Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bob Stoops is being sued by

Started by TulsaHawg, August 25, 2005, 06:02:45 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

TulsaHawg

a former nanny.

Apparently she tripped over one of the Stoops' pets, fell down some stairs, and sustained some serious injuries. She is reportedly suing the Stoops for $10K in actual damages, and $10K in punitive damages.

Hog Bounty Hunter

Quote from: TulsaHawg on August 25, 2005, 06:02:45 pm
a former nanny.

Apparently she tripped over one of the Stoops' pets, fell down some stairs, and sustained some serious injuries. She is reportedly suing the Stoops for $10K in actual damages, and $10K in punitive damages.

I doubt Bob is losing any sleep over it.  He has a good team to attend to.

arkhogdog61

IF YOU CAN"T RUN WITH THE BIG DOGS STAY ON THE PORCH!

TulsaHawg

Quote from: arkhogdog61 on August 25, 2005, 06:09:58 pm
thats pocket change to him!

It may be "pocket change" to him, but he is apparently contesting it.  BS said he and his wife are willing to pay her actual medical expenses, but evidently they think the nanny wants too much.

Boarcephus

I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

DevilHog

How do you sue for punitive damages when you trip on an animal. Is she saying he planted it there.

Porquemada

She probably tripped and fell over his ego.

arkhogball

Quote from: Pork'n Beans on August 25, 2005, 06:32:03 pm

That's the post of the day.  How true.

Hog Bounty Hunter

Quote from: arkhogball on August 25, 2005, 09:52:35 pm
Quote from: Pork'n Beans on August 25, 2005, 06:32:03 pm

That's the post of the day. How true.

I would put up with his ego for a chance to win a national title.  Seems they have won one and played for a couple more in the last six years.  Hard to believe they were in about the shape before Stoops came that we were before Nutt came.  Their results have been slightly different.

Hawgzilla

Mack Brown sent her to break up the OU streak................Texass Sucks.............OU'S BITCH...... ;D

Macgyver_Hawg

Quote from: TulsaHawg on August 25, 2005, 06:02:45 pm
a former nanny.

Norm Chow knew exactly where to put the pet too.

Extra Point

Quote from: DevilHog on August 25, 2005, 06:27:07 pm
How do you sue for punitive damages when you trip on an animal. Is she saying he planted it there.
More aptly described as "pain and suffering".  Accidents, namely car accidents, with injury preclude you from carrying on normal day to day activities.  If she sustained $10,000 in medical bills, I can assure you she was not able to function normally for awhile.

Lando Calrissian

Quote from: Extra PointIf she sustained $10,000 in medical bills, I can assure you she was not able to function normally for awhile.

And all because she tripped over the dude's cat.

Off-Topic:  Sometimes I think we should honor PETA's wishes and treat animals like they're our own equal. 

I'd have that cat's ass in court so quick it wouldn't know what hit it.
Quote from: Breems

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haGfGkX-MbA&feature=youtube_gdata

Quote from: HawgBallLvrKentucky would be in the same position right now at #1 even with Pel as their HC.

Quote from: IronHogJohn Stockton wouldn't sniff today's NBA.

Quote from: jacksonpollackEvery time I look around in BWA I get dizzy. It is hard to judge the capacity. During the Auburn game I tried to count all the people in attendance but got lost at around 30,000.

Shocktheman

August 26, 2005, 07:13:19 am #13 Last Edit: August 26, 2005, 07:19:24 am by ET Hog Fan
This is just a load of crap!  What gives anybody the right to sue another person over something as ridiculous as this.  Further more, the lawyer that is bringing this suit should have his A$$ kicked for wasting tax payer dollars!!!!

Extra Point. . .$10000 in medical bills does not get you very far.  An ER visit, a couple of CT scans, radiology fees, medicines, and a few stitches and you have yourself one heck of a bill without a single major injury.  I see this happen on a daily basis.  While she may have had some sort of injury, it is not Stoops fault that she is clumsy.

Tomhog™

In most corporations, if you are injured on the job, the company takes care of the expenses.  I think she should have taken the offer for him to pay the expenses.  I'm sure he didn't offer her STD or LTD with the job.... ::)

DevilHog

Quote from: Extra Point on August 26, 2005, 12:47:55 am
Quote from: DevilHog on August 25, 2005, 06:27:07 pm
More aptly described as "pain and suffering". Accidents, namely car accidents, with injury preclude you from carrying on normal day to day activities. If she sustained $10,000 in medical bills, I can assure you she was not able to function normally for awhile.
I know there are quite a few lawyers on here, I'm not one of them, but I did sleep at a Holiday Inn Select. Are punitive damages and pain and suffering the same then. I thought that they were different.

HaWg 10

shouldn't you have slept at the holiday inn express? not select..
"This product that was on TV was available for four easy payments of $19.95. I would like a product that was available for three easy payments and one complicated payment. We can't tell you which payment it is, but one of these payments is going to be hard." 

"I'd like to see a forklift lift a crate of forks. It'd be so damn literal. "Hey, you're using that machine to its exact purpose!"

"Me and my friends did acid in the woods, 'cause there was much less chance of running into an authority figure. But we ran into a bear. And that is way more of a buzz kill. One of my friends was raising his right hand and swearing to prevent forest fires. Later, he came up to me and said, "Mitchell. Smokey is way more intense in person."

R.I.P. Mitch Hedberg

HaWg 10

and you probably do your best thinking in the shower if im not mistaking
"This product that was on TV was available for four easy payments of $19.95. I would like a product that was available for three easy payments and one complicated payment. We can't tell you which payment it is, but one of these payments is going to be hard." 

"I'd like to see a forklift lift a crate of forks. It'd be so damn literal. "Hey, you're using that machine to its exact purpose!"

"Me and my friends did acid in the woods, 'cause there was much less chance of running into an authority figure. But we ran into a bear. And that is way more of a buzz kill. One of my friends was raising his right hand and swearing to prevent forest fires. Later, he came up to me and said, "Mitchell. Smokey is way more intense in person."

R.I.P. Mitch Hedberg

DevilHog

Quote from: HaWg 10 WiLd on August 26, 2005, 09:52:12 am
Express is too cheap, First class only for me and mine, baby. First Class.

HaWg 10

Quote from: DevilHog on August 26, 2005, 10:29:28 am

yah but isn't the commercial holiday inn express?

R.I.P. Mitch Hedberg

DevilHog

Quote from: HaWg 10 WiLd on August 26, 2005, 10:41:08 am
Quote from: DevilHog on August 26, 2005, 10:29:28 am
Yes.

yah but isn't the commercial holiday inn express?

Tomhog™

I stayed in so many Motel 6's on my last job, I thought I'd puke!  IT was the only hotel I could stay at and get reimbursed.  Now when I go outta town, I stay at Hampton Inn's and other nice places....