Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

crazy Auburn: "BP can't leave Ark yet, so he told them to hire chizik for a few

Started by mathhog, December 13, 2008, 05:43:23 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

mossfan3

I'm sure he can't wait for the chance to recruit the same in state kids as Bama.  He is just taking his time..... Wow, yeah right.  Those fans are in bad shape.

Bryan (CHF)

That was some stupid Ole Piss fan. They are just mad that in a few years when Nuttjob isn't playing with somebody else recruits his 2 stars he is stealing from the likes of Troy will be in the cellar of the West again :)
Quote from: Doc Holliday
Why Ed does this mean we're not friends anymore? You know Ed, if I thought you weren't my friend... I just don't think I could bear it!

hogcoots

The comment came from an Old Mrs. fan.  The hate for them continues to grow.

opineonswine

Arkansas is in a much better area than Auburn.
Arkansas has better facilities than Auburn
Arkansas can recruit Texas much better than Auburn.
Arkansas doesn't have to go up against a hated in-state, powerful rival.
Arkansas has more money than Auburn.

Exactly why would Bobby Petrino want to go to Auburn?

pimphog

Quote from: opineonswine on December 13, 2008, 05:52:39 pm

He's not....he's here for a while baby!  This whole ordeal really sucks for AU, but I am lovin being a hog right now....WPS!

FaulknerHogfan

samurai

And Fayetteville is a much nicer town than Auburn is.

jry04

The guy didn't even know the facts. He said BP couldn't go anywhere right now because it would hurt his image. If he left 2 years from now it would still hurt his image. BP cannot go anywhere right now because it is in his contract that he couldn't leave for an SEC West school.

AuburnHog

jgphillips3

Petrino will not be going to Auburn.  Saban is not going to the pros and will be at Bama as long as he wants.  The ONLY jobs I could see of any interest to Petrino in the near term are USC, Florida, LSU & Texas.  To be honest, no matter what their current status, any other job in the entire Country is a lateral move given the kind of recruiting he is doing now and the united State support he gets here.  Those are about the only four jobs in the Country where recruits are begging you to play there and that have everything else a coach could want.  Further, I think you could screen out USC because it is in a BIG city.  So, unless one of those big three Southern schools come calling, I just don't see it.  I think he is with us for quite a while. 

Finally, if he turns us into a legitimate power in the SEC, he might just enjoy being King here.  If he takes us to the SEC championship and turns us into a program capable of competing year in/year out, he may just stay.  If he sees how long a goofball like HDN could hold the job and the 17 years that Nolan was here, he could write his own check and dictate his own terms for as long as he liked.  That has an undeniable appeal to a man to whom money is really not the end-all, be-all.

pimphog

Quote from: AuburnHog on December 13, 2008, 07:13:00 pm
Probably equal as far as towns go

it's all subjective...however I am very partial to fay since I have lived here since 1999

JoyDivision

Quote from: pimphog on December 13, 2008, 05:57:08 pm
He's not....he's here for a while baby!  This whole ordeal really sucks for AU, but I am lovin being a hog right now....WPS!

unless meyer leaves

Oklahawg

Quote from: JoyDivision on December 13, 2008, 09:02:25 pm
unless meyer leaves

Meyer beats OU and goes ... where? (Makes sense that he'd move on for a new challenge, but ND ain't getting rid of Yaba the Hutt this off-season, or so it appears.)

"Big Game Bob" Stoops, having lost 3 straight BCS games, and being 0 for his last 3 BCS CG, would humbly move on down the road to Florida.

Anyone else think that Petrino wouldn't move within the SEC?
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

oldbear

The entire Auburn board is in meltdown.  The first page is all threads that are questioning the hire.  I think there were two that were positive.  Those will be the two people cheering at the presser.  Chizik's wife and the AD.

mathhog

Quote from: AuburnHog on December 13, 2008, 07:13:00 pm
Probably equal as far as towns go

WOW. 

seriously?

