Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Raymond Cotton Sr comments on Auburn hire

Started by tendu, December 14, 2008, 04:07:38 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

songofthesword

so much for that great hire.

come on cotton, be a hog.

Hawgvillain

Also of note - Houston got a commit today from a four star RB that was previously committed to Auburn.

iCalledThatHogBrotha!

Ouch.  NO WAY Cotton commits to Aub after his dad made those comments.  But do we really need another QB with only 4 or 5 spots left??

Hog on the Hill

Quote from: abostian on December 14, 2008, 04:20:15 pm
Ouch.  NO WAY Cotton commits to Aub after his dad made those comments.  But do we really need another QB with only 4 or 5 spots left??
I don't know... but I can think of a few people who do.  I trust the coaching staff to make the right decision. (It feels so good to say that)

Immensehog

Quote from: Hawgvillain on December 14, 2008, 04:19:43 pm
Also of note - Houston got a commit today from a four star RB that was previously committed to Auburn.

The Rebs are pretty sure Cotton is coming their way as well.

Life is short.  Act accordingly.

Hawgvillain

Quote from: abostian on December 14, 2008, 04:20:15 pm
The Right Reverend has 0 QB's committed.  I fear that he will be the ultimate beneficiary of the ineptness at Auburn. 

Hog on the Hill

songofthesword

the rebs aren't getting cotton. the reb's are confident they are getting everyone according to yancy. to them the only reason they don't have ruben randle is because they don't have room for him, or becuase he doesn't love the helmet enough

it's not humanlly possible to sit down with a in home with petrion and do the same with nutt and possibly come out thinking nutt is m ore organized, more professional and a better situtation.

cotton's dad seems like an intelligent guy.

Torqued pork

Quote from: Immensehog on December 14, 2008, 04:22:57 pm
The Rebs are pretty sure Cotton is coming their way as well.
Nutt has a history of having good fortune fall in his lap with little or no effort on his part. :puke:

Hawgvillain

Quote from: songofthesword on December 14, 2008, 04:26:38 pm
the rebs aren't getting cotton. the reb's are confident they are getting everyone according to yancy. to them the only reason they don't have ruben randle is because they don't have room for him, or becuase he doesn't love the helmet enough

it's not humanlly possible to sit down with a in home with petrion and do the same with nutt and possibly come out thinking nutt is m ore organized, more professional and a better situtation.

cotton's dad seems like an intelligent guy.
I don't doubt that but there is probably more competition for QB here and Cotton's family is from central Mississippi.  I would say OM has to be his leader right now...

songofthesword

December 14, 2008, 04:31:44 pm #11 Last Edit: December 14, 2008, 04:35:19 pm by songofthesword
yes there is less compitition there, but considering nutt's track record with QB's I don't thnk it matters.

would you rather be the starter for 3 years and thrown under the bus, regress and not be given a real chance, or start for 2 years and be put in a positoin to be an NFL QB?

not a hard choice if you aren't scared of a little compitition or short sided.

the kid is talanted but needs work. he would not stand a chance in hell with nutt's offense.

there is a reason nutt has not recruited a QB worth a damn in over a decade (without hiring the kid's HS coach). his record with QB's superseeds him.

the only thing keeping them in the race is that they are from missisippi. once they meet iwth him and put all the facts togehter, I am confident he will not be a reb.

I dont' even care if he doesn't come to arkansas. I just don't want a 4 starq QB to fall in nutt's lap.

Hawgvillain

Quote from: songofthesword on December 14, 2008, 04:31:44 pm
yes there is less compitition there, but considering nutt's track record with QB's I don't thnk it matters.

would you rather be the starter for 3 years and thrown under the bus, regress and not be given a real chance, or start for 2 years and be put in a positoin to be an NFL QB?

the kid is talanted but needs work. he would not stand a chance in hell with nutt's offense.
Of course we know Nutt's record with QB's but do the Cottons?  This kid is a dual threat type so Hootie will probably sell him on the Matt Jones years.  The interesting thing to me is that he sounds a lot more like this guy:

http://rivals100.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?Sport=1&pr_key=9260

Cotton's Profile
http://auburn.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?pr_key=79218&sport=1

donewithdale

Quote from: songofthesword on December 14, 2008, 04:31:44 pm

there is a reason nutt has not recruited a QB worth a damn in over a decade (without hiring the kid's HS coach). his record with QB's superseeds him.

the only thing keeping them in the race is that they are from missisippi. once they meet iwth him and put all the facts togehter, I am confident he will not be a reb.

