Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Jones and McFadden = Cadillac and Ronnie Brown???

Started by Chief Mac, August 25, 2005, 06:59:57 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Chief Mac

I know they haven't even sniffed the playing field yet and I am just feeding the hype machine, but can ya'll imagine our two freshman rbs in roles similar to Auburn's dynamic duo last year?  I say play them early and often as well as together!  If a dog is gonna bite, he'll bite as a pup or something like that.  I hope IF Howard doesn't have it going in the first game, we start feeding these kids PT and get them ready for USC and our SEC schedule.

WPS

Chris
"We spend two hundred and fifty billion dollars a year on defense and here we are....the fate of the planet in the hands of a bunch of retards I wouldn't trust with a potato gun!

Chief Mac

Quote from: hogapalooza on August 25, 2005, 07:12:20 am
They just might be that? But it will take a few years to know? 1 yr where they show their stuff. 1 yr where they show it wasn't a just a fluke. Then we can compare them to any duo we want to. But Yes I am Excited to have them and look forward to seeing what all they can do on the field in the SEC, and to think as a Freshman and Sophomore they will get usc, well they have the chance to show just what kind of young backs they are. GO HOGS!!

It would be nice for these two to have a big coming out party against USC!

WPS

Chris
"We spend two hundred and fifty billion dollars a year on defense and here we are....the fate of the planet in the hands of a bunch of retards I wouldn't trust with a potato gun!

Tomhog™

Backs don't need quite as much time to develop as other positions.  I could see both FJ and DMc having great seasons.  C4's frosh year was his best in my opinion.  I think we should unleash them...  ;D

Chief Mac

Quote from: Tomcat on August 25, 2005, 08:36:20 am
Backs don't need quite as much time to develop as other positions.  I could see both FJ and DMc having great seasons.  C4's frosh year was his best in my opinion.  I think we should unleash them... ;D

C4's senior year was statistically better as far as yardage.  But yes, rb's need less time to develop.  What takes time is the pass protections for backs.  Once they learn to block (aka pick up a blitz) they will be on the field alot!

WPS

Chris

Razorback Jedi

If these two end up as talented as Cadillac and Brown, we're going to see some very good Hog teams in the next 3-4 years.

Tomhog™

Quote from: GaRZRBCK on August 25, 2005, 08:51:37 am
Quote from: Tomcat on August 25, 2005, 08:36:20 am
Backs don't need quite as much time to develop as other positions. I could see both FJ and DMc having great seasons. C4's frosh year was his best in my opinion. I think we should unleash them... ;D

C4's senior year was statistically better as far as yardage. But yes, rb's need less time to develop. What takes time is the pass protections for backs. Once they learn to block (aka pick up a blitz) they will be on the field alot!

WPS

Chris

Yeah, I forgot that they do have to learn to block some hefty defenders.  That will take some development.

Bomis Hawg

I said it before, but one of the reasons why this tandem stayed together and was successful was due to injuries.  I have a feeling if Carnell played 4 injury-free season that Ronnie Brown might have transfered about the time Brandon Jacobs did -- or just accept a reduced role.

Felix and Darren are two quality backs.  We'll have to wait and see which picks up more the complete offensive load before making any just statement.  They combined for 972 yards.  Most came from Carnell prior to his injury.  Those injuries allowed Ronnie to shine.  I think when these guys are in their third year in the system, they could be two very good backs.

BigPapaHawg

Yep, maybe in a couple of years!

GO HOGS!     :razorback:
WOO PIG