Fayetteville is CONSTANTLY on the list of 'best places to live', 'best places to retire', 'best places to raise a family', etc.

i know driving out towards crossover and/or up by the mall are a major headache, but you gotta admit-- fayetteville is pretty dang cool.  you have the university that isn't "on the plains" -- there are hills everywhere.  and yet, nice old houses close to the college --its not overrun with gas stations at the edge of campus.  add to that the actual 'historic' districts of the civil war stuff and mt. nord behind the big methodist church, and add to that all the crazy hippies protesting the sky being blue, and add to that the 'newer' subdivisions and nice houses, and add to that the like 15 min drive to ozark national forest... ditto lake weddington, lake wilson, miles of bike trails, the big mount sequoyah with the giant cross on it, the downtown square, dickson street....  there are good and bad things about any place but as a non-fayetteville resident who went to school there you have to be kidding to think fay is 'the same as' any sec school city.... oxford is 'quaint' but is a tiny dump.  baton rouge is big but is hot and is down the river from chemical plants and oil refineries, and crime is insane.  gainesville is nice but there's not any other town OTHER than florida.  nashville & lexington & knoxville are great places when i drive thru there but the universities are TOO unimportant there (so much else going on).

fayetteville > auburn.   hands down.

hogSGreer

Here's my favorite

"Auburn just helped Bobby out. There is a shift of power in the West. Alabama is the 800 lb Gorilla with a chainsaw for a dick, LSU is coming back to Earth, State is well State, OM has Pimp Limp and his retarded brother, and Bobby is sittin back smiling like a opossum eatin darn."

mathhog

Quote from: Oklahawg on December 13, 2008, 09:40:43 pm
Anyone else think that Petrino wouldn't move within the SEC?

if he does, it won't be after year 1 with mallet and some amazingly young talent waiiting in the wings.

Petrino could call every one of nutt's plays, in order, each game, recylced exactly from the 2005 season, and still win 9 games next fall.  no reason for himn to leave - yet.

Buff

Quote from: hogSGreer on December 13, 2008, 10:37:44 pm
Here's my favorite

"Auburn just helped Bobby out. There is a shift of power in the West. Alabama is the 800 lb Gorilla with a chainsaw for a dick, LSU is coming back to Earth, State is well State, OM has Pimp Limp and his retarded brother, and Bobby is sittin back smiling like a opossum eatin crap."

;D

Hudge

With Urban Meyer saying his dream job is still ND, after Weiss gets canned in 2009, then Urban moves to ND, who will FL hire? Not someone like Nutt or Chizik.

josh_sec33

Here's my favorite

"Auburn just helped Bobby out. There is a shift of power in the West. Alabama is the 800 lb Gorilla with a chainsaw for a dick, LSU is coming back to Earth, State is well State, OM has Pimp Limp and his retarded brother, and Bobby is sittin back smiling like a opossum eatin crap."

That's funny. :D
Quote from: Hogstocking on February 07, 2008, 11:45:16 am
The 'fence' has been replaced by the Great Wall of China wrapped in barbed wire guarded by snipers. 

Quote from: Fayettechill14 on September 06, 2012, 05:43:24 pm
On a scale of "DGB is a Hog" to "Bobby had a girl on the back of that bike," how sure are you?

deucea729

Quote from: Hudge on December 13, 2008, 11:54:35 pm
With Urban Meyer saying his dream job is still ND, after Weiss gets canned in 2009, then Urban moves to ND, who will FL hire? Not someone like Nutt or Chizik.

You never know.  You couldn't have convinced anyone on this board two days ago that Auburn would hire Chizik, either...

SkunkyMunky

If Meyer bolts for ND, assuming he isn't just saying that is his dream job for a raise.
I could see Petrino down in Gainesville.

