Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Alabama should still go to the NC!!!

Started by conman_7, December 07, 2008, 09:11:44 am

Previous topic - Next topic

astate

BCS DECLARES GERMANY WINNER OF WORLD WAR II

US Ranked 4th

After determining the Big-12 championship game participants the BCS computers were put to work on other major contests and today the BCS declared Germany to be the winner of World War II.

"Germany put together an incredible number of victories beginning with the annexation of Austria and the Sudetenland and continuing on into conference play with defeats of Poland, France, Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Belgium and the Netherlands. Their only losses came against the US and Russia; however considering their entire body of work--including an incredibly tough Strength of Schedule--our computers deemed them worthy of the #1 ranking."

Questioned about the #4 ranking of the United States the BCS commissioner stated "The US only had two major victories--Japan and Germany. The computer models, unlike humans, areńt influenced by head-to-head contests--they consider each contest to be only a single, equally-weighted event."

German Chancellor Adolph Hiter said "Yes, we lost to the US; but we defeated #2 ranked France in only 6 weeks." Herr Hitler has been criticized for seeking dramatic victories to earn ́style pointś to enhance Germanýs rankings. Hitler protested "Our contest with Poland was in doubt until the final day and the conditions in Norway were incredibly challenging and demanded the application of additional forces."

The French ranking has also come under scrutiny. The BCS commented " France had a single loss against Germany and following a preseason #1 ranking they only fell to #2."

Japan was ranked #3 with victories including Manchuria, Borneo and the Philippines.

The Hogfather

Quote from: pigzwillrise on December 08, 2008, 01:26:50 pm
i view the SECCG as a 2 team playoff in itself... so as far as im concerned bama lost their "playoff" game so why should they get a natl title game

No offense, but this sort of thinking is ghey.  Does that mean that Ole Miss eliminated Florida from the playoffs?  Florida and Alabama each have one loss (Florida to an team that wasn't ranked, Alabama to a team that was ranked #4 in the BCS and now #2).  What about Texas beating Oklahoma?  That should've eliminated them.

You shouldn't get penalized more for losing at the end of the season than you do for losing towards the beginning or middle.  That's dumb.  Basically, if you have your hardest games at the end of the season, you're screwed (unless you can go undefeated, which is pretty much impossible in any decent conference---I know 3 teams did it in '04).

The best way to determine who the best team in the nation is, is to implement a true playoff with at least 8 teams.  Otherwise, if Florida beats Oklahoma in the NCG, Ole Miss should be National Champions....

Pigdiana Jones

This is just absolutely stupid. Bama still getting to go? I don't think so.

Losing your CONFERENCE champ game= not good enough to win your CONFERENCE

Why would someone who isn't the BEST in their CONFERENCE get to go to the NCG and be the national champions who are SUPPOSED to be the best team in the country.

Come on, think before you speak peoples out there!
"In the East, college football is a cultural exercise.

On the West Coast, it is a tourist attraction.

In the Midwest, it is cannibalism.

But in the South, college football is a religion, and every Saturday is a holy day."

The Hogfather

Quote from: salebow on December 08, 2008, 02:32:38 pm
This is just absolutely stupid. Bama still getting to go? I don't think so.

Losing your CONFERENCE champ game= not good enough to win your CONFERENCE

Why would someone who isn't the BEST in their CONFERENCE get to go to the NCG and be the national champions who are SUPPOSED to be the best team in the country.

Come on, think before you speak peoples out there!

I'm not saying that Bama should play for the NC.  I'm saying that they have just as good of an argument as Oklahoma (save for the dumba$$ tie-breaker system they have in the Big XII).  Oklahoma got into their conference championship game (against a weak a$$ Missouri team) due to subjective polls (for the most part).  Texas beat them head-to-head and should've gone to the Big XII Championship game.  But, as it was, the pollsters voted Oklahoma above Texas because they are so "pretty".  That is the only way Oklahoma was even ALLOWED to win their conference.  I think Texas is the better all-around team and I think it'll show in the NCG.

HognVA

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on December 07, 2008, 10:52:29 am
More of this b.s. Texas IS NOT getting screwed. All they had to do was beat Texas Tech and none of this would have even been an issue. They didn't. Mack Brown voted FOR this tie-breaking procedure, Bob Stoops didn't. See how karma can bite you in the arse? If you want to look at it further, OU has a stronger SOS than Texas. OU has a victory over a ranked BCS opponent away from home, Texas doesn't. OU's margin of victory over conference opponents is greater than that of Texas. I could go on and on and this b.s. of Texas getting screwed is nothing more than just blind hatred for OU or because people are closet Texas fans. I could care less what happens to Texas and as an Arkansas fan, why don't you?

Wow man you care a lot more about it than I do. I dont think there should be a tie since Texas beat Oklahoma head to head. That is why we play the games right? To find out who is better? In all honesty though I could really care less for either one of them.

