Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Razorback coaches spotted in mississippi!!!.....yes!

Started by Southpointhog, December 17, 2008, 07:44:33 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Dances With Hogs

Olive Branch is a football hot bed.
Quote from: Choctaw Hog on December 17, 2008, 08:26:13 am
I've been in and around Olive Branch many, many times and just from the shirts and hats I saw people wearing and the licensed product I saw in the stores, I certainly wouldn't call Olive Branch an Ole Miss bastion.  Far from it.  I saw more Tennessee, Alabama and Auburn gear a lot more than I ever saw Ole Miss gear. 

I absolutely believe we can get 2-3 top notch players out of N. Mississippi each year and I'm thrilled we finally have a coaching staff who thinks that way as well.  BP and staff are recruiting maching!

COCHISE

Quote from: RunnerHog on December 17, 2008, 11:32:11 am
Going to be? You are living the Nutt life. Nutt never was on kids when they were sophs and juniors. He waited to long and never had a chance.  We will get this kid, hide and watch.
Yes.  Going to be.  He's not being recruited by every major program yet.  Moron.

T Joe

Quote from: lugz on December 17, 2008, 02:18:46 pm
Perhaps they are being challenged to a degree they are not used to, or it's a personality thing like Bobby P ran into in Atlanta.

Providing that Jonathan wants to play on Sunday, I'd love to see him get that chance.

As neither you, I, or any Razorback players know what happened in the Falcon situation, let's not speculate.

I hope that the greater challenges JL faced from this coaching staff will have better prepared him for what he will face everyday in a league where NFL stands all too often as Not For Long.

Here's my sincere wish of a LONG and successful career on Sunday.

All_Hogs

Always wondered why Nutt never crossed the Mississippi River.  There are some big corn-fed football players here.  Once he gets a pipeline open, he should be able to get a few MS 'Dandy Dozen' players to be Hogs.

kgr

Build a fence and then go raid the other states.  Sounds great.
What have we learned in 2,064 years?

"The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to
work,  instead of living on public assistance."
                                                               -
Cicero   - 55 BC

So,   evidently nothing.

OBReb

Quote from: OBHOG on December 17, 2008, 07:44:33 am
I have been a coach here at Olive Branch High in north Mississippi for the past four years.  We are a regional power that sends at least three kids a year to D-1.  This year we have five that will sign at this level.

This year is the first year that a hog coach has stepped on campus.  Nutt would not come here or any of his coaches either.

Coach Summers and Williams (OL-LB coaches) were here for about 4 hours looking at one of our backs and the top OL in the state.  He first was a Tenn commit but has backed off and is concidering the hogs and vols.  We have a great chance to get this kid....over 50% I say!

I asked the coaches if they are going to be recruiting this area again and they both said "there is no reason why we can't get at least two kids a year from Miss" and "we will out recruit Ole miss". 

Awsome!!!!  I love to see this type of get the best kids mentality with CBP and staff. 

As most of us know....the future is damn bright!

Hey, OBHOG...shouldn't you have been administering semester exams to your students right about the time you started this thread?  I don't think Brigance, Murphy, or Killough (you know how she likes to just pop into classes spontaneously...being the overly-zealous new administrator that she is) would have been very happy if they found that you weren't properly supervising your students during semester exams!  Fortunately, you don't have to worry too much about the possibility of having a "blitz" on an exam day.

:o

10thPlanet

Hey OBReb, how do you like Nutt manipulating you guys for a raise with the Auburn opening? Get used to him pimping himself out on you guys every year or so. It really helps recruiting, while he waits on raises, and contract extensions. According to Pat Dye he was never even on the radar. Nutt has some NEW suckers! I got banned from your crappy Reb site for saying Nutt is going to throw his name out for a raise two days before he did it.  You Rebs scared of the truth?

OBReb

Oh, I just LOVE IT!!!!   It gives our rich, non-poultry producing, non-blue Walmart vest wearing alums something worthwhile to do with their money!!

