Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

It SUCKS to be Auburn...

Started by hogzndogz, December 09, 2008, 11:39:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Tim Harris

According to their website he is Assistant Head Coach/Co-Offensive Coord.

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: Brewhahog on December 10, 2008, 08:14:11 am
It's Syracuse.

Yep.  Gill to Syracuse has been out there for several weeks.

Wild Bill Hog

JimmyJames

I've been shocked how many times I've heard Gus's name mentioned in Birmingham in the past 6 months.  When Nutt hired Gus nobody in the state of Alabama had ever heard his name or much less heard of Springdale. They just assumed Gus was a poor mans version of Rush Propst, who was the old Hoover High School coach before he was fired last year.  Now Gus seems to be highly respected when his name is mentioned - you would never hear his name compared to Rush Propst today.  It just goes to show how perception can change so fast and overall its definitely going in Gus's favor.

Quote from: Hogjammin on December 10, 2008, 01:48:30 pm
Is Gus considered the #2 coach on that staff?  I never really hear Gus' name come up that often except on Hogville when coaching changes are brought up.

GolfnHog

In the current state that Auburn football  team is in, Turner Gill could do wonders for that program if the idiot boosters that keep screwing up the recipe would stay the hell out of the kitchen. Hell Auburn is at a very low point right now and rebuilding fan trust, the team and all that goes into that is just what Turner Gill could bring to them. For those that did not see the MAC championship game, Turner Gill was cool, calm and showed great poise and professionalism in the web and flows of that game. AFter the game, the humility that he showed was unbelieveable and he could not have been more pleased for his kids....that's right the kids, the program and not once did he mention himself and he showed that through composed but strained emotions.  If you don't think he couldn't go head to head with Saban in recruiting, then I think you fail to see what the man is. Granted, he probably has a 3 year rebuilding project in front of him but rest assured he could get Auburn to a point that would be beneficial to Auburn & the SEC. The man just has "it".

see the quote below for further proof!
Have you ever listened to someone  or read what they put into thoughts and wondered...."who ties your shoelaces for you?"

DMacIsASaint

Quote from: hawgsav1 on December 10, 2008, 05:55:26 am
I will agree that Auburn doesn't really have a shot at a big name coach, but there are certainly proven coaches out there: Derek Dooley, Turner Gill, etc.  These guys will be forces when they get a chance at a big school.  Problem is, they're going to need a supportive and helpful administration, which I don't think Auburn will give. 

People said we didnt have a chance at a bigname coach..

dianne fineswine

Quote from: hogzndogz on December 09, 2008, 11:39:37 pm
Look at the coaches Auburn is going after...
Turner from Buffalo
Dooley from LA tech
Garner from GA
Graham from Tulsa
Hoke from Ball St.
------------------
Uhm? Wasn't it this time last year we were looking at Kiffin, Kelley, Tubberville, Grobe, Strong, Petrino, Bowden, and Muschamp? PROVEN COACHES.

Auburn is being TURNED DOWN by assistants... so they are going after decent at best, except maybe for Graham, whose pretty good... but still.. Jeff Long has never looked so good...
Change good to lucky and I will agree!
Ineptocracy - a system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing and where the members of society least likely to sustain themselves or succeed are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.

Porkette

Judging by what we learned during our own search last year, there are all kinds of token interviews that take place for these jobs that aren't really top choices. That's even more likely to be true if the intervew is just calmly put out there as public knowledge.

I'm afraid gloating over these kinds of situations can come back and haunt you later, like when people said we would not be able to get a proven head coach or big-name guy (hopefully it's true in their case though.  ;D).
GO HOGS GO!

Brand X Hog Fan

Quote from: JimmyJames on December 10, 2008, 02:56:41 pm
I've been shocked how many times I've heard Gus's name mentioned in Birmingham in the past 6 months.  When Nutt hired Gus nobody in the state of Alabama had ever heard his name or much less heard of Springdale. They just assumed Gus was a poor mans version of Rush Propst, who was the old Hoover High School coach before he was fired last year.  Now Gus seems to be highly respected when his name is mentioned - you would never hear his name compared to Rush Propst today.  It just goes to show how perception can change so fast and overall its definitely going in Gus's favor.

Alabamites are still trying to figure out that "Swinging Gate" play Gus pulled out of his hat against them. 8)
"I want to give you [Arkansas] something you've never had." - Coach Bielema, December 5, 2012, the beginning of a Dynasty!

