Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Malzahn to stay at Tulsa for another year?

Started by Chappeee, December 10, 2008, 08:15:52 am

Previous topic - Next topic

LivingLegends

Quote from: RunnerHog on December 10, 2008, 01:10:30 pm
What's the matter living legend you having a bwain bweed?

You're like the fly buzzing around my head.  Are you 5 years old.  Cause if so, I apologize.  If not?  I feel sorry for you.  Really. 

Pigsknuckles

Quote from: ListenHereMister on December 10, 2008, 08:37:29 am
When Graham goes to Auburn or Miss State, Gus will be the HC at Tulsa.

Mentioned in another post that KRMG radio in Tulsa says Auburn may be courting Graham. Haven't seen any legs yet on this , but it make for interesting possibilities.
"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

The Hogfather

Quote from: Pigsknuckles on December 10, 2008, 01:40:19 pm
Mentioned in another post that KRMG radio in Tulsa says Auburn may be courting Graham. Haven't seen any legs yet on this , but it make for interesting possibilities.

Oh, I hope so.  And I hope Malzahn stays at Tulsa as their HC.  We will clean Auburn's clock for as long as Graham is there.  He sucks.  I'd hire Malzahn right now before I hired Graham at Auburn, with only 3 years of OC experience.

dr_arkansawyer

Quote from: The Hogfather on December 10, 2008, 01:42:53 pm
Oh, I hope so.  And I hope Malzahn stays at Tulsa as their HC.  We will clean Auburn's clock for as long as Graham is there.  He sucks.  I'd hire Malzahn right now before I hired Graham at Auburn, with only 3 years of OC experience.
I know what it means to "clean someone's clock," but where does that expression come from? 

"I'm gonna clean ur clock!"  Great, just as long as you don't kick my a$$.  Lulz.
We need the iron qualities that go with true manhood. We need the positive virtues of resolution, of courage, of indomitable will, of power to do without shrinking the rough work that must always be done.

Theodore Roosevelt
1858-1919, Twenty-sixth President of the USA

pimpndistress

Quote from: hognot on December 10, 2008, 10:05:13 am
If rumor mill is true:

Kevin Wilson- OC at OU will be HC at Miss St soon and that Stoops has already been in contact with Malzahn.

The quickest way to be a head coach is to work with Stoops at OU-- all his boys get hired.
Right on with this one ( but I hate OU ) but it is what it is
:razorback:  FIRE JEFF LONG :razorback:
SMITE ME IF YOU LOVE  JEFF LONG [move]

Pigsknuckles

Quote from: dr_arkansawyer on December 10, 2008, 01:52:18 pm
I know what it means to "clean someone's clock," but where does that expression come from? 

"I'm gonna clean ur clock!"  Great, just as long as you don't kick my a$$.  Lulz.

Ranks right up there with the   "and Bobs your Uncle"  metaphor. Google offers several opinions for both.
"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

The Marmot

Quote from: LivingLegends on December 10, 2008, 01:20:12 pm
You're like the fly buzzing around my head.  Are you 5 years old.  Cause if so, I apologize.  If not?  I feel sorry for you.  Really. 

Skip cant help himself. He's on his 5th or 6th Hogville acct now, if that tells you anything.
I was booooorn to love you... I was booooorn to lick your face... I was booooorn to rub you... but you were born to rub me first - Ty Webb

Quote from: WilsonHog on October 28, 2014, 06:59:50 pm
The fact that you can type the words doesn't stop the thought behind those words from being horseshit.

GO HOGS!!!!!!!

The Marmot

I was booooorn to love you... I was booooorn to lick your face... I was booooorn to rub you... but you were born to rub me first - Ty Webb

Quote from: WilsonHog on October 28, 2014, 06:59:50 pm
The fact that you can type the words doesn't stop the thought behind those words from being horseshit.

GO HOGS!!!!!!!

Gus the head hog

PigPusher

December 10, 2008, 03:03:38 pm #59 Last Edit: December 10, 2008, 04:15:23 pm by PigPusher
Quote from: RunnerHog on December 10, 2008, 12:18:55 pm
He's a obvious hugger, don't pay any attention

You use the word "Hugger" like it is something bad. That is like "Light tunnel" as in the light that shines all the way through your head from ear to ear.  :-\
A loyal and proud Hogville Hog since 07-01-2003 "pushing" our hogs: And a loyal Razorback fan since 1954.

donewithdale

Quote from: NinoHog on December 11, 2008, 08:10:01 am
His high school teams did well against nobodies esp Springdale 06.... ECA was down so was Jenks they could not have be several teams in Arkansas that year...

