Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MJ's Catch

Started by swoopeshog, August 25, 2005, 07:51:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

swoopeshog

Ohh my!  Jones one handed catch on ESPN.  Jags v Falcons
Quote from: devildoghawg on November 28, 2012, 07:37:57 pm
Regardless of what Obama's told you, unemployment is not a job.

Quote from: staffhog on November 30, 2015, 11:35:15 pm
You guys are just like my wife.  No matter how good a job I do, it is not quite up to her expectations.

Queen Hog

Unbelievable....wow...wow...wow.
I lub me some HOGS!!!

Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement. Nothing can be done without hope and confidence.
Helen Keller

Skip Foreplay

Quote from: swoopeshog on August 25, 2005, 07:51:06 pm
Ohh my! Jones one handed catch on ESPN. Jags v Falcons
I had a dream like that once, damn Matt Jones,always better in real life than I am in my dreams.

maniax22bolts20

2 catches 55 yards so far tonight

Lanny

Who is Mel Kiper anyway?
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

BigPapaHawg

I hope he can keep making these kind of catches all year, because I took the chance and took him in my fantasy football draft!    ;D
WOO PIG

arkhogball

Quote from: BigPapaHawg on August 25, 2005, 09:26:27 pm
I hope he can keep making these kind of catches all year, because I took the chance and took him in my fantasy football draft! ;D

Now I don't feel so bad for picking him for FF.  He is just amazing on the field.

Does anyone wish we could go back a year and put Matt at reciever.  Just think of Marcus Monk wide right, MJ wide left.  Both being 6'6''.  Helk, a junior high QB could be successful with those recievers..  I think RoJo would have been adequit to get them the ball.  I thought we should have done this last year, but HDN did not get my memo I guess.

clew

you have an excellent point...it would be tough to double cover monk and jones...good lord.
Pure as the dawn

junkyardhog

Quote from: clew on August 25, 2005, 10:42:18 pm
you have an excellent point...it would be tough to double cover monk and jones...good lord.

Yea, but who the hell would have thrown to them? Carlos Ousley? owww. sorry about that. ;D

TulsaHogFan

This was posted by a respected member of their board.  I personally was offended.....

FBT said...

Matt Jones has phenomenal hands. The 47 yard catch was a thing of beauty, and something that we will hopefully see a lot of as his career progresses. Still, he's got a long, long way to go before he's going to be considered a top tier receiver, but with grabs like the big one tonight, he's certainly helping his cause despite his annoying fan following. There is still much he needs to work on. He has a lot of work to do in the blocking department.

He is going to be a special player when he pulls it all together. I still think he's a situational guy this year, but if Troy Edwards continues to disappear, and Reggie continues to do the same, he could find himself working into the starting lineup at some point this year. I think it's a tad premature to expect it early in the season, but if we continue to see Williams dominating in practice and disappearing in games, it won't take any longer than the midpoint of the season.

Lando Calrissian

Quote from: TulsaHogFanFBT said...

Matt Jones has phenomenal hands. The 47 yard catch was a thing of beauty, and something that we will hopefully see a lot of as his career progresses. Still, he's got a long, long way to go before he's going to be considered a top tier receiver, but with grabs like the big one tonight, he's certainly helping his cause despite his annoying fan following. There is still much he needs to work on. He has a lot of work to do in the blocking department.

He is going to be a special player when he pulls it all together. I still think he's a situational guy this year, but if Troy Edwards continues to disappear, and Reggie continues to do the same, he could find himself working into the starting lineup at some point this year. I think it's a tad premature to expect it early in the season, but if we continue to see Williams dominating in practice and disappearing in games, it won't take any longer than the midpoint of the season.

Ya know, I've read some stuff posted by that FBT guy over at that Jaguars message board, and MOST of the time he's full of crap.

But I totally agree with his statement above.

MJ is going to have A LOT of special plays this season, like one handed 45 yard catches.

He's also going to make a TON of mistakes, like completely missing a block on the run play following the magical, one-handed 45 yard catch.

He isn't going to be an "every down receiver" this year.  He will be eventually.  He definetely has the talent to be a force.

Just not yet.  Patience.
Quote from: Breems

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haGfGkX-MbA&feature=youtube_gdata

Quote from: HawgBallLvrKentucky would be in the same position right now at #1 even with Pel as their HC.

Quote from: IronHogJohn Stockton wouldn't sniff today's NBA.

Quote from: jacksonpollackEvery time I look around in BWA I get dizzy. It is hard to judge the capacity. During the Auburn game I tried to count all the people in attendance but got lost at around 30,000.

Extra Point

Quote from: TulsaHogFan on August 25, 2005, 11:58:37 pm
This was posted by a respected member of their board. I personally was offended.....

FBT said...

First, let me say that I post over on the Jags board, but not much.  A number of Hog fans have made complete fools of themselves and are absolutely HATED by a lot of people and admins.

Imagine this...we get a new Razorback from California.  A throng of posters are now Razorback fans who follow this one guy.  They post CONSTANTLY about him and him only.  There is no mention of the team or his role.  He IS the team.  Essentially they are "new player" fans, not Hog fans.  Trust me, they would become annoying.

The regular Jax board posters think we are a-holes, period, for the most part.  But we only have our fans to thank for that given some of them start threads (constantly) about how the Jags are going to revamp their offense to showcase Jones, how Jones will play some at QB and how Jones may be the best athlete EVER.

FBT is the worst of them all as far as posters.  Actually, you don't realize how much this guy had to bite his lower lip to post what he did.

Macgyver_Hawg

Quote from: Extra Point on August 26, 2005, 12:39:22 am
This was posted by a respected member of their board. I personally was offended.....