Quote from: oldbear on January 14, 2013, 07:56:49 pm
The recruiting rankings guarantee success about as well as getting Lee Corso to choose your team as the winner.

Ex-Trumpet

Don't be surprised if Auburn lands a Gordon Gekko.
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

WilsonHog

Auburn has got to make a splash with this hire, especially given the quality of coach that they ran off. That move, plus the Saban Factor, pretty much rules out bringing in a coordinator or a mid-major coach. This time last year Bobby Petrino would have been a perfect hire for them. Turner Gill doesn't have the name; neither does Dooley or Graham.

Bobby Lowder screwed Auburn for years to come with Jetgate. It cost the Tigers Petrino then and prevented the same kind of back-room deal that brought Tuberville to Auburn, and that almost brought Petrino there, from being cut now.

3kgthog

Auburn has no one else to blame...but Tommy Tuberville! He's the genius that figured he'd just switch to the spread offense even though his players did not fit that system. Nevermind the fact that he had an undefeated season with a smashmouth, punch you in the face offense. The decision to switch philosophies was the dumbest move since TCWTF's nine consecutive runs to the right against South Carolina.

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: 3kgthog on December 10, 2008, 06:19:05 pm
Auburn has no one else to blame...but Tommy Tuberville! He's the genius that figured he'd just switch to the spread offense even though his players did not fit that system. Nevermind the fact that he had an undefeated season with a smashmouth, punch you in the face offense. The decision to switch philosophies was the dumbest move since TCWTF's nine consecutive runs to the right against South Carolina.

I'm not convinced the new offense was Tuberville's choice...
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

Illinihog

Quote from: NWASooner on December 10, 2008, 08:18:08 am
Big time coaches usually have big time jobs already.  If you have options, then Auburn isn't an option.  They have crazy boosters with unrealistic expectations and for better or worse, you'll always be #2 in your own state.

Tuberville average 8.5 and 4 while going 7-3 against Bama and got fired.

FWIW, Turner Gill would be a GREAT hire for them.

Auburn is no different than Arkansas with the Crazy ass boosters who want to run the place.  Hell half our fan base thinks we should win 10 games every year.

hogsndawgs

Quote from: hogzndogz on December 09, 2008, 11:39:37 pm
Look at the coaches Auburn is going after...
Turner from Buffalo
Dooley from LA tech
Garner from GA
Graham from Tulsa
Hoke from Ball St.
------------------
Uhm? Wasn't it this time last year we were looking at Kiffin, Kelley, Tubberville, Grobe, Strong, Petrino, Bowden, and Muschamp? PROVEN COACHES.

Auburn is being TURNED DOWN by assistants... so they are going after decent at best, except maybe for Graham, whose pretty good... but still.. Jeff Long has never looked so good...

(UPDATE): I think Gill would be a good recruiter but your staff who you bring w you is also important... he doesn't have that.

My point is, Arkansas from a national stand point must be a more attractive place to coach then Auburn. Maybe it's Saban, or the two school state deal, but all in all-- Arkansas looked for Coach's who could get players where most of them want to be- the NFL. And Auburn is not...

Good point, much like the time Florida fired Zook and was forced to go after a mid major coach named Urban Meyer. Since then, Florida has virtually fallen off the map.

Justifiable Hogicide

Quote from: Wild Bill Hog on December 10, 2008, 02:44:37 pm
Would rather have Lindsey any day compared to Lowder.
Not me.
Lowder tried to bring in Petrino and they already had Tuberville.
Lindsey kept that moron Nutt here for ten years and damn near destroyed our program.

hogzndogz

Quote from: hogsndawgs on December 10, 2008, 07:20:07 pm
Good point, much like the time Florida fired Zook and was forced to go after a mid major coach named Urban Meyer. Since then, Florida has virtually fallen off the map.
Yeah.. get a mid-major coach to compete with Saban and tell me how that goes
WooPigs.

hogsndawgs

Quote from: hogzndogz on December 10, 2008, 07:28:39 pm
Yeah.. get a mid-major coach to compete with Saban and tell me how that goes

Another good point. Oh yeah, this just in: The mid major coach that Florida hired is 1-0 against Nick Saban.

kcabrozaR

Quote from: Illinihog on December 10, 2008, 07:14:48 pm
Auburn is no different than Arkansas with the Crazy ass boosters who want to run the place.  Hell half our fan base thinks we should win 10 games every year.
That would be 13 games. ;)
WE EAT SAWDUST WE CRAP LOGS WE AIN'T NOTHING BUT MEAN ASS HOGS
          Do not argue with an idiot, people watching may not notice the difference!

hogzndogz

Quote from: hogsndawgs on December 10, 2008, 07:34:47 pm
Another good point. Oh yeah, this just in: The mid major coach that Florida hired is 1-0 against Nick Saban.
Florida's another university? This post is about Auburn... And i'm saying a mid-major coach won't be able to compete recruiting or game wise w Saban.. especially if Tuberville can't.
WooPigs.

