Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Players that you hated playing against the most?...

Started by hogsndawgs, December 13, 2008, 11:14:08 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hei5manhog

"If I can't practice, I can't practice. It is as simple as that. It ain't about that at all. It's easy to sum it up if you're just talking about practice. We're sitting here, and I'm supposed to be the franchise player, and we're talking about practice. I mean listen, we're sitting here talking about practice, not a game, not a game, not a game, but we're talking about practice. Not the game that I go out there and die for and play every game like it's my last but we're talking about practice man. How silly is that?

hei5manhog

"If I can't practice, I can't practice. It is as simple as that. It ain't about that at all. It's easy to sum it up if you're just talking about practice. We're sitting here, and I'm supposed to be the franchise player, and we're talking about practice. I mean listen, we're sitting here talking about practice, not a game, not a game, not a game, but we're talking about practice. Not the game that I go out there and die for and play every game like it's my last but we're talking about practice man. How silly is that?

BA Hogwild

The game of life is a lot like football. You have to tackle your fears,block out your problems,and score your points when you get your opportunity

hogwild6700

Football: Danny Weurfull, Shaun Alexander, Jared Lorenzon, Shaud Williams

Basketball: Scott Padgent (sp?)....seemed like he played 10 seasons at Kentucky, Chris Porter, Chris Lofton, Big Baby, George Zidek
Two little mice fell in a bucket of cream. The first mouse quickly gave up and drowned. The second mouse, wouldn't quit. He struggled so hard that eventually he churned that cream into butter and crawled out. Gentlemen, as of this moment, I am that second mouse.

phadedhawg

Quote from: donewithdale on December 14, 2008, 12:18:01 am
Travis Ford - first he was at Mizzou when our rivalry was at its peak and then Kentucky

Bingo!!  I hated playing against him at both stops!

TuckFexas

Basketball - Dave Bliss and Joakim Noah. Hated those 2 guys with a passion.
Football -  Chris Leak/Tim Tebow, Cadillac/Ronnie Brown, Jamarcus Russell.
Baseball - David Price, not so much hate, just damn good.
Famous quote.
Follow me on Twitter: www.twitter.com
Become my friend on Facebook: www.facebook.com
The post above may or may not accurately reflect the views of TuckFexas.
Yes, they let me out of the Tavern on a day pass.

Gas Can

Nate-Hawg

December 15, 2008, 05:04:07 pm #107 Last Edit: December 15, 2008, 05:10:11 pm by Nate-Hawg
Basketball -- Tony Delk, Tayshawn Prince and the bald guy that played for Texas in the late 80's/early 90's. I think his name was Blanks.

Football-- Travis Henry, Cadillac Williams, and freakin' Deuce McCallister.

H-TownHawg

Cameron Dollar, back up guy that came out of nowhere to beat us in 1995 NC game for UCLA

pigstye

Street from Texas, I think he was there for 9 1/2 years

alphapi

TushCrush

Late 70's Basketball - Vernon Smith and Rynn Wright from Texas Tech.
Thugs. Sidney punched out Wright one night at Barnhill.

Hogtropolis™

Quote from: Nate-Hawg on December 15, 2008, 05:04:07 pm
Basketball -- Tony Delk, Tayshawn Prince and the bald guy that played for Texas in the late 80's/early 90's. I think his name was Blanks.

Football-- Travis Henry, Cadillac Williams, and freakin' Deuce McCallister.
I can't believe you were the first to mention Tayshawn.  I completely forgot about him, but he drove me crazy everytime we played him.

ChicoHog

Quote from: TushCrush on December 15, 2008, 05:29:54 pm
Late 70's Basketball - Vernon Smith and Rynn Wright from Texas Tech.
Thugs. Sidney punched out Wright one night at Barnhill.
And Rudy Woods.  he never amounted to much and he came to school with a lot of hype.  Terry Teagle from Baylor and Ricky pierce from Rice were two of the best players I ever saw at Barnhill.  those guys were one man teams and shoot lights out.  Of course Phi slamma jamma was pretty tough also. 

rricha

ERIC DICKERSON
CRAIG JAMES
KELVIV BRYANT
ETHON HORTON

98hogs

Hawgrox

Keith Carter-Ole Miss BB player. He was from Perryville (I think). That dude used to kill us in the late '90's with 3 pointers. I remember yelling at the radio "JUST TACKLE THE MF'er!!!!!!!!" We could NOT stop that dude. He always had stat-sheet fillers against the Hogs.

Travis Ford-That little dude used to kick our arses when he was at Kentucky.

Also...Rohan Davie...he came into a game as an unknown after a QB injury in an LSU game once (can't remember who the starter was) and torched us.