That would be the only school I could see him bolting for.
"Do you want to be safe and good, or do you want to take a chance and be great?"
Jimmy Johnson

"Some people are born on third base and go through life thinking they hit a triple."
Barry Switzer

hog trouter

OM has pimp limp and his retarded brother, I about blew my morning coffee on the computer!

hoghearted

Here's my favorite

That's hilarious.
It really is this simple. Unchecked government power leads to corruption, and lack of accountability for it is drastically eroding confidence in our institutions.    aristotle

Lanny

Terrrible hire for Auburn.  The SEC now has a sure win when they play Auburn.  Why fire Tuberville for that loser?
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

farmhawg

JJ is the motho of AD's. He got the guy that really loved the helmet!
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

Steef

Quote from: SkunkyMunky on December 14, 2008, 01:23:07 am
If Meyer bolts for ND, assuming he isn't just saying that is his dream job for a raise.
I could see Petrino down in Gainesville.

That would be the only school I could see him bolting for.

Don't think so.

Everything Coach P does at Arkansas...will be the Bobby Petrino legacy. Everything.

If he jumps to another program...he'll always be the guy that maintained someone else's legacy. Or restored it.

Nope. He's got fertile ground right here. He can make Arkansas a household name...and be known for doing so...forever.

And...on the practical side...we're paying him good, too. Which hasn't always been true of our coaches.

I would be amazed if Coach P ever goes anywhere.

Dr Swineglove

I'm thinking there needs to be a massive influx of mental health professionals moving to Auburn/Opelika and setting up shop.  Those folks are crazy, and they're going to need help.  I volunteer to write a few rX's for thorazine to help the Aubie fans, but I'm not sure if that'll be enough.  I'm declaring a suicide watch for SE Alabama.

Bobby Lowder needs a prefrontal lobotomy now, before he does any more damage to our brethern from Auburn.
Prefrontal lobotomies are not to be performed without the written consent of the patient

Hangin w tha Hawgs

I doubt BP ever leaves arkansas, he said he wants to retire here. And i do believe that is what he will do.

Bryan (CHF)

Quote from: Lanny on December 14, 2008, 07:52:02 am
Terrrible hire for Auburn.  The SEC now has a sure win when they play Auburn.  Why fire Tuberville for that loser?
Agree.

Also for those thinking about if BP might leave eventually, think about this, the one thing he wanted to do was coach in the SEC and win a National Title. I think BP has seen some of the advantages of being at the "terrible team that should be in the Big 12" in Arkansas. First, because we are the Western most team, we have easy to recruit Texas, Oklahoma, Missouri for great players who want to play in the SEC. There are plenty of great players that want to play in the SEC but don't want to move all the way to Alabama or Florida. Petrino is also proving this season that Arkansas can compete with the other teams in the SEC for a top recruiting class. Throw on top that he was a couple of blown plays and bad calls from being 8-4 vice 5-7 with this team is still amazing.

I'm troubled at the direction Auburn is taking as they need somebody that can hold Saban in check to some degree. I don't see that happening with their new hire but maybe that is just me.
Quote from: Doc Holliday
Why Ed does this mean we're not friends anymore? You know Ed, if I thought you weren't my friend... I just don't think I could bear it!

AuburnHog

Quote from: mathhog on December 13, 2008, 10:35:51 pm
WOW. 

seriously?

Fayetteville is CONSTANTLY on the list of 'best places to live', 'best places to retire', 'best places to raise a family', etc.

i know driving out towards crossover and/or up by the mall are a major headache, but you gotta admit-- fayetteville is pretty dang cool.  you have the university that isn't "on the plains" -- there are hills everywhere.  and yet, nice old houses close to the college --its not overrun with gas stations at the edge of campus.  add to that the actual 'historic' districts of the civil war stuff and mt. nord behind the big methodist church, and add to that all the crazy hippies protesting the sky being blue, and add to that the 'newer' subdivisions and nice houses, and add to that the like 15 min drive to ozark national forest... ditto lake weddington, lake wilson, miles of bike trails, the big mount sequoyah with the giant cross on it, the downtown square, dickson street....  there are good and bad things about any place but as a non-fayetteville resident who went to school there you have to be kidding to think fay is 'the same as' any sec school city.... oxford is 'quaint' but is a tiny dump.  baton rouge is big but is hot and is down the river from chemical plants and oil refineries, and crime is insane.  gainesville is nice but there's not any other town OTHER than florida.  nashville & lexington & knoxville are great places when i drive thru there but the universities are TOO unimportant there (so much else going on).

fayetteville > auburn.   hands down.

