Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Im betting Muschamp to Auburn

Started by Music City Hog, December 03, 2008, 04:43:23 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The Realist

Quote from: demonHOG1013 on December 03, 2008, 05:48:32 pm
i would put money on mike leach if he wants the job, muschamp is staying at texas.
They would be absolutely stupid to hire Mike Leach after the way they handed the Tony Franklin issue.
"We've got chips on our shoulder and really want to go out and show everybody what we can do.  We're not asking for anybody to give us the respect we deserve, but we plan on going out and taking it."
Childs, Gregory.

cypert2

Can't see him going to Auburn. Whoever goes to Auburn will have a tough row to hoe with Saban at Alabama. Look for Georgia Tech coach to go somewhere. Auburn?
Swinging on the two and the four.

Table Rocker

Quote from: IZAHOG on December 03, 2008, 05:45:31 pm
Don't hate me................................BP

you must've missed the interview with him 10 minutes ago

Lake City Hog

The SEC has become a monster-- Phil Fulmer in the SEC championship game last year 5-7 this year--- fired!
Tommy T has won more games in the last 5 years than anybody-- 5-7 this year ---fired!
Mark Richt is on the hot seat, being questioned about his assistants! Peolpe at LSU are already talking about Miles. Croom fired after COY last year.
Who wants to come in and fight that kind of pressure every week? Money is not the end all for some people. Security for their family is sometimes a bigger consideration.

SquidBilly

Quote from: The Realist on December 03, 2008, 05:52:58 pm
They would be absolutely stupid to hire Mike Leach after the way they handed the Tony Franklin issue.

Tony Franklin was a head case.  Mike Leach is sort of weird but he knows how to handle himself professionally.

HogPharmD

I'm hearing Muschamp, Leach, Strong, and Fisher are the names being tossed around... The Auburn fans are calling the firing of Tuberville "Boomergate"  :)  (Obvious reference to the Petrino thing).

Table Rocker

Quote from: HogPharmD on December 03, 2008, 06:02:52 pm
I'm hearing Muschamp, Leach, Strong, and Fisher are the names being tossed around... The Auburn fans are calling the firing of Tuberville "Boomergate"  :)  (Obvious reference to the Petrino thing).

charlie strong deserves a head coaching opportunity. not sure if his first should be in the SEC but he definately needs to be a HC somewhere.

psooie

How about Dooley Jr...didn't old man dooley go to auburn...the person they should hire though is turner gill

hog_fan

Quote from: Table Rocker on December 03, 2008, 05:55:04 pm
you must've missed the interview with him 10 minutes ago

Sadly these days coaches always deny this stuff so you never know when they are being honest or using coach speak. I believe he is being honest, but doesn't mean Auburn won't try.

ThisTeetsTaken

Tim Brando said that they have to hire a black coach so Muschamp, Leach, and Petrino are all out.
***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

passinghog

Quote from: Table Rocker on December 03, 2008, 06:04:36 pm
charlie strong deserves a head coaching opportunity. not sure if his first should be in the SEC but he definately needs to be a HC somewhere.

The good thing about Strong being the DC at Florida is that they've got that thing rolling right now. Whether he get's many more head coaching opportunities can be debated, but I think he'd be smart to stay away from that job right now. Who would want to coach with boosters having the control they have at Auburn? They're worse than 'Bama. I wouldn't take that job right now with a 10-foot pole.

jamie72921

Muschamp would be a fool to stay at Texas for a promise if he is actually offered a job like Auburn.

Texas' defense was not that great this season adn all it would take in that program is a couple of big losses to OU to make them forget about the HC in waiting.

A bird in hand is woth more than a kiss and a promise.
Bless your heart

The Hog

It is all about money.  Don't win and you don't coach.  One terrible year and your out.  Two bad years and your out.  Three so so years and your out.  This is the formula for getting fired at a major football school.
Automatic RUN!

deucea729

BP has a non-compete clause in his contract which keeps him from going to another SEC West school for several years, I believe.

AckaBacka

Quote from: Hawgon on December 03, 2008, 04:59:12 pm
I don't know, let's see.  If he stays at Texas he makes nearly one million dollars a year while coaching defense for a perennial Top 10 team.  He is guaranteed to take over said perennial Top 10 team with a built in recruiting base second to none.  At Texas a trained monkey (not named John Mackovich) could win 9 or 10 games.  And, oh yeah, when he does take over he will probably make about 5 million a year.  And finally, I don't even think he is 40 yet so he can wait awhile.

Or, he can take over a rebuilding job at Auburn in a state where he will be judged against a school coached by the best recruiter in college football, a league where opposing schools will slit your throat and drink your blood, where the fans will eat your family, and where success is difficult to attain.

