Previous topic - Next topic

UhOhioHog

Cotton on the T-Jack plan.

Ride Nutt's bench.
Transfer to FCS school.
Become Starting NFL QB.

Cotton in Mississippi, who knew?

Abominable Hillbilly

Why are we even looking at another qb for, especially a duel threat.  That ain't bp's style.  We have Mallet, Dick, Wilson, and now Secord coming in.  It will not be a loss at all if he doesn't come.  Lets just focus on Defense now, with the exception of Wingo Jr.
"The old man was a good man he raised his children right, taught us how to work hard and showed us how to fight, told us about the good lord and how to use a gun, made me very proud of where it is that I came from"  ***BLACKBERRY SMOKE***

jry04

Quote from: Abominable Hillbilly on December 16, 2008, 03:21:32 pm
Why are we even looking at another qb for, especially a duel threat.  That ain't bp's style.  We have Mallet, Dick, Wilson, and now Secord coming in.  It will not be a loss at all if he doesn't come.  Lets just focus on Defense now, with the exception of Wingo Jr.
Unless I am mistaken, Nathan is gone. Pretty sure he got his release from his scholarship.

hog_fan

I bet Youngblood ends up sticking to baseball. We could lose two in one year and have a freshman as 3rd team.

cosmodrum

Quote from: Kenny Hawgins on December 16, 2008, 01:23:26 am
lol so a presidential candidate making the statement that there are 57 states is an example of competence???  HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

The fact that you still think that he believes there are 57 states speaks volumes of YOUR competence. Hell, my 2 yr old daughter could tell you ther are 50 states. It was a slip of the tongue. No more, no less.

Oh, and to discuss the actual topic of the thread, do we really care that Hootie is going to work his magic on some QB that will go to Ole Piss? This the same cushy situation Dale walked into when he walked into Fayetteville - inherits a good QB, will get all the mileage he can out of him, said QB leaves, and with him, the last solid QB play the school will see while Nutt is their coach.
Go away, batin'

donewithdale

Quote from: hog_fan on December 16, 2008, 03:28:39 pm
I bet Youngblood ends up sticking to baseball. We could lose two in one year and have a freshman as 3rd team.

I don't even consider him as part of the depth chart. 

Hogs4Ever

Quote from: rsvl_hogfan4 on December 16, 2008, 03:26:40 pm
Unless I am mistaken, Nathan is gone. Pretty sure he got his release from his scholarship.

When did that happen???  There was a thread in MMQB just a few days ago confirming that Nathan was staying.

wholehog92

Quote from: Hogs4Ever on December 16, 2008, 03:51:33 pm
When did that happen???  There was a thread in MMQB just a few days ago confirming that Nathan was staying.

X2 The last I heard he had considered it and decided to stay.
My personal list of trolls so that I can remember not to reply to them:  Pigs Been Fly, gohogsgo006, hanksampson, no3putts, HarryGoat, Oxbaker, Olmissbydamn, LocalHawg, Thatguy, Masterhog, servicesupport, Razorhawg09, Big Poppa Z,  $100 Handshake, Poloprince.

List of folks that reasonable conversation will not happen:  Iron Hog, Jman, hognot, Solomwi, hogfan1111x, pigzwillrise.

Favorite Posters:  WilsonHog, Tomhog, Muskogeehog, Razorfox, TammayTom, razorback3072, bennyl08.

LJHOG

I truely believe that with all recruits including Cotton, if we get the last visit, we'll get the committment.
That's what worries me about Mackey visiting VT last.  His family is pushing them as I understand it.  Close to home and all that.

GuvHog

Quote from: rsvl_hogfan4 on December 16, 2008, 03:26:40 pm

You are truely mistaken. Nathan Dick has decided to stay at Arkansas.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Pistol Pete

Quote from: LJHOG on December 15, 2008, 11:43:14 pm
Does Barak Obama have any eligability left??  I mean given the choice between bein' the QB for the Hogs or prez anyone in his right mind would pick being our QB.
"3. My profile pic proves when faced with competence vs. incompetence in 2008, SMART people choose competence."  But Obama won anyway.

He smokes cigarettes. Probably couldn't run 100 yards

Pistol Pete

Quote from: Pistol Pete on December 16, 2008, 04:26:38 pm
He smokes cigarettes. Probably couldn't run 100 yards

not that there's anything wrong with that

Abominable Hillbilly

Wess Moore stated that BP talked Nathan into staying last week on Sports Animals.  Said BP said Nathan will compete for starting job.  We know Mallett will prob get it, but comp makes everyone better.

"The old man was a good man he raised his children right, taught us how to work hard and showed us how to fight, told us about the good lord and how to use a gun, made me very proud of where it is that I came from"  ***BLACKBERRY SMOKE***

wholehog92

Quote from: GUVHOG on December 16, 2008, 04:03:41 pm
Wow, not according to Shawn and Wally (Sports Animals) at 4:40 pm on 12-16.
My personal list of trolls so that I can remember not to reply to them:  Pigs Been Fly, gohogsgo006, hanksampson, no3putts, HarryGoat, Oxbaker, Olmissbydamn, LocalHawg, Thatguy, Masterhog, servicesupport, Razorhawg09, Big Poppa Z,  $100 Handshake, Poloprince.

List of folks that reasonable conversation will not happen:  Iron Hog, Jman, hognot, Solomwi, hogfan1111x, pigzwillrise.

Favorite Posters:  WilsonHog, Tomhog, Muskogeehog, Razorfox, TammayTom, razorback3072, bennyl08.

jgphillips3

Quote from: DeltaBoy on December 16, 2008, 11:27:45 am
My worry is that with out paw paw Frank and Jim messing with him that Nutt might do better than we think. 

Don't worry...he won't.

Porkatarian

No GUVHOG, you are the one that is mistaken this time.   Nathan is leaving.  It's a done deal.

Porkatarian out...
"I came here to win the SEC and that is exactly what we are going to do."

The Phoenix

FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. – Redshirt freshman quarterback Nathan Dick has been granted a release from the Razorback football program, Arkansas head coach Bobby Petrino announced on Tuesday.

The release from the University of Arkansas doesn't serve as a blanket release to all institutions, but allows Dick to communicate with all of the schools for which he requested a release. At all of those institutions, Dick would be eligible to play immediately next season.

"Nathan has requested and received his release from the University of Arkansas," Petrino said. "We appreciate his contributions to the Razorback program. We wish him the best as he pursues his future both academically and athletically."

Dick played in three games in the 2008 season. Dick redshirted as a true freshman during the 2007 season.
http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=30726&SPID=2419&ATCLID=3634224&DB_OEM_ID=6100

jry04

Oh really?

I have pretty much known for 3 days he was gone. I had not checked anything on here about it to see Hogville's reaction and when I saw people in this thread commenting on him still being in next year's depth chart I got confused because I figured surely people on here had already broke the news. I think he is going to end up at UCA.

Oklahawg

Also might explain why the 2nd QB has been appearing in recruiting news of late.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

LRCentralTiger

Here is an interesting quote from ESPN.com.  If you are a follower of ESPN.

The only question about Cotton's arm is where the ball is going to end up. Out of all 12 quarterbacks at the Elite 11 camp this past summer, there was not a player there who possessed the zip, velocity and power Cotton does. He knows nothing of touch yet and must develop accuracy, but there are flames coming off his shoulder when he delivers the football.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/print?id=3679649&type=story

LRCentralTiger

Quote from: opineonswine on December 17, 2008, 08:58:32 am
Nutt's well-documented reputation as THE QB KILLAH is solid.
Amen to that!