Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Patience

Started by JJHog, August 24, 2005, 11:18:24 am

Previous topic - Next topic

JJHog

I am growing tired of being patient. We always seem to be waiting for next year. I want to be excited about this season's prospects and I'm not.

That first Hog call will get me pumped.
" Think Right, Do Right"

Thehammer

Quote from: JJHog on August 24, 2005, 11:18:24 am
I am growing tired of being patient. We always seem to be waiting for next year. I want to be excited about this season's prospects and I'm not.

Guess you better set your jaw and try to be more patient.  We will be better this year IMO, but still mediocre; a dish that we have been served for five years now. 

I love college football and the hogs specifically, but If anybody's expecting me to wet my pants over another 6-5 season -- it's not going to happen.

Jim Harris

Even the Rick Schaeffers of the world have run out of examples of coaches that it took years to build a program back. The last as Frank Beamer and how after six years he was under .500. Bill McCartney took six years to get Colorado back.
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

hawkeyefan17

An example might be Dan McCarney. This is his 11th year at Iowa State. He is one heck of a football coach. But then again at Iowa State he doesn't have a tradition to live up to. McCarney is building the Iowa State program and I think he is headed in the right direction, he is still way under .500 for his career winning percentage at Iowa State. He has Iowa State consistently in bowls in recent years.

"I am growing tired of being patient. We always seem to be waiting for next year."

I know this feeling all too well. I am a huge, die hard Chicago Cubs fan."

Hang in there. Houston will get the job done. I just wish he'd hire an offensive coordinator.

Flatfoot

Quote from: Thehammer on August 24, 2005, 11:22:24 am

Guess you better set your jaw and try to be more patient. We will be better this year IMO, but still mediocre; a dish that we have been served for five years now.

I love college football and the hogs specifically, but If anybody's expecting me to wet my pants over another 6-5 season -- it's not going to happen.

That is some funny stuff.  I would wet myself right now for a guranteed 8-3 season ;D
Thank God for Hogville.  I get my Hog Therapy here everyday.

JJHog

I don't want to wake up Saturday mornings thinking " maybe we won't get crushed today".
" Think Right, Do Right"

toshortrock

i'm about to get that way myself
Toshortrock,,,,,,GO HOGS/////

PAHog

Until we are able to recruit better talent on defense and special teams, it will continue to be this way.
Darksider Since October 2003...We are victorious!

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: drakehog on August 24, 2005, 11:33:29 am

Even the Rick Schaeffers of the world have run out of examples of coaches that it took years to build a program back. The last as Frank Beamer and how after six years he was under .500. Bill McCartney took six years to get Colorado back.

Nutt and Beamer are similar.  Beamer took over a program that was entering horrendous NCAA sanctions, right before the team entered the Big East and vastly toughened its schedule.  He had one decent team then went into a slide until he could rebuild the talent level.  Nutt took over a program that went through a tinker toy NCAA investigation compared with Va Tech's.  His team's schedule strength got a lot tougher as of year three.  Beamer's first two seasons included meager recruiting.  Nutt's seasons 2, 4 and 5 were followed by meager recruiting.  By year seven, Beamer's team had begun an unbroken string of competing on the highest level.  By year seven, Nutt's team was unable to get into a bowl game.  But last year's Arkansas team was one year removed from NCAA sanctions.  Beamer's first great team was three years removed from NCAA sanctions.
[CENSORED]!

idochog

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on August 25, 2005, 11:24:01 pm

Nutt and Beamer are similar. Beamer took over a program that was entering horrendous NCAA sanctions, right before the team entered the Big East and vastly toughened its schedule. He had one decent team then went into a slide until he could rebuild the talent level. Nutt took over a program that went through a tinker toy NCAA investigation compared with Va Tech's. His team's schedule strength got a lot tougher as of year three. Beamer's first two seasons included meager recruiting. Nutt's seasons 2, 4 and 5 were followed by meager recruiting. By year seven, Beamer's team had begun an unbroken string of competing on the highest level. By year seven, Nutt's team was unable to get into a bowl game. But last year's Arkansas team was one year removed from NCAA sanctions. Beamer's first great team was three years removed from NCAA sanctions.

The one caveat holding back HDN from improving is his stubborness to replace Ealy, Alllen, Vaughn  and others and upgrade to asst. coaches to the caliber of Herring
I love Jesus!

Thehammer

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on August 25, 2005, 11:24:01 pm

Nutt and Beamer are similar. Beamer took over a program that was entering horrendous NCAA sanctions, right before the team entered the Big East and vastly toughened its schedule. He had one decent team then went into a slide until he could rebuild the talent level. Nutt took over a program that went through a tinker toy NCAA investigation compared with Va Tech's. His team's schedule strength got a lot tougher as of year three. Beamer's first two seasons included meager recruiting. Nutt's seasons 2, 4 and 5 were followed by meager recruiting. By year seven, Beamer's team had begun an unbroken string of competing on the highest level. By year seven, Nutt's team was unable to get into a bowl game. But last year's Arkansas team was one year removed from NCAA sanctions. Beamer's first great team was three years removed from NCAA sanctions.

I think that's a bad comparison.  Beamer came to a program that had no true tradition in football.   You couldn't call them a graveyard, but they had no history of being "big time" either.

Nutt came to a program that was admittedly down, but had rich football tradition.   The building process for someone like Beamer would be expected to take much longer than a head coach at Arkansas.  Same thing with Glen Mason.   He's taken over two true "graveyards" at Kanas and Minnesota and made them very good. 

It's time to quit giving our head coach all these alibis and excuses.  He has sold the fans a bill of goods that he hasn't backed up. 

HornetHog

Get excited about a new 6'6"....4.4 40yd dash man at DE.  We are going to create havoc for all opponents.  Speed will win games for us this year.
Just as smart as all the other smartarses on here