I did not read this whole thread (Jack Daniels advised against it) so please forgive any repeats.

bolo

R.I.P OTR
R.I.P PRJ
2023 March Maddest Champion with a little help from my friends

hawgfan2

Ron Baxter from Texas.  I always felt like he was going to find a way to beat us in the late '70's.

AngryKhalil

Kevin Faulk at LSU used to destroy us. Running, catching, and returning kicks.

To this day I base my hatred of the Patriots on the fact that he plays for them.
Supporting: Texas Rangers, Seattle Seahawks, Memphis Grizzlies, and The Razorbacks.

Hawgrox

Quote from: birdman05 on December 15, 2008, 09:16:35 pm
Kevin Faulk at LSU used to destroy us. Running, catching, and returning kicks.

To this day I base my hatred of the Patriots on the fact that he plays for them.

I saw him get his arse handed to him last game of '98 one time. He was a hell of a player but we blew LSU out that day. I can remember watching Burlsworth walk off the field that day...never dreamed it would be his last....

philobeddoe

I personally hated playing against Ray Lee Johnson.  That monster cleaned my clock more than once.

As far as being a Hog fan, I hated playing against that big tight end from LSU.  His last name is Lefleur (sp?).  He was number 47 and played at least 8 years.

stchane

DARNELL JEFFERSON - I watched this guy go from being the starter to making unforced errors during dogtime and it drove me nuts.  So I started booing him whenever I gotta chance.  Pretty soon the whole student section was doing it. 

Rick Pitino
John Brady

John Parker Wilson - for a sh!tty QB, we made him look like a Heisman contender

Any former, current, or future coach or player for Texas

The Big 10

Losing to Ramon Flannigan & Dante Womack made me wonder why the Hogs couldn't compete with teams like SMU for years.

Ahmad Carroll
Orlando Green
Dave Wommack
Tim Teabag Tebow
Georgia fans

Houston Dale Nutt, his family, his supporters, and pretty much everyone who hasn't confessed to disliking him

Pete Burks
Gary Danielson & Brent Musberger
Bob Davie & Rod Gilmore
The Heisman trophy
OKLAHOMA FOOTBALL AND ITS FANS
Henry Paulson
Tyrus Thomas
Brandon Bass
Collis Temple I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, etc. etc.
Urban Meyer
Any Tennessee RB from '92-2004
Kennedy Winston
For all your Razorback Football Needs: http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=stchane

Jdub

December 15, 2008, 10:45:38 pm #123 Last Edit: December 15, 2008, 10:54:19 pm by Jdub
PHI SLAMMA JAMMA

What a freaking basketball team.

But hey, we held our own against them.

I really had a strong dislike for these guys.

Pork Authority

I hated more players on our own basketball team during Nolan's last few years ... than one's they had to face.

stchane

Quote from: Pork Authority on December 15, 2008, 10:53:00 pm
I hated more players on our own basketball team during Nolan's last few years ... than one's they had to face.

Brandon Dean & Teddy Gipson were tite
For all your Razorback Football Needs: http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=stchane

AngryKhalil

Quote from: stchane on December 15, 2008, 11:51:44 pm
Brandon Dean & Teddy Gipson were tite

Don't forget everyone's favorite broadcaster...Blake Eddins. haha
Supporting: Texas Rangers, Seattle Seahawks, Memphis Grizzlies, and The Razorbacks.

LJHOG

Football - Earl Campbell, the best player to ever suit up against the University of Arkansas.
Basketball - Johnny Moore - could not miss when we played if he'd shot it from the moon.

atwaterrules

I can't believe I didn't see this name on the list.

Roosevelt Leaks, probably second best back Texas ever had to suit up against us. 
Trindon Holiday- I hold my breath every time he touches the ball.
Dontae Wommack- Ran for over 100 yds. almost every time we played SMU.
Shaud Williams- 80 yds. and a cloud of his dust in our defenses face. 
Rohan Davie- We hit him with everything but the sideline bench and he still completed 40 yard strikes downfield. 
The Pony Express-Those guys were just good.
James Street we still hate you.
Basketball
Bobby Hurley-I really hated this guy.  Or anyone else who plays for the Puke Blue Devils
Laterell Sprewell
Anfernee Hardaway
O'Bannon Brothers
Chris Porter

DeltaBoy

James Street
Earl Campbell
Any and all UF QB's
Phat Phil and Tinner
Cobb and Webb in the 91 Cotton bowl.
Those bastards at SMU when we were losing to them
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

BA Hogwild

The game of life is a lot like football. You have to tackle your fears,block out your problems,and score your points when you get your opportunity

Pork Authority

Kevin Murray - Texas A&M QB.