Pigdiana Jones

Yeah OU lost to Texass, but barely. Texass lost to TT, and OU Blew out TT. Sorry but that is the way it is. You have to go to the 5th tie breaker to determine it, yeah that really sucks. I disagree with this BCS Bullcrap. There should be a playoff, like yesterday. It works just fine in the Pros, it works just fine in Div 2 and 3 football, works just fine in High School, works just fine at every level but Div 1 football. If it works fine at those levels, it'll work fine for Div 1. The argument about money is BS. You'll earn more money by all the sponsors, fans going to games, spending money on the ridiculous cost of food/parking, etc. If a team makes it all the way through, it looks better on the program. The playoff system should be implemented. Like yesterday.
"In the East, college football is a cultural exercise.

On the West Coast, it is a tourist attraction.

In the Midwest, it is cannibalism.

But in the South, college football is a religion, and every Saturday is a holy day."

The Hogfather

Quote from: salebow on December 08, 2008, 02:57:09 pm
Yeah OU lost to Texass, but barely. Texass lost to TT, and OU Blew out TT. Sorry but that is the way it is. You have to go to the 5th tie breaker to determine it, yeah that really sucks. I disagree with this BCS Bullcrap. There should be a playoff, like yesterday. It works just fine in the Pros, it works just fine in Div 2 and 3 football, works just fine in High School, works just fine at every level but Div 1 football. If it works fine at those levels, it'll work fine for Div 1. The argument about money is BS. You'll earn more money by all the sponsors, fans going to games, spending money on the ridiculous cost of food/parking, etc. If a team makes it all the way through, it looks better on the program. The playoff system should be implemented. Like yesterday.

Barely?  It was 10 points.  Almost the identical margin that Florida beat Alabama by in the SECCG.  Should the NCG be played between Alabama and Oklahoma?  Instead of the BCS, we can call it the WCAHTHMUWWHSPS (Who Cares About Head To Head Match Ups When We Have Subjective Polling Series).

AUSTXHOG

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on December 07, 2008, 10:52:29 am
More of this b.s. Texas IS NOT getting screwed. All they had to do was beat Texas Tech and none of this would have even been an issue. They didn't. Mack Brown voted FOR this tie-breaking procedure, Bob Stoops didn't. See how karma can bite you in the arse? If you want to look at it further, OU has a stronger SOS than Texas. OU has a victory over a ranked BCS opponent away from home, Texas doesn't. OU's margin of victory over conference opponents is greater than that of Texas. I could go on and on and this b.s. of Texas getting screwed is nothing more than just blind hatred for OU or because people are closet Texas fans. I could care less what happens to Texas and as an Arkansas fan, why don't you?

I could care less what happens to those retarded Sooners as an Arkansas fan, why don't you?  That's right, you have a vested interest.

AUSTXHOG

Quote from: The Hogfather on December 08, 2008, 04:00:19 pm
Barely?  It was 10 points.  Almost the identical margin that Florida beat Alabama by in the SECCG.  Should the NCG be played between Alabama and Oklahoma?  Instead of the BCS, we can call it the WCAHTHMUWWHSPS (Who Cares About Head To Head Match Ups When We Have Subjective Polling Series).

No friggin joke, it's like an ice skating competition at the winter olympics.

cypert2

Swinging on the two and the four.

Gohawgs71

Quote from: The Hogfather on December 08, 2008, 02:47:24 pm
I'm not saying that Bama should play for the NC.  I'm saying that they have just as good of an argument as Oklahoma (save for the dumba$$ tie-breaker system they have in the Big XII).  Oklahoma got into their conference championship game (against a weak a$$ Missouri team) due to subjective polls (for the most part).  Texas beat them head-to-head and should've gone to the Big XII Championship game.  But, as it was, the pollsters voted Oklahoma above Texas because they are so "pretty".  That is the only way Oklahoma was even ALLOWED to win their conference.  I think Texas is the better all-around team and I think it'll show in the NCG.

Hogfather - quit advocating for Bama and Texas.....as an apparent Hog fan you're making me sick

The Hogfather

Quote from: Gohawgs71 on December 10, 2008, 09:10:03 pm
Hogfather - quit advocating for Bama and Texas.....as an apparent Hog fan you're making me sick

Kiss my big, hairy TexA$$.  It could be Hawaii and Northern Illinois for all I care.  I'm advocating a NEW SYSTEM.  One that is less subjective and applies more logic.

Gohawgs71

Quote from: The Hogfather on December 10, 2008, 10:47:15 pm
Kiss my big, hairy TexA$$.  It could be Hawaii and Northern Illinois for all I care.  I'm advocating a NEW SYSTEM.  One that is less subjective and applies more logic.

Blah Blah.  New System or not you lose your Hog rights with your pro bama/texas rhetoric.  Please change your handle to "Mack Brown's little Bi@#$"