Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Coach Dye talking about Nutt

Started by monty hawg, December 17, 2008, 02:45:34 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

monty hawg

Coach Pat Dye is on the Finebaum show talking about Auburn hiring their new coach.  He said that Auburn never had any interest in Nutt, he wasn't even on the radar.  Said with all of the baggage Nutt had with his time at Arkansas, Auburn didn't want Nutt.  Dye called Broyles about Nutt and when Dye told Broyles that Auburn had not talked to Nutt, Broyles said that must have Sexton saying that Auburn had offered Nutt $4,000,000.  Broyles said that Sexton did that to him about Nebraska and LSU.  Interesting discussion, but I am at work multi-tasking.  The interview should be online soon.  Don't have time to give a direct link but you can go to al.com and look for the link.

DeltaBoy

I knew Sexton was behind it all to get nuttsack a raise at Ole piss.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

cdclark09

No surprise here.  I think many of us assumed that was what was happening anyway.

opineonswine

Why can't be!!! He's a legend in his own mind. 

Tusks

you know, I am all for capitalism and a free market......I'm also all for a person doing their job very well and being handsomely compensated for it.

However...Sexton is a snake and I don't like how he plays.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

cdclark09

Quote from: nutted on December 17, 2008, 02:52:01 pm
you know, I am all for capitalism and a free market......I'm also all for a person doing their job very well and being handsomely compensated for it.

I wish he was my agent though.

wholehog92

I could use him as well.  I think he could sell salad dressing to polar bears getting Nutt a job at an SEC school is an impressive accomplishment.  Getting him two jobs in the SEC is miraculous.

Quote from: cdclark09 on December 17, 2008, 02:53:35 pm
I wish he was my agent though.
My personal list of trolls so that I can remember not to reply to them:  Pigs Been Fly, gohogsgo006, hanksampson, no3putts, HarryGoat, Oxbaker, Olmissbydamn, LocalHawg, Thatguy, Masterhog, servicesupport, Razorhawg09, Big Poppa Z,  $100 Handshake, Poloprince.

List of folks that reasonable conversation will not happen:  Iron Hog, Jman, hognot, Solomwi, hogfan1111x, pigzwillrise.

Favorite Posters:  WilsonHog, Tomhog, Muskogeehog, Razorfox, TammayTom, razorback3072, bennyl08.

hogcoots

Agents work for their client.  His job is to get the best deal for the client.  He could give two hoots in hades for the betterment of any athletic program whether Arkansas, Old Mrs. or Awburn.  Athletic Directors are paid to better their respective programs.  Sounds like Frank and the Old Mrs. Athletic Directors were duped by the tactics of Sexton and he got a better deal from each of these institutions for his client, MOTHO.

hawgsav1

Quote from: wholehog92 on December 17, 2008, 03:04:46 pm
I could use him as well.  I think he could sell salad dressing to polar bears getting Nutt a job at an SEC school is an impressive accomplishment.  Getting him two jobs in the SEC is miraculous.

Can't be that hard to sell salad dressing to polar bears.  Gotta have something to make all that seal meat taste good. 
Revenge is a dish best served cold. - Klingon Proverb

cdclark09

Why doesn't anyone like the big time agents?  Scott Boras and Drew Rosenhaus are hated too. They just do their job really well.  What's to hate?

wholehog92

Quote from: hawgsav1 on December 17, 2008, 03:08:12 pm
Can't be that hard to sell salad dressing to polar bears.  Gotta have something to make all that seal meat taste good. 

Everything tastes better with ranch I guess.
My personal list of trolls so that I can remember not to reply to them:  Pigs Been Fly, gohogsgo006, hanksampson, no3putts, HarryGoat, Oxbaker, Olmissbydamn, LocalHawg, Thatguy, Masterhog, servicesupport, Razorhawg09, Big Poppa Z,  $100 Handshake, Poloprince.

List of folks that reasonable conversation will not happen:  Iron Hog, Jman, hognot, Solomwi, hogfan1111x, pigzwillrise.

