Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Coach Dye talking about Nutt

Started by monty hawg, December 17, 2008, 02:45:34 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Speedracer

Quote from: monty hawg on December 17, 2008, 02:45:34 pm
Broyles said that must have Sexton saying that Auburn had offered Nutt $4,000,000.  Broyles said that Sexton did that to him about Nebraska and LSU.  Interesting discussion, but I am at work multi-tasking.  The interview should be online soon.  Don't have time to give a direct link but you can go to al.com and look for the link.

$4,000,000!! Whatever.  Have to think either Broyles was that slow or Sexton was that good.  Wow.
Like smites bother me.

WooPigFlowerMound

Quote from: OBReb on December 17, 2008, 05:11:47 pm

Just an FYI...Coach Nutt didn't just get himself a fat raise.  He also got raises for his entire coaching staff.  That evil bastard!!!

... including that "extra" coach encourager brother of his as well, I'm sure.

What's Danny been up to lately, by the way?  Didn't see him at the Egg Bowl.  Sad...

nextlevel

Quote from: WooPigFlowerMound on December 17, 2008, 06:08:24 pm
... including that "extra" coach encourager brother of his as well, I'm sure.

What's Danny been up to lately, by the way?  Didn't see him at the Egg Bowl.  Sad...

It probably involves; sprinkles, sonic, emails, and ice cream.
Quote from: GUVHOG on March 07, 2011, 11:26:42 am
I'll make a prediction: If BCG were to get the Tennessee job, Calipari will be fired from UK within 2 years because from the 2013-2014 season on, Tennessee will own the SEC East until BCG moves on or retires.

ell oh ell

MacHog19

Tell us OBReb,

Were you the smartarse kid who always got beat up on the playground because you didn't know when to shut up or just some freshman dork at Ole Miss who thinks that because he's enrolled in an introductory ab psych class in college he's intellectually superior to others? 

You're so clever.

Buff

Quote from: OBReb on December 17, 2008, 05:35:57 pm
I do believe that was a Houston Nutt accomplishment, now was it not?

But I thought he was an awful coach...if so, then why brag about his accomplishments???

Or maybe you're just the most bi-polar fanbase in the nation?

Well........

If you consider being the best out of a 6-team division 2 times over the last 10 years, only to lose those 2 SEC Championship games in miserable fashion, to be an accomplishment, then you Ole Miss folks must be on Cloud 9 with HDN. 

One of those trips was because Alabama was ineligible to go, and the other one was with 3 future-NFL players in the backfield, a WR who now starts at USC, and one of the league's best defenses.  In 2006, with all the talent on the offense, we managed to lose the last 3 games of the season.  And oddly enough, 2006 was the only year that we had a dynamic, new OC throwing new schemes and motion packages into the offense.....at least until that stuff all magically disappeared late in the season.  Yeah, with all the weapons we had that year, we didn't even get to go to a BCS game.  Please enjoy that man, and don't ever, EVER let him leave your school.

beachhawg

Dont believe what you hear.  Nutt was offered the job

jamie72921

Quote from: OBReb on December 17, 2008, 05:42:22 pm
Sorry...didn't realize the first time was under Coach Ford.

So Coach Nutt really had nothing to do with the last 2 SEC West Championships, right?

???

We only won the west once under Nutt.

We were the consolattion prize one year and won it outright in 2006.
Bless your heart

Kevin

unless players like mcfadden, f. jones, or m. jones falls into his lap.
yes he will take ole miss down.

the one trip to atlanta bama was ineligible.

blown out in his two trips to atlanta, plus a 2-7 bowl record, with loses to unlv and minnesota.

he will take you to great highs (upsets) then to great lows (loses to teams he shouldn't lose too)

plus, will burn redshirts for nothing.  casey dick played the last 4 games as a freshman, valdez played all of nine plays.

his program is in a constant fire drill.
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

jamie72921

Quote from: alphapi on December 17, 2008, 06:05:49 pm
Nutt can really only claim one outright SEC West title, being of course the 2006 season which is also the season he had God playing tailback.

As for the 2002 SEC West title, the Hogs got that one completely by default.  Did we all forget that the Alabama Crimson Tide went 10-2 and had the best conference record in the west but could not participate in post-season play due the Tide being slammed by the NCAA?  So, in reality, they finished second behind Alabama in 2002.

And to comment on the aforementioned 2006 West division title, I give all the credit to Darren McFadden and Felix Jones.

Just my observation.

I believe that both Dmac and Jones and Hillis played the next season as well. Losing 4 conference games.

It must have been more than them.
Bless your heart

Jphog

Why are we still talking about this goof ball.  We should just thank God he is gone and move on.

RazorBiker

You're happy....we're damed sure happy.  Peace.

Jphog

Quote from: WilsonHog on December 17, 2008, 06:00:51 pm
OMReb has been hurled through the door.

