Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sir Charles and Auburn

Started by 10thPlanet, December 15, 2008, 11:21:10 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

donewithdale

Quote from: AKHogsHoopsFan on December 17, 2008, 07:24:30 pm
Gill was QB's coach at Nebraska from 1992-2003, then coached WR's at Nebraska in 2004.  That period of time included THREE national championships.  He went to the Packers the following year.

Gill was responsible for bringing a kid from south Florida to Nebraska, someone who ultimately won the national title.  His name?  Tommie Frazier.  He also coached a Heisman winner named Eric Crouch.

A simple google search would have prevented you from making a total fool out of yourself.  At any rate, Gill had more experience as a head coach, and had measurable results as well.  Chizik has absolutely NONE!

Thanks for the NU history lesson.  I've never heard of Frazier or Crouch lol.  So I should have googled and found out who they are?  OK

How does Gill being a position coach in a great program put him "head and shoulders" above Chizik who was a coordinator for 2 good/great programs?  One successful season in the MAC?  I guess I'll have to say it again, I'm not saying AU made the right choice or a great hire.  But 'head and shoulders'?