I swear Sherrill figured out how to get him a 7th year of eligibilty.

hawgknockers

O'Bannon brothers at UCLA.  Sons-a-beeches cost us a repeat National Championship in 95.

rcowen

Geohul

Quote from: jst01 on December 14, 2008, 10:40:30 am
Who was the Georgia rb that played for them in the 2001 SEC champ game?? I sat there in the georgia dome and watched him run over us all game.
That would be Musa Smith.  Ugh.

ChicoHog

Quote from: hawgfan2 on December 15, 2008, 09:12:22 pm
Ron Baxter from Texas.  I always felt like he was going to find a way to beat us in the late '70's.
Wasn't he the chunky guy?  I remember him.  Barnhill crowds used to really get on him.  And we loved to see Abe Lemons all riled up. 

capnamerica

deuce.
willis.
faulk.

seems like i remember tyrus thomas giving it to us in bball.

kimjongsqUeAl

December 17, 2008, 12:31:56 pm #137 Last Edit: December 17, 2008, 12:40:33 pm by kim_jong_sqUeAl
little bastard from LSDoo-key - Holliday or whatever....Screw him!

The PR/WR from KY back in 2002 or 2003.  He was really good at PR and ran one back on us at Fayetteville in the rain.  I hated him from then on.

Jared Lorenzen. Big ugly stupid SOB that would never go down.  He went down in our 7-OT triumph in Lexington though!

Kevin Greene or whatever his name is QB from UGA in 2004 2005.  He would find a way to beat us in the last second.  We would lose to GA by 3-6 points during that time.  I think it was a combination of him plus a sucky TCTWF coached AR team during the "2 year pass" era.  Still pisses me of to this day.....

And everyone else that wasn't playing for the Hogs in the SEC.  Screw 'em. 

Thanks.
The Tree of Liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
- Thomas Jefferson

My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge...
- God

ThisTeetsTaken

Josh Reed- pure frustration to watch him shove our DB's to the ground and catch passes

***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

JethroB.

There are some excellent pics there of some really good players.  But, on that note I have to add Glenn Coffey to the list i think he is still running towards the endzone.

stchane

Quote from: kim_jong_sqUeAl on December 17, 2008, 12:31:56 pm
little bastard from LSDoo-key - Holliday or whatever....Screw him!

The PR/WR from KY back in 2002 or 2003.  He was really good at PR and ran one back on us at Fayetteville in the rain.  I hated him from then on.

Jared Lorenzen. Big ugly stupid SOB that would never go down.  He went down in our 7-OT triumph in Lexington though!

Kevin Greene or whatever his name is QB from UGA in 2004 2005.  He would find a way to beat us in the last second.  We would lose to GA by 3-6 points during that time.  I think it was a combination of him plus a sucky TCTWF coached AR team during the "2 year pass" era.  Still pisses me of to this day.....

And everyone else that wasn't playing for the Hogs in the SEC.  Screw 'em. 

Thanks.

That would be David Greene for Georgia, and Derek Abney for UK, and these are the games your talking about:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFsjdRG0k80&feature=channel_page

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1TvnTj6mkI&feature=channel_page

TheyCallMeHogLuver

Too lazy to search the whole thread, so this may be a repeat....

Old school basketball = Jon Koncak

TheArkansasTraveller

December 18, 2008, 12:12:42 am #143 Last Edit: December 18, 2008, 12:14:17 am by TheArkansasTraveller
Jamarcus Russel

Rohan Davey

Duece McAllister

Jamal Lewis

DJ Hall

Trendon Holliday

Peyton Manning

David Greene

All those guys seemed to allways have huge games against the Hogs.

Maximus_Hog

Tony Bua after the play has been whistled dead........

Steef

Quote from: Maximus_Hog on December 18, 2008, 07:56:43 am
Tony Bua after the play has been whistled dead........

That's funny right there.

Wasn't at the time, though.

hawkhawg

BB-
Travis Ford
Bobby Hurley
Ron Slay
Keith Carter
Jason Harrison

FB-
Duece
Cutler
SMU and USC

rricha

Quote from: TulsaFan on December 15, 2008, 12:11:07 pm
Either Steele (Alabama), Cadillac Williams (Auburn) or the Jones brothers (Ham, Lam, Jam from Texas).  Oh yeah, EARL CAMPBELL!
When did they become brothers?

Hogsnort

December 18, 2008, 02:31:38 pm #148 Last Edit: December 18, 2008, 02:33:39 pm by Hogsnort
Earl Campbell