10thPlanet

Quote from: OBReb on December 17, 2008, 05:15:47 pm
Oh, I just LOVE IT!!!!   It gives our rich, non-poultry producing, non-blue Walmart vest wearing alums something worthwhile to do with their money!!
Oh, you mean your plantation owners family money, that used slave labor to become rich.

OBReb

Quote from: dkwvike on December 17, 2008, 05:21:00 pm
Oh, you mean your plantation owners family money, that used slave labor to become rich.

Now little piggy...do you REALLY want to go there?

We all know, of course, that there were NO slaves in Arky!

*sarcasm off*

Seconds

Quote from: OBReb on December 17, 2008, 05:24:42 pm
Now little piggy...do you REALLY want to go there?

We all know, of course, that there were NO slaves in Arky!

*sarcasm off*

Hey Wayne....You got your dynamite stick handy? We need to float a rotten fish up in this bish!
Quote from: Albert Einswine on March 20, 2009, 03:37:25 pm
I believe that Obama could set an orphanage on fire and spray down the children with gasoline as they ran to escape it and you and Veritas would praise him for the beauty and quality of the fire.

dhornjr1

Enjoy underachieving with Nutt. With the talent that Orgeron left behind, Ole Miss should have been 10-2 or 11-1 this year. and they will continue to be good until Orgeron's recruits are gone.

In about five years, almost all Ole Miss fans will want the bastard gone and the only way to get him out will be to use your "non-poultry, non-blue Wal-Mart vest wearing" money to pay him to leave

OBReb

Yeah...taking a team from 3-9/0-8 to 8-4/5-3 certainly was an underachievement.

jgphillips3

Gotta love it.  For the first time in years, I truly believe we ARE building a National Championship type team because we are doing all the things you have to do to get there.  Thank you again Coach Petrino.

Cassperr

that team was already setup for a good season, he had nothing to do with it.
Show me a guy whos afraid to look bad, and I'll show you a guy you can beat every time.

hoghearted

It really is this simple. Unchecked government power leads to corruption, and lack of accountability for it is drastically eroding confidence in our institutions.    aristotle

donewithdale

Quote from: OBReb on December 17, 2008, 05:49:34 pm

So you believe your team, which is full of future NFL talent, should have lost to Wake Forest, Vandy and S Carolina all 3?  The record improved from season to season.  That doesn't mean your Rebs accomplished what they should have.  Also, you fail to mention the fact you had a talented qb fall into your laps who wasn't eligible last season.  Flame on back to those Nutt 'friendly' boards. 

Divot

So which one is OBReb?  My guess is the one on the far right.

dhornjr1

Look at all the players in the NFL who played for Nutt his last five years at Arkansas and tell me he didn't underachieve at Arkansas.

Jason Peters - All-Pro left tackle, Buffalo Bills
Shawn Andrews - All-Pro guard, Philadelphia Eagles
George Wilson - Starting safety, Buffalo Bills
Darren McFadden - 'Nuff said
Felix Jones - First round pick, Dallas Cowboys
Tony Ugoh - Starting left tackle, Indianapolis Colts
Peyton Hillis - Starting fullback, Denver Broncos
Jonathan Luigs - Rimington Award winner, future NFL pick
Jamaal Anderson - Starting Defensive End, Atlanta Falcons
Chris Houston - Cornerback, Atlanta Falcons
Marcus Harrison - Defensive Tackle, Chicago Bears

There are more, but this will get you started.

Wayne Watson

Quote from: dhornjr1 on December 17, 2008, 06:55:03 pm
Look at all the players in the NFL who played for Nutt his last five years at Arkansas and tell me he didn't underachieve at Arkansas.

Jason Peters - All-Pro left tackle, Buffalo Bills
Shawn Andrews - All-Pro guard, Philadelphia Eagles
George Wilson - Starting safety, Buffalo Bills
Darren McFadden - 'Nuff said
Felix Jones - First round pick, Dallas Cowboys
Tony Ugoh - Starting left tackle, Indianapolis Colts
Peyton Hillis - Starting fullback, Denver Broncos
Jonathan Luigs - Rimington Award winner, future NFL pick
Jamaal Anderson - Starting Defensive End, Atlanta Falcons
Chris Houston - Cornerback, Atlanta Falcons
Marcus Harrison - Defensive Tackle, Chicago Bears

There are more, but this will get you started.