I dont' even care if he doesn't come to arkansas. I just don't want a 4 starq QB to fall in nutt's lap.

I could see him going to OM.  Looks like Nutt is amazingly lucking out once again.  First a 4 star RB and now maybe a 4 star qb because Auburn has screwed up.  Recruits and their families can be amazingly gullible.  Wait till Dale talks to the Cottons about the Wild Rebel and Matt Jones.  If he chooses OM I hope he ends up being screwed up like Robert Johnson or placed at WR like Cedric Washington.

songofthesword

Quote from: Hawgvillain on December 14, 2008, 04:37:26 pm
Of course we know Nutt's record with QB's but do the Cottons?  This kid is a dual threat type so Hootie will probably sell him on the Matt Jones years.  The interesting thing to me is that he sounds a lot more like this guy:

http://rivals100.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?Sport=1&pr_key=9260

Cotton's Profile
http://auburn.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?pr_key=79218&sport=1

arhhhh!! MAN DON'T SCARE ME LIKE THAT! it's taken me years to get over the dark ages

want2be

Our staff was the first to meet with him after the TT announcement and if he is not afraid of competition we would be great fit.

That being said I bet Reb LUCKS out on the Ms State-Auburn turmoil....I would much rather have a coach who is prudent than lucky and in time it will pay off.

Big Daddy

Quote from: Bubbaswinestein on December 14, 2008, 04:28:55 pm
Nutt has a history of having good fortune fall in his lap with little or no effort on his part. :puke:

He's the Kramer of the SEC.

songofthesword

coaches tell them to go to nutt because they know he will not be able to bite them later on a revelant team.

no way Richt was goin to tell grant to go to florida or tennessee.

TrojanHog

Perhaps MSU becomes a player for Cotton now that they have Mullen. Family in MS and a system that Cotton would probably strive in.

songofthesword

that's about a 0% chance. they have a pretty good comitted QB already that's a friend of  cotton's.

regi

Quote from: Hawgvillain on December 14, 2008, 04:19:43 pm

Why would a kid go from AU to the Cougars.

TomasPistola

Why oh why does Nuttless always benefit from others misfortune. I'm almost convinced he sold his soul to Satan to be a mediocre coach.
Quote from: Hog Momster on January 06, 2011, 09:45:30 pm
You were right.
Quote from: Breems on April 28, 2011, 05:58:14 pm
You did a great job.
Quote from: Verge on June 22, 2011, 08:44:20 am
If you have some form of mental retardation i will stop making fun of you, just want to clarify this first.

songofthesword

this is why i hate nutt. he has made an art out of being avg.

he will get 2-3 4 stars and will say "see, when we went to the cotton bowl, our phones started blowing up, and recruits will be knocking down our door for next year"

this idiot will acdtually have fans ESTATIC about a 50th ranked recruiting class. how he does it, I don't know.

Oklahawg

Nutt may get one good year from this.

The players have told other schools they were going to Aubbie and may not have a chance at schools that run recruiting well. That's why OM has a shot at benefiting from this.

Give Chizik and his staff (and Mullen and his staff) a spring on the ground and they'll outmaneuver the Nutt Clan.

Secretly in the middle of all this is Larry Fedora at So Miss. He had the best recruiting class in the state last year. He might well be able to keep Nutt from prospering too much.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

old hog

Quote from: songofthesword on December 14, 2008, 07:53:55 pm

he will get 2-3 4 stars and will say "see, when we went to the cotton bowl, our phones started blowing up, and recruits will be knocking down our door for next year"

this idiot will acdtually have fans ESTATIC about a 50th ranked recruiting class. how he does it, I don't know.
A very good "used car" salesman.

cardinalandwhite

Cotton should really take a good look at Mississippi State, he'd do well in that system.  That said, I think we're his best shot at success in the NFL simply because Petrino is an excellent QB coach who works an NFL type system.  As far as Nutt, think RoJo.  I love RoJo to death, the guy's attitude and class is second to none, but he got screwed by Nutt!
"Wise people think all they say; fools say all they think." - Anonymous

hawgsav1

I've watched Cotton in his tapes, and he seems kind of the polar opposite of Johnson.  He takes big strides, while RoJo would take smaller quick ones, and while Cotton is very accurate (while RoJo lacked in that department), he doesn't throw a tight ball (RoJo seemed to throw a tight spiral).  RoJo was definitely a better runner in my opinion, but Cotton seems like a better passer.  However, I think Cotton could definitely benefit from having a real QB coach. 
Revenge is a dish best served cold. - Klingon Proverb

