Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Is it Southwest Mizzou State OR Mizzou State????

Started by Extra Point, August 26, 2005, 12:55:00 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Extra Point

It is officially Southwest Missouri State until September 28th.  Therefore, we don't play Missouri State.

Petty, yes.  But 90% of us would be PISSED if someone was calling us by the wrong name. ;)

Lando Calrissian

Quote from: Extra PointPetty, yes. But 90% of us would be PISSED if someone was calling us by the wrong name. ;)

The fact that it's 2 weeks before the season and nobody really knows what they're really called is their fault more than anybody else's.

Oh, and it is "Missouri State."

I think.
Quote from: Breems

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haGfGkX-MbA&feature=youtube_gdata

Quote from: HawgBallLvrKentucky would be in the same position right now at #1 even with Pel as their HC.

Quote from: IronHogJohn Stockton wouldn't sniff today's NBA.

Quote from: jacksonpollackEvery time I look around in BWA I get dizzy. It is hard to judge the capacity. During the Auburn game I tried to count all the people in attendance but got lost at around 30,000.

hawkeyefan17

I have a buddy that goes to Missouri State and he tells me that the name change has already taken place. It's Missouri State.

hillbilly

I was wondering the exact same thing, thanks for the info guys.

arkhogball

I was under the impression that the name change was effective August 28th.

heathshogs

The name change is August 28. so they'll be Missouri State just in time for football season.

http://www.smsu.edu/namechange/default.htm
A ticket is not permission to be entertained. It's a license to go to work.--Hognoxious

hogfog

Name change was done by the state legislature. All new laws take effect Aug 28th in Missouri. Don't have any idea why that particular day...

mikeb

Quote from: Lando Calrissian on August 26, 2005, 01:41:51 am
Quote from: Extra PointPetty, yes. But 90% of us would be PISSED if someone was calling us by the wrong name. ;)

The fact that it's 2 weeks before the season and nobody really knows what they're really called is their fault more than anybody else's.

Oh, and it is "Missouri State."

I think.

LOL........and nobody cares on this board.