No kidding.  And no SEC title and no BCS?  Damn.
Take a look at http://gridironhistory.com/
IF YOU DON'T TAILGATE WITH HOGVILLE...YOU HAVEN'T BEEN TO A TAILGATE!
Check out www.fearlessfriday.com
We don't rent pigs

jkelly107

OBHOG Thanks for the info. Was wondering if you knew if Dale's in Southaven is still there it is on stateline. I will be heading that way next week.

LJHOG

moley_russells_wart_hog

Quote from: wayne1958 on December 17, 2008, 06:58:44 pm
No kidding.  And no SEC title and no BCS?  Damn.

hey we did finish in the top 25 once...... i think??

olivebranchhog

December 17, 2008, 10:19:13 pm #74 Last Edit: December 17, 2008, 10:26:33 pm by olivebranchhog
hey OBhog, I went to Olive Branch High for my freshman-junior year and played there. Which coach are you cuz i remember being just about the only hog fan there?
Sometimes it takes a loss to make us realize what's really important

Porkette

Thanks for the good info.  :)  :razorback:

This is the kind of inside stuff that makes message boards fun.
GO HOGS GO!

Olive_Branch_Hog

Quote from: jkelly107 on December 17, 2008, 07:32:12 pm
OBHOG Thanks for the info. Was wondering if you knew if Dale's in Southaven is still there it is on stateline. I will be heading that way next week.

Not OBhog, but to answer your question: Yes, Dale's is still there on Stateline Rd. and it is still the best restaurant in DeSoto County!

Olive_Branch_Hog

Quote from: olivebranchhog on December 17, 2008, 10:19:13 pm
hey OBhog, I went to Olive Branch High for my freshman-junior year and played there. Which coach are you cuz i remember being just about the only hog fan there?

There have been at least 5 hog fans in Olive Branch for over 35 years.

Smithian

Quote from: OBReb on December 17, 2008, 05:15:47 pm
Oh, I just LOVE IT!!!!   It gives our rich, non-poultry producing, non-blue Walmart vest wearing alums something worthwhile to do with their money!!
Want to have a pissing match about rich program supporters?

Lets go. I raise you John Tyson, Bud Walton, Alice Walton, Jerry Jones, Jim Lindsey, Bill Clinton, the late William T. Dillard, and the late Jack T. Stephens.

Please, respond with something better. I dare you.

stronguard

I'm glad we have a staff that tries.  It makes succeeding so much easier.

I'm also glad to hear that Arkansas has a connection to a place in MS that produces 3 to 5 D1 prospects per year.  Thank you coach OBHOG.
If you don't know, now you know.

Chief Idiot of the Tavern

"Woke" is a term made up by people who have appointed themselves as intellectually superior as a way to describe themselves in comparison with those whom they deem ignorant.

RunnerHog

Quote from: golfer_fore_life on December 17, 2008, 06:54:03 pm
So which one is OBReb?  My guess is the one on the far right.

Is that Nutt with his 09 recruiting class?

Southpointhog

I know who exactly who OBREB is and it is a sad shame you do not come out and say who you are.

I have...you just have to look at the school web site to figure that out.

I am not recruiting here at all.....I am just very excited about seeing the hog coaches here.  Before this and after this I will not and have not approached any kids about going to Arkansas.  They have come and talked to me.  They have enough pressure with out a coach or teacher getting in their ear.

The back that the hogs are looking at is Bates and the CB is Cowen.  Good athletes. 

Dales is still open!  Great place to eat. 

Bubba's Bruisers

I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

GolfnHog

Quote from: RunnerHog on December 18, 2008, 12:45:07 am

No, just the candiates for his next "text messaging mistress".
Have you ever listened to someone  or read what they put into thoughts and wondered...."who ties your shoelaces for you?"

