Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Lorinzo Robinson has been moved to WR

Started by Swino, August 25, 2005, 10:35:23 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Swino

Somebody explain this to me.  Please.  If the recievers are half as good as advertised, this guy won't even be able to bring the water to the recievers.  What is really going on here.

Bomis Hawg

Only thing I can guess is that he was getting no where at LB and Herring suggested a position change?  No idea.  I'll have to defer to the coaches on this call.

Flatline

He has a shoulder injury and can not make tackles.  It sounds to me that they have no place for him and just stuck him at receiver.

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: Swino on August 25, 2005, 10:35:23 am
Somebody explain this to me. Please. If the recievers are half as good as advertised, this guy won't even be able to bring the water to the recievers. What is really going on here.

You just answered your own question - "hint from Reggie Herring to Lorinzo Robinson"
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

RazorRedneck

Quote from: Flatline on August 25, 2005, 10:38:12 am
He has a shoulder injury and can not make tackles. It sounds to me that they have no place for him and just stuck him at receiver.

That is exactly what I heard from Mike Irwin

acsrazorback

Robinson it seemed never fit in with Herring.  I always thought that he wold be a good SS.  He was recruited to play the Rover position under Thompson and Wommack.

Jim Harris

Quote from: Flatline on August 25, 2005, 10:38:12 am
He has a shoulder injury and can not make tackles. It sounds to me that they have no place for him and just stuck him at receiver.

not trying to be argumentative here, but he can't make tackles and has a bum shoulder, then why did Nutt say he'll be primarily on special teams? I would hope we're going to tackle on special teams, block on special teams, etc.
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

HogInMemphis

Do you remember one of the first things Herring said when he had been here just a week or two? it was about Robinson and his lack of toughness or something to that effect...that he didn't possess enough of a defensive mentality. Thus, not surprising that he's no longer on defense.

I wonder if other SEC schools have this many complete position changes within 2 or 3 weeks of the first game.

Amityvillehogger

It seems like Robinson has been on the roster forever. 
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

Jim Harris

Quote from: HogInMemphis on August 25, 2005, 11:04:36 am
Do you remember one of the first things Herring said when he had been here just a week or two? it was about Robinson and his lack of toughness or something to that effect...that he didn't possess enough of a defensive mentality. Thus, not surprising that he's no longer on defense.

I wonder if other SEC schools have this many complete position changes within 2 or 3 weeks of the first game.

once again, spring was pretty must a waste of time for Nutt.
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

Biggus Piggus

I don't know, guys, spring probably showed them how bad certain players looked at certain positions.
[CENSORED]!

junkyardhog

Quote from: HogInMemphis on August 25, 2005, 11:04:36 am

No, but you have to remember Reggie hasn't had that much time to get his ducks in a row.  I gurantee you, you won't see this August of next year.

A Boy Named Sue E.

I think we should give our new senior safety Dedrick Poole and our new senior wide receiver Lerinzio Robinson the same jersey number to reward them for being such team players.

Lando Calrissian

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Robinson the guy who tried to arm tackle Florida's RB last year after the RB had gotten into the secondary, only to be left standing there like a little girl?

They probably moved him because he's injured & can't tackle...but I don't recall him being able to tackle in the first place.
Quote from: Breems

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haGfGkX-MbA&feature=youtube_gdata

Quote from: HawgBallLvrKentucky would be in the same position right now at #1 even with Pel as their HC.

Quote from: IronHogJohn Stockton wouldn't sniff today's NBA.

Quote from: jacksonpollackEvery time I look around in BWA I get dizzy. It is hard to judge the capacity. During the Auburn game I tried to count all the people in attendance but got lost at around 30,000.

toshortrock

kind of like at work,,if u can't do it,,jr. will take your spot
Toshortrock,,,,,,GO HOGS/////

ThisTeetsTaken

Lorinzo got out-ran by Texas' TE last year.  I wish him all the luck in life.
***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***