Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Chuck says Mo St. "doesn't match up with us"

Started by Hog Bounty Hunter, August 25, 2005, 05:53:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hog Bounty Hunter

He is probably right, says we are going to win it is just a matter of by how much.  Again I think he is correct.  One could say the same thing about USC, it's not a matter of if they will beat us, it is just to determined by how much.

TulsaHawg

Quote from: Hog Bounty Hunter on August 25, 2005, 05:53:29 pm
He is probably right, says we are going to win it is just a matter of by how much. Again I think he is correct. One could say the same thing about USC, it's not a matter of if they will beat us, it is just to determined by how much.

People were saying things like that a couple of years agi when we were heading to Austin.

I don't agree that we are to USC what MS is to us.

Hog Bounty Hunter

Quote from: TulsaHawg on August 25, 2005, 05:59:32 pm
He is probably right, says we are going to win it is just a matter of by how much. Again I think he is correct. One could say the same thing about USC, it's not a matter of if they will beat us, it is just to determined by how much.

People were saying things like that a couple of years agi when we were heading to Austin.

You are probably right, USC is a whole lot better than us than we are better than Mo St.

arkhogdog61

I say bull$hit their offence on a scale of 10 is probaly a 9 ours a 6 defence they lost alot i say 7 ours a 8 so not so fast my friend i say shocker ark 28 usc 20   GO HOGS
IF YOU CAN"T RUN WITH THE BIG DOGS STAY ON THE PORCH!

BigPapaHawg

August 25, 2005, 06:22:33 pm #4 Last Edit: August 25, 2005, 06:24:35 pm by BigPapaHawg
Quote from: Hog Bounty Hunter on August 25, 2005, 06:05:54 pm

This is absolutely wrong, we will be much better than you think and could actually pull off a win!
WOO PIG

Dances With Hogs

Porquemada

With insight like this, it's little wonder he has his own sports radio call-in show.

HogInMemphis

He is probably right, says we are going to win it is just a matter of by how much.  Again I think he is correct.  One could say the same thing about USC, it's not a matter of if they will beat us, it is just to determined by how much.

That Chuck, he's really worth his weight in gold. Not even game week and he already knows enough to say that Mo. St. doesn't match up with us. That's pure genius right there.

TulsaHogFan

Quote from: Hog Bounty Hunter on August 25, 2005, 06:05:54 pm

You are probably right, USC is a whole lot better than us than we are better than Mo St.

Nice post hog fan.  People like this make me sick. 

junkyardhog

I remember one game in 92 or 93 where we were saying the same thing. It was my first game. I was harassing the people taking me to the game because my girlfriends' brother just graduated from the opponents team.

Remember them? Citadel

[attachment deleted by admin]

GorillaJMonsoon

On paper we wouldn't have had a prayer in the 78 Orange Bowl against OU. Anything can happen, especially when you are overlooked.

TulsaHawg

Quote from: junkyardhog on August 25, 2005, 06:56:00 pm

I remember one game in 92 or 93 where we were saying the same thing. It was my first game. I was harassing the people taking me to the game because my girlfriends' brother just graduated from the opponents team.

Remember them? Citadel

And we would have been better off had we NOT PLAYED The Citadel!

Thehammer

Quote from: GorillaJMonsoon on August 25, 2005, 07:03:15 pm
On paper we wouldn't have had a prayer in the 78 Orange Bowl against OU. Anything can happen, especially when you are overlooked.

We should be able to line up and just out-athlete Mizzou State, so saying that they don't match up with us is akin to saying a ton=2000 pounds. 

I do not believe USC is so superior to us as compared to UA and Mizzou State.  However, I still think we get a good spanking out there.  One of the above posters brought up a good point.   They did lose six starters off defense.  If I were Nutt, I'd sit down and look really hard at USC's matchup with Virginia Tech last year.  Beamer kept the Trojans off balance all night by mixing in the option with p/a passing.   Sadly, Nutt really isn't an option coach.