Not trying to get in a pi$$ing contest over this, but Auburn is always on those list as well. I believe on one of those list Fayetteville was 2 spots above Auburn so yes it's maybe slightly better.   There are 8 golf courses here for crying out loud.  It was voted by Golf digest as the #1 golfing community in America a few years ago.  The school system is fantastic being #2 in Alabama behind Mt Brook in B'ham and was #125 in the US.  Auburn is 1 1/2 hours from Atlanta, 1 3/4 hours to B'ham, 30 min to Montgomery, 3 hours to the gulf coast (3 and 45min to Destin).  I've been to Fayetteville many times and it's a nice place as well, and probably equal to Auburn.  We lived in Knoxville for 3 years before Auburn so I can compare it as well. 

We moved here 6 years ago for me to go to graduate school and never left b/c it's such a nice place.  Petrino liked it too! 

On a side note, our good friends bought his house when he left town. 

AuburnHog

Oh and one more thing, I find myself defending Fayetteville to most SEC fans I know just as I'm defending Auburn to you guys.  I have several friends who have been to games at every SEC venue but Fayetteville b/c they have no desire to go there.  I think Fayetteville and Auburn have the same stigma as far as being rural and redneck when they are both far from that.  They are both very nice places to live and visit. 

josh_sec33

Quote from: Hogstocking on February 07, 2008, 11:45:16 am
The 'fence' has been replaced by the Great Wall of China wrapped in barbed wire guarded by snipers. 

Quote from: Fayettechill14 on September 06, 2012, 05:43:24 pm
On a scale of "DGB is a Hog" to "Bobby had a girl on the back of that bike," how sure are you?

DoubleReedHawgCaller

A couple female midgets, a few bottles of Wild Irish Rose, and a room at the Trout Inn...... who knows what may happen.....

Hoggish1

No reason!  And after one year of Chizik they will be even less attractive.  It looks like they have the worst booster problem in the SEC.  I never thought anyone could top us with JL but Lawder is in a league all his own.

JoePaul03

Quote from: Hudge on December 13, 2008, 11:54:35 pm

Someone like, say, Ron Zook???
WCOB, 2003

JoePaul03

Quote from: BlakeReese on December 14, 2008, 11:25:42 am
BP

BP isn't going anywhere for a good while.  Meyer isn't going to ND and leaving Florida.

I'm sick of posts inferring that Arkansas is just a "stepladder" to the "big times" in the SEC.  If you don't think anymore of the Razorbacks than that, you haven't done much research.  And if you haven't done the research; you don't know a lot about Razorback football.

One thing I don't understand about the Meyer/ND thing...I know he has said it's his dream job, but...He turned ND for UF a few years ago...and in that time, ND's situation has gotten worse, and UF's has gotten better. I just don't see why if he didn't take his "dream job" a few years back that he would take it now.

And, I don't know where everyone here lives and travels to, but if you've ever been to the Chicago/Indianapolis in the middle of winter...and then compare that to Florida...There's another reason to stay at UF instead of going to ND.
WCOB, 2003

Lonnie Earl

The only job(s) that AR fans have to worry about in the near future are FSU and Miami... The Petrino brothers have strong recruiting ties in the state of Florida and both of those schools would be a lot easier to recruit to than AR. That's a fact...

Although, Petrino would have to have us looking pretty dang good for either of those two programs to come calling for him. Our future is bright...

PowderedToastMan

Doesn't Petrino have a clause in his contract that says he cannot leave for another SEC west school?
WOOOOOOOO PIG SOOIE!!!

RazorBrat

Quote from: mathhog on December 13, 2008, 10:35:51 pm

Great, thanks.  Now I am homesick :(