Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What do you think of the ticket prices?

Started by TulsaHawg, August 24, 2005, 05:08:54 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

TulsaHawg

Our regular ticket prices are $35 per game.

The USC tix are $40; Bama is $40; Ole Miss is $40; & LSU is $36.

I think a couple of years ago when we went to Austin, the tix there were $55, and the tix for UT's games with OU and TAMU were $75.

I attended an OU game 2 or 3 years ago and the ticket price for a game with North Texas was something like $55 I think. I think OSU gets around $60 or $70 when they play OU and Texas.

In comparison, our ticket prices have remained quite affordable. Of course, if you donate, you might figure in your donation to the ticket price equation and you will come out with more than $35.  Of course that probably could be said for all the other schools.

Rick S. said last night that if all the premium seats at RRS were sold for a game, it would bring in about the same revenue as a sellout at WMS.

HogDodging

I guess in a comparative sense the ticket prices aren't too bad.  Of course, when I think of the cost versus the results we've seen the past seven years, then I think we're way overcharged.

mikeirwin

Your ticket prices are low because of the sky boxes. Arkansas has more luxury seats than any team in college football. They claim that those high dollar indoor seats (for a sellout) gives RRS a total revenue figure similiar to what Tennessee gets for it's 108 thousand seats.

HogDodging

Quote from: ImHogginIt on August 24, 2005, 09:23:39 pm
Quote from: Deep Shoat on August 24, 2005, 08:53:35 pm
I guess in a comparative sense the ticket prices aren't too bad.  Of course, when I think of the cost versus the results we've seen the past seven years, then I think we're way overcharged.

I think for the most part we've gotten our money's worth those 7 years

If by that you mean we haven't paid much and haven't gotten much, I can agree with you.

3kgthog

$50,000 to sit in a freakin' sauna and be separated from my fellow Razorback peeps? No thanks. 

PorcineSublime

Quote from: ImHogginIt on August 24, 2005, 08:29:58 pm
We are also very lucky we don't have to pay out the nose to the Razorback Foundation in order to keep our seat locations like some schools charge.
I have mixed emotions about the RF. On the one hand, we would not have been able to do half of what we do without them. But on the other hand, I feel they have too much influence on the program. I would be much more likely to donate to the Foundation if they had nothing to do with tickets or parking. I guess that is life with bigtime college FB. I will just have to get over it. I won't be complaining next Saturday. Just ready for some FB.WPS.
Sittin in the morning sun, I'll be sittin here when evening comes.

DevilHog

The luxury boxes add to $1000 a person. A 15 seat box is $15000 a season, 20 seat and 25 seat boxes are the same equation. You do have to donate a a high level to be considered for a box. The are all sold and there is still a pretty lengthy waiting list.

Inigo Montoya

My only complaint is that hog basketball tickets should just be free from now on.

Tomhog™

With all the nearby corporations, I'd imagine RRS would never have a hard time selling out in the boxes.  They were smart to put so many...  $35/ticket in this day and age is not bad for a sporting event...

PAHog

You may be separated from the action in a box, but it sure is nice to sip on a cool one in the stadium while you watch the game.  Also nice to not have to wait in concession lines or bathroom lines.  You can also cuss without having to worry about the small ears around you.
Darksider Since October 2003...We are victorious!

HogInMemphis

Ticket prices for Hog games are not even worth discussing they are so cheap. Of course, they should be cheap given the quality of the program since '00. And if they keep losing SEC games in RRS, I think the U of A should get their money back from Nutt for not using the facilities to recruit better.

A half-way decent ticket to one of 45 home games for the Memphis Grizzlies is $70, even in a season ticket package. And that's not lower level. Thus, Hog football tickets are a bahgin.