Favorite Posters:  WilsonHog, Tomhog, Muskogeehog, Razorfox, TammayTom, razorback3072, bennyl08.

wholehog92

Quote from: cdclark09 on December 17, 2008, 03:10:30 pm
Why doesn't anyone like the big time agents?  Scott Boras and Drew Rosenhaus are hated too. They just do their job really well.  What's to hate?

I aint hatin, I'm hirin.

k.c.hawg

These Universities ought to put a bluff clause into contracts....if you come to us telling us you have another offer and you want a 500k raise....and we call your bluff....and you don't leave....we win the hand and get to cut your pay 500k.
Nutt could end up coaching for 200k a year by the 3rd year of his deal.
Just sitting on the deck with a cold beer and a hot tequila watching the razorbacks roam.

aristotle

HDN has turned down more jobs he was never considered for than anyone in America.

OTTER

Quote from: aristotle on December 17, 2008, 03:20:24 pm
HDN has turned down more jobs he was never considered for than anyone in America.
So it is written, so shall it be!!  If I was an Ole Miss fan----I'd be an ex-Ole Miss fan till Nutty left.
BE AFRAID!!  Be very, very afraid!  The Hogs are hungry and you look a lot like lunch!

Simple Swineman

Quote from: monty hawg on December 17, 2008, 02:45:34 pm
Coach Pat Dye is on the Finebaum show talking about Auburn hiring their new coach.  He said that Auburn never had any interest in Nutt, he wasn't even on the radar.  Said with all of the baggage Nutt had with his time at Arkansas, Auburn didn't want Nutt.  Dye called Broyles about Nutt and when Dye told Broyles that Auburn had not talked to Nutt, Broyles said that must have Sexton saying that Auburn had offered Nutt $4,000,000.  Broyles said that Sexton did that to him about Nebraska and LSU.  Interesting discussion, but I am at work multi-tasking.  The interview should be online soon.  Don't have time to give a direct link but you can go to al.com and look for the link.

Sexton's ethics can no doubt be questioned and I wouldn't trust him as far as I could throw him, but the Nebraska thing was not a Sexton trick. Nebraska very much wanted Nutt. The plane was here to pick him up.

davehog

Every raise that Sexton gets for the Ole Miss coach is good because it diminishes their already small budget even further.  OM has a limit to their resources.

kimjongsqUeAl

All about the Benjamin$ baby!  The All Mighty Dollar.
The Tree of Liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
- Thomas Jefferson

My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge...
- God

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: monty hawg on December 17, 2008, 02:45:34 pm

Wowee.  Love the Broyles connection there.
[CENSORED]!

dr_arkansawyer

We need the iron qualities that go with true manhood. We need the positive virtues of resolution, of courage, of indomitable will, of power to do without shrinking the rough work that must always be done.

Theodore Roosevelt
1858-1919, Twenty-sixth President of the USA

3kgthog

Don't blame Sexton. Blame the idiot ADs that keep falling for his b.s. Ole Miss got what they deserved for believing that Auburn wanted his idiot client. If these people would look at the man's history then they'd finally wake up.

Someone please call his bluff and keep your money. Nutt isn't going anywhere. No one else is going to want him except bottom feeders.

Blue35

Quote from: OBReb on December 17, 2008, 05:11:47 pm
Just an FYI...Coach Nutt didn't just get himself a fat raise.  He also got raises for his entire coaching staff.  That evil bastard!!!

Yeah, yeah...I know...Nutt will run Ole Miss into the ground, he'll be gone in a couple of years, blah, blah, blah, yadda, yadda, yadda.  Heard it all before.

So save it for someone who gives a crap, OK?
Why are you here?

Chief Mac

Just an FYI...Coach Nutt didn't just get himself a fat raise.  He also got raises for his entire coaching staff.  That evil bastard!!!

Yeah, yeah...I know...Nutt will run Ole Miss into the ground, he'll be gone in a couple of years, blah, blah, blah, yadda, yadda, yadda.  Heard it all before.

