Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cotton names a new leader

Started by The Phoenix, December 15, 2008, 10:19:30 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

songofthesword

LJHOG

December 15, 2008, 10:22:44 pm #2 Last Edit: December 16, 2008, 03:58:29 pm by LJHOG
so yancy thinks cotton is going to ole miss.

my bad, i just assumed it was yancy.  didn't even read the article.

Bryan (CHF)

Quote from: LJHOG on December 15, 2008, 10:22:44 pm
so yancy thinks cotton is going to ole miss.
yeah ole piss writer putting out an article saying he is going there....most likely....probably.....haven't we heard this before? :)
Quote from: Doc Holliday
Why Ed does this mean we're not friends anymore? You know Ed, if I thought you weren't my friend... I just don't think I could bear it!

donewithdale

Well a few of us called Cotton to OM last night.  Now I don't believe anything a Rivals 'writer' says.  Yancey is one of the biggest liars amongst liars.  But Dale is destined to luck out again and the cause is Auburn's stupidity which will save his recruiting class.

TrojanHog

Yancey is famous for floating that every major recruit is headed to Ole Miss.  Even the Ole Miss fans laugh about it. 

passinghog

If he visits Arkansas, I'm betting he signs with us, if we offer. (someone clarify whether we have or not)
I've met and talked with coach Garrick McGee on a number of occasions, he's very impressive; no way does a kid like Cotton NOT want him to be his position coach.

OM Qb coach Kent Austin vs. Garrick McGee is a mismatch in my opinion.

I have a feeling this will come down to signing day or at least early February.

gohogsgo006

Nutt has to be the luckiest guy in the world. It is crazy. He is Larry Coker reincarnate (minus the national championship hopes)
Hogville- Where realism somehow equals pessimism

The Phoenix

Quote from: TrojanHog on December 15, 2008, 10:44:33 pm
Yancey is famous for floating that every major recruit is headed to Ole Miss.  Even the Ole Miss fans laugh about it. 

Yancey works for Scout.  This article is from Rivals.

donewithdale

Quote from: passinghog on December 15, 2008, 10:46:29 pm
If he visits Arkansas, I'm betting he signs with us, if we offer. (someone clarify whether we have or not)
I've met and talked with coach Garrick McGee on a number of occasions, he's very impressive; no way does a kid like Cotton NOT want him to be his position coach.

OM Qb coach Kent Austin vs. Garrick McGee is a mismatch in my opinion.

I have a feeling this will come down to signing day or at least early February.

Don't underestimate:

Dale's luck

The stories he has been told of Matt Jones

The Wild Rebel Propaganda

The fact our depth chart has two very good young qb's on it.

American's are gullible.  Your profile pic is proof of that.

passinghog

Quote from: donewithdale on December 15, 2008, 10:49:54 pm
Don't underestimate:

Dale's luck

The stories he has been told of Matt Jones

The Wild Rebel Propaganda

The fact our depth chart has two very good young qb's on it.

American's are gullible.  Your profile pic is proof of that.

Wrong.
Please don't derail this thread by the way.

1. Our depth chart has 2 good young QBs on it, with 2 unproven young Qbs.
2. Cotton is a QB, why would he want to run the wild-rebel? He uses that to lure pure athletes to OM
3. My profile pic proves when faced with competence vs. incompetence in 2008, SMART people choose competence.

The Arkansas staff is more competent than the OM staff. You're underestimating Cotton SR's influence in his son's decision. He's a smart man.

Melorock089

Kodi burns 2.0 if he goes to ole miss.

LJHOG

Does Barak Obama have any eligability left??  I mean given the choice between bein' the QB for the Hogs or prez anyone in his right mind would pick being our QB.
"3. My profile pic proves when faced with competence vs. incompetence in 2008, SMART people choose competence."  But Obama won anyway.

jonesark™

I don't think we get this guy....I think dale grabs him another freebie.

The_Iceman

Tuberville might have helped Nutt alot more than we had wished for him.

he is going to get credit for a good recruiting class when he deserves NONE!

jonesark™

do we have cotton scheduled for a visit?

songofthesword

even with, nutt wont' crack the top 35

Porkette

Ths is so typical of Nutt. If he gets Cotton, it will be not only pure-luck success because of Auburn, but also as a result of his own poor recruiting (by not having a QB already committed).

Arkansas fans need not even waste our energy being annoyed by this stuff anymore with Nutt. However undeserving, the guy always comes out ahead. He probably always will.
GO HOGS GO!

Darren McChadden

Raymond Cotton = Robert Johnson

Plus, we have 3 capable QB's already on campus.  Personally, I'd rather use the schollie on a defensive player.