No contest.  He stays at Texas and takes over in 5 years or less.
BOOM MFer!

Amityvillehogger

Quote from: The Hog on December 03, 2008, 06:21:39 pm
It is all about money.  Don't win and you don't coach.  One terrible year and your out.  Two bad years and your out.  Three so so years and your out.  This is the formula for getting fired at a major football school.

That's why we are the best conference in the Nation.  $hit, or get off the pot.
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

donewithdale

Stupid to fire Tuberville to hire a young assistant.

ToddW

Personally Muschamp scares me, would rather have in the Big 12 then the SEC, as far as the hogs are concerned

I bleed Cardinal, Go Hogs!

Now hold on there, J R.  Arkansas kept an idiot 10 years that should never have been hired in the first place and never did he deserve behond 3 years.  I suspect Muschamp already knows the day he will be HC at Texas.  Likely being kept quiet to not stir up recruits at this time.  Mack may be ready to move up and take the paycut.  If not, one would expect Muschamp to be a HC somewhere before the end of coaching rutting season this year.  Someone will throw 2 mil annually at him and he will go.  Petrino was brought up earlier today on Hogville concerning him leaving.  While it might not be easy to sway him, enough money could move him or nearly anyone in coaching.

Hoggish1

Quote from: gguillo on December 03, 2008, 05:29:21 pm
Jimbo Fisher could be next

Next for what?  I'm not impressed with Jimbo.  He has been that so called  "coach in waiting" at FSU and for all intents and purposes IS the HC.  All Bowden does is look confused blowsing his nose on that giant white hanky.  Dumb, really, really dumb.  So,  fire his coach in waiting arse.

As for Kentucky, the Jocker is on them!

Blue35

If Auburn wants him, he will go. Why be second fiddle at Texas? A bird in hand is worth two in the bush.

ChicoHog

Purdue also has(had) a designated coach in waiting this year to take over for joe tiller.  I don't remember his name. 

ar_sports_talk

Quote from: ThisTeetsTaken on December 03, 2008, 06:12:09 pm
Tim Brando said that they have to hire a black coach so Muschamp, Leach, and Petrino are all out.

What was his reasoning that they have to hire a black coach?
Need a good laugh?  Click below

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVr8nvs6re0

ar_sports_talk

Quote from: ChicoHog on December 03, 2008, 08:31:58 pm
Purdue also has(had) a designated coach in waiting this year to take over for joe tiller.  I don't remember his name. 

Danny Hope
Need a good laugh?  Click below

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVr8nvs6re0

Ouachihog

Quote from: Hawgon on December 03, 2008, 05:02:32 pm
He will stay at Texas.  His salary of nearly one million per year makes that easier to do. 

Texas > Auburn

What if AU offers 2.5 mil or more?
"If I lived back in the wild west days, instead of carrying a six-gun in my holster, I'd carry a soldering iron. That way, if some smart-aleck cowboy said something like "Hey, look. He's carrying a soldering iron!" and started laughing, and everybody else started laughing, I could just say, "That's right, it's a soldering iron. The soldering iron of justice." Then everybody would get real quiet and ashamed, because they had made fun of the soldering iron of justice, and I could probably hit them up for a free drink."

"I hope if dogs ever take over the world, and they chose a king, they don't just go by size, because I bet there are some Chihuahuas with some good ideas."

Hoggish1

Quote from: 12247 on December 03, 2008, 06:52:21 pm
Now hold on there, J R.  Arkansas kept an idiot 10 years that should never have been hired in the first place and never did he deserve behond 3 years.  I suspect Muschamp already knows the day he will be HC at Texas.  Likely being kept quiet to not stir up recruits at this time.  Mack may be ready to move up and take the paycut.  If not, one would expect Muschamp to be a HC somewhere before the end of coaching rutting season this year.  Someone will throw 2 mil annually at him and he will go.  Petrino was brought up earlier today on Hogville concerning him leaving.  While it might not be easy to sway him, enough money could move him or nearly anyone in coaching.

You can't be serious?

So, where would Petrino go after one year?  If this was his 15th, I could see him moving on to USC or perhaps Florida, or Texas.  But he will make Arkansas the most prized job in America.  So his next exit might very well be retirement.

PearlHarbor

Quote from: Hawgon on December 03, 2008, 04:59:12 pm
I don't know, let's see.  If he stays at Texas he makes nearly one million dollars a year while coaching defense for a perennial Top 10 team.  He is guaranteed to take over said perennial Top 10 team with a built in recruiting base second to none.  At Texas a trained monkey (not named John Mackovich) could win 9 or 10 games.  And, oh yeah, when he does take over he will probably make about 5 million a year.  And finally, I don't even think he is 40 yet so he can wait awhile.