Tulsa was had won 8 games before Gus and Kragthrope wasn't too shabby at Tulsa... Get your head out of Gus arse... ECU drove Tulsa and last year UCF drove tulsa

LR Central agenda warning!

ECU drove Tulsa? 

hogz17

I think it is official (and it may have been previous) that Gus is the second most divisive topic of conversation for Arkansasans behind Nutt.  Mr. Clinton you can move on down the list.

jbt

December 11, 2008, 02:33:43 pm #63 Last Edit: December 11, 2008, 02:43:17 pm by jbt
Springdale 06 Played nobodies.  Gus wasn't there in 06 - but he was in 05.  14-0   Hehe.    Mercy ruled everyone including Shreveport Evangel on National TV.   I guess when he started at Hughes he played nobodies.  But wound up leading them to the State Finals.  Went to Shiloh Christian and played a bunch of nobodies.   
Shiloh Christian - 1998 Josh Floyd sets National Records (66 passing TDS, 5,878 yards)
Springdale - 2005 - outscored opponents 664-118 (and could've been much worse if the starters had played more than 2 quarters.)   26-1 record at Springdale last 2 years losing in semi-finals to a very good LR Central team and beating a good West Memphis team 54-20 in the finals.
Tulsa same thing.   Just plays a bunch of nobodies

Just cause the offense where he's been is putting up NCAA leading numbers and done things no offense has ever done in NCAA history (like 1,000 yard rusher, 3 x 1,000 yard receivers, and a 5,000 yard passer).   Nobodies.   Every school he's been to the last 17 years - he's averaged what 10-11 wins a season.   

You think maybe he can coach a little? :D    Naa, couldn't be.

We do have some real idiots posting on here.  That includes the ones who always, without fail, start complaining every time the Malzahn name comes up anywhere, anytime.  And then there are those who do relate Gus as the #1 prospect for any job anywhere in the NCAA as if he has a promise of first refusal  everywhere.  The fools who usually start their post with I'm sick of or get over it and try to use every excuse to complain about Malzahn are either plain ole everyday idiots or they are trying to hack off the Gus for every job available group.  We folks here in the middle are sick of it and want you to get over it, either way.

KENDALLF

Quote from: LivingLegends on December 10, 2008, 11:59:47 am
That's stupid.  Your logic is flawed in every since of the word.  If you can't see that....I'm not gonna waste my time explaining it either.
possibly the dumbest post ever; four sentences that end up saying nothing
My sports world is finally looking up. The Hogs are back, my Texans are improving, and if only the Rangers would get some dang pitching!

Hog1952

LivingLegends

Mr. Hog

December 12, 2008, 01:26:49 am #68 Last Edit: December 12, 2008, 01:33:37 am by Mr. Hog
Quote from: LivingLegends on December 10, 2008, 10:12:39 am
I will believe that when I see it.  Your saying Boob Stoops would trust his program to a coach with 3 years college experience?  I highly doubt it.

It's football not brain surgery, Malzahn would do a good job regardless where he coaches.
Go Hogs Go!

Mr. Hog

His high school teams did well against nobodies esp Springdale 06.... ECA was down so was Jenks they could not have be several teams in Arkansas that year...

Tulsa was had won 8 games before Gus and Kragthrope wasn't too shabby at Tulsa... Get your head out of Gus arse... ECU drove Tulsa and last year UCF drove tulsa
"Tulsa was had won 8 games before Gus"  What the heck does this mean ? Tulsa was had one. Now thats genius !
Everyone listens when u talk huh ?
Go Hogs Go!

Gus the head hog

You have no clue what you are saying. Kragthorpe turned the program around.

Gus the head hog

The year before Kragthorpe TU had a whopping 1 win season!

LivingLegends

Quote from: Mr. Hog on December 12, 2008, 01:26:49 am
It's football not brain surgery, Malzahn would do a good job regardless where he coaches.

I'm not saying Gus isn't a good coach.  All i'm saying is his role, "IF" he hired on at Oklahomo, wouldn't be any different than his role when he was here.  Boob would tell him what to run and Gus would say yes sir masta sir, like he did here, then quit.  Like he did here. 

However, I think Gus is on the right track.  He knows his role right now and has accepted it.  Notice I said, 'right now.'  He'll make a fine coach someday.  Now is just not his time as some on this board disagree.

arklahoman36

I know people assume Gus would be the next HC at Tulsa when Graham leaves, but a reporter for the Tulsa World that covers TU football said if Graham had been offered and taken the Auburn job (or elsewhere), Herb Hand would be most likely coach to be named interim HC. If that's the case, not sure what it means for Gus at Tulsa. The assumption could have been Gus leaves with Graham.

hogfantransplant