036&style=2

Some really backwards comments by rebel fans

Why are they on Pelphrey? How did they derail that thread to the point of attacking Broyles and Pelphrey? Those people are insane...

I will give the one dude credit for using the word "proclivity" in the correct context...didn't know they used that word in Mississippi.

Hawgndaaz

Quote from: nextlevel on December 18, 2008, 11:07:18 am
This is going to kill recruiting, a 2 year pass is going to be needed for all the programs to overcome the laminated articles that will be sitting on the coffee tables in the homes.

/sarcasm

I was just thinking, this is Nutt's scapegoat for having such a horrible recruiting class despite playing in the SEC. Just watch.

"I tell ya with all the rumors of hate and racism around our program, it will take a few years to bounce back on the recruiting trails. Just stay faithful to wildrebel and we'll be back in 2-3 years"

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: Hawgrox on December 18, 2008, 11:12:41 am

I will give the one dude credit for using the word "proclivity" in the correct context...didn't know they used that word in Mississippi.

They use it all the time.  They think it's the opposite of amateurclivity.

wholehog92

couldn't happen to a more deserving program.

OH yea.  He's a thug.
My personal list of trolls so that I can remember not to reply to them:  Pigs Been Fly, gohogsgo006, hanksampson, no3putts, HarryGoat, Oxbaker, Olmissbydamn, LocalHawg, Thatguy, Masterhog, servicesupport, Razorhawg09, Big Poppa Z,  $100 Handshake, Poloprince.

List of folks that reasonable conversation will not happen:  Iron Hog, Jman, hognot, Solomwi, hogfan1111x, pigzwillrise.

Favorite Posters:  WilsonHog, Tomhog, Muskogeehog, Razorfox, TammayTom, razorback3072, bennyl08.

Pigsknuckles

December 18, 2008, 11:48:39 am #45 Last Edit: December 18, 2008, 11:50:36 am by Pigsknuckles
Quote from: chiefsfan on December 18, 2008, 10:10:53 am
http://olemiss.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=943&tid=119100017&mid=119100017&sid=1036&style=2

Some really backwards comments by rebel fans

I just can't take my eyes off the woman who takes the express route to the basement. I'm ashamed, but I can't help but laugh. I guess that makes me as bad as some of the crackers posting on that board. These are the days that make an AD wish he had become a farmer.
"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

Dwight_K_Shrute

GBoling5000

I wonder two things:

1) Is Sexton going to somehow use this to parlay yet another raise for Nutty? (He deserves a raise to stay at such a backward school that is holding back his recruiting talent)

2) Is Nutty going to use this as an excuse to leave Ole Mrs. when he proves yet again that he can't coach?

Yoko Oinko

Andy should have called him a dog and thrown his shoes at him.
"Every time Pam Anderson and Paul McCartney go on a PETA crusade i am going to kill ten of something." - Ted Nugent

Table Rocker