Or, he can take over a rebuilding job at Auburn in a state where he will be judged against a school coached by the best recruiter in college football, a league where opposing schools will slit your throat and drink your blood, where the fans will eat your family, and where success is difficult to attain.

No contest.  He stays at Texas and takes over in 5 years or less.

I'll go with hawgon's logic on this one.

NWASooner

Just because you fire HC's at the drop of a hat doesn't mean you're a great conference.  Do you think either Auburn or Mississippi State are going to upgrade?  No.

Every fan thinks firing the coach will make you better.  Arkansas got the Heisman from a good number of coaches and got lucky with the one they have.  The other side to this is schools like Oklahoma firing Gary Gibbs and Texas A&M firing RC Slocum.  Did either school get better?  No.

centarkswine

I think that Muschamp will stay at Texas.

arklahoman36

Quote from: NWASooner on December 03, 2008, 10:41:09 pm
Just because you fire HC's at the drop of a hat doesn't mean you're a great conference.  Do you think either Auburn or Mississippi State are going to upgrade?  No.

Every fan thinks firing the coach will make you better.  Arkansas got the Heisman from a good number of coaches and got lucky with the one they have.  The other side to this is schools like Oklahoma firing Gary Gibbs and Texas A&M firing RC Slocum.  Did either school get better?  No.

Including Gibbs with Slocum and Tuberville is silly.
Slocum was aTm's winningest coach who was given four seasons to turn it around after he peaked and Auburn is more dysfunctional than Arkansas in the HDN years.
Tuberville succeeded T. Bowden, who was so disgusted with an Auburn trustee he quit. The same trustee is the one who orchestrated the back-stabbing effort to replace Tuberville with Petrino.
Muschamp can forgo the quick money or continue as the Texas DC, increase HIS presence in Tejas, work to expand the D recruiting further beyond Texas and then step into a sweet situation in his first HC job -- or jump into the Auburn snakepit.

Roadrunner

His house is still for sale in Auburn from his January departure.
For $680,000.00 it can be yours.
:P
When I want your opinion, I'll give it to you.

DeltaBoy

That Boy is staying at Texas the best job in the Little 2 south
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

dougieritch

Quote from: hog_fan on December 03, 2008, 04:46:49 pm
Rumor is Texas wouldn't let them talk to him.

That's right they might pull his scholarship!

hawgtime

Quote from: TomasPistola on December 03, 2008, 04:44:47 pm
Muschamp is taking over for Mack when he retires. I'd rather coach at Texass than Auburn. I bet he stays.

why not go to Auburn and then when Texas opens up go back to texas at a larger bump?

sounds like a plan (bidding war)...

fu-man-soo

Quote from: passinghog on December 03, 2008, 04:48:20 pm
Mack Brown is not an old guy. Can anyone show us any hint of Mack Brown retiring anytime soon? Muschamp is a major player for the Auburn job. Head coach in waiting means nothing if the current head coach is in the prime of his career.

mack will be done sooner than you think and muschamp is not a candidate for auburn, he said no

idochog

Quote from: fu-man-soo on December 04, 2008, 01:56:32 pm
mack will be done sooner than you think and muschamp is not a candidate for auburn, he said no

Muschamp has to know the Mack Brown timeline for retirement.  I'm sure its within the next 3-5 years at most
I love Jesus!

aaaactionvp

I know this is off the subject a bit, but why hasn't Terry Bowden received any coaching opportunities since leaving Auburn?  I know he isn't in the running.  I was just wondering if anyone knew.

Biggus Piggus

Auburn gave the HC job to Chizik just to rub Muschamp's nose in it.
[CENSORED]!

webbgem

Quote from: Music City Hog on December 03, 2008, 04:43:23 pm
I'd almost guarantee Muschamp to Auburn will happen.  Forget that hype about Muschamp head coach in waiting at Texas.  He isnt gonna stay as coordinator at Texas for 900k for the next 3-4 years waiting for Mack to retire, when he can go back to Auburn for 2 mill per year right now.

I have no inside info, but you can pretty much book it.

I guess we couldn't take it to the bank.
Matthew 6:34

The Hog

Quote from: Music City Hog on December 03, 2008, 04:43:23 pm
I'd almost guarantee Muschamp to Auburn will happen.  Forget that hype about Muschamp head coach in waiting at Texas.  He isnt gonna stay as coordinator at Texas for 900k for the next 3-4 years waiting for Mack to retire, when he can go back to Auburn for 2 mill per year right now.

I have no inside info, but you can pretty much book it.
You lose.  That is why horse racing loves those folks that have sure shot winners.  They bet the house and lose.
Automatic RUN!