Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Nutt is in a tough spot with Johnson being hurt

Started by Hog Bounty Hunter, August 25, 2005, 05:36:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hog Bounty Hunter

If he doesn't play him and get him a little experience for the USC game we could really get embarrassed, we probably will anyway but that would be a bad spot to put a new QB in. 

If he doesn't play he could get hurt even more seriously and do more damage to his groin and then he wouldn't be able to play at all the next week.  That would be a very bad spot also.

What is a coach to do?

hogfan98

do what every other coach would do.  have a backup ready to go (preferably mortensen or barthel, but you never know). ;)

Hog Bounty Hunter

Quote from: hogfan98 on August 25, 2005, 05:44:41 pm
do what every other coach would do. have a backup ready to go (preferably mortensen or barthel, but you never know). ;)

Maybe Mitch can come early.

TulsaHawg

Thehammer

Quote from: Hog Bounty Hunter on August 25, 2005, 05:36:51 pm
If he doesn't play him and get him a little experience for the USC game we could really get embarrassed, we probably will anyway but that would be a bad spot to put a new QB in.

If he doesn't play he could get hurt even more seriously and do more damage to his groin and then he wouldn't be able to play at all the next week. That would be a very bad spot also.

What is a coach to do?

What coach does is talk to the right medical people concerning RJ and cover all the options of playing/not playing .... i.e. would his nagging groin injury leave him exposed to a more serious season or career ending injury if he played?   Would his absence mean we could lose to Mizzou State?    Plus, you meet with your qb coach.   What are some plays we can run with Johnson that are not high risk to further aggravate his groin injury?  They might eliminate some roll out, sprint or bootleg plays that would have RJ running for the edge with the option to run or pass.   Probably they would avoid running any option plays unless they are pre-determined. 

All of this is assuming RJ will still be hindered 9 days from now.   I still think that Mortenson will get pt by late in the second quarter and probably Barthel will mop up in the fourth.   

toshortrock

Toshortrock,,,,,,GO HOGS/////