UAalumUALRlaw

Auburn was crazy for firing TT, no question, but why the knock on coaches who don't have a 'big name.'?

The following coaches came from mid majors and are now pretty successful: Jim Tressel (Youngstown State), Urban Meyer (Utah), Lou Holtz (William and Mary), Ken Hattfield (Air Force), Frank Beamer (Murray St.), Gary Pinkel (Toledo)...That's off the top of my head, I'm sure there are plenty that I'm leaving out. 

And the guy coaching at Bama, he is also a former mid major coach from might UToledo.

COCHISE

Quote from: hogsndawgs on December 10, 2008, 07:34:47 pm
I wouldn't call Utah a mid major.

hogzndogz

Quote from: UAalumUALRlaw on December 10, 2008, 08:16:14 pm
Auburn was crazy for firing TT, no question, but why the knock on coaches who don't have a 'big name.'?

The following coaches came from mid majors and are now pretty successful: Jim Tressel (Youngstown State), Urban Meyer (Utah), Lou Holtz (William and Mary), Ken Hattfield (Air Force), Frank Beamer (Murray St.), Gary Pinkel (Toledo)...That's off the top of my head, I'm sure there are plenty that I'm leaving out. 

And the guy coaching at Bama, he is also a former mid major coach from might UToledo.

Ha, sorry. Any MID-MAJOR coach won't get a break against Saban. We seem to be forgetting that. Auburn's biggest opponent and rival has if not the biggest, one of the biggest names in college football as a coach to recruit against... and play against. I'm not saying it hasn't worked in that past cause it has, i'm just saying to compete w. Saban what so ever you have to go big, or go home.. home being blown out by bama yr. after yr.
WooPigs.

songofthesword

this is very very silly

football is football is football.. from high school to college to the NFL. a good coach is a good coach. a good coach can coach with anyone.

you get a mid major coach who is intelligent, well spoken, and hungry enough and he can do well down at auburn. it's that simple.

hogsndawgs

Quote from: 870 RZR on December 10, 2008, 08:30:59 pm
I wouldn't call Utah a mid major.

http://www.answers.com/mid%20major#Football

In college football, the term "mid-major" can be applied to either those Division I FBS (formerly I-A) schools that do not play in the six BCS conferences, or Division I FCS (formerly I-AA) schools that play non-scholarship football (such as the Ivy League, the Pioneer Football League, and the Patriot League). Notre Dame has retained its independent status in football, but is a member of the Big East in most other sports, and is also included in the BCS. Mid-major football schools play in the following Division I FBS conferences:

WilsonHog

Y'all are missing the point. The issue isn't whether mid-major coaches can be successful; they clearly can.

The issue is whether Auburn can sell a mid-major coach to their fan base and recruits, given the environment surrounding their program at this time.

songofthesword

I think you are missing the point wilson.

the pint isn't rather they can sell it. it's can they bring in the right guy that can sell it.

do you have any doubt that if they hired urban meyer before he went to utah, straight from toloedo, that wihtin 3 weeks of his hire he would have had auburn fans pissing with excitement? a good coach is a good coach, is a good coach

WilsonHog

Quote from: songofthesword on December 10, 2008, 11:12:36 pm

the pint isn't rather they can sell it. it's can they bring in the right guy that can sell it.

do you have any doubt that if they hired urban meyer before he went to utah, straight from toloedo, that wihtin 3 weeks of his hire he would have had auburn fans pissing with excitement? a good coach is a good coach, is a good coach

Yes, I do doubt it. Urban Meyer himself said that he needed a couple of jobs to refine what he was doing; he needed the Utah gig to tinker with his offensive philosophy before he took it to Gainesville.

Plus, this is a booster-controlled, big-money, high-stakes game, especially at Auburn right now. If Jay Jacobs missteps here, guys like Bobby Lowder will have his balls in their pockets.

FelixJonesorDMAC?