Hawgvillain

Quote from: hawgsav1 on December 14, 2008, 11:00:48 pm
I've watched Cotton in his tapes, and he seems kind of the polar opposite of Johnson.  He takes big strides, while RoJo would take smaller quick ones, and while Cotton is very accurate (while RoJo lacked in that department), he doesn't throw a tight ball (RoJo seemed to throw a tight spiral).  RoJo was definitely a better runner in my opinion, but Cotton seems like a better passer.  However, I think Cotton could definitely benefit from having a real QB coach. 
I wasn't all that deep in my evaluation.  I was moreso commenting on the fact that they are both 4-star scrambling type QB's that are not run-first QB's...

imhogwild2

Let him go to Ole Miss and become the next Robert Johnson type. This time let him play 4 years though with undeveloped skills because of a coach that doesn't know how to develope a QB
Bring back slobbering hog. Member Since 12/1/2006

hawgsav1

Quote from: Hawgvillain on December 14, 2008, 11:21:28 pm
I wasn't all that deep in my evaluation.  I was moreso commenting on the fact that they are both 4-star scrambling type QB's that are not run-first QB's...

No worries and I agree with you...I just like comparing players to others just for sh**s and giggles. 
Revenge is a dish best served cold. - Klingon Proverb

OTTER

BE AFRAID!!  Be very, very afraid!  The Hogs are hungry and you look a lot like lunch!

wholehog92

Cotton Sr.  appears to be a guy that does his homework.  I doubt Cotton Jr. ends up at Ol Miss.
My personal list of trolls so that I can remember not to reply to them:  Pigs Been Fly, gohogsgo006, hanksampson, no3putts, HarryGoat, Oxbaker, Olmissbydamn, LocalHawg, Thatguy, Masterhog, servicesupport, Razorhawg09, Big Poppa Z,  $100 Handshake, Poloprince.

List of folks that reasonable conversation will not happen:  Iron Hog, Jman, hognot, Solomwi, hogfan1111x, pigzwillrise.

Favorite Posters:  WilsonHog, Tomhog, Muskogeehog, Razorfox, TammayTom, razorback3072, bennyl08.

redbarn

Quote from: Bubbaswinestein on December 14, 2008, 04:28:55 pm

It doesn't matter who plays at Ole Miss.  They still have Nutt for a coach and he can turn a five star into a two star in no time.
"I'm against the constitutionality of marriage in any way, shape, or form.  You may quote me......."  Rev Jerry Falwell

iCalledThatHogBrotha!

Quote from: songofthesword on December 14, 2008, 07:53:55 pm

Yep, he will say it played out exactly how he planned.  Recruiting was slow b/c he was fighting a losing mentality, now it is picking up w the momentum from their "fantastic" year :puke:

The_Bionic_Pig

December 15, 2008, 04:40:57 pm #34 Last Edit: December 15, 2008, 04:50:29 pm by Woo_Pig_Stewie
Tonight Raymond Cotton is listening to HDN's salespitch - "THE WILD REBEL" I will have to monitor the Rebel Boards to catch reactions over the next 48 hours.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

opineonswine

If Raymond Cotton's Sr. and Jr. are flim-flam proof, they'll see thru ole snake oil pretty quickly.

cardinalandwhite

Quote from: opineonswine on December 15, 2008, 04:45:21 pm
If Raymond Cotton's Sr. and Jr. are flim-flam proof, they'll see thru ole snake oil pretty quickly.

Sr.'s an Air Force officer, isn't he?  He'll see through the lunacy.
"Wise people think all they say; fools say all they think." - Anonymous

HawgnCorona

Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on December 15, 2008, 04:40:57 pm
Tonight Raymond Cotton is listening to HDN's salespitch - "THE WILD REBEL" I will have to monitor the Rebel Boards to catch reactions over the next 48 hours.

Keep us posted...please.
Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all your getting, get understanding." --   Proverbs 4:7

"Live justly, love mercy and to walk humbly with the Most High."-- Micah 6:8