Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Update on my family

Started by TX HOG, August 25, 2005, 12:59:50 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

TX HOG

My wife and I found out Tuesday that our baby doesn't have Trisomy 18 (Edward's syndrome), nor does she have trisomy 21(Down's syndrome) or trisomy 13. The test results came back negative for those 3, but we're still awaiting test results to know exactly what's wrong with our baby girl. The doctors still think it's a chormosomal disorder, they just don't know which chromosome it is. Everyone has 23 pairs of chromosomes making a total of 46. In trisomy 18, 21, 13, the 18th, 21st, or 13th chromosome recieved a third chromosome instead of 2. I know it's really confusing, we have had to learn on the fly. Like I was saying the doctors don't know which of the chormosomes it could be, 1st, 3rd, 19th, 15th, etc... The outlook is still not good for our baby girl, the doctors are being very honest with us which is tough at first, but it's good to know their not giving us false hope. We are having a prayer service for her this evening at 6:30pm (central). If you could take a moment around that time and send a little prayer, our baby's name is Kaylee Nicole Johnson, my wife's name is Melissa, and mine is Joshua. Even with all this I still can't wait 'till those Razorbacks kick off, GO HOGS!!! Thanks for all your support and prayers.

thundergraham15

Quote from: TX HOG on August 25, 2005, 12:59:50 pm
My wife and I found out Tuesday that our baby doesn't have Trisomy 18 (Edward's syndrome), nor does she have trisomy 21(Down's syndrome) or trisomy 13. The test results came back negative for those 3, but we're still awaiting test results to know exactly what's wrong with our baby girl. The doctors still think it's a chormosomal disorder, they just don't know which chromosome it is. Everyone has 23 pairs of chromosomes making a total of 46. In trisomy 18, 21, 13, the 18th, 21st, or 13th chromosome recieved a third chromosome instead of 2. I know it's really confusing, we have had to learn on the fly. Like I was saying the doctors don't know which of the chormosomes it could be, 1st, 3rd, 19th, 15th, etc... The outlook is still not good for our baby girl, the doctors are being very honest with us which is tough at first, but it's good to know their not giving us false hope. We are having a prayer service for her this evening at 6:30pm (central). If you could take a moment around that time and send a little prayer, our baby's name is Kaylee Nicole Johnson, my wife's name is Melissa, and mine is Joshua. Even with all this I still can't wait 'till those Razorbacks kick off, GO HOGS!!! Thanks for all your support and prayers.

Hey Tex Hog my prayers are still with you and your family some news is better than no news because that means that god is guiding  eveything in a postive direction so keep the faith.

DevilHog

My family and I have been praying for you and will continue to do so. Thank you for keeping us posted

TX HOG

Without God in our lives we wouldn't know how to handle this, we know God has a plan for Kaylee.

JFHWGBKRIII

We are still with you in Hot Springs, TX HOG.

Swino

Thanks for the update, we will keep you in our prayers.

Flatfoot

Thank God for Hogville.  I get my Hog Therapy here everyday.

abq

We are having a prayer service for her this evening at 6:30pm (central). If you could take a moment around that time and send a little prayer

Will do!

BigPapaHawg

My thoughts and prayers continue to be with you and your family!
WOO PIG

Macgyver_Hawg

Quote from: abq on August 25, 2005, 01:11:54 pm
We are having a prayer service for her this evening at 6:30pm (central). If you could take a moment around that time and send a little prayer

Will do!

As will I.

TulsaHogFan

SultanofSwine

Prayers from east AR as well.

A good friend of mine and her husband had thier first child about a year ago and he was born with a hole in his heart, it was on the wrong side of the chest and arterial layout was backwards in the upper torso. He still has one surgery to go but the doctors are quite sure he will have a normal life with the exception of contact sports. This ofcourse was after an original speculation that he also had no spleen which would have made for a much different story.

Hand in there and keep God close.

GorillaJMonsoon

TXHOG,

My prayers are with you.  Make the most of what you are given and you will have no regrets.  I know you will take nothing for granted from this moment forward.  God bless you.

clew

prayers from another tx hog in austin...have faith that God's will is being done as you read this.  He gives you peace.
Pure as the dawn

hawgintherock

prayers to your family.  Be strong and God bless, from one father to another.