The Saban factor is going to hurt Auburn.  Every coach in the country knows that Auburn is second fiddle to Alabama. 

Auburn could be headed to Mississippi State status if they are not careful with this hire. 

Turner Gill would be a great hire for this program, but it could be a death sentence for the next coach if they are not successful.

COCHISE

Quote from: songofthesword on December 10, 2008, 11:12:36 pm

And that's the big question with Gill at this point, can he sell it?  He's 15-21 at a MAC school, not exactly something that's going to cause a recruit to choose playing for him over Saban.  And for all those pushing for Auburn to hire Gill, ask yourself this question, what would you have said last year if Long had considered hiring a coach from the MAC with a 15-21 record, seriously.  Most on here would have been calling for his head.  We wanted/needed a big name hire, so does Auburn, probably even more so.  Make no mistake, Auburn is searching for a coach to go up against Saban, is Gill that coach?  Right now I don't think so.  Having said that, I think Gill is a good coach and will soon go Meyer's route and move on to a larger school and play tougher competition, if he's still successful after that he'll get a looked at by the larger programs.  But right now Gill is still an unproven coach, beating Ball St. for the MAC championship does not make you an SEC caliber coach, especially at an SEC school such as Auburn.

The Hogfather

December 11, 2008, 08:51:28 am #80 Last Edit: December 11, 2008, 08:57:34 am by The Hogfather
Quote from: 870 RZR on December 11, 2008, 07:57:38 am
And that's the big question with Gill at this point, can he sell it?  He's 15-21 at a MAC school, not exactly something that's going to cause a recruit to choose playing for him over Saban.  And for all those pushing for Auburn to hire Gill, ask yourself this question, what would you have said last year if Long had considered hiring a coach from the MAC with a 15-21 record, seriously.  Most on here would have been calling for his head.  We wanted/needed a big name hire, so does Auburn, probably even more so.  Make no mistake, Auburn is searching for a coach to go up against Saban, is Gill that coach?  Right now I don't think so.  Having said that, I think Gill is a good coach and will soon go Meyer's route and move on to a larger school and play tougher competition, if he's still successful after that he'll get a looked at by the larger programs.  But right now Gill is still an unproven coach, beating Ball St. for the MAC championship does not make you an SEC caliber coach, especially at an SEC school such as Auburn.

If you are the coach of BUFFALO it does.  They didn't even have Division I football 10 years ago.  They were 10-69 from 1999-2005.

Idiots who think like that will never get a successful coach.  "He's only 15-22 at a MAC SCHOOL!  Why in the hell would we want him?".  Ummmmmm.....Buffalo, in the 3 years before Gill was hired went 4-30.  4-30!!!  In the 3 years he has been there, they have gone 15-22 with a MAC Championship this year!

It's all relative to where a guy is coaching.  It's like the people last year that were saying Jim Grobe is a $hitty coach when it was announced we were going to hire him.

It is only dumbarses that think like that.

I would've been thrilled to death if they hired Turner Gill LAST YEAR because I knew then that he was a very good coach and would go on to bigger and better things very soon.  This year, he comes out and wins the MAC Championship.

Turner Gill would be a GREAT hire for Auburn, but I don't think they're smart enough to pull it off.  We'll see.

pitbull1

Whoever they get, they better do it fast, before more recruits decommit

OTTER

Quote from: pitbull1 on December 11, 2008, 09:25:18 am
Whoever they get, they better do it fast, before more recruits decommit
Exactly.  And it may be too late now.  Unless they hire someone with a big WOW factor, they can forget having a good recruiting class this year and maybe next.  If they do have a "wow" coach in mind, they need to get it done and announced very quickly.
BE AFRAID!!  Be very, very afraid!  The Hogs are hungry and you look a lot like lunch!

Sivad

Sure is nice to see Auburn and other schools floundering around trying to hire a top flight head coach, while we have the coach they all want right here at Arkansas.
As opposed to a coach we had to kick out the door crying and screaming.

COCHISE

Quote from: The Hogfather on December 11, 2008, 08:51:28 am
Idiots who think like that will never get a successful coach.  "He's only 15-22 at a MAC SCHOOL!  Why in the hell would we want him?".  Ummmmmm.....Buffalo, in the 3 years before Gill was hired went 4-30.  4-30!!!  In the 3 years he has been there, they have gone 15-22 with a MAC Championship this year!

