Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

A chance Robert Johnson doesn't play against Missouri State?

Started by hawkeyefan17, August 25, 2005, 02:52:30 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hawkeyefan17

I heard Mike and Bo this morning on Press Row talking about Johnson's groin injury before heading to class and I was wondering if there is a real chance he won't play because they don't want him getting seriously hurt against a 1-AA school. Maybe it would be better just to sit him and play Mortensen? I'd hate to see another Brodie Croyle happen, I think he got hurt against Western Carolina last season.

Tomhog™

RJ will definitely need his reps before the Vandy game and USC. We got so used to having MJ around, that we aren't used to having a green QB start.  I'd say in all likelihood he will play.  To what extent is the question...

razorprep

It's true Croyle got hurt against a lesser opponent...  but the game was well in hand and he had no business being on the field since he was proven...  RJ still has some proving to do, but look for him to come out early if the game is put away early

Hawgbrew

The Joy of closed practices.  Who knows how hurt he really is.  They can say what they want and we have no choice to beleive them.  I think he will be fine and cant wait for him to show what he has.

razorprep

Ditto...  i'm in favor of closed practices as long as it gives us an edge.  GO HOGS!!!

PAHog

I think he will start and come out sometime mid 2nd quarter.  Depending on how he feels, they may send him in to work again at the start of the second half.  If he's still in for the 4th quarter, it won't matter if he's hurt or not.
Darksider Since October 2003...We are victorious!

mikeirwin

I believe Johnson will play. The discussion we had was more along the lines of SHOULD he play. Bo and I both concluded that if Johnson were an experienced starter he might be withheld but given his current lack of playing time Nutt will almost certainly take a chance and play him. Keep in mind that we don't know how serious the problem is. During the 20 minutes when practice was open yesterday he repeatedly grabbed at his groin and he seemed to be bothered by the injury. We never saw him in a full speed situation so it's impossible to say if he could cut loose right now if it were game day.

SultanofSwine

That could be nothin more than some sabertooth crotch crickets. Rub some Tussin on it an git back in there son.

mikeirwin

Quote from: razorprep on August 25, 2005, 03:24:19 pm
Ditto... i'm in favor of closed practices as long as it gives us an edge. GO HOGS!!!
I'm glad you're in favor of closed practices but it will not give Arkansas an edge. It will have no effect at all. Team that is distracted by 4 or 5 reporters standing next to 8 or 10 boosters by a gate has no power of concentration to begin with.

SultanofSwine

toshortrock

Toshortrock,,,,,,GO HOGS/////

BigPapaHawg

I really think he needs to play to get the experience, before the next games!
WOO PIG

junkyardhog

Heard that RJ is almost back to true form today. via Scott Cain.  RJ will be ready guys.  BUT, if RJ doesn't play, don't look for him to start in the next 2. The starting quarterback against Misso state will have to beat himself to lose the next games start.