You do realize that you are on an ARKANSAS board and a VERY ANTI-TCTWF (NUTT FOR YOU) board?

How about this....save your crap for a board that gives a damn?
"We spend two hundred and fifty billion dollars a year on defense and here we are....the fate of the planet in the hands of a bunch of retards I wouldn't trust with a potato gun!

redbarn

Does OBReb stand for Obese Rebel......................Just wondering.
"I'm against the constitutionality of marriage in any way, shape, or form.  You may quote me......."  Rev Jerry Falwell

Maverick Razorback

piss on you
IF YOU AINT FIRST...YOUR LAST!!

One of Arkansas last lowriders.

DMACStillRunnin

Quote from: OBReb on December 17, 2008, 05:19:41 pm
Observations for an abnormal psychology class...this website is gonna give me great material for one helluva dissertation!

LOL
Mark Ingram winning the Heisman truly confirms how much of a sham it was for Darren McFadden to be jobbed two years in a row.

nextlevel

Quote from: GUVHOG on March 07, 2011, 11:26:42 am
I'll make a prediction: If BCG were to get the Tennessee job, Calipari will be fired from UK within 2 years because from the 2013-2014 season on, Tennessee will own the SEC East until BCG moves on or retires.

ell oh ell

Choctaw Hog

judgeroyswine

Quote from: OBReb on December 17, 2008, 05:28:07 pm
23-21.

Enjoy it.  It all ends soon enough.

Oh yes, and when all of a sudden you realize the nuts on here are sane (once HDN does his act at Ole Miss), we'll be glad to accept your apology and welcome you into reality.
Overcoming the gloom, despair, and agony of Hog fandom since 1961.

nextlevel

Quote from: OBReb on December 17, 2008, 05:35:57 pm
I do believe that was a Houston Nutt accomplishment, now was it not?

But I thought he was an awful coach...if so, then why brag about his accomplishments???

Or maybe you're just the most bi-polar fanbase in the nation?

It has been done by two different coaches, nice try it is a Arkansas Razorbacks accomplishment.
I'll make a prediction: If BCG were to get the Tennessee job, Calipari will be fired from UK within 2 years because from the 2013-2014 season on, Tennessee will own the SEC East until BCG moves on or retires.

ell oh ell

HogwildinMonroe

No it was not a Nutt accomplishment.  The first trip was made by a Danny Ford coached team.

demonHOG1013

But I thought he was an awful coach...if so, then why brag about his accomplishments???

hogs got to atlanta under danny ford too

nextlevel

Quote from: OBReb on December 17, 2008, 05:39:27 pm
Do you pig fans have a Microsoft Word document titled "Stupid crap about Houston Nutt" that you copy and paste from when you post here? 

We KNOW more about our program then you THINK you know.

ell oh ell

nextlevel

Quote from: OBReb on December 17, 2008, 05:42:22 pm
Sorry...didn't realize the first time was under Coach Ford.

So Coach Nutt really had nothing to do with the last 2 SEC West Championships, right?

???

This give out rings for a 2nd place SEC finish?

ell oh ell

judgeroyswine

So Coach Nutt really had nothing to do with the last 2 SEC West Championships, right?

???

Yes he did.  He insured we lost them.

Gonzo

Quote from: OBReb on December 17, 2008, 05:28:07 pm
23-21.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!     You're bragging about the most talented Ole Piss team in years (Coach O's team) barely hanging on to beat the worst Hog team in years (NumbNutt's team) with the aid of an absolutely horrible offensive PI call?  HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!     You truly do belong to Ole Piss. Got one win not expected, but lost three they shouldn't have. Classic NumbNutt.    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

Man, I SSOOOOOO hope y'all keep him around for a long, long time.      HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Go Hogs!

redbarn

???

Nutt was there but was busy texting.
"I'm against the constitutionality of marriage in any way, shape, or form.  You may quote me......."  Rev Jerry Falwell

nextlevel

In 2002 UA finished second in the west holding tie breakers over Auburn and LSU, but went to Atlanta due to Bama being on Probation.