Well whoopty schit!!  This year, their "championship year", they beat Texas-El Paso, Temple, Army, Ohio, Miami (OH), Akron, Bowling Green and Ball St.  They lost to Pitt, Mizzou, Central Michigan, Western Michigan, and Kent St.  Again, I'm not saying Gill is not a good coach, but if you think he's ready to step in to the SEC, especially the Auburn job you're sadly mistaken.   

The Hogfather

Quote from: 870 RZR on December 11, 2008, 10:28:39 am
Well whoopty schit!!  This year, their "championship year", they beat Texas-El Paso, Temple, Army, Ohio, Miami (OH), Akron, Bowling Green and Ball St.  They lost to Pitt, Mizzou, Central Michigan, Western Michigan, and Kent St.  Again, I'm not saying Gill is not a good coach, but if you think he's ready to step in to the SEC, especially the Auburn job you're sadly mistaken.

I wasn't initially implying that you were one of those people.  But, I'm starting to wonder.  AGAIN, HE IS AT BUFFALO.  If he was at Kentucky or Tennessee and you said, "they beat UTEP, Temple, Army, Ohio , Miami (OH), Akron, Bowling Green and Ball State," you might have a point.  SINCE HE IS AT BUFFALO AND THEY HAVE WON MORE GAMES IN THE PAST TWO YEARS, UNDER GILL, THAN THEY HAD IN THE PREVIOUS 10 YEARS, YOU DON'T HAVE A POINT.

You probably think Bobby Johnson is a $hitty coach too, don't you?

You OBVIOUSLY don't have a clue....

songofthesword

bobby johnson is a perfect analogy to turner gill. never had a urban myer like season and no one really wanted him because he wasn't sexy enough . low and behold the man canf reaking coach. who would hve thought you put him on a team with talent and he can do some stuff

The Hogfather

Quote from: songofthesword on December 11, 2008, 10:39:43 am
bobby johnson is a perfect analogy to turner gill. never had a urban myer like season and no one really wanted him because he wasn't sexy enough . low and behold the man canf reaking coach. who would hve thought you put him on a team with talent and he can do some stuff

But, I promise you, this 870 guy and probably many, many other fans from schools all over the country just think Bobby Johnson is a horrible coach because he has a 27-56 record at Vanderbilt.  Dude is getting some NFL level talent to start coming to VANDERBILT!

COCHISE

Quote from: The Hogfather on December 11, 2008, 10:44:05 am
But, I promise you, this 870 guy and probably many, many other fans from schools all over the country just think Bobby Johnson is a horrible coach because he has a 27-56 record at Vanderbilt.  Dude is getting some NFL level talent to start coming to VANDERBILT!
Bobby Johnson coached at Furman for 8 YEARS and compiled a 60-36 record, an actual winning record.  He has also come into the SEC and gone up against and beat some of the top teams in the SEC, HE'S A PROVEN COACH.  How in the hell does that compare to Gill who has a losing record in the freakin' MAC.  But you're right Hogfather, this year, his only year as a head coach in which he has had a winning record, going 8-5, Turner Gill is ready to take over the reigns at one of the most powerful football programs in the SEC.  Dipschit.

The Hogfather

Quote from: 870 RZR on December 11, 2008, 12:50:46 pm
Bobby Johnson coached at Furman for 8 YEARS and compiled a 60-36 record, an actual winning record.  He has also come into the SEC and gone up against and beat some of the top teams in the SEC, HE'S A PROVEN COACH.  How in the hell does that compare to Gill who has a losing record in the freakin' MAC.  But you're right Hogfather, this year, his only year as a head coach in which he has had a winning record, going 8-5, Turner Gill is ready to take over the reigns at one of the most powerful football programs in the SEC.  Dipschit.

You'll never get it.  I'll add you to my Don't Know Jack About Jack List, so I never take your opinion seriously in the future.  At least we got this over with now.  I'd hate to get 10 years down the road, thinking your assertions are good as gold, only to find out, like I just did, that you don't have a clue about anything.  Thanks for clearing that up for me.

The Hogfather

6 years before Gill:  Buffalo won 10 games in 6 years (average of 1.67 wins/year)
3 years with Gill:  Buffalo has won 15 games in 3 years (average of 5 wins/year)

Previous high in wins in the MAC (prior to Gill):  2
The last two years, they have 5 MAC wins and 6 MAC wins, respectively.  They also won the MAC Championship this year.  AT BUFFALO!