RunnerHog

December 16, 2008, 01:10:38 am #19 Last Edit: December 16, 2008, 01:14:02 am by RunnerHog
Quote from: ROAD HOGG on December 15, 2008, 10:37:03 pm
I think Gary Beshears called him and put in a good word for TCTWF as a great QB coach.... We don't need Cotton.

We need some tuff, mean SOB's. We need a couple of Thugs, one at safety would be good.  We need some 6'3" 235 Pound LB's. You know kind of like Tyrell Graham.

Kenny Hawgins

Quote from: passinghog on December 15, 2008, 10:54:51 pm

3. My profile pic proves when faced with competence vs. incompetence in 2008, SMART people choose competence.

lol so a presidential candidate making the statement that there are 57 states is an example of competence???  HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Twirling round with this familiar parable
Spinning, weaving round each new experience

passinghog

December 16, 2008, 01:43:25 am #21 Last Edit: December 16, 2008, 01:45:51 am by passinghog
enough with the political crap.

This is the recruiting board, take the politcal mess to the politics board.

Title of the thread is "Cotton names a new leader" not "I can't get over the the presidential election."

Hogstocking

In the article he says "Right now ole miss is probably my #1"...He also says Arkansas is still in there and he plans to take his visits. 

With NSD right around the corner be careful what you read/believe this time of year (especially from ole miss journalists), the BS gets really thick

notreseveredname

more worried about gaines than cotton

The real Hogules

Here's Yancy's article and while he quotes the father as saying nice things about Old Myth, I can't find a single time where R.C. Sr. says his son is a lock for Old Myth.

Link - http://recruiting.scout.com/2/821802.html
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

SteelShot

Quote from: Darren McChadden on December 16, 2008, 12:53:34 am
Raymond Cotton = Robert Johnson

Plus, we have 3 capable QB's already on campus.  Personally, I'd rather use the schollie on a defensive player.

See Robert Johnson.  My thoughts exactly.
"Dorothy Mantooth is a Saint!"

The real Hogules

CBP seems more interested in Bryce Petty than Raymond Cotton.
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: The real Hogules on December 16, 2008, 08:16:34 am
CBP seems more interested in Bryce Petty than Raymond Cotton.

Mr. Petty was scheduled to camp at Arkansas on June 21st but got a offer from Coach Phillip Fulmer on June 17th before he could attend and committed the next day after sleeping on it.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

dianne fineswine

Quote from: ROAD HOGG on December 15, 2008, 10:37:03 pm
I think Gary Beshears called him and put in a good word for TCTWF as a great QB coach.... We don't need Cotton.
No. I'm pretty sure it was a conference call with Mitch Mustain and T Jack.
Ineptocracy - a system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing and where the members of society least likely to sustain themselves or succeed are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.

Cajun Hog

Quote from: Camden_Hogfan on December 15, 2008, 10:28:15 pm
yeah ole piss writer putting out an article saying he is going there....most likely....probably.....haven't we heard this before? :)

Sound like Grit wrote that article.

dianne fineswine

Quote from: passinghog on December 16, 2008, 01:43:25 am

Title of the thread is "Cotton names a new leader" not "I can't get over the the presidential election."
Given your Avatar, you may be the one who brings the politics to this board. Maybe a little self evaluation would be in order.
Ineptocracy - a system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing and where the members of society least likely to sustain themselves or succeed are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.

Hollywood_HOGan45

dont fret

if nuttjob gets him, he will have him playing as well as Robert Johnson in no time.

jdhogster

Anyone who would fall for nutt's bogus sell on being a quarterback for him (after seeing what all was exposed over the past few years) would tell me one of two things:  a.) the kid isn't that smart and wouldn't really be able to comprehend a complex system like BP's anyway  or b.)  the kid lives under a rock and doesn't know what a tv is

cardinalandwhite

December 16, 2008, 09:25:23 am #33 Last Edit: December 16, 2008, 09:26:57 am by cardinalandwhite
nm
"Wise people think all they say; fools say all they think." - Anonymous

HogNuttz

Cotton to Ole Miss = severely one dimensional offense.

That's fine with me.  We've got good young QB's and receivers.  I don't think he is nearly as important as the defensive recruits we're after.
Work harder!!!......millions of illegals, welfare bums, multi-millionaire financial CEO's who've trashed their companies, unionized auto workers in Detriot, and other recipients of our governments social programs depend on you.

josh_sec33

Going to Ole Miss would severly hamper his chance of going to the NFL.

Name one QB who has gone to the NFL to play QB under TCTWF's tenure anywhere.

Oh wait...there isn't one.
Quote from: Hogstocking on February 07, 2008, 11:45:16 am
The 'fence' has been replaced by the Great Wall of China wrapped in barbed wire guarded by snipers. 