Why did you have to go and do that?  I was going to remind him we still lead them 29-25-1.  Oh well I'm sure he is reading this.

Choctaw Hog

Quote from: OBReb on December 17, 2008, 05:58:22 pm
Uh, Choctaw...in my very short time here, I've seen more avatars with the Confederate flag displayed in one form or another that on ANY Ole Miss board.

So don't go there.

What's the problem Reb?  Hit a sore spot?  Ole Piss is the team with a Rebel Mascot and has Col. Reb as the most recognised icon in the school's history.  Don't believe me?  Google Ole Miss images and 3 of the 1st 4 logos have your beloved Col. Reb.  So, I don't blame you for not want me to "go there".  LOL.  I wouldn't either if I were you.

Choctaw Hog

Quote from: Bailey on December 17, 2008, 06:30:25 pm
Dont believe what you hear.  Nutt was offered the job

Not according to Pat Dye today on the Paul Finebaum radio show today.  Who are your sources?

3dawghawg

OBReb - Are you really Danny or Houston?

DEVICEHIGH

Hillbilly? I prefer Appalachian American

cmc3030

hawgsav1

Quote from: OBReb on December 17, 2008, 05:19:41 pm
Observations for an abnormal psychology class...this website is gonna give me great material for one helluva dissertation!

Q: What do you get when drive slowly drive past Ole Piss?

A: A degree
Revenge is a dish best served cold. - Klingon Proverb

MountieDawg

http://capstonereport.com/?p=1583

There is the link to the written portion...   I love when DYE says Jacobs had way too much intergrity to ever want Houston Nutt at Auburn!!!!
SEC!

jmingram911

This is great!  OBReb likes to get in a pissing match. Yra, i forgot he was from Ole Piss.  Can't wait to see how long it takes him to start calling for HDN's head when Miss. St. starts beating them in the Egg Bowl and we beat them next year in Oxford.

silvertip

Quote from: nextlevel on December 17, 2008, 05:30:02 pm
3 trips to SEC championship game in Atlanta?

Please do list the THREE years that Nutt has gone to the SECCG---and I'm not talking about sitting in the bleachers.

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: Choctaw Hog on December 17, 2008, 05:49:34 pm
Know about which you write, Confederate.  Nutt responsible for taking Arkansas to the SEC Championship Game?

Once with Danny Ford's recruits with Danny Ford coaching.
Once by default (Alabama Probation)
Once because Gus Malzahn took a team that had a losing record from the previous year and although greatly handcuffed, injected enough into a very stale offense to get us the the SEC Championship Game.

Dream on about Ole Miss EVER going to the SEC Championship Game under Nutt.  Enjoy your most talented team ever under Nutt, thanks to Coach "O", because Nutt will soon have Ole Miss in their rightful place...towards the bottom of the SEC West.  You know it's true and that's what bothers you Rebels so much.  Now, get lost and go play on a Confederate Board where you can proudly display your Confederate Flag avatar.

Also, congrats on that great recruiting class Nutt had last year and the current one where Ole Miss is having this year raking in all those 2 star recruits.  Enough so to rocket the Rebels into the mid 30's ranking. LOL.

Uh, Nutt didn't go to the SECCG with Danny Ford's recruits, or are you giving Nutt credit for 1995?
[CENSORED]!

nextlevel

Quote from: silvertip on December 19, 2008, 01:26:39 pm
Please do list the THREE years that Nutt has gone to the SECCG---and I'm not talking about sitting in the bleachers.

You can't, it didn't happen, I know that.

Its funny for any ole miss fan to think they are superior then any other team in the west except maybe Mississippi state, which are equals, well maybe not since they have appeared in the SEC championship game. Delusional is the appropriate word for them.
I'll make a prediction: If BCG were to get the Tennessee job, Calipari will be fired from UK within 2 years because from the 2013-2014 season on, Tennessee will own the SEC East until BCG moves on or retires.

ell oh ell

hillhog

Quote from: judgeroyswine on December 17, 2008, 05:51:26 pm
I think he was comparing it to Ole Miss...you know, your sorry excuse for a team.

And yes, we lost the games, due to Captain Genius and his "one play away" gang of cohorts.
But Dork (aka "just one play away, just so close") leads the nation in Moral Championships. 

nextlevel

Quote from: hillhog on December 19, 2008, 02:15:24 pm
But Dork (aka "just one play away, just so close") leads the nation in Moral Championships. 

Does Josten's have a ring for that?

ell oh ell

Sivad

Quote from: monty hawg on December 17, 2008, 02:45:34 pm
He said that Auburn never had any interest in Nutt, he wasn't even on the radar.  Said with all of the baggage Nutt had with his time at Arkansas, Auburn didn't want Nutt. 
Nutt's personal, family and professional "baggage" would sink a container ship.

hoggystyle78

Nutt's a POS and Auburn had enough sense to know that.