The Hogfather

Since you seem to be stuck on the SEC thing, winning the MAC Championship after being at Buffalo for 3 years is like the equivalent of winning the SEC Championship at Vanderbilt (before Bobby Johnson) after taking the job 3 years earlier.

That's how big of an accomplishment it was/is.  I don't expect you to understand that, though.

Relativity is the operative word here.

psooie

AUburn should want gill, don't know if gill should want auburn since its a zoo

threeNout

Auburn having trouble finding a big name coach?

I heard Tubberville just became available.

Tigerloather

Quote from: The Hogfather on December 11, 2008, 01:18:41 pm
6 years before Gill:  Buffalo won 10 games in 6 years (average of 1.67 wins/year)
3 years with Gill:  Buffalo has won 15 games in 3 years (average of 5 wins/year)

Previous high in wins in the MAC (prior to Gill):  2
The last two years, they have 5 MAC wins and 6 MAC wins, respectively.  They also won the MAC Championship this year.  AT BUFFALO!

I took my peewee team from 0-5 2006, 1-4 2007, 4-1 this year and the peewee championship.  Does this qualify me for the Auburn job?  Your perspective is not far from this.  No one on here is saying that Gill is not a good coach, but your argument that taking Buffalo to 8-5 and the MAC championship qualifies him to be in the same league as Meyer, Petrino, Saban and Richt is ludicrous.  Maybe he does, but based on his resume, he doesn't - yet.  If he can sustain what he has built then by all means give him a shot, but only 3 years in the MAC - or any conference for that matter - is not enough to hand him a big time job.  Just go ahead and put me in the don't know jack about jack category and I'll put you in the "I can see the future and know all category".
Egotism is the anesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity - Frank Leahy

hogsndawgs

Quote from: The Hogfather on December 11, 2008, 01:22:52 pm
Since you seem to be stuck on the SEC thing, winning the MAC Championship after being at Buffalo for 3 years is like the equivalent of winning the SEC Championship at Vanderbilt (before Bobby Johnson) after taking the job 3 years earlier.

That's how big of an accomplishment it was/is.  I don't expect you to understand that, though.

Relativity is the operative word here.

I agree with you completely, what he has done at Buffalo is nothing short of amazing. He sustained continued improvement and it culminated in a conference championship over an undefeated, top 15 team. Before Buffalo beat Ball St., they were not too far outside of the BCS conversation. Was Ball St. overrated? I think so, but that does not mean it wasn't a huge victory for Buffalo.

hogsndawgs

Quote from: TIGERLOATHER on December 11, 2008, 02:50:34 pm
I took my peewee team from 0-5 2006, 1-4 2007, 4-1 this year and the peewee championship.  Does this qualify me for the Auburn job?  Your perspective is not far from this.  No one on here is saying that Gill is not a good coach, but your argument that taking Buffalo to 8-5 and the MAC championship qualifies him to be in the same league as Meyer, Petrino, Saban and Richt is ludicrous.  Maybe he does, but based on his resume, he doesn't - yet.  If he can sustain what he has built then by all means give him a shot, but only 3 years in the MAC - or any conference for that matter - is not enough to hand him a big time job.  Just go ahead and put me in the don't know jack about jack category and I'll put you in the "I can see the future and know all category".

Did you have to recruit in your peewee league against other schools in your conference that had been consistently outperforming you? ;)

The Hogfather

Quote from: TIGERLOATHER on December 11, 2008, 02:50:34 pm

Not the same at all.  And I will grant your wish.  You have officially been added to my list.

So far:

870 RZR
TIGERLOATHER

Tigerloather

Quote from: hogsndawgs on December 11, 2008, 02:53:39 pm
Did you have to recruit in your peewee league against other schools in your conference that had been consistently outperforming you? ;)

lol, I'm not trying to take anything away from Gill.  I like the guy and think he will be a fine coach, just trying to make a point.  I think Auburn will need a bigger name.
Egotism is the anesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity - Frank Leahy

The Hogfather

Quote from: TIGERLOATHER on December 11, 2008, 03:01:21 pm
lol, I'm not trying to take anything away from Gill.  I like the guy and think he will be a fine coach, just trying to make a point.  I think Auburn will need a bigger name.

Like I said before, they NEED Turner Gill (or equivalent) but I don't think they'll be smart enough to hire him.  They'll think the same thing you and 870 are thinking and pass on him.  Some big name school will hire him and he will be successful there.  Aubbies will be kicking themselves then.