Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Will Secord and Raymond Cotton

Started by Hogtropolis™, December 11, 2008, 10:17:48 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Hogtropolis™

December 11, 2008, 10:17:48 am Last Edit: December 11, 2008, 10:26:42 am by Hogtropolis™
With Cotton setting up a visit and our coaches going after him hard is there a chance that Secord decommits.

I'm not saying that our coaches will pull his scholarship, but could they possibly be telling him that if he comes here there will be a slim chance that he ever gets to play?

Look at his stats compared to Cotton's

Cotton - PA    PC   Pct    Yds   TD  Int
            300  154  50.3  2,243  24   12

Secord - PA   PC    Pct   Yds   TD   Int
            327 167  51.1  2,382  20   15

The only reason I saw this is because I really don't see us giving scholarships to two QB's during this class.

Erockster20

We better get one though.  I would hate to lose Secord because we are looking around, then not get Cotton.

Wes Craven

We could do without either. Neither one is a can't miss guy. We have 3 very capable quarterbacks on campus next year in Junior Nathan Dick, Redshirt Sophomore Ryan Mallet and more than likely Redshirt Freshman Tyler Wilson due to his illness.

The Class of 2011 in the state of Arkansas will probably produce a minimum of 3 Division I quarterbacks in Kiehl Frazier (Shiloh Christian), Brandon Allen (Fayetteville) and Darion Griswold (Dumas). Frazier and Allen have both proven to be very capable this year and Griswold is a great looking athlete at 6'5" 220 lbs. though his future may lie on the hardwood.

Hogtropolis™

Quote from: Wes Craven on December 11, 2008, 11:10:00 am
We could do without either. Neither one is a can't miss guy. We have 3 very capable quarterbacks on campus next year in Junior Nathan Dick, Redshirt Sophomore Ryan Mallet and more than likely Redshirt Freshman Tyler Wilson due to his illness.
Dick is going to be a redshirt soph next year not a junior.

SpineHog

i agree with your original point, though.  we could really do without a QB year.  i'd rather have another D lineman than QB.

jmingram911

Quote from: somewherenorth on December 11, 2008, 11:22:24 am
i agree with your original point, though.  we could really do without a QB year.  i'd rather have another D lineman than QB.

I agree, we need linemen(Off. and DEF.) more than we need QBs.

wholehog92

one currently on campus may be talking about transfer?
My personal list of trolls so that I can remember not to reply to them:  Pigs Been Fly, gohogsgo006, hanksampson, no3putts, HarryGoat, Oxbaker, Olmissbydamn, LocalHawg, Thatguy, Masterhog, servicesupport, Razorhawg09, Big Poppa Z,  $100 Handshake, Poloprince.

List of folks that reasonable conversation will not happen:  Iron Hog, Jman, hognot, Solomwi, hogfan1111x, pigzwillrise.

Favorite Posters:  WilsonHog, Tomhog, Muskogeehog, Razorfox, TammayTom, razorback3072, bennyl08.

Tusks

Is it for sure that Cotton is going to visit.

I know the coaches have been in his house but is it 100% he will take a visit to Fay?  I thought that was still up in the air.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

cardinalandwhite

Quote from: jmingram911 on December 11, 2008, 01:00:26 pm
I agree, we need linemen(Off. and DEF.) more than we need QBs.

The whole idea is to get a QB now so that when Wilson and Mallet are gone, we have another older QB ready to come in and play.
"Wise people think all they say; fools say all they think." - Anonymous

Hawgvillain

Quote from: nutted on December 11, 2008, 01:24:25 pm
Is it for sure that Cotton is going to visit.

I know the coaches have been in his house but is it 100% he will take a visit to Fay?  I thought that was still up in the air.
His father said he was visiting the UofA.  Unless you have reason to believe otherwise I'd say it's pretty certain he's visiting.

PorkerOinker

Cotton would be the perfect reciever size from Petrino's days at Louisville.
"America promises equal opportunity, not equal outcomes"-Paul Ryan

songofthesword

you get a QB now so you don't break the flow in 2011, not worrying about 2009.

QB is the single most important position you can recruit. i'd rather take 2 QB's if we have to. you ca never have too many good ones.

heaveit

This is on the ESPN web site today!

Cotton back with Tigers
Quarterback Raymond Cotton re-committed to Auburn shortly after de-committing from the Tigers. Apparently, Cotton and his father were reassured that Auburn would attract a quality head coach and staff.

songofthesword

that has to be the stupidest thing I have ever heard in recruting.

who is going ot tell a recruit "man.. we are looking for a reall peice of 2@@@ coach, a real headscratcher!"

oh well, it is what it is

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: heaveit on December 11, 2008, 02:57:26 pm
This is on the ESPN web site today!

Cotton back with Tigers
Quarterback Raymond Cotton re-committed to Auburn shortly after de-committing from the Tigers. Apparently, Cotton and his father were reassured that Auburn would attract a quality head coach and staff.

I sure hope that its just ESPN rumor because the Auburn fans are not even aware of it.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

want2be

Secord has only been playing football for 2 yrs and he is a lefty....Petrino must see alot of potential in him..........but out of the two, Cotton would have to be first choice.

Wes Craven

Quote from: songofthesword on December 11, 2008, 02:47:06 pm
you get a QB now so you don't break the flow in 2011, not worrying about 2009.

QB is the single most important position you can recruit. i'd rather take 2 QB's if we have to. you ca never have too many good ones.

If we bring in a QB in next year's recruiting class he would be either a junior or a redshirt sophomore when Wilson graduated. We don't need to take a QB just to tkae one. That is a loser mentality. I was at senior camp and Secord was very unimpressive. He threw numerous balls directly into the ground during pass skeleton. He may prove me wrong and I hope he does but he is not a top flight QB.

songofthesword

but that is assuming he pans out. what if he doesn't?

QB is the one position where you utterlry cannot afford to have a bust at the position. that same thinking is how we ended up with freaking robert johnson as QB.. becuase "man we he is a a redshirt sophmore, we are set".. NOT.

I wonder why we took Secord early on.  We shouldn't need a QB for the next 3 years but you never know.  Remember that about 4 years ago, OK had 4 top QBs in their stable.  The Ga transfer never really panned out, another transferred out and one became a WR.  Soon after that, Bomar got caught cheating and was dismissed and OU immediately had a QB problem.  The WR came back to QB and did OK and OU hustled up another QB prospect from Michigan and found Bradford.  Bradford won the starting job as a freshman redshirt I think and the Michigan QB transferred back home.  Point is, not many top notch QBs set for years on end not playing.  I still believe Nathan will transfer before next season and wouldn't be surprised if Wilson follows him a year later.  We may need help much sooner than we think.