Quote from: Fayettechill14 on September 06, 2012, 05:43:24 pm
On a scale of "DGB is a Hog" to "Bobby had a girl on the back of that bike," how sure are you?

wholehog92

Quote from: josh_sec33 on December 16, 2008, 09:46:17 am

T Jackson. LOL

Seriously, I'm not concerned about our position recruiting wise.  The defense is my concern.  However, if this kid is looking at TCTWF and Bobby Petrino and having doubts about who the best coach for a QB to play for, I question his decision making capacity.  If he is looking at our depth chart and seeking to avoid competition, he would never see the field here anyway.  If he is a stud talent and goes to Ol Myth, he will never be any better than the HS qb he is currently and we will have better talent on the field gameday anyway.  Any way you look at it Arkansas wins.  If he was choosing between us and LSU or Bama, this would be a bigger deal.
My personal list of trolls so that I can remember not to reply to them:  Pigs Been Fly, gohogsgo006, hanksampson, no3putts, HarryGoat, Oxbaker, Olmissbydamn, LocalHawg, Thatguy, Masterhog, servicesupport, Razorhawg09, Big Poppa Z,  $100 Handshake, Poloprince.

List of folks that reasonable conversation will not happen:  Iron Hog, Jman, hognot, Solomwi, hogfan1111x, pigzwillrise.

Favorite Posters:  WilsonHog, Tomhog, Muskogeehog, Razorfox, TammayTom, razorback3072, bennyl08.

SoonerSooie

Quote from: josh_sec33 on December 16, 2008, 09:46:17 am

I aint stickin up for TCTWF but, Tavaris Jackson is playing for the Vikings right now. That has nothing whatsoever to do with the coaching he got while a Hog, but, he did play under HDN, and is now in the League.

OTTER

Quote from: SoonerSooie on December 16, 2008, 10:01:32 am
I aint stickin up for TCTWF but, Tavaris Jackson is playing for the Vikings right now. That has nothing whatsoever to do with the coaching he got while a Hog, but, he did play under HDN, and is now in the League.
Doesn't count. 
BE AFRAID!!  Be very, very afraid!  The Hogs are hungry and you look a lot like lunch!

Dances With Hogs

Dont be telling posters what to do or where to go on this board if you are not a admin, by the way nice picture.
Quote from: passinghog on December 16, 2008, 01:43:25 am

Cosby

I know I'm stating the obvious; but T Jackson looked absolutely awful when he played here. It says something when he got better coaching at Alabama State then he received at Arkansas.

Besides I think the big thing is that Cotton won't be coached up at all if he goes to Ole Miss; so it's not even a big deal if we lose him.

ChicoHog

Cotton is probably looking at the depth chart also. Snead has two years left at most and their backups may not be as ready as ours.  this year they threw the ball pretty decently, especially at the rnd of the year as Snead really improved.  I'm sure Nutt is showing him those tapes, not the tapes of Casey dick or Mustain handing off the mc Fadden or Jones.

The Boar War

Cotton going to or naming Ole Miss as a leader doesn't bother me in the least.  Ole Miss picking him up helps our chances of picking up Claude Johnson on the next recruiting class.

DeltaBoy

My worry is that with out paw paw Frank and Jim messing with him that Nutt might do better than we think. 
Cotton is good kid and I hope becomes a hog.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

RazorBassin

I don't think that losing Cotton would be a big loss to us.  I tell you what, Nutt can have Cotton and we'll take Gaines!

Oklahawg

Quote from: Dances With Hogs on December 16, 2008, 10:47:44 am
Dont be telling posters what to do or where to go on this board if you are not a admin, by the way nice picture.

Fine, I'll do it. It was an appropriate request.

Now, back to making fun of Nutt and wishing for Cotton to become a Hog.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

DriveByHogger

Also Mike Cherry (Murray State) played a couple of seasons with the Giants I think. Clint Stoerner and Ryan Sorahan had cups of coffee in the league also.
She ain't revved 'till the rods are thrown!

opineonswine

QB's don't do well with Nutt.  (the understatement of the century) 

opineonswine

Quote from: PorkOpine on December 16, 2008, 02:30:23 pm
23 recruits.  4 RB's, 2 Athletes and 0 QB's.  I guess Nutt wants to cut out the middle man and run the wild rebel full time now.

The REAL truth is he considers HIMSELF to be the shot callah, QB.  Don't need anyone else for that job or OC...he's the best his mind can imagine.

jry04

This is not meaning to derail the thread, but I have seen numerous comments about Robert Johnson. Johnson actually could have been a good QB with the right coaching. We have seen Nutt's lack of ability to coach a QB. Casey wasn't the best, but we saw the improvements he made from Nutt to Petrino. Johnson had talent, and really didn't do that bad against USC. His team definitely didn't help him with Felix fumbling 4 times in the first half. He was just the scape goat so that Mustain could start that year. 

We all see how Jackson has turned out starting for the Vikings.