06 has been discussed, dissected, rediscussed over and over.

ell oh ell

huntindoc

Back on topic from the Obese Reb interruption.....you guys do realize that message boards/internet sites were used by Sexton to create this illusion of an Aubie offer don't you?  Wonder what Jimmy's Hogville handle is ;D

hd

razorzapp

Quote from: OBReb on December 17, 2008, 05:39:27 pm
Do you pig fans have a Microsoft Word document titled "Stupid crap about Houston Nutt" that you copy and paste from when you post here? 

OBReb one day you are going to feel like letting go of that rope.  Show some heart and hang on to it, OK?

Choctaw Hog

December 17, 2008, 05:49:34 pm #41 Last Edit: December 17, 2008, 08:11:41 pm by Choctaw Hog

Know about which you write, Confederate.  Nutt responsible for taking Arkansas to the SEC Championship Game?

Once with Danny Ford's recruits with Danny Ford coaching.
Once by default (Alabama Probation)
Once because Gus Malzahn took a team that had a losing record from the previous year and although greatly handcuffed, injected enough into a very stale offense to get us the the SEC Championship Game.

Dream on about Ole Miss EVER going to the SEC Championship Game under Nutt.  Enjoy your most talented team ever under Nutt, thanks to Coach "O", because Nutt will soon have Ole Miss in their rightful place...towards the bottom of the SEC West.  You know it's true and that's what bothers you Rebels so much.  Now, get lost and go play on a Confederate Board where you can proudly display your Confederate Flag avatar.

Also, congrats on that great recruiting class Nutt had last year and the current one where Ole Miss is having this year raking in all those 2 star recruits.  Enough so to rocket the Rebels into the mid 30's ranking. LOL.

judgeroyswine

Quote from: OBReb on December 17, 2008, 05:47:13 pm
Really?  So you LOST your SEC West championships?

But another poster was bragging about them.

Piggies, you can't have it both ways.

I think he was comparing it to Ole Miss...you know, your sorry excuse for a team.

And yes, we lost the games, due to Captain Genius and his "one play away" gang of cohorts.

Kenny Dowell Loggains

nextlevel

Once with Danny Ford's recruits.
Nutt only went twice, once outright so he's equal with Danny Ford.

98 He followed up the tenner loss with a loss to Miss state giving them the tie breaker sending them to Atlanta, where they lost to Tenn.

I missed where Ole Miss has ever been, they must have if they are going to come here and talk smack about how superior their program is.

Arkansas 13 conference championships last in 1989
Ole Miss 6 conference championships last in 1963

ell oh ell

WilsonHog

OMReb has been hurled through the door.

judgeroyswine

nextlevel

Quote from: WilsonHog on December 17, 2008, 06:00:51 pm
OMReb has been hurled through the door.

I guess he "shouldn't have went there" ;D

ell oh ell

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: k.c.hawg on December 17, 2008, 03:15:18 pm
These Universities ought to put a bluff clause into contracts....if you come to us telling us you have another offer and you want a 500k raise....and we call your bluff....and you don't leave....we win the hand and get to cut your pay 500k.
Nutt could end up coaching for 200k a year by the 3rd year of his deal.
If I was the AD at Ole Miss, I would have told Nutt that as soon as you beat Vandy and SC, we'll raise you $1 million a year. And if you have an offer from Auburn that you can't afford to refuse, then we'll see you next year in Auburn on the other side of the field.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

alphapi

???
Nutt can really only claim one outright SEC West title, being of course the 2006 season which is also the season he had God playing tailback.

As for the 2002 SEC West title, the Hogs got that one completely by default.  Did we all forget that the Alabama Crimson Tide went 10-2 and had the best conference record in the west but could not participate in post-season play due the Tide being slammed by the NCAA?  So, in reality, they finished second behind Alabama in 2002.

And to comment on the aforementioned 2006 West division title, I give all the credit to Darren McFadden and Felix Jones.

Just my observation.