The Sasquatch

Quote from: OBHOG on December 18, 2008, 08:14:16 am
I know who exactly who OBREB is and it is a sad shame you do not come out and say who you are.

No, you don't.

centarkswine

Quote from: jgphillips3 on December 17, 2008, 05:56:00 pm
Gotta love it.  For the first time in years, I truly believe we ARE building a National Championship type team because we are doing all the things you have to do to get there.  Thank you again Coach Petrino.

Absolutely.

olivebranchhog

Quote from: Olive_Branch_Hog on December 18, 2008, 12:06:09 am
There have been at least 5 hog fans in Olive Branch for over 35 years.

Not on the football team

olivebranchhog

Quote from: OBHOG on December 18, 2008, 08:14:16 am

I have...you just have to look at the school web site to figure that out.

I am not recruiting here at all.....I am just very excited about seeing the hog coaches here.  Before this and after this I will not and have not approached any kids about going to Arkansas.  They have come and talked to me.  They have enough pressure with out a coach or teacher getting in their ear.

The back that the hogs are looking at is Bates and the CB is Cowen.  Good athletes. 

Dales is still open!  Great place to eat. 

got an idea of who u are but wont say it just yet.
Keshun is a beast and can play many different positions, just get him in a position to make a play and he will make it.
I left a year before Bates came in so I dont personally know about him besides from my friends saying he could be even stronger than jeremy longstreet or Marlon Walls. If this is true, the kid is a stud.

Kenny Hawgins

Quote from: RunnerHog on December 18, 2008, 12:45:07 am
no give him a break.  in fairness, those women challenged him to a wet t-shirt contest and he's convinced he has better tits than any of them.  look at that face.  he looks like a kid that just got a brand new text message machine cell phone for christmas.
Twirling round with this familiar parable
Spinning, weaving round each new experience

longtimeHogfan

I don't like to plan my day because then the word premeditated comes into the conversation.

Sivad

Quote from: ddean5 on December 17, 2008, 02:37:16 pm
Always wondered why Nutt never crossed the Mississippi River. 
Always thought Nutt was just too dumb to recognize talented recruits.
He certainly IS dumb, but it is real obvious that Nutt, despite being paid millions, was and is, just too damn LAZY to do the work necessary to effectively recruit.

Team Oklahoma

Dances With Hogs

Quote from: OBReb on December 17, 2008, 05:49:34 pm
He just told you Reb, you have the other man's recruits now, so go for it, by the way you just barely beat my hogs on their worst down year. Great coach, ask him how Donna is doing.

Oklahawg

I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

LJHOG

What are y'all sayin' here?  There ain't gonna be no fence around Mississippi!  Dem fences must a might hard to construct.

deshahawg

That's great to hear. I lived in Olive Branch for nearly two years.

Horkus Porkus

Justifiable Hogicide

December 21, 2008, 06:58:10 pm #97 Last Edit: December 21, 2008, 06:59:52 pm by Justifiable Hogicide
Hooter Nutt could not effectively recruit at Arkansas with a massive recruiting budget, facilities and an entire state behind him.
He will scrape the bottom of the barrel at OM.

rangertaunton

uhh dean? im pretty sure we dont want nutt to get anybody for us...nutt now coaches at ole miss
Always wondered why Nutt never crossed the Mississippi River.  There are some big corn-fed football players here.  Once he gets a pipeline open, he should be able to get a few MS 'Dandy Dozen' players to be Hogs.
Mess with the boar,get the tusks!!!

Kenny Hawgins

Quote from: Justifiable Hogicide on December 21, 2008, 06:58:10 pm
Hooter Nutt could not effectively recruit at Arkansas with a massive recruiting budget, facilities and an entire state behind him.
He will scrape the bottom of the barrel at OM.
that massive recruiting budget was depleted by nutt taking the coaching staff to michael jordan basketball camp.  might not have helped get recruits but shibest could nail 3-pointers all day and recruiting is overrated. 
Twirling round with this familiar parable
Spinning, weaving round each new experience