FBT said...

First, let me say that I post over on the Jags board, but not much. A number of Hog fans have made complete fools of themselves and are absolutely HATED by a lot of people and admins.

Imagine this...we get a new Razorback from California. A throng of posters are now Razorback fans who follow this one guy. They post CONSTANTLY about him and him only. There is no mention of the team or his role. He IS the team. Essentially they are "new player" fans, not Hog fans. Trust me, they would become annoying.

The regular Jax board posters think we are a-holes, period, for the most part. But we only have our fans to thank for that given some of them start threads (constantly) about how the Jags are going to revamp their offense to showcase Jones, how Jones will play some at QB and how Jones may be the best athlete EVER.

FBT is the worst of them all as far as posters. Actually, you don't realize how much this guy had to bite his lower lip to post what he did.

I read some of the Arkansas fans posts and I too was a little embarrassed.  But then I realized most of the fans over there thought picking Matt was stupid and now they are trying to act like they are for the "team" instead of one player.  It's the NFL.  Colleges have teams and the NFL has players.

Getting on the MJ bandwagon would mean their fans have to admit there was no bandwagon before Matt.  They now say you aren't Jag fans until you buy season tickets.  They act as if they are the Steelers and have big time players all around the ball.  Embrace it Jag fans, and lighten up Hog fans.

However, I did get mad when they weren't passing to Matt and was saying, "what a waste of a 1st round pick to not actually give him the ball."  Then the 47 yarder was thrown and caught. 

TulsaHogFan

Maguyver, just want you to know i am one to be embarassed about lmao.

I am all over FTB tonight.  I can not stand the guy.  I can not stand half of them over there.

I am XiteHogFan........

Let the party begin.  I apologize, but do not hold anything i say over there against me.  Seriously, they have asked for it, and i am going to give it to them

Lando Calrissian

If you look at it from their point of view, I totally see why they're getting so annoyed.

I'd be getting annoyed too.

Quote from: HawgBallLvrKentucky would be in the same position right now at #1 even with Pel as their HC.

Quote from: jacksonpollackEvery time I look around in BWA I get dizzy. It is hard to judge the capacity. During the Auburn game I tried to count all the people in attendance but got lost at around 30,000.

TulsaHogFan

Quote from: Lando Calrissian on August 26, 2005, 01:38:13 am
If you look at it from their point of view, I totally see why they're getting so annoyed.

I'd be getting annoyed too.

Are we pissed with Mustain fans?  No, i see no reason to be annoyed... 

Sorry Lando, you know i always back ya up, but here, i have to say no mercy for them

Lando Calrissian

Quote from: TulsaHogFanSorry Lando, you know i always back ya up, but here, i have to say no mercy for them

Oh I agree.

There are definetely some idiots on that board, especially the one's that gloat over their other draft pick, Chad Owens.  Owens was absolutely awful (on more than one occassion) in the game tonight, yet I didn't hear a peep about that.

We do have to have our head's on straight when it comes to MJ's role on the Jags though.  They drafted him to be an oppurtunistic playmaker because, well, he's an oppurtunistic playmaker.  If the one-handed, 45 yard catch against two defenders isn't proof of that, then I don't what is.  And if Jacksonville's O-line wasn't awful, Leftwich would've had the extra second to hit MJ on that deep route for a touchdown, in which he burned the inital DB and also out ran the safety that came over to help out.

That's the thing though.  He's not going to catch 8 passes a game this year, but I (like the rest of you) don't think Jags fans really know what they have there.  Assuming the guy sticks with it, he will be a dominant force.

Just not yet.  Going crazy over a one-handed 45 yard catch is absolutely justified, because there are very few players in the world that can make that play.  Going crazy over a 12 yard catch for a first down, well, it's a good thing to be happy for the guy, but pounding the Jag fans over the head with it is taking it a bit too far.

Oh, and as far as Mustain's hype, it might be 2 seasons before we see him on the field as a Razorback, but that dude is for real. 

TulsaHogFan

Quote from: Lando Calrissian on August 26, 2005, 01:57:44 am

Oh, and as far as Mustain's hype, it might be 2 seasons before we see him on the field as a Razorback, but that dude is for real.

So is MJ in the pros

Lando Calrissian

Quote from: TulsaHogFanSo is MJ in the pros

Yup.

And that amazing catch he made was #1 on Sportcenter's top 10 plays.

Elrod

Quote from: Extra Point on August 26, 2005, 12:39:22 am

FBT said...

First, let me say that I post over on the Jags board, but not much. A number of Hog fans have made complete fools of themselves and are absolutely HATED by a lot of people and admins.

Imagine this...we get a new Razorback from California. A throng of posters are now Razorback fans who follow this one guy. They post CONSTANTLY about him and him only. There is no mention of the team or his role. He IS the team. Essentially they are "new player" fans, not Hog fans. Trust me, they would become annoying.

The regular Jax board posters think we are a-holes, period, for the most part. But we only have our fans to thank for that given some of them start threads (constantly) about how the Jags are going to revamp their offense to showcase Jones, how Jones will play some at QB and how Jones may be the best athlete EVER.

FBT is the worst of them all as far as posters. Actually, you don't realize how much this guy had to bite his lower lip to post what he did.

I have read the Jag board a lot but never posted there.  Would not even think about doing so now. There is no love for Arkansas there.
A few days after the jags drafted Matt I read some real negitive posts on their board and posted about it here.  That was back when the karma thing was working and boy did mine take a beating.  I thought it was kind of like the King beheading the messinger, so I never brought the subject up again.

Inigo Montoya

Beautiful catch.  I got teary eyed over my egos when watching it this morning on ESPN.

:'(