Hog Bounty Hunter

Now let me get this straight, you think that we will beat Mo St worse than USC will beat us?

TulsaHawg

Quote from: Hog Bounty Hunter on August 25, 2005, 07:19:26 pm
Now let me get this straight, you think that we will beat Mo St worse than USC will beat us?

Yes!

Thehammer

That's not what I posted.  I posted that we are far superior talent wise to Mizzou State than USC is compared to our talent.

We can line up and run base plays against Mizzou State,  sub liberally with second and third teamers and still win by 20 points.

USC cannot do those things against us and win by 20 points. 

Hog Bounty Hunter

Quote from: Thehammer on August 25, 2005, 07:24:20 pm

That's not what I posted. I posted that we are far superior talent wise to Mizzou State than USC is compared to our talent.

We can line up and run base plays against Mizzou State, sub liberally with second and third teamers and still win by 20 points.

So you are saying USC will beat us worse but they are not as far superior to us as we are to Mo St?

Queen Hog

We will win both games.  Period.  Have faith.  Go hoooooooooooggggggggggggggggggggggggsss!!!!!!!!!  Show 'em you got it babeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.
I lub me some HOGS!!!

Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement. Nothing can be done without hope and confidence.
Helen Keller

Thehammer

Quote from: Hog Bounty Hunter on August 25, 2005, 07:26:45 pm

I think I've made stance clear.   I don't know what the score will be with either game.    And that wasn't the gist of my post anyway.   I think you know that. 

If you're looking for a flame war........ look elsewhere.

That's not what I posted. I posted that we are far superior talent wise to Mizzou State than USC is compared to our talent.

We can line up and run base plays against Mizzou State, sub liberally with second and third teamers and still win by 20 points.

So you are saying USC will beat us worse but they are not as far superior to us as we are to Mo St?

Thehammer

Quote from: Queen Hog on August 25, 2005, 07:29:29 pm
We will win both games. Period. Have faith. Go hoooooooooooggggggggggggggggggggggggsss!!!!!!!!! Show 'em you got it babeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

Believe me Queenie, I'd luv to see that happen.   But the realist in me says we take it on the chin big time out at LA. 

HogDodging

Ol' Chuck.  He's the master of the obvious.

Thehammer

Quote from: Hog Bounty Hunter on August 25, 2005, 07:38:40 pm
Quote from: Thehammer on August 25, 2005, 07:29:48 pm

And again, my post is not about point spreads.   I'm just saying that we could "mail in" our game against Mizzou State and USC cannot do that against us.

I think I've made stance clear. I don't know what the score will be with either game. And that wasn't the gist of my post anyway. I think you know that.

If you're looking for a flame war........ look elsewhere.

Not wanting a flame war, I will say this. USC beats us by at least 14 more points than we beat Mo St.

Queen Hog

Remember about 6 years ago or so and our basketball team had to win 4 straight games at the SEC tourney to get to the big dance???  I said from the very beginning we would do it.  We had to play Kentucky Friday night.  Everyone else told me there was no way.  Well by golly we did it.  You just never know.  Have faith. :razorback:
I lub me some HOGS!!!

Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement. Nothing can be done without hope and confidence.
Helen Keller

Thehammer

Quote from: Queen Hog on August 25, 2005, 07:47:21 pm
Remember about 6 years ago or so and our basketball team had to win 4 straight games at the SEC tourney to get to the big dance??? I said from the very beginning we would do it. We had to play Kentucky Friday night. Everyone else told me there was no way. Well by golly we did it. You just never know. Have faith. :razorback:

I can't argue with your facts and I luv your passion for the hogs.   LOL.

junkyardhog

Jeez skip, no one knows what you are saying. Lithium?

Fletch

USC will NOT beat us by more than we beat MS. USC game IMO will be closer than many think.
I feel like $100

Biggus Piggus

Chuck also said that there's gonna be a Super Bowl this year.
[CENSORED]!