Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tyler Russell (Miss St.) 4-star QB (Pro-style) looking around

Started by Hog Nutt, December 09, 2008, 08:32:45 am

Previous topic - Next topic

dougieritch

Am I missing something?  They have him listed as a 3-Star recruit.

Arkansas still needs to finish out the recruiting class with DL...that is our biggest area of concern.

jgphillips3

If a very talented QB falls in our lap, great.  If not, this team really needs defensive help and I hope we concentrate our attention there.  Next year's offensive production will probably attract a better QB than we have available now anyway.

jonesark™

Wildhog

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

MS Razorback

I watched him in the state championship game. He had alot of poise when they beat South Panola. Looks like a good player, certainly not RM or anybody we have right now, but has the tools to become a good player. He's pretty accurate, but kind of lacking in the arm strength. That's about all I can say about him.

I think he's a 4 star on Scout.

hillhog

QB evaluation, yesterday on the award show one of the coaches talked about qb tools and this one said to him the #1 tool he looked for in a recruit is accuracy above all others.  Please don't shoot the messenger, that is just what I heard him say for what you all think it is worth.

ucahardhitter41

kimjongsqUeAl

He was a 4 star but fell to a 3 star when he committed to Miss St.  ;D
The Tree of Liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
- Thomas Jefferson

My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge...
- God

cardinalandwhite

Quote from: hillhog on December 10, 2008, 09:00:36 am
QB evaluation, yesterday on the award show one of the coaches talked about qb tools and this one said to him the #1 tool he looked for in a recruit is accuracy above all others.  Please don't shoot the messenger, that is just what I heard him say for what you all think it is worth.

Former Michigan QB coach, man who sent (among others) Henne and Brady to the NFL.
"Wise people think all they say; fools say all they think." - Anonymous

TazorTusk

My old high school coach is an avid fan and lives 25 miles south of Meridian, his home high school.  He is very high on this QB.  Says he believes Saban has told him that he is his #1 QB prospect for this year.

Don't follow the BAMA recruiting boards, so I'm not sure how accurate that last statement is.  However, my old coach has a very good record of predicting who will do well at the college level.  I suspect Russell will do well.  Will be interesting to see if the new MSU coach can get him back on board.

And, for complete hearsay / gossip, don't be surprised if Sylvester Croom shows up as an assistant coach at Alabama.  Russell apparently had a great rapport with Coach Croom.

SK

The Hog

4 Star Scout
3 Star Rivals
Take your pick.

He had an offer from Bama.  Florida, Tennessee, Georgia and LSU passed on the offer.
Automatic RUN!

TazorTusk

Talked with an MSU alum today.  He thinks Tyler has recommitted to MSU after State named their new coach. 

SK

LJHOG

Interesting article.  With the offensive coordinator from Florida there I can't see him leaving MSU.  But, I guess you never know.  Just for grins let's say we have our choice of him or Cotton.  Who would we take?